Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 150

Thread: Delta subforum moderators

  1. #1
    tereg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    EII/INFj
    Posts
    4,684
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Delta subforum moderators

    I haven't seen much discussion among Deltas about whether or not you want people appointed to moderate this subforum. But I will go ahead and ask formally here. Would you like to appoint moderators for this subforum, and if so who?
    INFj

    9w1 sp/sx

  2. #2
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm not sure we need to have one.

    I would nominate Minde.
    I would consider doing it, but, I don't really come here enough methinks.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  3. #3
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Gilly.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  4. #4
    ***el X Mercenary Nebuchadnezzar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Socionix sleeper cell
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Posts
    1,413
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't think Delta even needs a moderator. In fact, I'd prefer if we went without one. Regardless of what the other quadra subforums chose to do. That is my vote.

    "His feeling that this world is not his Fatherland, and that it does not represent his proper condition, so to speak—his feeling that, basically, he 'comes from afar'—will remain a fundamental element which will not give rise to mystical escapism and spiritual weakness, but rather will enable him to minimise, to relativise, to refer to higher concepts of measure and limit, all that can seem important and definitive to others, starting with death itself, and will confer on him calm force and breadth of vision." — Julius Evola

    SLI-Te | 5w6 sp/so
    Oldham Solitary

    Johari
    Nohari

  5. #5
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Not me...but why do there have to be so many moderators anyway? 2 or 3 holding the same capabilities would seem the most logical to me. Some are getting a little "lock thread" happy.

  6. #6
    Creepy-male

    Default

    If we use the reasoning that "quadra forums get representative moderators because those moderators understand the quadra values best", Delta automatically doesn't need moderators.

    Delta denies hierarchical structures, and we're all Fi enough to know how to not piss eachother off.

  7. #7
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Tereg.... aren't you delta?


    Why don't you just be the mod, if we need to have one.
    You're a mod already.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  8. #8
    ESTj Tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    562
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm fine with having no moderators in this subforum; there doesn't seem to be much need here in delta, thankfully.
    We'd probably end up with non-deltas anyway, like UDP or Gulanzon.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon View Post
    Delta denies hierarchical structures, and we're all Fi enough to know how to not piss eachother off.
    Fi is hierarchies, just relative ones rather than rational ones; we don't get into much argument delta-to-delta, as it stands.

    You're still Ne-ILE, though.
    Wond'ring aloud, How we feel today. Last night sipped the sunset, My hand in her hair. We are our own saviours, As we start both our hearts, Beating life Into each other. ~Ian Anderson

  9. #9
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Negatory. I'm not Ti-ego.

    I can't objectively compare ideas, it's something I'm deficient in. Naturally, this doesn't rule out some sort of Alpha SF. At least, from my understanding.

    So, Tom, what this means is I'm still IEE-Fi, though.

    Nor do I particularly wish to moderate.

  10. #10
    Slippery when wet Simon Ssmall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ✈ ↺
    Posts
    2,231
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    As far as im concerned tereg can be the moderator of Delta subforum. I dont care if he belongs to other quadra or not he could do a good job moderating our subforum. Minde would be another person I would be happy as a moderator.

    If for whatever reason someone would choose me as a moderator then I dont mind that as I doubt we need a lot of moderating. Apart from some one on one clashes it is quite civil here.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

    ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

    johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

  11. #11
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte View Post
    I don't think Delta even needs a moderator. In fact, I'd prefer if we went without one. Regardless of what the other quadra subforums chose to do. That is my vote.
    +1. In all seriousness.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  12. #12
    ESTj Tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    562
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon View Post
    I can't objectively compare ideas, it's something I'm deficient in.
    While I don't quite believe that, I think we can at least agree on Ne-ENxp (I would say you seem Fe- over Te-valuing, regardless of Ti/Fi)?
    Just try not to downplay what you're good at due to preconceived notions of type, whatever those things might be.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Now now, be nice! There's many a people who say you're not Delta
    Yes, there is a surprising lack of understanding on the forum.

    I actually agree with DeAnte on this one. I'm not too keen on over management in many walks of life. Also, I think the existing admin and mod team are doing a good job as it is and I don't see why they couldn't handle any issues that occur in Delta.
    Def.

    Just to let you know Tom, a lot of people in Delta like to use real life examples when discussing socionics, and for my part, I don't want to see a battle break out where you try to force your version of socionics on to someone or everyone else, I don't think this place should be a socionics concentration camp
    Nor do I; I don't think it should be a breeding ground for false information either.

    So as you are questioning others types here, out of the blue it would seem, perhaps your not so subtle style of underlying competition would do better in Beta?
    If only you understood that it isn't a competition.
    It's about being exact and making sure that false information is discarded and not laundered about the place, which it already quite sufficiently has been.
    Wond'ring aloud, How we feel today. Last night sipped the sunset, My hand in her hair. We are our own saviours, As we start both our hearts, Beating life Into each other. ~Ian Anderson

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think the delta quadra should rule their forum madmax 'gunghoe' style ... meaning all out vigilante ...

  14. #14
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    I'm fine with having no moderators in this subforum; there doesn't seem to be much need here in delta, thankfully.
    We'd probably end up with non-deltas anyway, like UDP or Gulanzon.



    Fi is hierarchies, just relative ones rather than rational ones; we don't get into much argument delta-to-delta, as it stands.

    You're still Ne-ILE, though.
    What?????

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    I'm fine with having no moderators in this subforum; there doesn't seem to be much need here in delta, thankfully.
    We'd probably end up with non-deltas anyway, like UDP or Gulanzon.




    Fi is hierarchies, just relative ones rather than rational ones; we don't get into much argument delta-to-delta, as it stands.

    You're still Ne-ILE, though.
    Yes, I agree that we don't like hierarchy especially those who are truly delta.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    Tereg.... aren't you delta?


    Why don't you just be the mod, if we need to have one.
    You're a mod already.
    Jesus, what are you? You choose Minde for this?

  15. #15
    EffyCold thePirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    TIM
    ??
    Posts
    1,897
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    if this were to be implemented, I think Minde should be appointed mod

    it would be very fitting
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

  16. #16
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    if this were to be implemented, I think Minde should be appointed mod

    it would be very fitting
    Good then I will change my colors to pink and go for alpha because at least I can meet honest individuals there.

  17. #17
    Creepy-cinq

    Default

    Does the mod need to be Delta? I'll volunteer.

  18. #18
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'd do it but I'm obviously biased against Maritsa from the get-go, so maybe it wouldn't be fair.

  19. #19
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    I'd do it but I'm obviously biased against Maritsa from the get-go, so maybe it wouldn't be fair.
    Wow, now you think about fairness?

  20. #20
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    I nominate the magic 8 ball.

  21. #21
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Wow, now you think about fairness?
    I dont' care what you think about how fair I am or not, or when, or how consistently.

  22. #22
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I nominate the magic 8 ball.
    awesome.

  23. #23
    Creepy-cinq

    Default

    I promise, cross my heart, to be as judicious as possible. Also, I'm thinking I might be INFj or ENFp. I'm considering self-typing myself as one of them, for a year or so. I've accumulated a boatload of rationalizations for these self-typings too...

  24. #24
    star stuff April's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    chatbox
    TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Posts
    917
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I vote for no mods. Can't we just be adults, and if not, does it really matter?

  25. #25
    Creepy-cinq

    Default

    No, this really matters. This is serious stuff. I am determined to be moderator. No compromise.

  26. #26
    EffyCold thePirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    TIM
    ??
    Posts
    1,897
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I NOMINATE THE PIRATE

    ILL CLEAN THAT PLACE UP

    ALL IN FAVOR SAY ARR
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

  27. #27
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,078
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    I vote for no mods. Can't we just be adults, and if not, does it really matter?
    Sometimes people do actually care about their conversations here. Some of it may seem silly or insignificant to you or others. In fact, sometimes there are discussions where I can only go, " Does it really matter that much?" But still I think that should be respected. After all, there are things I care a lot about that I know most other people don't.

    As before, I would prefer if no moderation were needed. Ideally, yes, everyone would be responsible and considerate. However, it appears that the ideal is not reality, not everyone acts like adults, and some people's threads and conversations are getting polluted past the point of their tolerance. So, I think it might be good to elect a few mods.

    I don't think they'd actually have to do all that much. Hopefully not, anyway. We've done pretty well up until now. Maybe just a couple of enforcements might be enough to be a reminder. I've noticed before that sometimes temporary bannings have good effect on the offenders, making them a little bit more careful.




    I suggest we make some nominations, after a few days show the list of them to Gilly so he can eliminate the ones he absolutely would not have, and then vote on the remainders.

    Here are a few who I think could do it alright:

    Mariella (the fact that she's second-guessing her fairness tells me she'd be fair enough)
    Ryu
    Nik (even if not Delta, she seems level-headed enough)
    Director Abbie
    TheGreeter
    Marie84
    Lobo
    Brian (again, even if not Delta)
    Last edited by Minde; 05-11-2010 at 03:36 AM.
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  28. #28
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Sometimes people do actually care about their conversations here. Some of it may seem silly or insignificant to you or others. In fact, sometimes there are discussions where I can only go, " Does it really matter that much?" But still I think that should be respected. After all, there are things I care a lot about that I know most other people don't.

    As before, I would prefer if no moderation were needed. Ideally, yes, everyone would be responsible and considerate. However, it appears that the ideal is not reality, not everyone acts like adults, and some people's threads and conversations are getting polluted past the point of their tolerance. So, I think it might be good to elect a few mods.

    I don't think they'd actually have to do all that much. Hopefully not, anyway. We've done pretty well up until now. Maybe just a couple of enforcements might be enough to be a reminder. I've noticed before that sometimes temporary bannings have good effect on the offenders, making them a little bit more careful.




    I suggest we make some nominations, after a few days show the list of them to Gilly so he can eliminate the ones he absolutely would not have, and then vote on the remainders.

    Here are a few who I think could do it alright:

    Mariella (the fact that she's second-guessing her fairness tells me she'd be fair enough)
    Ryu
    Nik (even if not Delta, she seems level-headed enough)
    Director Abbie
    TheGreeter
    Marie84
    Lobo
    Brian (again, even if not Delta)
    Can you first of all explain what is wrong with the conversations? If people want to discuss types or general socionics or other things with each other then that is fine is it not what forum is here for?

    Maybe you are against certain type of discussions, like talking about socionics or personal 'attacking'?, if that is the case I have to wonder why you nominate Mariella for instance, considering that just about every thread in delta she is banging on about Maritsa being an ESE or wrong about this or that.

    The way I see it is the only thing that ACTUALLY requires moderation is the removal of Khoalas post, which could cause someone some actual trouble not even at work.

    Anything else is for ignore list, people can choose themselves who they do or don't respond to.

    I'm also suspicious of who decides how long two or more people are allowed to talk or debate about something. Try to curb peoples freedom on an internet forum is just as likely to make people treat it as 'lol's and cause more trouble than what was initially there.

    I actually have to suspect that the whole purpose of this is to 'chastise' Maritsa. Put her in a sin bin or something.

    Well, after all that - if we REALLY must have moderators, my opinion is that a new thread be created asking, do you want to be a Delta moderator? If people actually want to do it they write their name on the thread, then Gilly can say which ones he doesn't want, then a poll can be created with their names. Not much point in nominating people if they don't want to do it in first place, seems better just to let people speak up that would want to do it.

    But the whole thing is bizarre and I have to say that the threat of greater moderation here than in other parts of the forum, if it comes down to basically someone not liking my post or what i'm talking about, then I doubt i'll be participating in Delta from that point.

  29. #29
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by he died with a felafel View Post
    lol Cy, you woke up to this? lol
    lol, I get up most mornings, can't remember last time I was awake though

  30. #30
    ._. Aiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    2,015
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Good then I will change my colors to pink and go for alpha because at least I can meet honest individuals there.
    I think it's reason enough for Minde to be a moderator. Might convince Maritsa to try something new for a change.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Can you first of all explain what is wrong with the conversations? If people want to discuss types or general socionics or other things with each other then that is fine is it not what forum is here for?

    (...)

    But the whole thing is bizarre and I have to say that the threat of greater moderation here than in other parts of the forum, if it comes down to basically someone not liking my post or what i'm talking about, then I doubt i'll be participating in Delta from that point.
    I'm not for law and order everywhere, but it gets tiring when the same arguments for someone's type get repeated over and over in every new thread - and that's all over the forum, not only in Delta. Like, nothing wrong with thread derailment, but this sort of posts are largely pointless (repetitive, boring and in the middle of other discussion) and could be moved to threads about the person's types, especially if they're actually in someone else's typing thread. Or form new ones if need be. Mods don't have to be limited to deleting.

    I don't like the idea of too much moderation, but I see it as practical in these circumstances. Just a view from outside Delta.

  31. #31
    Marie84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    2,359
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Sometimes people do actually care about their conversations here. Some of it may seem silly or insignificant to you or others. In fact, sometimes there are discussions where I can only go, " Does it really matter that much?" But still I think that should be respected. After all, there are things I care a lot about that I know most other people don't.

    As before, I would prefer if no moderation were needed. Ideally, yes, everyone would be responsible and considerate. However, it appears that the ideal is not reality, not everyone acts like adults, and some people's threads and conversations are getting polluted past the point of their tolerance. So, I think it might be good to elect a few mods.

    I don't think they'd actually have to do all that much. Hopefully not, anyway. We've done pretty well up until now. Maybe just a couple of enforcements might be enough to be a reminder. I've noticed before that sometimes temporary bannings have good effect on the offenders, making them a little bit more careful.




    I suggest we make some nominations, after a few days show the list of them to Gilly so he can eliminate the ones he absolutely would not have, and then vote on the remainders.

    Here are a few who I think could do it alright:

    Mariella (the fact that she's second-guessing her fairness tells me she'd be fair enough)
    Ryu
    Nik (even if not Delta, she seems level-headed enough)
    Director Abbie
    TheGreeter
    Marie84
    Lobo
    Brian (again, even if not Delta)
    Thank you for considering me
    Though I don't think special moderators really need to be instated.


    I'm not going to beat around the bush and just spill it out; there's only one member who has gone way out of bounds and whose posts (especially over the last few days/weeks) would sanction grounds for a banning, or at the least, a few weeks suspension, and that is Maritsa (duh!)

    I only hope that the mods do something about her, as I fear if she continues she may deter the more civil members from coming here, and I don't think they should feel uncomfortable due to the actions of one ambitiously antagonistic member
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

  32. #32
    Marie84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    2,359
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    I think it's reason enough for Minde to be a moderator. Might convince Maritsa to try something new for a change.
    good idea
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

  33. #33
    i'll tear down the sky Mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    TIM
    NeFi
    Posts
    1,108
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think a moderator is needed for Delta, at least for the time being. One that easily can be used now and then won't feel the need to moderate that much once the bustle of this forum goes down. The reason there are moderators on forums is because internet users can't seem to act like "adults," so a pretend adult is appointed to make sure they do. In all honesty, lots of stupid shit has been going on here, and if we didn't need a moderator, I don't think the many discussions about moderation would come up. Though I personally find Maritsa to instigate a lot of crap, she has the option to speak and the option to be ignored. The only reason anyone on this forum can affect you is if you let them. We do need someone to make sure things are work-safe, as something rather unnecessary just happened that wouldn't have happened if a little note or something was attached.

    And really, whether someone is "truly" Delta or not doesn't seem to matter. Those who are common to Delta and are in all the discussions and can spot things easily because they are here often enough is what will make the difference. I don't see a problem with any of the older members who still frequent here enough to be a mod.

  34. #34
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,078
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Can you first of all explain what is wrong with the conversations? If people want to discuss types or general socionics or other things with each other then that is fine is it not what forum is here for?

    Maybe you are against certain type of discussions, like talking about socionics or personal 'attacking'?, if that is the case I have to wonder why you nominate Mariella for instance, considering that just about every thread in delta she is banging on about Maritsa being an ESE or wrong about this or that.
    So, you're mad at Mariella for arguing with Maritsa, but you're just fine with Maritsa going around arguing with and constantly challenging other people? That seems a little... off to me.


    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    The way I see it is the only thing that ACTUALLY requires moderation is the removal of Khoalas post, which could cause someone some actual trouble not even at work.
    What you are saying here is that there are certain times where moderation would be good. That's all I'm saying, too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I'm also suspicious of who decides how long two or more people are allowed to talk or debate about something. Try to curb peoples freedom on an internet forum is just as likely to make people treat it as 'lol's and cause more trouble than what was initially there.
    This isn't about curbing people's freedoms. This is about two or more people having a fistfight in your dining room while you are trying to have a pleasant dinner conversation. If they don't want to take the fight outside themselves, someone else can do the moving for them.


    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I actually have to suspect that the whole purpose of this is to 'chastise' Maritsa. Put her in a sin bin or something.
    Do you really think this is my motivation? If so, then you have deeply misunderstood me, which makes me sad as well as somewhat insulted. Please, Cyclops, try to have some understanding here and don't assume the worst of me or other people.

    You have known me for this long, have read my posts - do you really think I'm a maniac for revenge or that I want to set up totalitarian moderation?


    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    But the whole thing is bizarre and I have to say that the threat of greater moderation here than in other parts of the forum, if it comes down to basically someone not liking my post or what i'm talking about, then I doubt i'll be participating in Delta from that point.
    To put mods in specifically in charge of Delta would actually even things out, since Alpha and Beta already have quadra-specific moderators. And I would suspect that the moderation here would be just as much, if not less, than in those ones.


    Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    I'm not for law and order everywhere, but it gets tiring when the same arguments for someone's type get repeated over and over in every new thread - and that's all over the forum, not only in Delta. Like, nothing wrong with thread derailment, but this sort of posts are largely pointless (repetitive, boring and in the middle of other discussion) and could be moved to threads about the person's types, especially if they're actually in someone else's typing thread. Or form new ones if need be. Mods don't have to be limited to deleting.

    I don't like the idea of too much moderation, but I see it as practical in these circumstances. Just a view from outside Delta.



    Quote Originally Posted by look.to.the.sky View Post
    I think a moderator is needed for Delta, at least for the time being. One that easily can be used now and then won't feel the need to moderate that much once the bustle of this forum goes down. The reason there are moderators on forums is because internet users can't seem to act like "adults," so a pretend adult is appointed to make sure they do. In all honesty, lots of stupid shit has been going on here, and if we didn't need a moderator, I don't think the many discussions about moderation would come up. Though I personally find Maritsa to instigate a lot of crap, she has the option to speak and the option to be ignored. The only reason anyone on this forum can affect you is if you let them. We do need someone to make sure things are work-safe, as something rather unnecessary just happened that wouldn't have happened if a little note or something was attached.

    And really, whether someone is "truly" Delta or not doesn't seem to matter. Those who are common to Delta and are in all the discussions and can spot things easily because they are here often enough is what will make the difference. I don't see a problem with any of the older members who still frequent here enough to be a mod.
    And to all of this, too. I honestly don't think that the moderators will have to do much, if anything really. But there can be a felt need for them and instances where they could be helpful, which is why I would support having a couple.
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  35. #35
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    And I would suspect that the moderation here would be just as much, if not less, than in those ones.
    I don't think that it's possible to moderate things less than we do in alpha quadra

  36. #36
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Actually I think look to the sky or tereg would be great moderators. I think I'm too involved, and maritsa has an issue with minde so even though I think minde would be fair, maritsa would never feel that way, and as much as i don't like her it should be fair to her as well.

  37. #37
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,078
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    I don't think that it's possible to moderate things less than we do in alpha quadra
    That's my point, actually.
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  38. #38
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,724
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm in favor of Delta moderators. The other subforums all get to be special colors in the chatbox; we need some representation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I nominate the magic 8 ball.
    I nominate the color blue.

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  39. #39
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    fwiw I think that it's a good idea to choose some delta mods, if for no other reason than it would add some delta voices to the (infrequent) discussions in the hidden mod subforum when issues arise.

  40. #40
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    Actually I think look to the sky or tereg would be great moderators. I think I'm too involved, and maritsa has an issue with minde so even though I think minde would be fair, maritsa would never feel that way, and as much as i don't like her it should be fair to her as well.
    I second look.to.the.sky (i'm not as familiar with tereg but he seems well suited). I think she is one of the most mature and unbiased people among the Deltas at the moment.

    Maritsa is ok, she is a kind person at heart, but she's just not a delta. Socionics works. If the majority of the Delta forum is in an uproar about her not fitting in, despite most of our efforts to give her the benefit of the doubt multiple times, she obviously demonstrates behavior that goes against this quadra. She can name things however she wants, but our collective sentiments about her cannot just be coincidence and as a pattern does form a reflection of her actual behavior and values. I was on the receiving end of such a dynamic in beta when i mistyped myself as IEI. And no matter how upset and hurt i was at the time, it really was for my own good.

    And when someone starts saying/thinking that most people in a quadra are mistyped, it is more likely that that particular individual is the one who is mistyped.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •