Thread: IEIs/INFps can be of enneagram type 6?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEIs/INFps can be of enneagram type 6?

right?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why not?
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well... some socionic types are more likely to be particular enneagram types than others. I'm not sure I've ever met an INFp E-6 until now so I just wondered if anyone else had and if people think that's a rare E-type for the IEI or not.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well ENFj's are often 6's.

I think there is less correlation between enneagram and socionics than many will have you believe.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    well... some socionic types are more likely to be particular enneagram types than others. I'm not sure I've ever met an INFp E-6 until now so I just wondered if anyone else had and if people think that's a rare E-type for the IEI or not.
    There are definitely consistent frequency distributions within the correlations between the two systems. INFp 6s are not unheard of at all, although most are 4s. A fair amount of Fe-subs will be 3w4s, and you'll get a 5w4 Ni-sub every now and then. 9s are also possible. I've never observed anything outside of those five types.

I'd say the frequency, from greatest to least, for INFps, is 4w3 > 4w5 > 3w4 > 6w5 > 9w1 > 6w7 > 5w4
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    well ENFj's are often 6's.

I think there is less correlation between enneagram and socionics than many will have you believe.

+1

Any Socionics type can potentially be probably all but one or two E-types. I mean obviously you aren't going to run into many, if any, IEI or ILI 8s, or SLE 9s, or EII 7s, but generally I think it's a bad idea to try to establish concrete correlations between the two theories. Obviously there are some overriding tendencies, like IEIs being 4s, SLEs being 7s and 8s, ESIs being 6s, EIEs being 3s...but if we're honest, almost anything is possible.

The problem with this approach, however, is that some people will use Socionics and the Enneagram in conjunction to try to explain themselves; ie "Socionics explains one part of me and Enneagram explains the other," whereas really you have to take the whole picture into consideration for both types and see what works best on both fronts without letting one type in one theory bias you towards another type in the other theory.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilly
    The problem with this approach, however, is that some people will use Socionics and the Enneagram in conjunction to try to explain themselves; ie "Socionics explains one part of me and Enneagram explains the other," whereas really you have to take the whole picture into consideration for both types and see what works best on both fronts without letting one type in one theory bias you towards another type in the other theory.
    But the fact is, they do describe different parts of people. So, in addressing a specific behavior or trait, it is not unreasonable for a person to say, "this is because of my e-type" and disregard their socio-type. I think they can and should be used in conjunction, just not as some conflated tag-team to write off the shortcomings of the other if ambiguity presents itself. But yeah, it makes sense that one shouldn't assume that a certain e-type is a corollary of a sociotype.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    +1

Any Socionics type can potentially be probably all but one or two E-types. I mean obviously you aren't going to run into many, if any, IEI or ILI 8s, or SLE 9s, or EII 7s, but generally I think it's a bad idea to try to establish concrete correlations between the two theories. Obviously there are some overriding tendencies, like IEIs being 4s, SLEs being 7s and 8s, ESIs being 6s, EIEs being 3s...but if we're honest, almost anything is possible.

yea I think this should be looked at more closely. even if both system of psychology explains different thigns, there are still so much things that are said that is common and thefore no denying that there is a connection between them and i believe it can be figure out and eventually we can say that XXXx type can and cannot be E-#.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No will believe this lol, but I actually know a 2w1 Ni INTp... Gives himself up selflessly, lacks his own emotions, has to get perfect grades, teacher's pet, etc.
    The end is nigh

Creepy-Cyclops

I think a 6 is mostly a dominant Fi type of description, but although I play with the correlations occasionally, I don't really discount the possibility that an INFp can't be a 6, or at least enough to debate it.

I'd possibly consider redbaron that the INFp is a 4 and maybe temporarily re-inventing an identity of being a 6, maybe.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI 6s are plausible.

i think that in this community kanerou/ryene astraelis is an IEI 6w7 (or possibly 6w5; whatever. the point being that she expresses the same type of nervous tension and overwrought behavior that i think of as generally the prototypical of sixes).

strrrng is also 6w5; he may be IEI as well.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    strrrng is also 6w5; he may be IEI as well.
    lol, right. What is the point of giving a tentative stamp of approval to a typing that everyone on this forum recognizes as blatantly obvious? I think the point is: you are not an arbiter, and I am not 6w5.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    lol, right. What is the point of giving a tentative stamp of approval to a typing that everyone on this forum recognizes as blatantly obvious?
    If you show to everyone that you are capable of giving such approval, you might get some people to think you must be really knowledgable.

It's a recurring theme in nearly all of his posts.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    No will believe this lol, but I actually know a 2w1 Ni INTp... Gives himself up selflessly, lacks his own emotions, has to get perfect grades, teacher's pet, etc.
    you sure he is not a 6?
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol no

the only "plausible" types he could be are 3w4 3w2 2w3 2w1 1w2 1w9 9w1

but the probable types are 2w3 2w1 and 1w2 however I believe he is a 2 first.

Many people would scoff at that, but when you see it... you believe lol.

6's tend to be very politicized. He is not.
    The end is nigh