...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LSIs who play LSEs in films

I find this an interesting phenomenon. Not only because they are clearly good actors if they can fool us into thinking they are a certain type, but also because it genuinely shows; an LSE who played an LSE would clearly look different to an LSI who plays an LSE. Matt Damon (Jason Bourne in the Bourne trilogy) and Russell Crowe (Maximus in Gladiator) both play LSEs, and yet are LSIs in real life.

Any other examples?
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus Christ I expected more feedback than this!
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Due to an apparent lack of interest in Ezra's thread topic, I've decided to post a trailer to a movie I think will be right up Ezra's alley.

"His feeling that this world is not his Fatherland, and that it does not represent his proper condition, so to speak—his feeling that, basically, he 'comes from afar'—will remain a fundamental element which will not give rise to mystical escapism and spiritual weakness, but rather will enable him to minimise, to relativise, to refer to higher concepts of measure and limit, all that can seem important and definitive to others, starting with death itself, and will confer on him calm force and breadth of vision." — Julius Evola

SLI-Te | 5w6 sp/so
    Oldham Solitary

Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does Damon really play anything but LSEs in movies? Most of his roles seem Te ego/Fi super id.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    Robert Redford often plays the role of a benevolent defender (e.g. the last castle), - is that even a common LSE role? - but I think he may actually be an LSE or some delta.
    lol, Rick has him down as an EIE.

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte View Post
    Due to an apparent lack of interest in Ezra's thread topic, I've decided to post a trailer to a movie I think will be right up Ezra's alley.

YouTube - Public Enemies (2009) 720 p HD Trailer
    Yeah, it looks good - I'm looking forward to that. Most of the music on the trailer, however, sounded ridiculously anachronistic and detracted significantly from the generally decent visual content. Not that I'm afraid they'll do that in the film or anything: (1) it's directed by Michael Mann, and he does not fuck around and (2) they used contemporary hip hop for the promotion of American Gangster, and the soundtrack was basically in keeping with its '70s setting.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Does Damon really play anything but LSEs in movies? Most of his roles seem Te ego/Fi super id.
    Yeah, good point actually. Maybe he is actually an LSE, haha.

TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Matt Damon is ESTj in the first place.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I think Matt Damon is LSE too. I think Mark Wahlberg is LSI - why types are the characters he plays? And Richard Dreyfus - he's LSI too.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    I think Mark Wahlberg is LSI - why types are the characters he plays?
    I saw We Own The Night last week, and I was trying to type the characters in that. Initially I thought there was supervision going on between Wahlberg and Phoenix - their characters were, I thought, LSI and SEE respectively - but then as the film went on I realised that it could be LSI-EIE duality. Wahlberg, I think, was an LSI.

From what else I've seen with him in: in Shooter he is probably LSI. In The Departed, he is almost certainly Beta ST. In The Italian Job and Planet of the Apes (two of his blandest roles IMO) - he plays a similar role as he does in Shooter, although he might be playing an LSE - whatever the case, he's definitely an ST in his roles, and Rationality seems prominent. In Boogie Nights, he plays an SEI. In I Heart Huckabees, I'm not so sure, although I think he might be an SLE.

Pretend like it's the weekend Banana Pancakes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MATT DAMON!
    ILE-Ti
    6w7 sx/sp (low level of confidence)

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wahlberg looks like a high-strung, angry psycho in most of the movies I've seen him in. They do look a lot like eachother with Damon physically though.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.