Thread: Feeling off in non-dual relationships?

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Feeling off in non-dual relationships?

Does anyone feel off about having a relationship with someone that isn't their dual?

And another problem, is that what if you have a dual and they find another dual? Like if I were with my Dual and I met 50 Cent and he wanted to hook up, it's a of a dilemma isn't it (YES HE IS ESTP =P)?
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually get erections from looking at girls' titays.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol at thread
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dinki View Post
    Does anyone feel off about having a relationship with someone that isn't their dual?
    I'd fuck anything that moved at the moment.

No, not quite, but I am often interested in really hot girls regardless of their type. Then I realise that if I were to establish any kind of relationship with them, it would probably fail, and that what I am experiencing is purely lust. Especially extroverts.

And another problem, is that what if you have a dual and they find another dual? Like if I were with my Dual and I met 50 Cent and he wanted to hook up, it's a of a dilemma isn't it (YES HE IS ESTP =P)?
    Oh SHIT. Fifty fucking Cent! Come on!

Although, if you like his music (even if you don't - I hate it), you might be interested in this.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tuturututu View Post
    An interesting phenomenon.

Interaction with my duals of opposite sex sometime causes spontaneous erections.
    hmmmmm

That's not the case with other types.
    sure it doesn't.

so what's the concentration of your dual in those parts?
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    so what's the concentration of your dual in those parts?
    In which parts? I don't understand.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where you live
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having a further think, I reckon I could happily maintain a relationship with an EIE. After all, two of my best friends are EIEs, and I almost thought I was LSI at one point because of how brilliant our relations are. Perhaps an LSI (but more likely an EIE) - I just don't feel an LSI would be able to offer me anything. However, I think I would definitely enjoy an LSI's friendship, and I am potentially friends with a few of them, although I'm not definitely sure they're LSIs.

An SLE partner wouldn't work IMO - they'd merely be a really, really good fuck.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tuturututu View Post
    Am I really skillful when it comes to recognizing my dual? Or what? I know not.
    I read somewhere in this site, years ago, something Expat wrote, I think, that our instinct makes us spot our duals: that makes it easier to survive. In a sense, everybody "knows" Socionics.

But this is even easier if your radar gets a boner
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you meet a second dual, there will be a temptation to switch (purely because the new dual is right there in front of you and the original dual isn't), but it would be a bad idea to do so, because you would lose all of the relationship you've built up up to that point. When you meet the original dual again, it will all make sense. Just make sure the periods of separation aren't too long!

I suppose you would have a rational reason to switch if the second dual was in some way better than the first (i.e. rich and famous), but to do so would be cold and evil, imo.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Creepy-Cyclops

I know what you mean but I have to say no. Important first of all that I get on with the person. This usually means that they are in the same quadra as me when it comes to really getting along, but i've known other types who are OK for me too.

I don't think there's much point in being in a relationship if a person is going to worry too much about their other half leaving them. There are always better looking people, more successful people, and other duals out there, even for 50 percent.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had an ex who told me once "reality is what you can get away with." I say use a rubber! be aware of the risks of disease transmissions, but if you can get close enough to them and you want them then do it. Live it up.
    Lefty
    ENFJ

"I'm Sick of Old Men Dreaming Up Wars for Young Men To Die In," George McGovern.

Most people don't, since most people don't date their duals.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I had such a time. After I got single (from my conflictor!) the first next girl that I dated happened to be my dual. But...she was really ugly.

But that was also the moment that I discovered the difference between a conflict relationship and a dual one, and giving me the empirical evidence I needed to accept Socionics. From then on, I started some sort of dual hunt. In the end realizing that some duals are not always the perfect girl. Yet the interaction was always very pleasant.

At this moment, I would still prefer a dual for a serious relationship, but I find it hard to imagine ever getting 'serious' in that whole relationship thing.

Given the chance that your dual would met a celebrity dual I find it useless to comment on this, yet I think duality is the strongest relationship over long periods, so I wouldn't worry about it. There are better things to worry about, like finding a dual is sometimes a difficult job :-)

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Yes I had such a time. After I got single (from my conflictor!) the first next girl that I dated happened to be my dual. But...she was really ugly.

But that was also the moment that I discovered the difference between a conflict relationship and a dual one, and giving me the empirical evidence I needed to accept Socionics. From then on, I started some sort of dual hunt. In the end realizing that some duals are not always the perfect girl. Yet the interaction was always very pleasant.

At this moment, I would still prefer a dual for a serious relationship, but I find it hard to imagine ever getting 'serious' in that whole relationship thing.

Given the chance that your dual would met a celebrity dual I find it useless to comment on this, yet I think duality is the strongest relationship over long periods, so I wouldn't worry about it. There are better things to worry about, like finding a dual is sometimes a difficult job :-)
    =) Thank you!
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    I'd fuck anything that moved at the moment.

No, not quite, but I am often interested in really hot girls regardless of their type. Then I realise that if I were to establish any kind of relationship with them, it would probably fail, and that what I am experiencing is purely lust. Especially extroverts.

Oh SHIT. Fifty fucking Cent! Come on!

Although, if you like his music (even if you don't - I hate it), you might be interested in this.
    ...urh thanks haha!

rofl. I was just taking the piss haha. Like my sister is all like -mateee, your dual is a fucking gangsta prick- so I was like -yeahhh boy. They all are like 50 Cent ;] haha-...
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Having a further think, I reckon I could happily maintain a relationship with an EIE. After all, two of my best friends are EIEs, and I almost thought I was LSI at one point because of how brilliant our relations are. Perhaps an LSI (but more likely an EIE) - I just don't feel an LSI would be able to offer me anything. However, I think I would definitely enjoy an LSI's friendship, and I am potentially friends with a few of them, although I'm not definitely sure they're LSIs.

An SLE partner wouldn't work IMO - they'd merely be a really, really good fuck.
    I used to think that I can almost never be able to go out with an SLE Female. I never met much of them, but from those that I have seen, my interactions with them are either super intense, or super mellow. I think that though if I were ever going to get close with one, It can be very enjoyful, if I have the energy to keep up with them, then yes definity.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My interaction with my dual is...when we do stuff, it's always fun. We go out to eat A LOT. And usually end up going back to his place and be lazy. My fave thing with him, is just to chill out and do fuck all. I think because, at these times, we can be physically the closest. Not only that, it seems more intimate. When we actually go and do things, it's always fun. Always laughing.

Speaking of laughter...inittially, our humors were off. We do not have the same sense of humor, and that was a bit cause for concern in the beggining because most people, including myself, think it's important to have the same (or similar) sense of humor. This was not the case...however, even tho I was concerned a bit everything else was an amazing click. Over time, it's really obvious how both of us have come to understand each other's humor and also, adapted to it. I find that, we've found a blance, and although we don't always agree, we understand the differences and have adapted to them. I find more and more, we both try (natrually) to make each other laugh and appriciate the difference.

It's amazing how we compensate our differences through understanding and adapting. It's like there is no natural resistance to any of them. It just seems so easy.

Unlike in most instances, were I tend to view situations where I don't agree...with him I have this ability to not just accept, but appriciate what he has to say and find balance. I find it's the same with him. There were situations where he expressed in the past he wasn't fond of certain things...with me, if I exhibit or flat out tell him I'm the same or what not...he will break it down and put reasoning behind it. Sometimes even saying "well, it's cute when you do it" or he will put it into a context where with me, it's acceptable whereas in other people it's seen as "unacceptable". When this is the case, he will usually explain his reason why he accepts and goes on to almost justify it in my instance.

In the begining, I almost resented this, because he flat out expressed dislike and then with me, it's almost as though he changes his story. I thought it was just to avoid conflict between us. I realized, that over time...it's not to avoid conflit between us, but for me to avoid conflit within myself.
    Yesterday I knew nothing, today I know that.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...urh thanks haha!

rofl. I was just taking the piss haha. Like my sister is all like -mateee, your dual is a fucking gangsta prick- so I was like -yeahhh boy. They all are like 50 Cent ;] haha-...
    You know that sniper rifle he or JT are fucking about with on AYO Technology? I'd put a bullet in his brain with it.