Hybrid View

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Love Is Not Sacrifice

Love is not sacrifice. Our society is built on the faulty premise that love is sacrifice. But love isn't sacrifice. We think we get happiness by truly giving up what we enjoy, that it's selfless and will bring us joy. That's not entirely correct. Only when you get your own needs and wants met are you in a position to truly help others.

Respect is not fear. Our society is built on the faulty premise that respect is fear. That's why we promote our leaders in the world as intimidating, stereotypically tough straight men - even if they are clueless and incapable for the job, because we fear them- we think they deserve respect, and will protect us. But respect isn't fear. Patriarchy society insists that if you fear a man you respect them, that our male leaders at the top (Many of whom are old, crusty - with no sex appeal at all) insist that it's good that you fear them. This is just outlandishly stupid though.

Opposites do not truly attract. Our society is built on the faulty premise that opposites attract. But human beings aren't magnets or batteries, we are made up of 70% water. Fluidity is pretty much the exact opposite of magnetic fields (as well as electricity) Does your appliances work when submerged in water? I don't think so.

Politics aren't sexuality. Our society is built on the faulty premise that politics and sexuality somehow effect each other. That if we find out our world leaders do 'whore-ish things' that we like to do, suddenly they are not in a position to look after us anymore, that it somehow effects their intelligence, their job and what they know. We get scared instead of relieved - they are vulnerable to the same lustful impulses as us, oh no! We also create silly political identities based on sexual preferences that ultimately serve no purpose other than to meet like-minded people, and we think- these can be a vehicle to change in the world. Again; retardation as the first one.

Happiness isn't the key to everything. Our society is built on the faulty premise that all you need is happiness. It's important, certainly- but it's not exactly true. Just think about it this way: If you never know depression or pain, how can you be liberated? Only what is true can be transformed, not what is ideal. We pamper ourselves a bit too much and avoid the slightest bit of hardship- how can we liberate and truly help you, or help each other- if we always insist on staying high. It's a faulty kind of high as well. Therefore, the only way to get help and the respect you need - is not to brag about your strengths, but be honest about your weaknesses. Society doesn't account for that. In fact in school you're taught to 'Tell 5 good things about yourself blabla, 10 things you do well.' We fear weakness, failure, so much- then we get surprised when things like 'the economy' fail. Well why do you think that is? There are not enough enneagram 6s, not enough people looking out for what could go wrong- not enough people being cautious. Quick fixes are insanely stupid. If you look at the natural processes of how mmorpgs go (And reality is actually VERY similar to a mmorpg contrary to popular belief) - you get the most returns the more you stick it out, and work on it and delay your need for instant gratification.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And water evaporates at 100 °C
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I must say I haven't noticed most of the things you're complaining about... it seems like you've just collapsed a bunch of maxims together and shown how they conflict. Maxims are horrible, but you're just making more of them...

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Politics = rape

Free market = seduction

=)

But yeah I agree with most of what you wrote.

Also about the politics thing...

That's because the majority of people put parental projections upon the state, so when politicians do naughty sexual things and get caught, people have a knee-jerk reaction as if they had caught their own parents in the act.

You should read up on historical psycho-classes I think you'd find it very interesting.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tuturututu View Post
    Love is love.
    Sacrifice is sacrifice.
    Respect is respect.
    Fear is fear.
    Politics are politics.
    Sexuality is sexuality.
    The dictionary disagrees.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tuturututu View Post
    Director Abbie is Director Abbie. Do you disagree?
    Yes. Director Abbie is actually Abigail Ann, and Ann is actually Kaynb.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NOTHING IS AS IT SEEMS
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Opposites do not truly attract
    Indeed.....
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.