Thread: When you're in Ignoring mode, does the Base element become subdued?

Creepy-male

Default When you're in Ignoring mode, does the Base element become subdued?

I assume the rest of the functions remain much the same, so you don't wind up slipping into a momentary state of being your Extinguishment.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

answer: being in ignoring mode is something that doesn't happen. hence "ignoring."

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whether or not one uses the ignoring mode, is a matter of psychological balance. If you punt very strong emphasis on your leading function, other functions such as the role and ignoring functions are naturally going to suffer and have no place in your life (i.e. the role and ignoring functions do not exist in their own rights, but are implicit consequences of the leading and creative functions).

My own insights towards the Id block (and to the vital block in general) is that they can be engaged for some time, provided you make a purposeful attempt to give your mental block some slack.

To exemplify this: I am currently in an active process of de-stressing myself. In order to do that, I make a conscious effort to:

• not turn the TV or stereo on when I get home
    • try to be away from my PC as much as possible
    • do some more quiet reading
    • take more time to relax
    • not use recreational drugs, and lessen my coffee and sugar consumption
    • telling my gf that I will take the time and space to be on my own whenever I feel I need that
    • go to work by bicycle instead of public transport (takes about the same amount of time)
    • etc...

At first it is difficult, but it gets better and better all the time. In socionic terms, I'm actually giving my mental block functions some slack, which creates time and space for my vital functions to come to the surface.

I mean no offense to Niffweed, but I can understand his POV, since to me he is the kind of person who puts too much emphasis on his ego-block functions. Now of course he being a different type, I actually do not have recommendations for him as to how to balance himself.
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when im in ignoring mode i hear everybody around me talking but i dont pay attention to what theyre saying and dont make eye contact/acknowledge them in any way. crazy thing is so many people find it fascinating and then I have everyone's attention. ive even been so crass as to say "don't pay attention to me"

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smccosker View Post
    when im in ignoring mode i hear everybody around me talking but i dont pay attention to what theyre saying and dont make eye contact/acknowledge them in any way. crazy thing is so many people find it fascinating and then I have everyone's attention. ive even been so crass as to say "don't pay attention to me"
    Are you referring to mode or just a mode where you ignore everybody?

( is your "ignoring function")

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    Are you referring to mode or just a mode where you ignore everybody?

( is your "ignoring function")
    how th efuck am i supposed to know what "function" im using when im ignoring people. guess i misinterpreted the thread. sorry i dont identify what function im using whem im in action in everyday life.