Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: What would make a good description?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default What would make a good description?

    So I've taken a interest in Socionics, but I know absolutly nothing about it. And because I know nothing about it, the task of figuring myself out has become a very difficult task.

    So I'm asking for your help. But before I try to tell you about myself, I need to know what would be considered important and what would just be trivial.

    So, uh, that's my question or query or something along those lines.

  2. #2
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: What would make a good description?

    Quote Originally Posted by ItsBright
    So I've taken a interest in Socionics, but I know absolutly nothing about it. And because I know nothing about it, the task of figuring myself out has become a very difficult task.

    So I'm asking for your help. But before I try to tell you about myself, I need to know what would be considered important and what would just be trivial.

    So, uh, that's my question or query or something along those lines.
    You are INTJ, welcome
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  3. #3
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ........

    he might be, but I look down upon such instantaneous judgements.


    By the by, what do you call your own type, Dioklecian?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  4. #4
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    ........

    he might be, but I look down upon such instantaneous judgements.


    By the by, what do you call your own type, Dioklecian?
    Good question

    I was just being clever with the typing, but I got a INTJ impression, its' a suggestion, just like typing someone from VI. But I think its' right.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  5. #5
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I wouldn't judge him right off the bat; that's not unlike what I said upon introducing myself at ENTP.org a while ago.

    Things that can help judge type:
    Your habits, interests, hobbies; how you relate to other people; what your biggest problems day-to-day life stem from; what kind of learner you are (visual, auditory, etc.); things in that vein would be useful.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  6. #6
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quick adhoc guide to typing:

    You use people to recharge yourself mentally: (E)xtrovert
    You use time alone to recharge yourself mentally: (I)ntrovert

    You like abstract concepts and see them as a natural way of describing reality: (I)ntuitive
    You think abstract concepts are a bit boring and difficult to grasp but a useful tool: (S)ensory

    You would rather give up your feelings than your logic: (T)hinker
    You would rather give up your logic than you feelings: (F)eeler

    If you set a goal there are no excuses for giving it up: (j)udger
    It is ok to give up one goal in order to achieve another: (p)erceiver

    Now you can bash my adhoc guide and have a nice discussion on what socionics really means and how this is too MBTI and completely flawed

  7. #7
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XoX

    You would rather give up your feelings than your logic: (T)hinker
    You would rather give up your logic than you feelings: (F)eeler
    Paradoxically, I think that it's the opposite.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  8. #8
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by XoX

    You would rather give up your feelings than your logic: (T)hinker
    You would rather give up your logic than you feelings: (F)eeler
    Paradoxically, I think that it's the opposite.
    Argh I'm absolutely sure I would rather be a pure robot than a pure feeler. Ok I have this hidden agenda about being a feeler and everything but...damn I can't fight overpowering Ni...maybe Ni knows more about me than I do Now I'm not sure about what I _really_ want anymore but in a test form like the above I would click the upper option not the lower since my "visible" agenda is a thinker. I'm not sure how this applies to other people though

  9. #9
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    ........

    he might be, but I look down upon such instantaneous judgements.


    By the by, what do you call your own type, Dioklecian?
    Good question

    I was just being clever with the typing, but I got a INTJ impression, its' a suggestion, just like typing someone from VI. But I think its' right.

    by the by the way, whad do you call your own type, Dioklecian?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

  11. #11
    Creepy-

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by XoX

    You would rather give up your feelings than your logic: (T)hinker
    You would rather give up your logic than you feelings: (F)eeler
    Paradoxically, I think that it's the opposite.
    I totally agree. I want to be a Logical type, dammit! Ethics is totally over-rated...

    HOWEVER...

    Is there a possiblity that it might be different between rationals and irrationals?

  12. #12
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ishysquishy
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by XoX

    You would rather give up your feelings than your logic: (T)hinker
    You would rather give up your logic than you feelings: (F)eeler
    Paradoxically, I think that it's the opposite.
    I totally agree. I want to be a Logical type, dammit! Ethics is totally over-rated...

    HOWEVER...

    Is there a possiblity that it might be different between rationals and irrationals?
    I asked the local ISFj and although she would very much like to be considered a logical person she would never ever give up her F. For her life without F is pointless and empty.

  13. #13
    Creepy-

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    I asked the local ISFj and although she would very much like to be considered a logical person she would never ever give up her F. For her life without F is pointless and empty.
    Thanks for that

    My thinking was the for irrationals the hidden agenda probably comes into play but a rational isn't going to want to give up their base function. I like my very much, lol.

  14. #14
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  15. #15
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    Dio is INTj to the max. Fo shizzle.
    Why do you say that?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  16. #16
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ishysquishy
    Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    I asked the local ISFj and although she would very much like to be considered a logical person she would never ever give up her F. For her life without F is pointless and empty.
    Thanks for that

    My thinking was the for irrationals the hidden agenda probably comes into play but a rational isn't going to want to give up their base function. I like my very much, lol.
    That is very possible. Maybe I should make a poll about this to get more statistics

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •