Thread: Betas, how does this song make you feel?

Creepy-male

Default Betas, how does this song make you feel?

Two parts: the entire song, but also what Carl Sagan is saying.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

bored/impatient. nothing happens. there's no depth.

what do you think of this?

Last edited by Satan; 02-28-2009 at 12:37 PM.

TIM
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anxious. and i couldn't really understand/pay attention to what he was saying because it was so distorted... and i think i then started feeling a faint undercurrent of anger as i was feeling more anxious.

but when the piano started, the anxiety dissipated, and i wanted to listen to more. i loved the piano, it reminded me of drops of water slipping off of lush green leaves and things that are alive.

when the moaning instrument started up i started feeling a little anxious again, but then it seemed to go well with the piano, and the moaning seemed less like moaning.

actually i was startled when the moaning instrument started, and perceived it as trying desperately to get the attention of the piano and overtake the song, but the piano ignored it so it went away.

...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It wouldn't look out of place in my library.

I found myself trying to revoke his comments at the beginning.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    anxious. and i couldn't really understand/pay attention to what he was saying because it was so distorted... and i think i then started feeling a faint undercurrent of anger as i was feeling more anxious.
    "Every saint and sinner in the history of our series lived there, on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam. The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena.

Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors, so that in a momentary triumph they can become the masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner."

And some other stuff.

TIM
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every saint and sinner in the history of our series lived there, on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam. The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena.

Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors, so that in a momentary triumph they can become the masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner.
    Love it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the album Soundtrack to a Vacant Life. I just re-listened to the song and felt really 'in touch' with it. As if it were a theme to my own self examination.