Thread: Peter Molyneux appreciation thread

Creepy-male

Default Peter Molyneux appreciation thread

Alphas get Boxxy, but we're still cooler.

Peter Molyneuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuux :redface:

EDIT

Any takers on his type?

He's always harping on about Fi. Like, always. He also gets enthrallingly enthusiastic about his projects.

Delta NF?

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Alpha NT 5w4 so/sx
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does that have to do with Fi?

And yes I love Molyneux's games... especially black and white.

His games definately show Ne/Si. Alot of sandbox style stuff and whimsicalness.

Might be delta, but idk.
    OPERATION POOPLAIR

Now conscripting, for more information come here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...48#post1003048

Creepy-bg

I still like to get out my monkey from time to time to slap him around... black and white was such a good game <3

TIM
    Alpha NT 5w4 so/sx
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    I still like to get out my monkey from time to time to slap him around... black and white was such a good game <3
    ahh so classic =P
    OPERATION POOPLAIR

Now conscripting, for more information come here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...48#post1003048

Creepy-male

GOD, ALPHAS. Go back to Boxxy >;

Well, he's always harping on about "You will never forget this game" and "Thanks to the dog, you will feel a strong attachment to this game" (not in that particular interview, and not those exact words (you will weep tears of bittersweet joy when you hear him speak the words he does)), oh, and "We've used a lot of really cheap tricks to get you to love the game."

etc, etc, etc. Sounds like Fi to me: discussing how you will become emotionally dependant on the game and hunt down Peter Molyneux with a hatchet a la Play Misty For Me.

TIM
    Alpha NT 5w4 so/sx
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon View Post
    GOD, ALPHAS. Go back to Boxxy >;

Well, he's always harping on about "You will never forget this game" and "Thanks to the dog, you will feel a strong attachment to this game" (not in that particular interview, and not those exact words (you will weep tears of bittersweet joy when you hear him speak the words he does)), oh, and "We've used a lot of really cheap tricks to get you to love the game."

etc, etc, etc. Sounds like Fi to me: discussing how you will become emotionally dependant on the game and hunt down Peter Molyneux with a hatchet a la Play Misty For Me.

... Gulanzon...

I like you. I appreciate your enthusiasm, and I find reading your posts very comfortable and palatable. Your writing style is full of emotion and you color almost everything you write with Fe. You always hint at how you are feeling whilst writing and how this or that is making you feel.

Now, I do not necessarily disagree with you that Peter might be Fi/Te valuing.

However, I think our agreement is an example of correlation without causation.

I think you do not understand the info elements.

I am a Ti/Fe-er and I feel a strong attachment to these games. I've been immersed as a great and noble deity or a brave and powerful hero for what amounts to weeks of my life.

When I think of his games, waves of memories and a sort of nostalgic emotion washes over me. I found B&W to be a bit of my mental world in concrete form and so I felt very attached to it. It was almost "spiritual" when I played it to tell you the truth.

So I don't think what you've said is primarily Fi and, in fact, I think you may be like me and feeling your Fe stimulated by his visionary charisma and his very cool games.

I think I used I think too much
    OPERATION POOPLAIR

Creepy-male

Well, OK.

Right back at ya.

What's Fi to you?

Fi is a sense for one's attraction or repulsion to or from a thing.

Fe is being involved in an external emotional atmosphere, or being impassioned.

I would agree that Peter Molyneux brings up Fe a lot more, though. My bad :redface:.

---

Random anecdote: the only game that I played for more than a week was WoW, mainly because it tickled my E and S. What I remember most is not pretending to be a hippie Druid (Moonglade was awesome, though), but the various colorful people I met (and still talk to!)

My normal play pattern is to dive in to a game, get a grasp for the rules within the first 3-5 hours, figure out how I'm going to build my character (I stick to RPGs, mostly), do it, get bored/realize I missed something, make a new character. I never immerse myself: it's always to play to a Ne or Fi agenda. "Try new things, meet new people, play with old people."

I'm a sucker for sentimentality. Peter Molyawesome's dog speech is what hooked me. I'll see if I can't hunt it down.

Next topic: who the heck do Deltas get? We need to counter the chickenboxx!

TIM
    Alpha NT 5w4 so/sx
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi is a sense for one's attraction or repulsion to or from a thing.
    Yes, sort of, but obviously Ti's can feel attracted or repulsed also. The difference is in the internal or external.

Internal's base the attraction in an almost intuitive way. based on some personal preferences.... gah, i really can't do it justice, sorry.

Fe is being involved in an external emotional atmosphere, or being impassioned.
    errrrmmm... idk about that. Fe is internal (internal dynamics of objects).

The only way I can describe it quickly is the "Shifting, fluxuating, soul energy of people and things". Its not really about an atmosphere. I mean you can feel the charges coming from people, artwork, games, events, etc.

When you feel that rush of passion inside of you, when you feel that "emotional" charge, you are experiencing Fe.

Emotional can be used to describe aspects of Fe because the word comes from "emote" which is an external action, however the "emotes" are reflecting inner (and often very deep) changes.

I would agree that Peter Molyneux brings up Fe a lot more, though. My bad :redface:.
    Yeah this is why I think he might be Ne ENTp as a preliminary guess.

---

Random anecdote: the only game that I played for more than a week was WoW, mainly because it tickled my E and S. What I remember most is not pretending to be a hippie Druid (Moonglade was awesome, though), but the various colorful people I met (and still talk to!)

My normal play pattern is to dive in to a game, get a grasp for the rules within the first 3-5 hours, figure out how I'm going to build my character (I stick to RPGs, mostly), do it, get bored/realize I missed something, make a new character. I never immerse myself: it's always to play to a Ne or Fi agenda. "Try new things, meet new people, play with old people."

I'm a sucker for sentimentality. Peter Molyawesome's dog speech is what hooked me. I'll see if I can't hunt it down.

Mmm that gives me further confidence that you are an Fe valuer.
    OPERATION POOPLAIR

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    Yes, sort of, but obviously Ti's can feel attracted or repulsed also. The difference is in the internal or external.

Internal's base the attraction in an almost intuitive way. based on some personal preferences.... gah, i really can't do it justice, sorry.

errrrmmm... idk about that. Fe is internal (internal dynamics of objects).

Stop using those silly definitions. Do they mean anything? No. Can they be applied to the real world? Possibly, but I'm obviously not seeing it (and to pre-empt the bile, this is my personal opinion: mine; all me... purely subjective).

The only way I can describe it quickly is the "Shifting, fluxuating, soul energy of people and things". Its not really about an atmosphere. I mean you can feel the charges coming from people, artwork, games, events, etc.

When you feel that rush of passion inside of you, when you feel that "emotional" charge, you are experiencing Fe.

Emotional can be used to describe aspects of Fe because the word comes from "emote" which is an external action, however the "emotes" are reflecting inner (and often very deep) changes.
    Then that's consistent with Fe being my demonstrative function.

Yeah this is why I think he might be Ne ENTp as a preliminary guess.
    Under socionix's model, or classical socionics? You can't go to Spain and speak English then expect everyone to understand you. True for a lot of what you say (and probably for a lot of what I say).

---

Mmm that gives me further confidence that you are an Fe valuer.
    Possibly. Explain. Stop locking your thoughts away inside your head... I WANTS THEM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we also have Jane Seymour.
    i know. too much cool for one quadra to handle.
    how do we do it?
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next topic: who the heck do Deltas get? We need to counter the chickenboxx!
    I would like to officially offer myself to the Deltas.
    -
    It's Binky bitch.
    See not the unsmiling lips and icy eyes,
    And hear not the silence after.
    Look instead as the mime hypnotizes
    And listen to the laughter

TIM
    Alpha NT 5w4 so/sx
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its funny Gulanzon because you are telling me you are Te/Fi... whilst you write in an extremely Fe way.

You are describing Fe reactions to those games.

Its gonna be difficult to describe all the internal elements, which is like the whole point of why they are referred to as "intuitive", unclear, undefined, fleeting, inner, essential, etc.
    OPERATION POOPLAIR

Creepy-male

What if we were to say "You are describing internal reactions to those games".

You really need to stop smokescreening yourself with all these definitions. I appreciate that you're a Five, but the best way imo to build an understanding of things is to listen to personal experiences of them. Then you don't get bogged down with rigid systems of thought. "I can't describe subjective things objectively, so I won't bother" is not a good way to go about things, imo.

But obviously, if you shared my sentiments, we wouldn't keep having communication failures.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-
    It's Binky bitch.
    See not the unsmiling lips and icy eyes,
    And hear not the silence after.
    Look instead as the mime hypnotizes
    And listen to the laughter