Thread: Quadra perspectives

Creepy-male

Default Quadra perspectives

"As you journey down the road of life, it is inevitable to come across a few rocky bumps here and there along with some potholes. Venturing forward down the path, it becomes easy to misplace your feet and trip. Stumbling forward you might end up falling face first on the concrete. With your nose bruised, hands scrapped, and legs bleeding, you will be hurting from the pain. Sitting down you contemplate on whether you can stand up once again to move on forward, or if you're too hurt to get back up. Feeling helpless and in pain, life must be coming to an end! But as you glance straight ahead, you can't help but feel motivated to see what lies ahead. Struggling painfully, you push yourself upwards with your hand. Staggering and limping, you slowly begin to move down the road of life once again. You think to yourself, "Time will heal all; the wounds will one day becomes scars that won't even be visible anymore". With determination, you journey forward down the path without looking back. Let pain be an experience to help strengthen your faith and hopes."
    from Numbers's thread.

I suppose I would phrase my views as...

"If life throws you lemons, grin at life, and dare it to throw you a wrecking ball."

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"When life throws me lemons I try to catch it so it doesn't hit my head"
    "Oh and I like lemons and lemon juice"
    "I am not so sure I can be bothered by lemons"

What was your question exactly?
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Creepy-male

OH GOD, I DID IT AGAIN.

Sorry, theory of mind fail.

I was wondering how other quadras would sum up their life philosophy.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure I have one. Live and let live? I don't "fight", "conquer" or whatever, life for me is simple. Explore the world, get to know people of different kind or in other words broaden your horizons as it gives a clearer perspective on whats important and what is not. Happy moments comes not on special days, not when you actually reach something but rather on a random day you meet someone that made you smile, when you stroll in the nature with your friends, when you go binge drinking with your friend when both of you lost your job, when you find a gift your teenage crush gave you and many other seemingly insignificant events.

Meh, freedom to explore and seek what you want.

With all that said I still don't think I have a life philosophy as I can be certain that after a few days when I would read what I wrote I'd go "that's bullshit".
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Small said.

After a long consideration and a mild depression, I had a conversation with my gf last week, in which I told her that I do not foresee for the near future that we'll start living together. In fact, I think it's conceivable that I will never want to do that for the rest of my life. Each time I have a steady relationship with a woman, resentment builds up in me. Resentment, because the relationship makes me feel trapped, makes me feel possibilities are taken away from me, makes me feel I'm only there to solve the petty insecurities of other people. So I told her a living-apart-together relationship is the best she can expect. It was a painful moment for her, but a liberating one for me (we'll see what comes out of this, it might be that she finds this unacceptable, but in that case, so be it).

That basically sums up what I want out of life.
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^My life philosophy.

"His feeling that this world is not his Fatherland, and that it does not represent his proper condition, so to speak—his feeling that, basically, he 'comes from afar'—will remain a fundamental element which will not give rise to mystical escapism and spiritual weakness, but rather will enable him to minimise, to relativise, to refer to higher concepts of measure and limit, all that can seem important and definitive to others, starting with death itself, and will confer on him calm force and breadth of vision." — Julius Evola

SLI-Te | 5w6 sp/so
    Oldham Solitary

Johari
    Nohari

Creepy-Cyclops

I live a simple life. And the best relation for me, through trial and "error" is being together but living apart. Sometimes I think i'd like to have kids and if I had kids I would want to provide a stable house where both myself and my partner live together which would be tricky. With that in mind I think two people who aren't really demanding or needy can live together and still live their own lives. To do this I will need to keep earning lots of money, to be able to have the means to keep things simple. So I work with the goal of having something set up quite well which will eventually require less of my time (which will suit me even if I don't settle down). So no pressure and atonomy.

And I agree with SSmall, I can read back what I said another day and disagree with it! I suppose freedom could be what it comes down to.

I just follow my visions.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte View Post
    YouTube - Applesauce Bitch

^My life philosophy.
    And you took it from Beta rationals?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    And you took it from Beta rationals?
    I took it from a script by Kevin Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Damon is Te EJ
    I agree. Not so interested in Affleck.

"His feeling that this world is not his Fatherland, and that it does not represent his proper condition, so to speak—his feeling that, basically, he 'comes from afar'—will remain a fundamental element which will not give rise to mystical escapism and spiritual weakness, but rather will enable him to minimise, to relativise, to refer to higher concepts of measure and limit, all that can seem important and definitive to others, starting with death itself, and will confer on him calm force and breadth of vision." — Julius Evola

SLI-Te | 5w6 sp/so
    Oldham Solitary

Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took it from a script by Kevin Smith.
    Haha, clever answer.

I agree. Not so interested in Affleck.
    LOL, I was going by the recently popular typing of Damon as LSI. And I think Affleck could be EIE.
    Last edited by Park; 02-24-2009 at 09:50 PM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Alpha NT 5w4 so/sx
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ACT INSANE HOPE PEOPLE LAUGH.
    OPERATION POOPLAIR

Now conscripting, for more information come here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...48#post1003048

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ssmall View Post
    ... I still don't think I have a life philosophy as I can be certain that after a few days when I would read what I wrote I'd go "that's bullshit".
    Perfect.

Although, probably a good sound-bite-ized life theme of mine could be "don't stagnate." That doesn't rule out a decent amount of laziness!
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

coming from a beta perspective i'd like to say that if life gives you lemons use them to make some kind of alcoholic beverage.
    Lefty
    ENFJ

"I'm Sick of Old Men Dreaming Up Wars for Young Men To Die In," George McGovern.

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Just do whatever everybody else does, say what everybody else says, fit in- and then use your unique perspectives where it's truly appreciated, in some form of writing etc. Don't be an idiot and think you can conform by not conforming. Challenge the system in the only appropriate ways we truly have, using your insight and intellect- not dressing or acting like a clown.

You can only really truly be yourself when you're well, by yourself. Understand that- and you will have a lot easier time in social situations. It's not a fucking disney episode. You will not be accepted in places by telling some weird, subjective/emotional event that happened to you. Write about it instead, and learn enough 'normal' things to function in every day life. There's no excuses. Suck it up.

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know lol.
    Find awesome people to rave with. Help a bunch of people. Express yourself. Get a bit of money. Fuck.
    About it. That's not really an answer, sorry lol. But it sounds good to me :wink:.

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Just do whatever everybody else does, say what everybody else says, fit in- and then use your unique perspectives where it's truly appreciated, in some form of writing etc. Don't be an idiot and think you can conform by not conforming. Challenge the system in the only appropriate ways we truly have, using your insight and intellect- not dressing or acting like a clown.

You can only really truly be yourself when you're well, by yourself. Understand that- and you will have a lot easier time in social situations. It's not a fucking disney episode. You will not be accepted in places by telling some weird, subjective/emotional event that happened to you. Write about it instead, and learn enough 'normal' things to function in every day life. There's no excuses. Suck it up.
    Lol hardcore B&D

Yay fluid mechanics Serious Name's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shit happens. Adjust accordingly.
    Meh.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box