Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Question for the Enneagram Guru or passerbys

  1. #1
    xerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,464
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Question for the Enneagram Guru or passerbys

    Can you direct me to some good sources about unhealthy 3s?

    Thanks.
    You can do anything with a bayonet except sit on it.

  2. #2
    ILE - ENTp 1981slater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Spain
    TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Posts
    4,866
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Patrick Bateman (American Psycho)?
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

    To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

  3. #3
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Interesting, lol. I was recently thinking about your e-type, and thought 3 was quite plausible.

    You can pm me if you want to discuss it more.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  4. #4

    Default

    Here is an example of an unhealthy sp/sx 3w2: "Dexter"

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dexter_(TV_series)


  5. #5
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How is dexter a 3? Are you talking on or off the show? Because on the show he is 5w6.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  6. #6

    Default

    I mean the show character...I have no opinion on the actor.

    I think he has 5w6 in his trifix but 3w2 is his core type. He is more flatlined with respect to his emotions(3) than detaching from them from fear of being overwhelmed(5) judging from the streams of consciousness the show permits its viewers to hear.

    I think his sp/sx makes him "smaller"/more self-contained in contrast to the more robust 3w2s like Sylvester Stallone, "The Rock", John Edwards, Bill Clinton, etc.

  7. #7
    xerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,464
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    Interesting, lol. I was recently thinking about your e-type, and thought 3 was quite plausible.

    You can pm me if you want to discuss it more.
    I've considered it for myself, but I'll leave that speculation to the side for now. I'm trying to see how much correlation there is between unhealthy 3s and psychopath descriptions (Diana brought these to my attention in this thread on the workshop) so I can type a former friend properly. I've typed him as an unhealthy 3 before, but it's possible he was a psychopath. You can PM me the links if you don't want to post them.
    You can do anything with a bayonet except sit on it.

  8. #8
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    I've considered it for myself, but I'll leave that speculation to the side for now. I'm trying to see how much correlation there is between unhealthy 3s and psychopath descriptions (Diana brought these to my attention in this thread on the workshop) so I can type a former friend properly. I've typed him as an unhealthy 3 before, but it's possible he was a psychopath. You can PM me the links if you don't want to post them.
    That's interesting. I've read virtually every article on that site lol, and I think some negative 3 traits can be conflated with psychopathy. However, as is illustrated in those articles, the latter is an irrevocable neurological mechanism which is inborn, while the former may just be a situational occurrence due to emotional repression and extreme exasperation. But, I think if we consider memes and such as legitimate genetic values, then I could easily conceive that 3s would be a bit more predisposed to being "wired" in such a way as to circumvent any rules/codes necessary to achieve their "dreams." On the other hand, a psychopath might be mistaken for a 3 if their behaviors resemble superficial image-seeking stuff which is usually associated with the negative 3 traits, while really remaining strongly indifferent to such things.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  9. #9

    Default

    I haven't read any of those articles but I do think 3w2 has the greatest ability for psychopathic behaviour...best able to delude themselves due to a double-other directiveness from both main type and wing.

    3-7-8 also has more potential for ego inflation because they don't have the healthier checks and balances on their egos other types have.

    I think it's caused by the image center being most out of balance. 3s think of how they come across to others too much...7s and 8s too little.

  10. #10
    07490's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    there
    Posts
    3,047
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    Can you direct me to some good sources about unhealthy 3s?

    Thanks.
    An unhealthy 3 would be um ME. Please feel free to ask any question about myself and my mental health problems.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

    2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

  11. #11
    07490's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    there
    Posts
    3,047
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    You know, the stories he told me about when he was a child paint a picture of someone fairly normal growing up, so I don't know how biological it was. But from the time I met him to the time I broke it off (~6 years) his condition had gotten so progressively worse, that he couldn't even lie consistently anymore - drug abuse might have had something to do with this, idk. The funny thing is, during those 6 years I was the only person who treated him fairly enough and took enough of an interest in what he said to quite literally become his confidante and best friend. He literally told me everything about his interests and his life, which he loved to talk about. He still tried to cheat me from time to time though, and to hurt me emotionally nearly every time we met, whenever it looked like I had the upper hand in something - he saw everything as a competition between us.

    He told me everything about his life, provided very direct insight into the psychopathic mindset. He even told me how to manipulate people in certain situations. He saw himself in the role of a teacher. It was very uncanny and at times shocking to talk to him. If he really was a psychopath, then at least I can say I have something of a unique perspective about them.

    I've typed him as SEE btw, or Se base at the very least. I can't say how much his pathology contributed to the typing without further investigation.



    Why thank you, but you don't seem unhealthy to me. You seem like a very nice individual. But what makes you think you're unhealthy?
    Becuase NIffweed and implied think so and my psychratist concur with them as well and gave me zyprexa for three years.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

    2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

  12. #12
    smccosker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    270
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    Becuase NIffweed and implied think so and my psychratist concur with them as well and gave me zyprexa for three years.
    you need to get out of the house more, stop relying on niffweed and implied...you need more face to face social interaction

  13. #13
    Binky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Burlow, Fryeland
    Posts
    195
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smccosker View Post
    you need to get out of the house more, stop relying on niffweed and implied...you need more face to face social interaction
    OMG STREET SMARTS.
    -
    It's Binky bitch.
    See not the unsmiling lips and icy eyes,
    And hear not the silence after.
    Look instead as the mime hypnotizes
    And listen to the laughter
    .

  14. #14
    smccosker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    270
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Binky View Post
    OMG STREET SMARTS.
    Ok, here's the issue...someone is diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. What to do? Well, numbers is halfway there...he has made social connections and friends via the internet...thats great. But what happens when he needs to get a date? Asking out women has to be done in person. What if the neighborhood bully bothers him? Referring to niffweed certainly won't help u there i can assure you. Botoom line is he needs to just go out about town and chill in the outside world and gain confidence in himself as well as some proper social skills. You cannot live behind a computer in your room all day talking to niffweed...sorry that's a waste of time. Talking online to niffweed is not conducive to number's mental issues. He needs real friends that he sees on a daily basis... thats is "normal social behavior" by anyones guidelines and you cannot even try to criticize me because everyone knows the real way to make friends is in person. Talking on th einternet isn't a bad things but like eveything should be done in moderation. So just because I'm giving avery basic common-sense response doesn't mean you should criticize me or make fun of my usage of common sense e.g (you have trouble talking to people in real life and your afraid of them because your best friend is crazy nerdy jew who wants to start a lawsuit over an internet forum...DUH!)

    Numbers, take what these people r telling u VERY lightly. Listen to ur psychiatrist and please, please don't listen to what these kids on here are telling you.

  15. #15
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smccosker View Post
    Numbers, take what these people r telling u VERY lightly. Listen to ur psychiatrist and please, please don't listen to what these kids on here are telling you.
    ITT: taking Binky seriously.

    Also, psychiatrists != useful. "You appear to be having problems forcing yourself through the round hole of standardized education, would you like some help?"
    "Sure thing! Thank God!"
    "*throws pills*"

    EDIT

    Really makes me wonder how some of these people get their licenses. Medication is rarely the solution, unless you really are seeing technicoloured, fire-breathing giant ants attempting to enslave the human race.

  16. #16
    smccosker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    270
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon View Post
    ITT: taking Binky seriously.

    Also, psychiatrists != useful. "You appear to be having problems forcing yourself through the round hole of standardized education, would you like some help?"
    "Sure thing! Thank God!"
    "*throws pills*"

    EDIT

    Really makes me wonder how some of these people get their licenses. Medication is rarely the solution, unless you really are seeing technicoloured, fire-breathing giant ants attempting to enslave the human race.
    ill agree with u on the medication issue. But every case is different. I have ADHD, and could get a prescription for aderral if i wanted...but im aware of the effects on th ebody..particularly appetite (its practially like methamphetamine.) So i choose not to take any medication. I deal with my problem by sheer will. In number's case we cannot say if he truly "needs" medication because we are not health professionals but i would put money on it that he doesn't "need" and meds.

  17. #17
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    I take medication for ADHD. School is borderline hellish without it. I can live with the side-effects, though the weight-loss/dizziness could become a problem.
    This is good use.

    Bad use is

    Code:
    Unidentified problem
    
    ->
    
    Neutralize with pills.
    EDIT

    Also worth noting that I'm a hypochondriac, and subsequently have an irrational fear of anything that changes my body or mind in any way. This extends to paracetamol and caffeine, too.

    In other words: take my words with a grain of salt.

  18. #18
    smccosker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    270
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    I take medication for ADHD. School is borderline hellish without it. I can live with the side-effects, though the weight-loss/dizziness could become a problem.
    yea i know how hard school is w/o out it. weight loss is caused by simply not eating because your appetite is supressed. they had a special in VH1 about it...this one girl was like 100 pounds but then her mother took her adderral away cause she abused it. then she started smoking meth, then she went into rehab. now she's a fat pig. so yea be careful with that

  19. #19
    07490's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    there
    Posts
    3,047
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smccosker View Post
    Ok, here's the issue...someone is diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. What to do? Well, numbers is halfway there...he has made social connections and friends via the internet...thats great. But what happens when he needs to get a date? Asking out women has to be done in person. What if the neighborhood bully bothers him? Referring to niffweed certainly won't help u there i can assure you. Botoom line is he needs to just go out about town and chill in the outside world and gain confidence in himself as well as some proper social skills. You cannot live behind a computer in your room all day talking to niffweed...sorry that's a waste of time. Talking online to niffweed is not conducive to number's mental issues. He needs real friends that he sees on a daily basis... thats is "normal social behavior" by anyones guidelines and you cannot even try to criticize me because everyone knows the real way to make friends is in person. Talking on th einternet isn't a bad things but like eveything should be done in moderation. So just because I'm giving avery basic common-sense response doesn't mean you should criticize me or make fun of my usage of common sense e.g (you have trouble talking to people in real life and your afraid of them because your best friend is crazy nerdy jew who wants to start a lawsuit over an internet forum...DUH!)

    Numbers, take what these people r telling u VERY lightly. Listen to ur psychiatrist and please, please don't listen to what these kids on here are telling you.
    What i have said about NIffweed and Maria was a joke, I actually don't take them seriously. I used to take zyprexa which I happen to stop a year ago. I do hold a good job where I interact with people very freqenuently and very good at it. If you think that you need to hang out with kids who is arrogant, a drug dealer, a gang members in order to be Socially healthy, then sean I think you might be more unhealthy than me. Just because we study Socionics, which happens to be "educational" and not something about "drugs" does not mean you suck socially... and yes we are talking on the internet, AND?????? that is just like oh, if you use the internet, into eletronics, then You happen to be a nerdy. Just think of it this way, would you say, in today's age that if you have a cell phone then you assume this guy is tech savy and that he is a nerd? you wouldn't becuase everyone has it. But I can see you may have said it back in the early 90's becuase susposely you must be rich to afford a cellphone, and that people from the "hood" won't be able to afford it and he must be a rich and from a nerdy family becuase he is not "gangster" enough. maybe you should think about this sophistication first before you think people are socially handicapped just because they are doing something "nerdy". I think you should stop sterotyping people based on what they do, YOU, will end up living in some delusion of yours if you assume like this and then I actually think you aren't ready to face the real world sean.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

    2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

  20. #20
    smccosker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    270
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    What i have said about NIffweed and Maria was a joke, I actually don't take them seriously. I used to take zyprexa which I happen to stop a year ago. I do hold a good job where I interact with people very freqenuently and very good at it. If you think that you need to hang out with kids who is arrogant, a drug dealer, a gang members in order to be Socially healthy, then sean I think you might be more unhealthy than me. Just because we study Socionics, which happens to be "educational" and not something about "drugs" does not mean you suck socially... and yes we are talking on the internet, AND?????? that is just like oh, if you use the internet, into eletronics, then You happen to be a nerdy. Just think of it this way, would you say, in today's age that if you have a cell phone then you assume this guy is tech savy and that he is a nerd? you wouldn't becuase everyone has it. But I can see you may have said it back in the early 90's becuase susposely you must be rich to afford a cellphone, and that people from the "hood" won't be able to afford it and he must be a rich and from a nerdy family becuase he is not "gangster" enough. maybe you should think about this sophistication first before you think people are socially handicapped just because they are doing something "nerdy". I think you should stop sterotyping people based on what they do, YOU, will end up living in some delusion of yours if you assume like this and then I actually think you aren't ready to face the real world sean.
    when did i say u should hang out with drug dealers??? i know lots of people that hang out outside their homes and don't sell drugs (although these days almost everybody sells or uses drugs.) I have faced the world and been through a lot so don't even go there. Just place more emphasis on real friends than what such and such says on here and socionics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •