Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Obligatory Delta anecdote

  1. #1
    Creepy-male

    Default Obligatory Delta anecdote

    So, one of my IEE friends is turning 18, and he emailed out a plan for his party.

    "Now, it's not a conventional party, because I don't like loud noise and all that."

    Interesting!

    "So we'll just be having a BBQ, around lunch. Pool and tennis court, so bring gear for that if you want."

    And this is unconventional how?

    I think our friend managed to inadvertently summarise everything about Deltas! "We'll be chilling. Do what you want, really."

    *feels slightly less Alpha*

  2. #2
    ***el X Mercenary Nebuchadnezzar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Socionix sleeper cell
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Posts
    1,413
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    k.

    "His feeling that this world is not his Fatherland, and that it does not represent his proper condition, so to speak—his feeling that, basically, he 'comes from afar'—will remain a fundamental element which will not give rise to mystical escapism and spiritual weakness, but rather will enable him to minimise, to relativise, to refer to higher concepts of measure and limit, all that can seem important and definitive to others, starting with death itself, and will confer on him calm force and breadth of vision." — Julius Evola

    SLI-Te | 5w6 sp/so
    Oldham Solitary

    Johari
    Nohari

  3. #3
    Errant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    277
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


  4. #4
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Australia is so Delta. )c: Long, lazy BBQs can be torturous ime. Sitting there with one hand grasping a greasy sausage and the other attempting to keep the sun out of your eyes .. trying to make small talk with the random person who sat down next to you. The sound of magpies fighting in a nearby tree. "Erm .. so what do you do?" Oh someone put me out of my misery! :-p
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  5. #5
    Errant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    277
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's been my experience that alpha types will usually do something wierd to liven up the mood.

  6. #6
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Australia is so Delta. )c: Long, lazy BBQs can be torturous ime. Sitting there with one hand grasping a greasy sausage and the other attempting to keep the sun out of your eyes .. trying to make small talk with the random person who sat down next to you. The sound of magpies fighting in a nearby tree. "Erm .. so what do you do?" Oh someone put me out of my misery! :-p
    Haha, I should so move there!
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  7. #7
    Slippery when wet Simon Ssmall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ✈ ↺
    Posts
    2,231
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yar! I think, in SA it was similar in that regard and I loved it.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

    ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

    johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

  8. #8
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ssmall View Post
    Yar! I think, in SA it was similar in that regard and I loved it.
    South Africa?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  9. #9
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Errant View Post
    It's been my experience that alpha types will usually do something wierd to liven up the mood.
    Yeah - true. The weird things I tend to do are to leave early or to take long bathroom breaks.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  10. #10
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Australia is so Delta. )c: Long, lazy BBQs can be torturous ime. Sitting there with one hand grasping a greasy sausage and the other attempting to keep the sun out of your eyes .. trying to make small talk with the random person who sat down next to you. The sound of magpies fighting in a nearby tree. "Erm .. so what do you do?" Oh someone put me out of my misery! :-p
    If the sun wasn't hurting your eyes, and you weren't being "forced" to make small talk with the person sitting next to you, what could be wrong with this?

  11. #11
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Yeah - true. The weird things I tend to do are to leave early or to take long bathroom breaks.
    OMG, that's like totally weird and freakish... almost eccentric behaviour. PPPPPPPPPP
    Last edited by Park; 02-20-2009 at 01:23 PM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  12. #12
    Slippery when wet Simon Ssmall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ✈ ↺
    Posts
    2,231
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    South Africa?
    Yes. Especially if you go to cricket games....BBQ near the stadium, game for the whole day...
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

    ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

    johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

  13. #13
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Errant View Post
    It's been my experience that alpha types will usually do something wierd to liven up the mood.
    That's what I do when I get bored. I might jump into a swimming pool all dressed up or sneaky grab some ass and run...

    edit: *sigh* I don't feel that young for such things anymore... not quite, but... hmm...
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  14. #14
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    If the sun wasn't hurting your eyes, and you weren't being "forced" to make small talk with the person sitting next to you, what could be wrong with this?
    The greasy sausage and the magpies?
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  15. #15
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    That's what I do when I get bored. I might jump into a swimming pool all dressed up or sneaky grab some ass and run...
    I tend to feel uncomfortable being around such displays.

  16. #16
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ssmall View Post
    Yes. Especially if you go to cricket games....BBQ near the stadium, game for the whole day...
    Sounds awesome, man.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  17. #17
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    The greasy sausage and the magpies?
    Yeah it would be better to have more grease and less sausage, without a double entendre.

  18. #18
    meatburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A Quazar named Northern Territory
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I just sit there and hold my own greasy sausage
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaďs Nin

  19. #19
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    I just sit there and hold my own greasy sausage
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  20. #20
    eunice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Posts
    2,955
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon View Post
    So, one of my IEE friends is turning 18, and he emailed out a plan for his party.

    "Now, it's not a conventional party, because I don't like loud noise and all that."

    Interesting!

    "So we'll just be having a BBQ, around lunch. Pool and tennis court, so bring gear for that if you want."

    And this is unconventional how?

    I think our friend managed to inadvertently summarise everything about Deltas! "We'll be chilling. Do what you want, really."

    *feels slightly less Alpha*
    Sounds like my ideal party where I would not be obligated to socialize all the time by engaging in small talks just to keep the momentum going. =)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •