Thread: Alpha: the potentially CRAZY quadra?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Alpha: the potentially CRAZY quadra?

Alphas are cool. I like them a lot.
    However, there do seem to be more "crazies" in this quadra than in any other (consider some of our beloved forum members).
    Luckily, the sane Alphas also perceive these people to be abnormal.
    But, this begs the question: Alphas, how do you feel about being in such a disjoint quadra with constant reminders of potential for utter lunacy?
    Discuss.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I do think we have a bizarre preponderance of crazy people in our quadra, I think it's more to do with the fact that a lot of people whom are crazy, for whatever reason, identify with many of the qualities of alpha NT types. I think there is a general quality in the descriptions of both ENTps and INTjs that help justify many people's perceptions of their "novel" "misunderstood" ideas that are normally simply considered crazy as a bit more sane. In that way, I think those typings can be used as crutches. For instance, Machintruc is most probably not INTj---his fanatical religiousness and inability to really consider any viewpoint other than his own speaks towards Ne PolR in my opinion. There are many such people whom type themselves as INTj, but are simply crazy and use the typing to justify their own craziness.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm crazy as hell and I'm proud of it. So stfu.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm rather proud of craziness, and I attribute it to . However, when ENTps demonstrate that they're crazier than me, I often wish that they would settle down a bit and focus on .

OK, I realize that I'm not interpreting this the same way that MysticSonic did... Ritella, could you give us an example of what you would consider crazy?

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm. See anything posted by !!!!!!!!!!!!!.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    I am the only one who still has a little respect for !!!!!!!. I am therefore crazy.
    D-SEI 9w1

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamajama View Post
    I am the only one who still has a little respect for !!!!!!!. I am therefore crazy.
    can i ask why? this is completely foreign to me.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh... babbling on about things that don't make sense, contradicting himself repeatedly in search of a way to support his view of himself... He isn't even Alpha, is he? OK, his typing has been lost in the muddle of relativism that is his philosophy. He's changed types more often than Smilingeyes.

It does seem a bit precarious, being prone to "crackpot theories" (as said by the LII description on Wikisocion), but seeing as how I do value my type's valued functions, it doesn't seem to be an option to consider any other type preferable. Whenever I think of how I would like to be some other type, on second thought I realize that I'm imagining keeping my current strengths, and getting that type's strengths on top of that; if I were some other type and not INTj at all, then I would be no better off. We all have superegos and superids.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, there are two of us. You don't get to be crazy without me!

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can i ask why? this is completely foreign to me.
    Well, before all this shit happened and he was just the admin who didn't do his job, I always thought it slightly cool that a lot of people disliked him and he never seemed to show that he even realized people didn't like him.

Now, even though he has proven himself to be untrustworthy and a cold cold son of a gun, I still see him as a human being, not some bastardly guy out to get us. I am sure that if I fed him oranges and stuff, he would get out of this self-destructive mindset.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sure that if I fed him oranges and stuff, he would get out of this self-destructive mindset.
    Oh oh .. noooo ... that mental image is just too disturbing.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Oh oh .. noooo ... that mental image is just too disturbing.
    Well it was a tongue in cheek statement.

btw my avy is an SEI-Fe.
    D-SEI 9w1

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to respond to your post with some potentially "crazy" ideas.

In some cases, I don't care if people who are like me are crazy, or even if I'm crazy, and by this I mean crazy in the way that the term is intended to be used here - as in being "strange." What's wrong with being eccentric? The only thing that that means to me is that the individual does not behave in accordance with societal expectations. Such an individual is abnormal, and abnormality in itself is neither good nor bad; so long as other people are unbiased, it shouldn't stop a typical strange person from getting a job, having a family, or enjoying life. In other words, such characteristics have nothing to do with the person's competence or kindness, and, to me, because those are the only characteristics that have any sort of practical function, they are the only ones that matter.

Being crazy is only a problem in the more technical sense of being mentally ill. In these cases, it isn't the strangeness itself that's the problem, but the fact that the person is being hurt in some way by it, or that they could potentially hurt others. I would go as far as to argue that if someone heard voices, but didn't suffer in any way from them and they wouldn't hurt others, then their craziness is irrelevant.

Jason

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    I'm going to respond to your post with some potentially "crazy" ideas.

In some cases, I don't care if people who are like me are crazy, or even if I'm crazy, and by this I mean crazy in the way that the term is intended to be used here - as in being "strange." What's wrong with being eccentric? The only thing that that means to me is that the individual does not behave in accordance with societal expectations. Such an individual is abnormal, and abnormality in itself is neither good nor bad; so long as other people are unbiased, it shouldn't stop a typical strange person from getting a job, having a family, or enjoying life. In other words, such characteristics have nothing to do with the person's competence or kindness, and, to me, because those are the only characteristics that have any sort of practical function, they are the only ones that matter.

Being crazy is only a problem in the more technical sense of being mentally ill. In these cases, it isn't the strangeness itself that's the problem, but the fact that the person is being hurt in some way by it, or that they could potentially hurt others. I would go as far as to argue that if someone heard voices, but didn't suffer in any way from them and they wouldn't hurt others, then their craziness is irrelevant.

Jason

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have Anorexia, Panic Disorder and occasional depression. Represent.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Pretend like it's the weekend Banana Pancakes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sigh
    ILE-Ti
    6w7 sx/sp (low level of confidence)

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck your sigh in the ass!!
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .