TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Repost of "LSEs: Are you all seriously screwed up?" by Gulanzon

Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon
    I was having a discussion with Errant, and we noticed a pattern that the two LSEs in our lives seem to be intensely screwed up. Now, I'm not one to say that a single swallow in winter means the entire world's coming to an end, but it was enough to make us wonder...
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand
    I was having a discussion with Errant, and we noticed a pattern that the two LSEs in our lives seem to be intensely screwed up. Now, I'm not one to say that a single swallow in winter means the entire world's coming to an end, but it was enough to make us wonder...
    Everyone's screwed up. You just have to figure out how.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tuturututu
    Screwed up? In what way?
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater
    From my point of view, someone who is never nice and always harsh is probably screwed up.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops
    It would be good if you could elaborate on what you mean by screwed up, like someone said on this thread, everyone can be seen in some way as screwed up. Meh, as long as they (however they are) aren't messing with me or my head, somehow, or other people with that too boot (even that's subjective, I guess interaction affects others to at least varying degrees.) It's all about keeping with karma, k-brother
    Last edited by tereg; 02-17-2009 at 12:43 AM.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, both Errant and my LSE are intensely nervy and guarded about social interactions. Typing mine in a roomful of other peeps was met with much aggression ("Well, if you're going to be vague with your questions, I'm going to be vague with my answers." "The whole point of the questions being vague is that they allow for more specific answers without pigeonholing you."), while the IEE was quite content with relating his entire life story (which is why I love IEEs). The LSE is also glued to the heels of said IEE. He practically stalks him, and primarily because the IEE is good at explaining schoolwork (which seems sort of antisocial to me |: ) I'll leave Errant to talk about his LSE is he wants to (:
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, both Errant and my LSE are intensely nervy and guarded about social interactions.
    Being nervy or guarded about social situations doesn't sound screwed up to me, it's just a thing. What way do you think a person (or all people I suppose) should be acting in social interactions? Eh, I think it is better to be nervy and guarded than rude and boorish (if I were to make such a choice of who, or what 'type' of person I would wish to interact with.)
    Typing mine in a roomful of other peeps was met with much aggression ("Well, if you're going to be vague with your questions, I'm going to be vague with my answers."
    Do you mean you are expecting a clear answer from a vague question? Maybe some people don't like being asked questions about themselves, esp in a room full of others. It's called being private.
    "The whole point of the questions being vague is that they allow for more specific answers without pigeonholing you."),
    well, I assume his vagueness wasn't an issue if it gives you more information? It's not the questionees fault if the questions don't make sense to him. Remember it's at least as much the fault of the person asking them in the way they are asking them, than the person who is answering them.
    while the IEE was quite content with relating his entire life story (which is why I love IEEs).
    Well, as an SLI, I don't like to talk about myself directly, which IEE's tend to do more, so I suppose i'll fit into you're socially guarded, not-happy-with-sort-of-questions people as well. I suppose I am screwed up then, maybe like this guy (at least from general gist of what you write?) lol
    The LSE is also glued to the heels of said IEE. He practically stalks him, and primarily because the IEE is good at explaining schoolwork (which seems sort of antisocial to me |: )
    well, pardon said LSE for having a friend who he likes to hang out with more than you. I think perhaps, at least from what you've written, s/he isn't as screwed up as you say, but maybe you are (at least a little, from another perspective??? (which is something you could do is to try to learn socionics to help you understand different viewpoints/"attitudes" to certain things.)
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being nervy or guarded about social situations doesn't sound screwed up to me, it's just a thing. What way do you think a person (or all people I suppose) should be acting in social interactions?
    In the background, laughing it off, or joining in.
    Do you mean you are expecting a clear answer from a vague question?
    No, but I was expecting an answer, not just diversionary tactics.
    Maybe some people don't like being asked questions about themselves, esp in a room full of others. It's called being private.
    Well, he did ask to be typed.
    well, I assume his vagueness wasn't an issue if it gives you more information? It's not the questionees fault if the questions don't make sense to him.
    But it is the questioned's fault if they fail to communicate the lack of clearness. Let me clarify: from his body language (no, Fe isn't completely blind, tyvm), it was clear he didn't like "being put on the spot" (perspective thing--as I said, the IEE didn't see it that way at all).
    Well, as an SLI, I don't like to talk about myself directly, which IEE's tend to do more, so I suppose i'll fit into you're socially guarded, not-happy-with-sort-of-questions people as well.
    Yeah, you would. Because that does mean you're guarded. Don't add to that the inference that "this insensitive ILE thinks guarded = bad". Don't forget that I'm only one story in a set of two. I'm waiting for Errant's Fi insight.
    I suppose I am screwed up then, maybe like this guy (at least from general gist of what you write?) lol
    ITT: demonstrative functions.
    well, pardon said LSE for having a friend who he likes to hang out with more than you.
    He can feel free. He's too boring and tunnel-visioned (from my perspective) to be any fun to chat to. But again, from my perspective, seeking out the IEE for the sole reason of "IEE = explain" seems way too cold.
    I think perhaps, at least from what you've written, s/he isn't as screwed up as you say, but maybe you are (at least a little, from another perspective??? (which is something you could do is to try to learn socionics to help you understand different viewpoints/"attitudes" to certain things.)
    Well duh. Of course the LSE isn't screwed up. Pardon my momentary frivolity. Apparently you haven't picked up on the fact that ILEs are seldom, if ever, serious business. (Though, I do appreciate the irony. SLI love )
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom
    Umm.. I'm wouldn't consider myself screwed up; I'm usually right at home in most social situations as well. I'm very good at "laughing it off", and I joke around all the time. I most certainly am an ESTj, so, unless I'm some anomaly, I would say that LSEs aren't "screwed up" (or even callous for that matter). I've had a good childhood and am, at least reasonably, intelligent. Delta STs seem to be automatically labeled as uncompromising and generally stupid; I believe that, while very stable, we might become mechanics and other stereotypically lower tier jobs, because we are good at Te but really lack the Ni needed to survive in the very uncomfortable world of high finance for an overlong period. Insofar as deals with social situations, I, personally, at least, have little issue. I love to joke around and make things comfortable for the people I'm with, as well as enjoy myself. Occasionally I'll make a bad joke, explain things in a manner that someone is uncomfortable with, or say something tactless, but I find that these issues usually clear up and are taken in stride, as long as you aren't over-adamant, and realize that most things should just be let go after an attempt or two. I find that I get along fairly well with most types; betas are more difficult, usually, but a friendly outlook saves you most of the trouble you'll have in many situations. While type has a large influence on personality, it is not the whole of personality, morality, or intelligence; you can even be close friends with your conflictor, if the two of you are willing to at least coexist peacefully and civilly.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd
    Most of the ones I've met are kinda...odd.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie
    So you have a problem with this LSE being uncomfortable with , being an Algorithmic, and having a J temperament. They seem fine to me.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you have a problem ...
    No
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand
    So you have a problem with this LSE being uncomfortable with , being an Algorithmic, and having a J temperament. They seem fine to me.
    Or .
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being an extratim, LSEs like to be in control of how much they reveal about themselves. You probing them for questions about things won't be met favorably, especially if you don't seem like someone they trust, or like. Or if you are making them feel awkward in a social situation where they don't trust other things.

If an LSE is hanging on one person in a social situation, it may be an indicator that their Fi bonds with other people in that area are low, or minimal. Or their confidence in that area/arena is small.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't met ESTj's who would be akward in social situations, not that I saw someone asking them about something private though.
    In the background, laughing it off, or joining in.
    Some of my best friends are very awkward in social situations, they themselves think they are screwed up but in no way I see it as that, it's a matter of perspective. Not to mention most people I met who are like that really are very caring and fun once you get to know them more. Social awkwardness wouldn't be on my list if id want to label someone "screwed up".
    He can feel free. He's too boring and tunnel-visioned (from my perspective) to be any fun to chat to. But again, from my perspective, seeking out the IEE for the sole reason of "IEE = explain" seems way too cold.
    Although im sure you are a very perceptive person Id say not to jump to conclusions regarding his reasons for liking the IEE, maybe its not just "IEE = explain" but also some other traits he likes.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But sometimes they are, if not screwed up, at least whind up. ( role.) Then how can I calm them down? If we were close I would know what to do (not that it would happen if we were), but the… ehm… enthusiasm prevents that. The intensity is scary. And it seems it easily flips over to grumpiness, aka screwed up-ness. :/ Such a shame.
    INFj