Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SLIs-ISTps and sense of humor

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SLIs-ISTps and sense of humor

I've noticed that many SLI guys here are really really funny and cute and they have this great sense of humor which I love. And I am wondering if that's because I am IEE or are SLIs famous of being witty?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if I'm funny. Sometimes the deadpan humor sort of get's me a few laughs. I've got that down pretty good.

Creepy-male

SLIs are incredibly witty.

Unless you're a Beta or a Gamma.

But by then, you don't have a sense of humor anyway.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by forgetmenot View Post
    I've noticed that many SLI guys here are really really funny and cute and they have this great sense of humor which I love. And I am wondering if that's because I am IEE or are SLIs famous of being witty?
    My Sli mate said to me today "do you want some chips?". "yep!". He passed them to me and i look at him and hes just smiling. I knew there were none left
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    My Sli mate said to me today "do you want some chips?". "yep!". He passed them to me and i look at him and hes just smiling. I knew there were none left
    Surely there must have been some crubs left that you could have used in retaliation
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    That's SLI humour? :/ Dear lord.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI humour is witty, ironic and teasing but not offensive at the same time and I like that.
    I like also INTjish sense of humour but with them some people might get offended and ISFpish but it's too soft sometimes Or at least it's how I perceive it
    Give me some witty ISTp !

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive noticed that SLI jokes (slightly like some ILI jokes) are often jokes you have to think through before it becomes funny....and the thinking through part seems boring (mainly because i have a short attention span) but if you just keep paying attention its usually really clever and amusing

mixed in with word-play jokes...

and some others of course.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My father, a stereotypical SLI who at age 70 still hasn't learned how to make contact with other people, typically starts of with a joke each time I meet him. Of course, he himself has the biggest laugh!

In fact, each time I take a new gf to some place where he's going to be as well, I always tell her: "now notice that the first thing my father will do, is to start telling a joke!" He only failed me once, but fortunately he made up for it on the second occasion
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. My father is ILI and I like his sense of humour although he can get too malicious sometimes. My mother doesn't really get it (she's ESFj) but my sister being LII and malicious, does.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    My father, a stereotypical SLI who at age 70 still hasn't learned how to make contact with other people, typically starts of with a joke each time I meet him. Of course, he himself has the biggest laugh!

In fact, each time I take a new gf to some place where he's going to be as well, I always tell her: "now notice that the first thing my father will do, is to start telling a joke!" He only failed me once, but fortunately he made up for it on the second occasion
    So sweet . My ENTj uncle does the same thing. Are you IEE consentingadult? How are SLIs as fathers?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI humour is witty, ironic and teasing but not offensive at the same time and I like that.
    Unfortunately, that's not how everyone sees it... some people (like my mother for instance) even find 'ironic and teasing' to be rude and offensive by itself. And they'll make you feel bad about it as if your sole purpose was to offend... talk about miscommunication...
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion View Post
    ive noticed that SLI jokes (slightly like some ILI jokes) are often jokes you have to think through before it becomes funny....and the thinking through part seems boring (mainly because i have a short attention span) but if you just keep paying attention its usually really clever and amusing

mixed in with word-play jokes...

and some others of course.
    Well put. And it's really interesting to hear it from your perspective.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winterpark It's actually some of your posts that inspired me to start this thread Thanks for a good laugh
    I like irony, this kind of humour makes you think

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, lol, well thanks for the compliment, I guess.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How are SLIs as fathers?
    I wouldn't know, since my parents got divorced when I was a year and a half old, so I never grew up with my father.

From a socionic perspective one could say my father and I understand each other perfectly well, but that has no meaning if one or both people in the relationship exhibit personality pathology. My father is always busy trying to convince me of his believes, which I interpret as a he not having grown beyond the age of 3: he somehow never grew out of the narcissistic stage and spent his whole life seeking the kind of confirmation a typical three year old needs. He never learned to identify which people are good for him and has been focussing on interacting with people that are bad for him for most of his life.

He want me to be his carbon copy. Result: in 20 years I haven't actively pursued a relationship with him. I occasionally meet him at birthday parties and such, and even then I tend to limit my interactions with him. I can only feel sorry for him and his unfulfilled life.

ETA: I have a half brother and sister, and they think he always was a very loving and caring father: he did most of the chores and upbringing. He made sure they had breakfast in the morning and lunch for school and such.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ISTp humor and jokes

My husband me a link to this. He thinks it's hilarious.

There, I Fixed It: Epic Kludges + Jury Rigs
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL

Thumbs up.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehe, yeah. That site's awesome.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That site is hilarious, bookmarking it!
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love the broken telephone pole. There was one of those on my bike route to school a few years ago. It was broken 2 feet from the base, the two halves weren't touching at all, and the entire pole was being supported by the electric lines! Apparently some place besides Atlanta has this problem...
    IEE

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of those are funny but nothing special. Reminds me of the fail blog... which I find to be a better source for humor in general.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    Love the broken telephone pole. There was one of those on my bike route to school a few years ago. It was broken 2 feet from the base, the two halves weren't touching at all, and the entire pole was being supported by the electric lines! Apparently some place besides Atlanta has this problem...
    I really liked the hurricane of puns in the comment for that.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahhh, hilarious. I like how they fixed a car's axle with lots of nylon cable ties... and the supermarket car grill.

Great.

[] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post

ahaha now this is just pure genius right here. I could totally see myself doing this.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see my husband doing that too. Our grill rusted away to nothingness, and he's too cheap to buy a new one. I'm afraid our neighbors are going to think we're rednecks with some of the ideas he has for replacing it.

I had a dream a couple of nights ago about shopping carts. I kept accidentally stealing them. I brought the first one home, and he was thrilled and said he'll get a lot of use of it. Then the second one he was glad to see, too. But by the fourth or so, he started complaining about having to find space for them.

So I told him about the dream, well just the first part, I said, "I dreamt that I stole shopping carts" and he said, "Oh, cool! I'd like one or two of those!"

/irrelevant tangent
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    ahaha now this is just pure genius right here. I could totally see myself doing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    I could see my husband doing that too. Our grill rusted away to nothingness, and he's too cheap to buy a new one.
    That's interesting, because... I don't think I'd ever do that. Well, unless I was really poor or extremely tight on cash.

I could definitely see myself doing something like that for amusement though, and to see whether a crazy idea would work, but that's not the way I'd go about saving money. If I could afford buying a nice new grill I'd buy one, no second thoughts. I will also make sure to choose the best one available (within a price range of course).
    Last edited by Park; 10-06-2009 at 02:39 PM.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My husband wanted to make a grill out of a car wheel rim thing and a grate of some sort. I said it would look tacky. So now he's looking for the cheapest real grill he can find.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    I could see my husband doing that too. Our grill rusted away to nothingness, and he's too cheap to buy a new one. I'm afraid our neighbors are going to think we're rednecks with some of the ideas he has for replacing it.

I had a dream a couple of nights ago about shopping carts. I kept accidentally stealing them. I brought the first one home, and he was thrilled and said he'll get a lot of use of it. Then the second one he was glad to see, too. But by the fourth or so, he started complaining about having to find space for them.

So I told him about the dream, well just the first part, I said, "I dreamt that I stole shopping carts" and he said, "Oh, cool! I'd like one or two of those!"

/irrelevant tangent
    LOL!! That's hilarious
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    LOL!! That's hilarious
    A shopping cart could be converted to a grill!
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
    Opps. I hadn't read the thread history, looks like some SLI thought of it first.
    ISTp
    SLI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My husband wanted to make a grill out of a car wheel rim thing and a grate of some sort. I said it would look tacky. So now he's looking for the cheapest real grill he can find.
    haha That's hilarious. I don't think I could deal with those extremes IRL, though. I'd rather just buy one, but not necessarily the cheapest. Cheap stuff can fall apart very quickly. Used, if I want to save some money. My grandfather was a lot like that, but he was also a farmer and grew up in the Great Depression.
    IEE

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How come your morals (about stealing hotel toiletries) do not apply here???

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    How come your morals (about stealing hotel toiletries) do not apply here???
    Ya return the cart when you're done. Duh!
    ISTp
    SLI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Opps. I hadn't read the thread history, looks like some SLI thought of it first.
    SLIs, always thinking alike. Lol!
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    SLIs, always thinking alike. Lol!
    IEEs too. It seems like every bit of Ne I make, someone's beaten me to it DX

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Some examples of SLI humor

My father is SLI, and these are some of my personal experiences with his odd brand of humor.

When I was little, he was getting me a bowl of cereal, and instead of bringing it to me in a regular bowl, he filled an entire salad bowl with milk and placed a single cheerio in it and brought it out to me in a nonchalant manner.

When I was about five or six, I had a pet lizard. He carefully made a tiny leash and collar out of string, placed the collar around the lizard's neck, and pretended to walk it out in front of the house.

He recently walked over to me proffering an open box of crayons, and said, "Crayon?"

One time he was cutting down a dead tree in the yard, and without saying anything he came into my room with a dead segment of the tree, placed it on the floor, and walked out.

When my brother and I were little and being bad, our punishment one time was to take our clothes off and run around naked in the basement.

He would often draw cartoon faces on fruits and vegetables and leave them in the fridge for us to find in the morning.
    Last edited by discojoe; 08-28-2010 at 04:19 PM.

Creepy-male

lmao, your dad sounds awesome.

My uncle got coerced into going supply shopping with my grandmother and I by his ESE wife. When he bought me soap, he went and got me two Dove beauty bars, saying "Spoil yourself."

Epic.

TIM
    Fi-IEE Sx/so 739
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast