Thread: HA wonkiness and other stuff

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default HA wonkiness and other stuff

Was thinking that when I'm trying to help someone, oftentimes I feel that I should use Ti to help them rather than Fe or Si - that using those functions would be a bit frivolous or something. Maybe because Ti is what works for me? :-p Anyway, it's makes me feel like a failure most of the time, and that I'm pretty bad at cheering people up. I'm not sure why I wouldn't automatically use my strong functions. But I'm more aware of what I do now, and it's all a lot easier. (c: Does anyone else find themselves using their HA in this fashion? This LII girl I know seems to turn to Si/Fe to cheer people up too. I was thinking that maybe people who spend most of their time with people who don't value their functions might do this more. Like they're trying to become their duals or something. :-/ Or maybe we're just all a bit screwed up except when we're with our duals. )c:
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm guilty of this, I think. I use Fe to cheer people up, to try and get them out of one state and into another. I'm horrible at it and in ~20 years have had a success rate of 0.000% , yet rarely do I feel as if my strong functions are meant to be used this way.

IN SPITE OF THAT!!! the few times I've relaxed and used Ne & Ti (or Te & Ni for other quadras) to cheer people up it has worked marvelously.
    You can do anything with a bayonet except sit on it.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I seldom approach someone thinking "he needs to be cheered up." I do remember doing it once, and I didn't accomplish much, but I also didn't try very hard - I just put my hand on a guy's shoulder while he was crying. Actually, that was probably a use of rather than , because I felt satisfied that I had done my duty.

However, sometimes I'll go up to a sad person thinking "he needs to be talked to" and proceed to satisfy my curiosity as to why he's sad. That cheers people up reasonably often, although sometimes they just chase me away.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari