Hybrid View

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which type is the most content with themselves

Not in an emotional way, as in "Oooh, I'm soooo happy", no.
    But like, in general. As in, day to day, levelheaded neautrality that leads to a state of contentess. You could throw in "enlightened", to be hyperbolic. But just that.... state of being where you are at peace with things, which is somewhat mentioned in zen/buddhism things like that.

Not just content with themselves, but everything else aroud them, too.
    That sort of complete contentness.
    But I am not defining it as something spiritual, either.
    In a secular way, if you will.
    (spirituality can be involved, but it is not neccesary)

(hopefully the general idea is coming through)

This is an addendum to the thread I made about confidence.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL not ENTp. We're always trying to decide if the way we are is the way we should continue to be. We change a lot.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    LOL not ENTp. We're always trying to decide if the way we are is the way we should continue to be. We change a lot.

your souls remain the same. ::bows head::

I change my behavoir constantly...but I may have a mood disorder so lolololol

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote="aurora_faerie"]
    I am so sick of you continuing to assert you are an ENTp, Joy. Read the writing on the wall, you're ExTP.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think if a person is content, it's dictated by the circumstances of their life. There are different ways people handle the hardships of life, and they may have something to do with 'the paragraphs(LOLOLOL),' but contentness is set more by external factors(love, money, family, friends, skillz, etc).

Socionics is really starting to create a limited, unrealistic worldview for some of you.
    asd

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, they're just newbies.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Creepy-Diana

I hate myself. I have no soul.

ENTps. If they are not they pretend to be.

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DISAGREE.

DON'T LISTEN TO PROSE. TAKE IT FROM A PRO.

but seriously, any type can do that.
    asd

Creepy-aurora_faerie

[quote="Herzblut"]
    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    Quote Originally Posted by aurora_faerie
    I am so sick of you continuing to assert you are an ENTp, Joy. Read the writing on the wall, you're ExTP.
    She's not ESTp.

wtf you guys are quoteing wrong!!!

ooh shit nvmd its all screwed up

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote="Herzblut"]
    She's not ESTp.
    I didn't say that. I said she either experiences neither of the pair, or experiences crossed inputs between the two. (really the same thing)

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'm an ENFp and I'm not really happy with myself. I feel that there is so many things I must do to make myself a better person and improve as a person in every aspect of myself and my life.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My esfj daughter has been supremely comfortable in her own skin since birth. She's so wonderful to be around!

Entp's like me - hey we're always second guessing ourselves, I think. But I'm more comfortable now than I was in my 20's by a long shot!

Istj's are pretty comfortable, too. So are entj's.
    Entp
    ILE

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFj.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is it just me, or are topics like this starting to sound like one of the quiz topics in women's magazines?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kirana
    is it just me, or are topics like this starting to sound like one of the quiz topics in women's magazines?
    wow. wow. thank you.
    asd

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote="tcaudilllg"]
    Quote Originally Posted by Herzblut
    She's not ESTp.
    I didn't say that. I said she either experiences neither of the pair, or experiences crossed inputs between the two. (really the same thing)
    Okay, I have no idea what you're trying to communicate... but I can tell you that if I was not an ENTp, I would be an xNxx... but I'm most likely an ENTp and am not doubting my type. If you would like to suggest that I am another type, do so in one of the threads about my type. This topic is not about what type Joy is.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Creepy-pokeball

*nod*

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess you'd know more about that than I would
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Used to be that I was pretty comfy with myself. Then, I entered school, and by now, I'm all confused. Used to think that I was smart etc. Now, I've realized that I'm really quite average. I'm also a bad hypocrite, overly demanding, flaky, wasteful, and unable to get along with people.
    In addition, I'm quite sure I've got some kind of mental or personality disorder. I'm not going to a psychologist, though.
    All in all, I'm not a very good person. Have to wonder, though, if it was those people at school that made it so.

And there I go again, whining .
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

(Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All in all, I'm not a very good person. Have to wonder, though, if it was those people at school that made it so.
    exactly, "hell is the others". The people, the world itself in the way it is created is resposible for our insecurities, in that it bears a confrontational potential. I feel you Darklord. Me too, as a kid, before I went to HS (where all the problems start, we all know it, I guess) I used to think high of myself as well and very confident, then when I became concious of me as an individual (self-perception that is) and sized myself with people in school, especially in high-school days and thoughts of self doubt started creeping in my head and see that - damn i wasn't so "bright" at all or any different in a positive way... My ultra-rich inner world was the only special thing about me, my subjective view. It was then - in the 1st year at HS - that basically, the objective world clashed with my subjectiveness and it turned my world upside down. And what happened from now on is that I have to reconstruct my world view in my mind from the very first brick taking in consideration the "real" objective world and avoid such divergences and mental confusions in the future.

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well thank you I am a baby myself, I like to be spoiled

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord
    You are kinda cool so cheer up

And hmm...I'm happy and would not want to be any other type or person so maybe I'm content then? But the most content? hmm...the most content person is the one with his/her hidden agenda best fulfilled? The most content type might then be the one with the "easiest" hidden agenda I wonder what type that would be...

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord
    Used to be that I was pretty comfy with myself. Then, I entered school, and by now, I'm all confused. Used to think that I was smart etc. Now, I've realized that I'm really quite average. I'm also a bad hypocrite, overly demanding, flaky, wasteful, and unable to get along with people.
    In addition, I'm quite sure I've got some kind of mental or personality disorder. I'm not going to a psychologist, though.

Save your money. I like you just the way you are

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The INFJ I know seems extremely uncomfortable with himself. He's always questioning himself and examining his faults.

I'm far more comfortable with myself than I was pre-30s. It was when I realized I wasn't different in a bad way I started accepting myself. Its like all of a sudden the world started to make sense. I have my ups and downs though but overall I think I'm fairly confident. I still do the whole second guess myself thing. I don't like making mistakes or being responsible for an error.
    Polly
    ENTP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems to me that it may well be a constant INFj trait:
    When one part of your mind says: You did well, that was good, you're good at this, you're a natural, another part says: You could've done better, this was lazy, you were only lucky, you're not so good after all, and there are tons of people better than you.
    Of course, that could only be me.
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

(Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ to some extent maybe but the INFJs take it to another level.

Like I can be unhappy with something in myself but it doesn't mean I'm inadequate. The INFJs I know beat themselves up about it.
    Polly
    ENTP

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm confident in PARTICULAR areas only, whereas in others my lack of self-confidence is overly-abundant and my masks designed to hide it quite transparent.

With that said, the most confident type, by far, is the ISTp.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gugu_ baba
    well thank you I am a baby myself, I like to be spoiled
    Do you like to be spanked too? Hmmm . . .
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Polly_G
    ^^ to some extent maybe but the INFJs take it to another level.

Like I can be unhappy with something in myself but it doesn't mean I'm inadequate. The INFJs I know beat themselves up about it.
    I sometimes have a hard time understanding why/accepting that other people don't. And I realise that beating yourself up about it isn't the most constructive strategy, but at the same time, if you don't feel bad about something or see how it's harmful/etc, you'll see no reason to do better.

I don't think being content with yourself has much or anything to do with type though.
    Possibly ethical-intuitive introvert.