Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 51

Thread: Why do most assume I am SLE-Ti?

  1. #1
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Why do most assume I am SLE-Ti?

    I could be either. Who knows. Who cares.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  2. #2
    <something> Wynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a Hill
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    3,910
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Who cares.
    QFT
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

    Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

  3. #3
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  4. #4
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    maybe your agressiveness.

    If I may stereotype ESTP's (or ESTp's as you would like to see it),

    Se subtype: the standup comedian: joking, likes performing, likes attention
    Ti subtype: the boxer: more agressive and loud, ready and not afraid, less attention seeking

    Just my point of view.

  5. #5
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    maybe your agressiveness.

    If I may stereotype ESTP's (or ESTp's as you would like to see it),

    Se subtype: the standup comedian: joking, likes performing, likes attention
    Ti subtype: the boxer: more agressive and loud, ready and not afraid, less attention seeking

    Just my point of view.
    By that definition... I'm not SLE.

    I avoid the stereotypical "fearless", "ready to kick the shit out of you!" stereotype of the SLE, but manage to fall right into the loud, aggressive, confident, self-centred, playful, attention-seeking categories.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  6. #6
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I wouldn't call you aggressive. You seem harmless. You are, though quite playful and 'rambunctious' is a better word. However you are not intimidating in the least. Your frat boy, gonzo porn-esque howard stern-y style of humor isn't really biting so much as it is juvenile. But I kinda like the same stuff so yeah. I don't mind.

    As for confident? Yes, I agree that you're self-confident. And loud? Maybe... you're definitely extroverted though.

  7. #7
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    I wouldn't call you aggressive. You seem harmless.
    Yeah, you are right. I'm not aggressive. It's just that some pussy Alphas and Deltas don't like the fact that I might "come on too strong". I am quite intense in real life conversation; maybe that's what they see as aggressive. Also, I am quite confrontational and challenging, and some people who aren't used to my tone can perceive this as being aggressive.

    You are, though quite playful and 'rambunctious' is a better word. However you are not intimidating in the least. Your frat boy, gonzo porn-esque howard stern-y style of humor isn't really biting so much as it is juvenile. But I kinda like the same stuff so yeah. I don't mind.
    lol

    I remember reading about Howard Stern a while ago. Can't remember why. You're probably right. It is all those things. I truly do belong in America.



    I'm certainly not British.

    As for confident? Yes, I agree that you're self-confident. And loud? Maybe... you're definitely extroverted though.
    Again, it's an Alpha/Delta issue with my levels of "loudness". I used to get sick of people telling me to be quiet when there was no need for it. Okay, discussing sensitive topics like why a lot of black people are into knife crime while walking through a predominantly black neighbourhood may be reason to keep the noise levels low, but when it's just ordinary conversation - no.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  8. #8
    Khamelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    U.S.
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Posts
    3,828
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    I wouldn't call you aggressive. You seem harmless. You are, though quite playful and 'rambunctious' is a better word. However you are not intimidating in the least. Your frat boy, gonzo porn-esque howard stern-y style of humor isn't really biting so much as it is juvenile. But I kinda like the same stuff so yeah. I don't mind.

    As for confident? Yes, I agree that you're self-confident. And loud? Maybe... you're definitely extroverted though.
    This pissed me off for some reason.....I guess I pictured it being said to me.....


    I'm just saying, its kind of annoying.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so



    [21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying
    .

  9. #9
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm sorry I pissed you off.

  10. #10
    heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,722
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i don't know. i think you are sle-se, but i think you hide your mob boss demeanor well. We all secretly fear your retribution when it comes to analysis of historical figures- that, like your secret demeanor, is something we hide.
    asd

  11. #11
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ezra is just play acting to me when he thinks he's all macho thuggery. It just comes across as campy rather than actually masculine. He calmed down a lot since he's been here though, much like me, so I like him for that.

  12. #12
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Ezra is just play acting to me when he thinks he's all macho thuggery. It just comes across as campy rather than actually masculine. He calmed down a lot since he's been here though, much like me, so I like him for that.
    Personally I think you're reactionary. Everyone calms down, you calm down.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  13. #13
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Who cares.
    Precisely.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  14. #14
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Se subtype would make more sense to me as well. You're much closer to gamma and I would even consider Se-SEE as your type, be it just because of your physical resemblance to Scarlett Johanson.

    Seriously though, you're too far from ILE-Ti.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  15. #15
    Khamelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    U.S.
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Posts
    3,828
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Kelly, that makes no sense to me. What are you talking about?


    Um, I was just saying thaaaat, if B&D had addressed ME that way, I'd be annoyed....


    ....I guess the only reason I'm mentioning is to point out how annoying it is? Guess no one else cares/relates.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so



    [21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying
    .

  16. #16
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salawa View Post
    Subtypes are much overrated.
    maybe, however they aren't to be ignored.

  17. #17
    Khamelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    U.S.
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Posts
    3,828
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hostage_Child View Post
    I've seen a lot of SLEs. One kid actually took a test, and yeah, it was MBTI and he got ESTP but I think it was accurate for him. You, from your posts, remind me of him. Def. not the stereotypical SLE but I do remember him telling how women generally are inferior physically in doing heavy manual labor, and to me that makes sense, so when all the girls were going in a hissy fit at him (this was a discussion why boys have been more valued in China than girls.) and I just turned to him and started chuckling and he laughed back because he made an alright point and it was totally ironic and it was said just to rile the girls up and I'm like the only one not offended whatsoever. Yeah, that guy was interesting.

    Now what was the point of that anecdote? Oh...yeah,.

    Nice sig, btw, kham.



    thanks ;p
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so



    [21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying
    .

  18. #18
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Se subtype would make more sense to me as well. You're much closer to gamma and I would even consider Se-SEE as your type, be it just because of your physical resemblance to Scarlett Johanson.

    Seriously though, you're too far from ILE-Ti.
    Watch your bum, Ez!

    Though I can see the point being made here.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  19. #19
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post
    Ezra isn't the prototype and then on the Beta forum recently i noticed a "contradiction" in how he may also draw attention to his Fi standing with the forum (which the Ti subtype would be insecure about.)
    Maybe it's because I'm just so fucking confident in my capacities I override all of that. I shit on Fi PoLR insecurities.

    i hadn't entirely conceived what a Se-SLE would be like until more recently (a lot of my past Se-SLE typings probably better fit the prototype, e.g. Mike Tyson.) but as for Se-SLE themselves, i think Ezra probably is one. note his past self-typings tend away from Alpha, or how he receives Ne arguments like Ti-ILE user Steve's.
    Oh I see how you're working. Basically, if I was Ti subtype, that would make me closer to Alpha, and if I was Se subtype, that would make me closer to Gamma (based on each quadra's values).

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Se subtype would make more sense to me as well. You're much closer to gamma and I would even consider Se-SEE as your type, be it just because of your physical resemblance to Scarlett Johanson.

    Seriously though, you're too far from ILE-Ti.
    Yeah, I've always definitely been Se/Ni. To consider otherwise is just fucking... stupid.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hostage_Child View Post
    I've seen a lot of SLEs. One kid actually took a test, and yeah, it was MBTI and he got ESTP but I think it was accurate for him. You, from your posts, remind me of him. Def. not the stereotypical SLE but I do remember him telling how women generally are inferior physically in doing heavy manual labor, and to me that makes sense, so when all the girls were going in a hissy fit at him (this was a discussion why boys have been more valued in China than girls.) and I just turned to him and started chuckling and he laughed back because he made an alright point and it was totally ironic and it was said just to rile the girls up and I'm like the only one not offended whatsoever. Yeah, that guy was interesting.
    Sounds like my kinda guy.

  20. #20
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post
    a prototypical Ti-creative's capacities side-step or substitute for Fi, more so than call attention to it.
    I don't understand that sentence.

    well not everyone is as aware of Gamma values. when i observe Gamma values, more superficial charachteristics of theirs stand out and they can resemble Alphas (at a distance).
    I suppose it's easy initially to get mixed up between opposing quadra types of the same club. Like I saw my brother as SF club for definite, but I didn't know if he was an SEE or ESE until I observed him more closely. Hence, "quasi identity"!

  21. #21
    what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Space
    TIM
    Seer
    Posts
    12,811
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    To be honest Ezra, I always assumed you were a Se subtype. Closer to SEE than ILE.
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

  22. #22
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salawa View Post
    I think they can safely be ignored.
    In that case, you are wrong.

  23. #23
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    To be honest Ezra, I always assumed you were a Se subtype. Closer to SEE than ILE.
    If subtype does actually mean that you are closer to the type that shares the subtype function, then I agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    In that case, you are wrong.
    lol

    Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post
    calling attention to Fi -- asserting particular sentiments beneath what's shown
    And what sentiments in particular are you suggesting I'm showing?

  24. #24
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  25. #25
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I still don't understand what you're trying to say. Speak plainly, man, and with ease! Or I shan't trust thy lies with all of that which is in my power.

  26. #26
    ladyinred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    115
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post

    If I may stereotype ESTP's (or ESTp's as you would like to see it),

    Se subtype: the standup comedian: joking, likes performing, likes attention
    Ti subtype: the boxer: more agressive and loud, ready and not afraid, less attention seeking

    Just my point of view.
    is this accurate??

    Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post
    side-stepping Fi -- you might insulate yourself from it with analytical arguments or practical forces. you might also provoke a show of positive reaction towards yourself from a crowd.

    calling attention to Fi -- asserting particular sentiments beneath what's shown
    so Ti subtype tries to get more Fe response, not paying any attention to Fi matters, may make more Fi blunders than Se subtype and not care, or does he worry over this as a weakness of his? or maybe is not type but is related to individuals

  27. #27
    ladyinred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    115
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ananke View Post
    Not really. That is more enneagram related. Don't pay attention to stupid stereotypes. People behave differently because of individual differences more than because of type.
    okay, thanks.. i need to look more into the enneagram then. what types are SLEs usually, are SLE-Tis one type typically a type and SLE-Ses typically a type??


    Theoretically SLE-Tis will have all their introverted functions strengthened (or at least more in focus) than SLE-Ses.

    Also, I think how you deal with your PoLR is individual. Some SLEs will ignore Fi matters, some will over-focus on them.
    ooh, i had not heard that before, that makes sense to me. i will have to think about this and look for it in the SLEs i know

  28. #28
    Bananas are good. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Rift
    TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,632
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    maybe your agressiveness.

    If I may stereotype ESTP's (or ESTp's as you would like to see it),

    Se subtype: the standup comedian: joking, likes performing, likes attention
    Ti subtype: the boxer: more agressive and loud, ready and not afraid, less attention seeking

    Just my point of view.
    Way I saw it (mainly based on how the two subtypes are described), SLE-Se can be more outwardly aggressive (as well as more flamboyant and playful), whereas SLE-Ti is more subdued, more likely to keep an eye on their surroundings for ways to take control and assert their influence.

    Quote Originally Posted by ladyinred View Post
    is this accurate??
    Sort of. It's accurate to the extent that it describes SLEs as an aggressive and playful type focused mainly on making an impact in its surroundings. As I just mentioned though I think he got the subtypes wrong. Here's what Gulenko has to say on the matter:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gulenko on SLE-Se
    Sharp, demonstrative, attacking style of behaviour. Expressive and expansive to the point of being aggressive. Feels at home in emergencies; find themselves in conflicts; can pressure people in order to rapidly introduce order. If conflicts do not occur, they can provoke some in order to then take the initiative into their own hands. Emotional and sociable, will want the attention of more than one person of the opposite sex. Women also display initiative in their acquaintances with men. This subtype is sinewy, mobile, often thin, has a well developed taste, is an epicure. In fashion are drawn to refinement and prestige.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulenko on SLE-Ti
    Prefer to remain in the shadows, not to demonstrate their aspirations, but constantly hold their hands on the pulse of all proceedings around them. Outwardly appears balanced and phlegmatic. Before acting, checks all versions of possible consequences and only then enters into the game. Distrustful and careful, skeptic, conservative and realistic. Because they are not very sociable, may appear to be introverted. If they have their aim on a victim, they act slowly, by the method of the "compressive ring".
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyinred View Post
    okay, thanks.. i need to look more into the enneagram then. what types are SLEs usually, are SLE-Tis one type typically a type and SLE-Ses typically a type??
    SLE-Se: 8w7, 7w8, 3w4, 6w7 (counter-phobic).
    SLE-Ti: 8wX, 3wX, 1wX, 6wX (counter-phobic).
    Last edited by Aleksei; 12-02-2010 at 04:26 PM.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

    Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

    For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

    -Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

  29. #29
    07490's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    there
    Posts
    3,047
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    SLE-Ti:1wX
    No way

    To be honest I am not even sure six exist for them.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

    2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

  30. #30
    Bananas are good. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Rift
    TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,632
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    To be honest I am not even sure six exist for them.
    Sure it does.

    Other Sixes adopt the opposite strategy of dealing with fear, and become counterphobic, essentially taking a defiant stand against whatever they find threatening. This is the Six who takes on authority or who adopts a dare devil attitude towards physical danger. Counterphobic Sixes can be agressive and, rather than looking for authorities, can adopt a rebellious or anti-authoritarian demeanor. Counterphobic Sixes are often unaware of the fear that motivates their actions.
    Any type can be a Six, counterphobia's the reason why. Beta STs could easily be counterphobic.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

    Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

    For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

    -Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

  31. #31
    07490's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    there
    Posts
    3,047
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Sure it does.


    Any type can be a Six, counterphobia's the reason why. Beta STs could easily be counterphobic.
    You have any real life people example? I would gladly take a look.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

    2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

  32. #32
    Bananas are good. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Rift
    TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,632
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'll get back to you on that one, but from a theoretical perspective wouldn't an attitude of charging head-on against anything that provokes fear or anxiety sound like a very Beta-ST attitude?
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

    Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

    For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

    -Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

  33. #33
    07490's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    there
    Posts
    3,047
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    I'll get back to you on that one, but from a theoretical perspective wouldn't an attitude of charging head-on against anything that provokes fear or anxiety sound like a very Beta-ST attitude?

    Generally, I don't think it's a good idea to base socionics 's type attitude with Ennegaram type. I know people here have said EIE with Fe ego can mostly likely be two, or ISFj with Se ego describe an eight, and so far. But I have never met any of those types in real life, that's when I think concrete evidences measures up.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

    2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

  34. #34
    Inception Mastermind KeroZen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Paris, France
    TIM
    infecting u with Fe
    Posts
    387
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    I have never met any of those types in real life, that's when I think concrete evidences measures up.
    Isn't that a good example of Ti acknowledging the need for Te in real life? Nevermind...
    "Everyone carries a shadow, and the less it is embodied in the individual’s conscious life, the blacker and denser it is.
    At all counts, it forms an unconscious snag, thwarting our most well-meant intentions."

    C. G. Jung


    -----
    Know your body, know your mind, know your limits.

  35. #35
    Bananas are good. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Rift
    TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,632
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    Generally, I don't think it's a good idea to base socionics 's type attitude with Ennegaram type. I know people here have said EIE with Fe ego can mostly likely be two, or ISFj with Se ego describe an eight, and so far. But I have never met any of those types in real life, that's when I think concrete evidences measures up.
    Potentially, any Socionics type could equate to any Enneagram type, as they are two separate systems. The same is true with MBTI, Keirsey and any other separate style of Jungian typology, but people have a harder time buying it. :wink: What I'm doing here is equating a given Socionics type with E-types that are likely to correspond to it.

    Besides, your initial statement (which if I'm not mistaken was along the lines of "SLEs can't be 6") would be correlating Socionics to Enneagram, no?

    As a general rule though, any type that can be 8 can be counter-phobic 6. They're very similar (I actually mistook my counter-phobic cousin for 8w7 once). Incidentally, said cousin is a good real-life example of a Beta ST Six (LSI-Se, 6w7 sp/so), but you don't know her so it doesn't work.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

    Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

    For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

    -Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

  36. #36
    07490's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    there
    Posts
    3,047
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Potentially, any Socionics type could equate to any Enneagram type, as they are two separate systems. The same is true with MBTI, Keirsey and any other separate style of Jungian typology, but people have a harder time buying it. :wink: What I'm doing here is equating a given Socionics type with E-types that are likely to correspond to it..
    I definity don't buy this, maybe for Meyer briggs but not for socionics, one socionic type can only be a few enneagram types, not all.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

    2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

  37. #37
    Bananas are good. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Rift
    TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,632
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    I definity don't buy this, maybe for Meyer briggs but not for socionics, one socionic type can only be a few enneagram types, not all.
    Why not?
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

    Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

    For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

    -Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

  38. #38
    07490's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    there
    Posts
    3,047
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Why not?
    it's just not true in real life, after you type someone by socionics and enneagram (and it tooks me a while to come to this conclusion for me) you noticed that one socionics only matches some enneagram types and not others.


    Now I wouldn't know why..... said, "Higher power created personality this way, like say why does physics or chemistry just work the way it does on earth?"
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

    2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

  39. #39
    Inception Mastermind KeroZen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Paris, France
    TIM
    infecting u with Fe
    Posts
    387
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    And same between MBTI and socionics.
    "Everyone carries a shadow, and the less it is embodied in the individual’s conscious life, the blacker and denser it is.
    At all counts, it forms an unconscious snag, thwarting our most well-meant intentions."

    C. G. Jung


    -----
    Know your body, know your mind, know your limits.

  40. #40
    Bananas are good. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Rift
    TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,632
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    it's just not true in real life, after you type someone by socionics and enneagram (and it tooks me a while to come to this conclusion for me) you noticed that one socionics only matches some enneagram types and not others.
    That doesn't really shut out the possibility of type combinations outside of the normal range existing. It just means they haven't been found yet. Maybe they don't exist, to be sure, but in the world of theoretical possibilities, it's not an impossibility.

    Not that this really affect this discussion anyway. As I said, a counter-phobic 6 is basically equivalent to a hyper-paranoid 8. By the way, examples of Beta ST Sixes:

    Josef Stalin- LSI-Se 6w5 sp/sx
    Tony Soprano (The Sopranos)- SLE-Se 6w7 sp/sx
    Ben Reynolds (Lie to Me)- LSI-Se 6w5 sp/so

    Quote Originally Posted by KeroZen View Post
    And same between MBTI and socionics.
    That one I can assure you is bunk. I habitually type people using both systems, and I've found no less than 5 MBTI types corresponding to any one Socionics type, and vice-versa.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

    Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

    For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

    -Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •