Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Facts and people

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Facts and people

    Is this good to contrast T and F:

    F types are interested in WHO you are.

    T types are interested in FACTS about you.

    Does it work for you?

  2. #2
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Very much so, yes.

    EDIT: That is actually how I came to think I might be an F.

  3. #3
    escaping anndelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    WA
    TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Posts
    6,330
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Facts and people

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    Is this good to contrast T and F:

    F types are interested in WHO you are.

    T types are interested in FACTS about you.

    Does it work for you?

    For some people, the FACTS about them ARE WHO they are. How will you help them distinguish between the two?

    For others, the FACTS about them are NOT WHO they are. And yet, aren't FACTS a part of how they show WHO they are?
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Facts and people

    Quote Originally Posted by anndelise
    For some people, the FACTS about them ARE WHO they are. How will you help them distinguish between the two?

    For others, the FACTS about them are NOT WHO they are. And yet, aren't FACTS a part of how they show WHO they are?
    I'm thinking that by people making one choice or the other, they cannot confuse the two things. What do you think?

    "Facts" are more material/apparent and "who you are" is more to do with the soul/hidden.

  5. #5
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    how about

    F's want to know what you need / desire.

    T's want to know why how / why your here.


    to me T's are only interrested in facts as the means to discovering the how / why's.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    F's want to know what you need / desire.
    Is this more to do with than ?

  7. #7
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    When I think about it I can't really distinguish one from the other, but according to your defintions I lean more towards the second (F).
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  8. #8
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    how about

    F's want to know what you need / desire.

    T's want to know why how / why your here.


    to me T's are only interrested in facts as the means to discovering the how / why's.
    That makes much more sense to me.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    how about

    F's want to know what you need / desire.

    T's want to know why how / why your here.


    to me T's are only interrested in facts as the means to discovering the how / why's.
    That makes much more sense to me.
    Could that be because it is more to do with your hidden agenda ( )?

  10. #10
    escaping anndelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    WA
    TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Posts
    6,330
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Facts and people

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    Quote Originally Posted by anndelise
    For some people, the FACTS about them ARE WHO they are. How will you help them distinguish between the two?

    For others, the FACTS about them are NOT WHO they are. And yet, aren't FACTS a part of how they show WHO they are?
    I'm thinking that by people making one choice or the other, they cannot confuse the two things. What do you think?

    "Facts" are more material/apparent and "who you are" is more to do with the soul/hidden.
    Problem is, "Facts about" and "Who" are not always separatable in people's minds. Trying to force them to choose between one or the other, when they are the "same thing" is like asking you to choose, are you Hugo, or do you Hugo.

    And what about the people who will argue with someone that they don't argue? Or yell at someone that they don't have a temper? The FACT is, they have a temper, or that they argue. WHO they are is someone who argues or has a temper. Which is which? Same thing?

    BionicGoat suggests asking more specific questions rather than asking a person to choose between Hugo and Hugo. Can you create more specific questions?
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    180
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have no problem with the original question. It basically suggests that T types define people by the totality of their actions while F types believe that one's outward actions do not necessarily reflect who they truely are. It works for me.
    Lyricist

    "Supposing the entity of the poet to be represented by the number 10, it is certain that a chemist, on analyzing it, would find it to be composed of one part interest and nine parts vanity." (Victor Hugo)

  12. #12
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    how about

    F's want to know what you need / desire.

    T's want to know why how / why your here.


    to me T's are only interrested in facts as the means to discovering the how / why's.
    That makes much more sense to me.
    Could that be because it is more to do with your hidden agenda ( )?
    I don't know and I don't think so. I am relating to Ts in that description if you thought the contrary. If you didn't... it might have to do with my hidden agenda making it easier to recognize the opposite of my Te (the other side of the coin, as you have said previously)
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  13. #13
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,631
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Both kind of infos are useful.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  14. #14
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Facts and people can easily go hand to hand. Why you're here vs your desires, it's the same question.

    It's "things" and people which are the more opposite focuses, not facts and people. Do you see things similarly to people as having logical or natural properties and something to figure out/solve, or do you see things and people ethically, as they come together and ultimately effect humans and their questions of morals and feelings. T vs F

    The opposite of a fact or detail is an idea or conjecture, something exact, present, provable vs that which isn't proved or yet in full form. S vs N

    Similarly a thing may exist as a fact, an object seen and felt in reality, or, a thing may exist as simply an idea or plan in one's own imagination. It is only an intuition or vision which will be a directly opposite perception to a fact.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •