Thread: What's my type, uber Se-INFp male perhaps?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What's my type, uber Se-INFp male perhaps?

Like many of you on this board, I have often wondered why I am the way I am, or exactly what it is that I am. I love the Socionics system and have tremendous regard for its systematic approach to psyche, types, and their interaction, but have the belief that the true essense of the Self is constantly in flux, and although there are certain tendencies people are disposed to, the Self is essentially a product of your environment, which is also in flux. Having said that, I understand that I can never really know who I am in comparison to others since perspectives are incommensurable and in flux.

Now, this is just to build up on some outlandish musings I've had on my type. A friend on the wikisocion had suggested that perhaps I am a super-Se INFp. This seems to make a lot of sense because I have uncanny insight into the people and environment around me and have achieved states of what I can only refer to as hyper-awareness. I can see through people easily and usually, depending on my mood, can easily see the very worst in people. This all seems to accord with extroverted sensing:

authority, influence, desire, political interest/personal investment, competition/struggle, willpower, impact, force, appearance, readiness, tactics, territory

Being the IEI that I am, I am very much introverted intuitive which is obviously my base function. I live in my mind and can easily see patterns that can/have/will occur in time. These are general, larger picture patterns but I have also had some insight into the patterns within people as well. My Fe can very easily manipulate people without effort and without me being aware of it. I've noticed that I can make women fall in love with me easily and can also cut people's ego in half if Im pushed to it.

Another musing of mine is that maybe I am actually, genetically an ESTp who has been raised in special circumstances, that is in captivity under the oppression of my older sister. Throughout my childhood, she had done a very good job of isolating me and instilling the fear of the unknown into me and making me a very much introverted child growing up. I think this gave me the opportunity to develop my psyche fully and to harness latent gifts and also to search for meaning in my life, and what it is to be a good person... very much introverted introspective. I have spent a lot of time reading about type when I was in my early teens and perhaps subconsciously chose the most ideal type, that is INFp, at least, perhaps, the most agreeable to all, and have been directing my repressed ESTp Self to this ideal ever since.

At this moment, I am that IEI intuitive subtype now. I have no affinity for extroversion, perhaps by my upbringing, or perhaps genetically. I have very developed intuition. I prefer to operate on my feelings, but have a well developed thinking function, at least I think I do. I am pretty lazy and Ni rules all so am an irrational P as well.

I am fairly young and perhaps can develop all elements equally and uitilize each function according to necessity, becoming a true uber XXXx.

Any thoughts? different perspectives on nature vs. nurture, evolutionary perspective? outlandish fantasy?

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What? Do you have a kryptonite PoLR or something?
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your musings are beautiful, although I doubt you were ever an ESTp. I myself lived in repression for a while, and how I was affected was that I struggled with self-image, who I was and who I wanted to be. Socionics commanded me to harness the fun-loving person I was, which I suppose I did.

Anyway, there doesn't seem to be a lot of Se in your posts, if anything your descriptions sound like Se DS rather than Se in itself.

Welcome bro.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whats DS in Se DS?

Right now, somewhere in the middle of nowhere: AKA South Texas
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sent you a private message Uberm....
    Teddybeanz

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybeanz View Post
    Sent you a private message Uberm....
    Teddybeanz
    Why do you type your username at the end of all of your posts?

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte View Post
    Jason does it too, and I've always wanted to ask.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by calenwen View Post
    Jason does it too, and I've always wanted to ask.
    It seems so stupid. It's not like we've forgotten since the last time we read their name. Just put it in your sig and spare yourself the trouble.

Right now, somewhere in the middle of nowhere: AKA South Texas
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte View Post
    I dont know... I guess habit. I am on several chat boards for 'hobbies' and we have to or the mod wont post them. Easier to just do it for all of my posts everywhere for continuity. I will try to remember that I dont have to here. Does it bother you or were you just wondering?

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are INFP.

Therefor you also value Se. Nothing uber or special about that.

People are different because of their different developed psyche. It's what psychological types is all about. And you never change your type during your lifetime, so I don't understand how that can be in flux or whatever.

As usual I will argument this by giving my favourite comparison...

You are always a male (or female), although you get older, taller, etc, you will never change gender. (with exceptions of ?????'s girlfriends)