Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 56

Thread: INFj deappreciation thread

  1. #1
    meatburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A Quazar named Northern Territory
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default INFj deappreciation thread

    lol im kidding. I do really like INFjs (in theory). The last thing INFj's deserve is a sad thread about them.

    But im making one about a couple of INFj's in my life that upset me. The first is my friend who isn't coming out tonight and never comes out. More importantly though is my ESTj friends girlfriend. Her and i have never really got on that well. I believe it could be a subtype difference but im not sure. It seems like she is jealous of my friendship with her boyfriend as we are very close. Ive known this guy since i was 6 years old. She gets really annoyed when we want to play NHL or FIFA on his PS3 as she thinks games are rediculous.

    My friend mentioned recently that she is needy. He is right. She is very needy. I think he paritally likes it because its flattering. It annoys me though. She will get more than upset if he doesn't have dinner with her or spend time with her. She basically has the attitude "well if you aren't here what do i do????". My answer to that (in my mind) is get a life. She has no hobbies, her only hobby is her boyfriend. She barely sees her other friends. Every now and then shes cheerful and my mate does really love her, but god damn... She loves her ENFp friend, but i think shes a different subtype to me. I feel sorry for this ENFp because shes a little on the dumb side (or appears to be to others). She asked if opium smells like the perfume called opium the other day and everyone at the table was like hmm no i dont think so.

    Anyway theres nothing to be said, i just wish she wasn't so emotional and serious. I want to hook him up with another one maybe a bit like Ritella? So we can all have fun
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

  2. #2
    The Greeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    602
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ah, I can see myself being a little possessive sometimes and have been told as such. Over the course of my life, though, I have learnt to not take these things so personally.

    But I do have a life, so ha!

    Who are the other INFjs and what other things annoy you?
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.




  3. #3
    Errant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    277
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    lol im kidding. I do really like INFjs (in theory). The last thing INFj's deserve is a sad thread about them.
    Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    But im making one about a couple of INFj's in my life that upset me. The first is my friend who isn't coming out tonight and never comes out.
    Reason? Mostly we're just rather passive and don't need to be out all the time, but if you actually make the attempt to drag him out he'd probably have fun. If he's had bad experiences with coming out in the past or something though, you have a different problem.
    More importantly though is my ESTj friends girlfriend. Her and i have never really got on that well. I believe it could be a subtype difference but im not sure. It seems like she is jealous of my friendship with her boyfriend as we are very close. Ive known this guy since i was 6 years old. She gets really annoyed when we want to play NHL or FIFA on his PS3 as she thinks games are rediculous.

    My friend mentioned recently that she is needy. He is right. She is very needy.
    Sounds like a Valley Girl. That poor bastard.
    I think he paritally likes it because its flattering. It annoys me though. She will get more than upset if he doesn't have dinner with her or spend time with her. She basically has the attitude "well if you aren't here what do i do????". My answer to that (in my mind) is get a life. She has no hobbies, her only hobby is her boyfriend. She barely sees her other friends. Every now and then shes cheerful and my mate does really love her, but god damn...
    Unhealthy INFj is unhealthy.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    854
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I hate myself most of the time

    and meatburger that infj with your friend sounds kinda lame.. it's probably just that she is needy girl and not having to do with her socionics type
    EII 4w5

    so/sx (?)

  5. #5
    meatburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A Quazar named Northern Territory
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ok Salawa sounds like a plan. Time for mutiny!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Christy B View Post
    I hate myself most of the time

    and meatburger that infj with your friend sounds kinda lame.. it's probably just that she is needy girl and not having to do with her socionics type
    Yeah dont get me wrong, i see the potential of INFj's. I know i would love them lots ive just had a bit of bad luck. My friend doesn't go out because hes a bit down, but never wants to. You are right Errant if he just came out he would have a good time.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

  6. #6
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salawa View Post
    It's a shame you're having bad experiences with these INFjs.

    Come to Perth and we'll have fun (bring ESTj ).
    I'm curious, when did you change from ILI to EII? Was there a thread or did you do it on your own? tbh I thought your sig was a joke as a few people have put different types in their sigs recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christy B View Post
    and meatburger that infj with your friend sounds kinda lame.. it's probably just that she is needy girl and not having to do with her socionics type
    Yeah I think this is true. This may be stating the obvious but it's important to remember not to confuse personality with socionic type, although I do think the two often overlap, but sometimes they just don't.

    I don't know anything about this girl and I suck at giving 'advice' about this kinda stuff. Eh, maybe this is kinda similar: I've got an ISTp friend who is married to an ENFp and whenever I arrange to go out with him, she always comes along. It's kinda weird because I know him from uni so often we end up talking about the 'old days' which invariably involves as some point things we got up to when he was single. It's kinda difficult to do that when she's there, so it makes for an awkward conversation at times, with me feeling I have to be careful with what I say. I haven't seen the right opportunity to mention it to him or how to say it; that maybe we should just go out without his partner for a change. Apparently she likes to hear my stories about my love life and what have you and it makes her laugh, but then, i'm not entirely comfortable being there for her entertainment either So I kinda am at the stage were I don't see him as much.

    I suppose when i'm married we can get together for bbq's and stuff, and my other half can keep her occupied! But doesn't help in meantime.

    I'd be interested to hear if your situation gets resolved for you and how you went about it.

  7. #7
    meatburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A Quazar named Northern Territory
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I'd be interested to hear if your situation gets resolved for you and how you went about it.
    Ahh your situation is interesting. You will just have to plan to see him some time when shes working or something lol. Your point is exactly right, what i need is an ISTp girlfriend. Then they can hang and we can hang. I think this type of thing just happens when you get to my age, the girlfriends get the prime time.

    The thing i dont get though is, she sees him every night of the week, they just got back from a 4 day holiday, and shes still annoyed to come home and have me there hanging out. He invited me there! My situation will resolve itself in 4 weeks because im moving interstate, so i wont see them again for a while
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

  8. #8
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    Ahh your situation is interesting. You will just have to plan to see him some time when shes working or something lol. Your point is exactly right, what i need is an ISTp girlfriend. Then they can hang and we can hang. I think this type of thing just happens when you get to my age, the girlfriends get the prime time.

    The thing i dont get though is, she sees him every night of the week, they just got back from a 4 day holiday, and shes still annoyed to come home and have me there hanging out. He invited me there! My situation will resolve itself in 4 weeks because im moving interstate, so i wont see them again for a while
    Heh, maybe that will work out well; you can keep in contact with him by email/aim/msn and by the time you are round to meeting him again maybe the two of them will have calmed down a little and she'll be glad to give him a bit of space.

    Yeah I'll see how it goes with my mate. What's also funny is that she's English and kinda soft spoken so a lot of the times I can't really understand what she's saying lol. Anyway they seem pretty tight which is good. I expect baby on the way, heh.

    Sounds cool but kinda scary in a way, I dunno if i'll ever grow up enough to be responsible for a kid. I don't mind responsibility but permanent responsibility sounds a bit scary to me. Then I guess it's biological so this stuff sort of happens, and you're programmed for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Salawa View Post
    I don't know exactly how long ago -- maybe 1 month ago after consideration for several months beforehand, not really consulting many people until more recently and usually in private conversation rather than forum threads. There was a half-hearted thread but really I just changed my mind "on my own".

    It is serious (although the post you quoted was mostly playful -- though I would be very happy to cross paths with meatburger one day).
    Cool.

  9. #9
    Ritella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    at your feet
    Posts
    2,092
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    I feel sorry for this ENFp because shes a little on the dumb side (or appears to be to others). She asked if opium smells like the perfume called opium the other day and everyone at the table was like hmm no i dont think so.
    ahahahahaha. wow. that is so funny.
    Anyway theres nothing to be said, i just wish she wasn't so emotional and serious. I want to hook him up with another one maybe a bit like Ritella? So we can all have fun
    Send pics!
    I am really needy and don't have a life, too. However, I am egotistical enough to love spending time with myself. So, boys night out is fine by me.
    EII; E6(w5)

    i am flakey

  10. #10
    meatburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A Quazar named Northern Territory
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    ahahahahaha. wow. that is so funny.

    Send pics!
    I am really needy and don't have a life, too. However, I am egotistical enough to love spending time with myself. So, boys night out is fine by me.
    Just imagine Brendan Fraser, but a little hotter
    Last edited by meatburger; 01-27-2009 at 11:40 PM.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

  11. #11
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    Just imagine Brendan Fraser, but a little hotter
    Hey, don't play with Ritella's heart....... she'll be going after him with great conviction if you say that.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,834
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think INFjs can be great! It really depends on the person though...I was friends w/ one for a while who would cancel on me last minute to do something like get up early the next morning to go to guy paper towels. Or, would cancel because of "laundry."

    I really started to take it personally, until my other friend reminded me that this friend always canceled on all of us for "laundry." It made me wonder since INFjs are all about ethics...and being flaky does not seem to be ethical to me.

    Anyway, one night I didn't invite this INFj (as the last few times I'd gotten the laundry excuse). I hung out w/ a group of friends (one of which was her roommate). That friend stopped home for a sec to get something and we all came along. We walked in to find the INFj doing -- you guessed it -- laundry! She was horrified that we were all hanging out w/o her and later told me how offended she was that she wasn't invited. Of course, she would have been busy doing laundry if I had invited her...and the other girls weren't really friends w/ her.

    I also found it odd that she expected my other friends to invite her to things (who she'd met maybe twice and barely spoken to). I'd known them for more than 10 years and yet she'd tell me she was so offended they didn't include her. Also, strange for an INFj to lack that, what is that, Fi right?

    I figure if other people don't put any effort into a relationship, they can't expect to be at the center of the social circle. But this INFj expected that.

    There must be more considerate INFjs out there I'm sure!
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

  13. #13
    meatburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A Quazar named Northern Territory
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hehe laundry. My INFj used the excuse "gotta save the moneys for the electric bill". I was thinking dude im inviting you to T-bone tuesdays. Its $10 per person for a steak, chips and salad. Beers are like $7.50 for two which is a great deal. I think he is almost argophobic which is sad because the last thing you should do is give in to your fears and not go out.

    I feel bad today though, as ESTj came over to my house (hes on holidays) while his INFj girlfriend was at work. He was playing bioshock on my pc. Anyway we both knew his girlfriend would ring and ask for a lift home. It was 45 degrees celcuis today (hotttt). Anyway she rang and he said he would come and pick her up but she declined because she knew he was at my house and its a 30 min drive or so. So shes walked about 15 mins in the heat home lolol. Its not really funny though because not only is he going to get it, shes going to be even more annoyed at me.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

  14. #14
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Good people are hard to come by, and should be cherished, regardless of type.


    At least she's not so bad that they'd write a song about her, unlike Kyle's Mom. Or, so I hope.

    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    854
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post

    I feel bad today though, as ESTj came over to my house (hes on holidays) while his INFj girlfriend was at work. He was playing bioshock on my pc. Anyway we both knew his girlfriend would ring and ask for a lift home. It was 45 degrees celcuis today (hotttt). Anyway she rang and he said he would come and pick her up but she declined because she knew he was at my house and its a 30 min drive or so. So shes walked about 15 mins in the heat home lolol. Its not really funny though because not only is he going to get it, shes going to be even more annoyed at me.
    Well, if she declined the ride after he offered she should not mad be mad at him.... If she really needed or wanted the ride she should have been honest about it rather than playing passive-aggressive BS games. What does she normally do for rides, when he doesn't have the day off??
    EII 4w5

    so/sx (?)

  16. #16
    reckoner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    138
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wow. These folks sound just like me. I have good friends but I ignore them and always find a reason to avoid going out. Outside of work, I'm a virtual shut-in. I think deep down, what it comes down to is that I really cherish deep one-on-one connections, and if there are more than one or two people tagging along, social get-togethers usually result in me feeling emotionally empty. And large parties/social gatherings are anathema to me.

    I wonder if this type of avoidance/social anxiety is common among INFjs?
    INFj

  17. #17
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reckoner View Post
    Wow. These folks sound just like me. I have good friends but I ignore them and always find a reason to avoid going out. Outside of work, I'm a virtual shut-in. I think deep down, what it comes down to is that I really cherish deep one-on-one connections, and if there are more than one or two people tagging along, social get-togethers usually result in me feeling emotionally empty. And large parties/social gatherings are anathema to me.

    I wonder if this type of avoidance/social anxiety is common among INFjs?
    That's ok... just be willing to try to meet people sometimes.

    INFjs can sometimes get caught up in this trap of avoiding any sort of real relationship. By real, I mean, legitimate - sincere interaction between people. Some use low self image for this, some let their inability to function practically influence this, some let their take on morality to do this, some let their opinion/standards of thoughts, intellect, or otherwise influence this.

    The most healthy INFjs I know understand how to have medium-level relationships. It's somewhat of a maturity thing, it seems. You do not HAVE TO have them, of course not. But it's a way of actually being open to the world.

    Unhealthy INFjs I know, or even more medium ones, tend to be very ensnared by fears or concerns about things, in such a way that cripples them. Keep in mind, there is a difference between having a preference - that is, prefering quiet places and intimate settings - and acting out of fear. When you're afraid your not making the choice, you are resisting. That seems to be a point of growth for some EIIs, as per what I've seen.

    Again, I'm not saying reservedness is bad - I think it's very cute that EIIs are that way. I would really, actually, like to be a part of an EIIs stable inner circle... I crave that kind of one on one relationship very deeply. But, the personal preference for reservedness cannot be an excuse for growing as a person and experiencing different things in life.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  18. #18
    reckoner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    138
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    That's ok... just be willing to try to meet people sometimes.

    INFjs can sometimes get caught up in this trap of avoiding any sort of real relationship. By real, I mean, legitimate - sincere interaction between people. Some use low self image for this, some let their inability to function practically influence this, some let their take on morality to do this, some let their opinion/standards of thoughts, intellect, or otherwise influence this.

    The most healthy INFjs I know understand how to have medium-level relationships. It's somewhat of a maturity thing, it seems. You do not HAVE TO have them, of course not. But it's a way of actually being open to the world.

    Unhealthy INFjs I know, or even more medium ones, tend to be very ensnared by fears or concerns about things, in such a way that cripples them. Keep in mind, there is a difference between having a preference - that is, prefering quiet places and intimate settings - and acting out of fear. When you're afraid your not making the choice, you are resisting. That seems to be a point of growth for some EIIs, as per what I've seen.

    Again, I'm not saying reservedness is bad - I think it's very cute that EIIs are that way. I would really, actually, like to be a part of an EIIs stable inner circle... I crave that kind of one on one relationship very deeply. But, the personal preference for reservedness cannot be an excuse for growing as a person and experiencing different things in life.
    Thank you for the insight. I couldn't agree with you more. I will say though that I have, throughout my life, taken "risks" and tried to push myself outside of my comfort zone (involved myself in social organizations, sought leadership roles, public speaking, heck...even going to law school and dealing with the Socratic method (where I could be...gasp..."judged") and participating in oral arguments, etc.), but it just hasn't gotten any easier. It's the same old story, over and over, of me retreating into my shell. You would never know it from looking at me. I often come across to others as some cold/aloof prick, but inside is a torrent of emotions and fears (like I'm sure everyone has - not just INFj's.
    INFj

  19. #19
    Teddybeanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Right now, somewhere in the middle of nowhere: AKA South Texas
    Posts
    54
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    lol im kidding. I do really like INFjs (in theory). The last thing INFj's deserve is a sad thread about them.

    But im making one about a couple of INFj's in my life that upset me. The first is my friend who isn't coming out tonight and never comes out. More importantly though is my ESTj friends girlfriend. Her and i have never really got on that well. I believe it could be a subtype difference but im not sure. It seems like she is jealous of my friendship with her boyfriend as we are very close. Ive known this guy since i was 6 years old. She gets really annoyed when we want to play NHL or FIFA on his PS3 as she thinks games are rediculous.

    My friend mentioned recently that she is needy. He is right. She is very needy. I think he paritally likes it because its flattering. It annoys me though. She will get more than upset if he doesn't have dinner with her or spend time with her. She basically has the attitude "well if you aren't here what do i do????". My answer to that (in my mind) is get a life. She has no hobbies, her only hobby is her boyfriend. She barely sees her other friends. Every now and then shes cheerful and my mate does really love her, but god damn... She loves her ENFp friend, but i think shes a different subtype to me. I feel sorry for this ENFp because shes a little on the dumb side (or appears to be to others). She asked if opium smells like the perfume called opium the other day and everyone at the table was like hmm no i dont think so.

    Anyway theres nothing to be said, i just wish she wasn't so emotional and serious. I want to hook him up with another one maybe a bit like Ritella? So we can all have fun
    Whats the age group here? Young ladies are alot more needy and insecure than ones who have more life experience. But at the same time, you guys are playing video games that she is probably 'too mature' to do. I personally think its an age related dilemma...

  20. #20
    Éminence grise mikemex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Third Planet
    TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Posts
    1,631
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reckoner View Post
    Wow. These folks sound just like me. I have good friends but I ignore them and always find a reason to avoid going out. Outside of work, I'm a virtual shut-in. I think deep down, what it comes down to is that I really cherish deep one-on-one connections, and if there are more than one or two people tagging along, social get-togethers usually result in me feeling emotionally empty. And large parties/social gatherings are anathema to me.

    I wonder if this type of avoidance/social anxiety is common among INFjs?
    I'm IEE and do the same. I think it's the real nature of all Fi valuing types.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

    You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

  21. #21
    meatburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A Quazar named Northern Territory
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybeanz View Post
    Whats the age group here? Young ladies are alot more needy and insecure than ones who have more life experience. But at the same time, you guys are playing video games that she is probably 'too mature' to do. I personally think its an age related dilemma...
    She is 23/24 i think, and has been with this guy for about 7 years. I understand that she doesn't like computer games, but she needs to understand thats what her boyfriend wants to do (some of the time). He bought a ps3 to entertain people at his house. He brings in all the money in a high paying job, and she likes to spend it on travel and shoes. Anyway shes alright hehe. I suppose what annoys me the most is i cant really get close to her. The ESTj said the other night that because she knows us so well now, boys nights dont work because she feels left out that she cant come. If we play computer games that she doesn't like she feels left out. Which i do understand.

    @Reckoner (Radiohead?). You sound very INFj, thats cool. The problem that i face is that i like to see all my friends at once. I like to go out or to a party where they are all there. Hanging out with people invididually is not something i actively persue. My friend does get upset and i think going out a bit more could be good for him. I see a lot of potential in INFj's i think i just want to bear witness to it. I think i should just cut these INFj's some slack. Its my job to bring them out of their shell, i will just have to try harder
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by reckoner View Post
    Wow. These folks sound just like me. I have good friends but I ignore them and always find a reason to avoid going out. Outside of work, I'm a virtual shut-in. I think deep down, what it comes down to is that I really cherish deep one-on-one connections, and if there are more than one or two people tagging along, social get-togethers usually result in me feeling emotionally empty. And large parties/social gatherings are anathema to me.

    I wonder if this type of avoidance/social anxiety is common among INFjs?

    I do tend to avoid or bow out of invites, but not all the time. It probably has to do with whether the INFJ is introverted or depressed or having an "off" day. I often don't want to hang out in a group, but it's almost easier because then I don't have all the attention. I like the stimulation of getting together with one person that I have a lot in common with and when they don't want a lot of detail information. I am not a good resource for citing sources of where I got this or that little tidbit of info. I am very perceptive, though, and if the topic is on people's personalities or motives, I am often right on. Is that like you?

  23. #23
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    INFj deprecation thread.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  24. #24
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    INFj defecation thread
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  25. #25
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,723
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    INFjs are too indecisive.

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  26. #26
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,808
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Easy Day

  27. #27
    A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    TIM
    ill
    Posts
    3,055
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We should have an INFj defrocking thread for Maritsa.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

    Brought to you by socionix.com

  28. #28

  29. #29
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    We should have an INFj defrocking thread for Maritsa.
    As much as I'd appreciate the effort, it wouldn't amount to any more than a few people yelling in circles about her intellectual dishonesty and poor critical thinking skills while she hovers above it conveniently misunderstanding everything.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  30. #30

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Posts
    449
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    INFjs, the lowest form of human being.
    "The final delusion is the belief that one has lost all delusion."

    -- Maurice Chapelain

  31. #31
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can identify with the "sit back and let others work on the relationship" stance. I really need to stop that; I sit here with no close connections because I don't think to go out and strengthen the ones I have. Same with sitting at home and never going anywhere (save school, work, and shopping). I enjoy a change of pace when I'm in that moment, but I usually can't be bothered to do it.
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  32. #32

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    TIM
    9w1
    Posts
    2,773
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    same here but it's started getting scary and i don't even like cats.thank god i had the chance to join a student team that organizes events and i've started socializing a ton more.at first i was sceptical about how i'd be getting back home after night outings because i am a wuss when it comes to walking alone in the wee hours (ILIs are quite the opposite) but i kinda got the hang of it and life's better. ;O
    the thing is that we meet to discuss upcoming events,so it's easier to keep myself "glued" with those people and see what may flourish.the dynamics so far are great.
    unholy water sanguine addiction

  33. #33
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    I can identify with the "sit back and let others work on the relationship" stance. I really need to stop that; I sit here with no close connections because I don't think to go out and strengthen the ones I have. Same with sitting at home and never going anywhere (save school, work, and shopping). I enjoy a change of pace when I'm in that moment, but I usually can't be bothered to do it.
    Introverts lack initiative.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  34. #34
    Arete GuavaDrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Now in stores near you.
    TIM
    EIE 9w8-5-4 s?
    Posts
    1,524
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Initiative, even if minimal, is a learnable skill.
    Reason is a whore.

  35. #35
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No it isn't.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  36. #36
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Introverts lack initiative.
    I agree with Guava; initiative may not come naturally, but it can be done. I've made friends in the past because I approached someone first. It's not my preference, but I can do it. I've taken the initiative in friendships/acquaintances, getting contact information or Facebook profiles so we can keep in touch (I'm not so great at following through, though). Concerning relationship maintenance, it isn't fair to put all of the initiative on the other person; they may begin to feel unappreciated and resentful. Concerning getting out there, I would prefer to experience things with someone else, but I could ask someone to go with me. I don't have to wait for someone to come along and act upon me. I may lack initiative, but I'm also passive and lazy, and I can change those. I should change those.
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  37. #37
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    INFjs depreciate according to sum of years' digits method.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  38. #38
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't really find INFjs the best-looking type because our expressions look overly nice and not hot enough


  39. #39
    . willekeurig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,512
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I don't really find INFjs the best-looking type because our expressions look overly nice and not hot enough
    You should start being evil like me. I don't look nice at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

  40. #40
    ■■■■■■ Radio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,574
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    methinks agarina should retype to Fi sub so we can be supur identkuls :0

    /threadjack

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •