Thread: Types and dreams

Creepy-male

Default Types and dreams

So, peeps. Another fun discussion!

How much is type related to dream content?

I noticed, as an ILE, my dreams seem to follow the pattern of:

Random ocurrence -> notice something's missing -> accept the first explanation.

For instance, I was... something about a university, but there was a bakery there, so I turn around and see a marquee saying "University Motel Inn". (Condensed: University -> bakery -> why bakery, wtf? -> o lol it's an Inn. (which, in retrospect, seems slightly absurd.))

P.S. the emote box is winking at me.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Hostage_Child View Post
    edit: I just realized as the first person to reply, I killed the fun atmosphere you probably wanted to acquire. How ironic.
    Burn.

Alpha NTs aren't only about fun, honey. We're not one-dimensional crackpots .

EDIT

My dreams usually cast me as the observer and sometimes I don't know what or who I am.
    Oh! I know what you mean!

I had this one dream where I was heaps of different people over the course of the dream, and then we all were gathered together for some reason, and I was like "Wait, that guy is m--lol, ok".

None of my dreams have very strong emotional or sensory components either, I realised. One time I dreamt that I had slid off a mountain, and was falling and falling, then I landed in a castle courtyard, and looked up at it from the ground and was outside the castle. The point is, I wasn't afraid of falling, and it didn't hurt when I hit the ground. Just a rollercoaster moment as I realised there wasn't enough friction to stop me falling off the mountain (which I guess must've been more like a platform with snow and ice on it).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My former neurology professor (ILE or EIE) said it was very strange that I had dreams which I was not even in. I cannot say that I was the observer; I simply was not there and it was as if watching a movie or God looking down onto the dreamscape.
    Surtout, pas trop de zèle.

Creepy-Cyclops

I don't sleep so I don't dream so I don't wake up frightened.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dreams are epic, fascinating, and meaningful. They're a big part of why I like sleeping.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love sleeping and I love dreaming. And I love it when I remember my dreams, tho it isn't that often. Once I dreamed I was falling in an elevator and I knew I was going to die and I did! (in the dream) I just felt pressure of having been smashed in the elevator, but no pain, and then I woke up.

I told my kids about that dream and they were like whoa Mommy that's weird. lol
    IEI-Fe 4w3

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

everything is really big in my dreams, but the details are more than a little fuzzy... colours can be exaggerated .. and "weird".. sometimes things are missing .. like there's this "black thing" which i can't go below .. and it's a floor .. but you can't see the floor you can just feel it.

sometimes objects move around, sometimes people have these huge emotions are kind of like balls of light and energy and life.

umm, sometimes there are wars .. and fights. . people dying .. being born again . .hiding .. coming out of nowhere etc.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have dreams about my life, but everything is very rich in colors and I notice that the people in my dreams change from moment to moment. They are sometimes about some sexual liaison I have which I would never have the balls to attempt in real life, or just about crazy things happening that I don't think is very crazy until I wake up.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The worst dream I had was this one where a woman was chasing me through this white maze of corridors until she finally cornered me on a bunkbed and stabbed me to death. :0 Then I came back to life and the chase started all over again .. and I knew that I would eventually be killed again. This was repeated over and over until I woke up. lol Generally, my dreams are pretty tame and ordinary .. about people I know .. but their looks are usually swapped around. Like I'll know that my dream was about so-and-so even though he looked like some other person I know.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These days almost the only time I dream is when I'm lucid dreaming, in which case I'm not really sleeping. I basically don't sleep properly. So I rarely dream.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to dream alot. Every night a vivid dream.

It got to the point where I had a number of dream worlds with a nexus world. I'd go from the nexus into a portal to a dream world. Sometimes I went back to the same world and something else would happen.

Some dream worlds were fun and lively.

Others consisted of the scariest shit I have ever seen and i dont like to think of them.

Those are the portals I sealed.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My dreams generally come in sets of two, with some part of the first dream included in the second. Sometimes I don't know whether I'm dreaming, so I ask someone. I just realized-people always tell the truth in my dreams! My dreams have color, but no sound. They're bizarre, and I love them. I used to write them down. Sometimes, when I'm half awake, something will happen in a dream that I dislike, so I rewind the dream and try again. The same thing happens, I rewind again, and get stuck in a brocken record until I wake up. That's really annoying.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dream a lot, too. I had a few weird dreams in which I talked with my dog , lol . It wasn't anything weird at the time I talked to her .

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by forgetmenot View Post
    I dream a lot, too. I had a few weird dreams in which I talked with my dog , lol . It wasn't anything weird at the time I talked to her .
    Had that with a horse. Couldn't work out if it was a yeah or a neigh though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Had that with a horse. Couldn't work out if it was a yeah or a neigh though.
    Maybe that's the dual thing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am quite entertained by my dreams. They always have elements about them that distinguish them from reality, but I usually just accept it. "Oh, I'm on the third floor but there are no stairs to the second floor? Guess I'll have to climb out a window."

I often find myself flying, but usually just at a walking pace, and I'm very often naked. I've read somewhere that these things mean something, but I'm not really concerned with that - just that it's annoying when some rational thought pops up connecting the dream to the way the waking world is, and I either fall or get embarrassed. I'd rather just continue to enjoy my leisurely midair nudity, thank you!

Things change constantly, from the look of the setting, to the characters, to myself, to the action. And I always just go with it. There's almost never any sense of "Hey, what happened to those 6-foot-tall purple flowers?" or "Weren't you a boy just a second ago?" I often know things that I shouldn't, like what another character is thinking or what happened two years ago in this very spot.

Lastly, and possibly most interesting to me, is that even though I'm not a lucid dreamer in the sense of being aware that I'm dreaming while I am, as soon as I awaken, there is no emotional carryover. I can be scared shitless and wake up and neither be still scared nor even relieved that it wasn't real. I can have witnessed someone dying and be heartbroken and wake up and the world is OK. It took me some time as a kid to figure out that some people are quite disturbed by their dreams!

A few nights ago I had a dream where the town I was in was being invaded by semi-liquid aliens. If they could reach an orifice on you, they'd take you over (apparently they couldn't pass through the pores on our skin?). I escaped by hopping a ride on a flying horse buggy, which started circling this strange mall where the signs for the stores all rotated and were painted like the ads for an old circus sideshow. Then suddenly I was in a highbrow nightclub holding a styrofoam cup with a teabag steeping in it, and the group was telling me to just set it down and go with the photographer already. But it was obvious the photographer wanted to have sex with me, and I was thinking about how I have an SO ... and apparently this too-near-to-reality bit of information snapped me into wakefulness.

Oh, I just remembered, sometimes I'll have a dream where at some point in the night the whole thing will start over. And as I go back through all the stuff that's already happened, I'm aware that I could do something different, but I usually do things the same. If something turns out different, my dream self gets anxious about what else will change from that point on, but it never alters the rest of the events majorly. Sometimes I'll go through the same dream a half dozen times before waking up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

Creepy-Diana

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, Director Abbie, your posts (in general) always make me smile. how can you really be my conflictor??
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    yes, Director Abbie, your posts (in general) always make me smile. how can you really be my conflictor??
    We're so different, we're amusing. I worked with an IEI for a while. I thought her work habits absurd, and sometimes contradictory. She was humerous for the mostpart, but she was my superior.

The bad part about working with her: every time she tried to explain something to me, she carefully explained everything I already knew and quickly skipped through what I needed to learn. I kept trying to tell her I didn't want her to teach me anything. The SEE could explain it. She just told me to listen.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    We're so different, we're amusing. I worked with an IEI for a while. I thought her work habits absurd, and sometimes contradictory. She was humerous for the mostpart, but she was my superior.

The bad part about working with her: every time she tried to explain something to me, she carefully explained everything I already knew and quickly skipped through what I needed to learn. I kept trying to tell her I didn't want her to teach me anything. The SEE could explain it. She just told me to listen.
    I have absurd work habits also. haha
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I do ever dream, which is quite rare, it's usually just some ordinary setting from real life where there are people from different parts of my life at the same time. Like driving down the road with my brother who lives in Tennessee, a friend from when I lived in Arizona, and my roomie from here in Oregon. We'll just be hanging out or something and then I'll notice that the people in my dream shouldn't know eachother and the dream will end when i wake up and say "wtf." and then go back to sleep. My dreams are always different but usually have something like this happening in them, it's weird.