Thread: why do people think I am Ti-INTj?

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default why do people think I am Ti-INTj?

i must admit though working in close quarters with an ISFj for a long time has changed my behavior considerably, but i'm wondering why people whom i've chatted with think this.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i actually thought you were maybe a Ne one, not that i am bonkers about subtypes.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    i actually thought you were maybe a Ne one, not that i am bonkers about subtypes.
    Yeah, me too. (but I am bonkers about subtypes)
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

I lack data to tell either subtype. And I'm kinda neutral about subtypes
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    yeah, i think some people in the stickam think im Ti INTj.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

most people find these very useful:

LII Subtypes

Intuitive subtype: (The Researcher)

(Valentina Meged & Anatoly Ovcharov) The intuitive subtype appears a bit uncertain, and even soft, in dialogue. Not always absolute in statements, but obstinate and uncompromising in their actions. May keep silent, refrain from discussion, but their opinion will not change. Their latent emotions become visible during moments of extreme nervous pressure within intonations of their voice and impulsive gestures. In conversation are constrained, pay close attention to the interlocutor in order to give advice and to impress with their knowledge and conclusions; in such cases their serious demeanor is softened and goodwill penetrates their voice. Gait is quiet, synchronous, movements, on the contrary, are a little slow and nervous.. Pose appears restrained, gestures are avaricious and constrained, occasionally are unconsciously impulsive and badly coordinated.

Logical subtype: (The Systemizer)

(Valentina Meged & Anatoly Ovcharov) The logical subtype is usually quiet, serious and constrained, are often uncompromising, even categorical, in their judgments. When they are not interested by the theme of a conversation they remain silent and severe, however, this cold demeanor is difficult to sustain. If the interlocutor behaves disdainfully they can be put in their place. Able to clearly and laconically, without superfluous emotions, express their ideas; does not enjoy long discussions. Spend lots of time in reflection: analyzing and comparing various phenomena, figures and facts. Give the impression of a strong-willed person. Lips are densely compressed, speech precise, abrupt, but their voices are not deep with varying intonations. Facial expression makes them seem as if they’ve recently awoke from sleep; internal emotions are reflected in unexpected and impulsive movements of muscles.

Retrieved from "http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=LII_subtypes"

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I would say that it's because you seem more collected than other supposed INTjs - but reading the subtype descriptions, I don't believe I could choose between the two for you.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does it matter what your subtype is? I thought it was a tool for identifying someone's type.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post
    subtype may be useful for categorizing variations within a type and distinguishing between "borderline" cases. but there are a number of interpretations where they affect intertype relationships, too.
    It sounds interesting. What is exactly a "borderline" case?
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

subtype may be useful for categorizing variations within a type and distinguishing between "borderline" cases.
    That's circular. That's like saying "subtypes are useful for distinguishing subtypes". I suspect you don't mean this - what do you actually mean?

but there are a number of interpretations where they affect intertype relationships, too.
    In a positive or negative fashion?

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you express physical attraction more so than the Ne subtypes seem to.
    ?? lol. nice that you excluded the last sentence from this, otherwise i would have been confused. ? is this trait something more commonly found in Ti sub?