Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 45

Thread: Attitudes toward what's important in driving and safety

  1. #1
    tereg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    EII/INFj
    Posts
    4,684
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Attitudes toward what's important in driving and safety

    - I want to get as far away from idiot drivers as possible as quickly as possible so that they don't impede me where I need to go.
    - A car that isn't comfortable or isn't a smooth ride or doesn't feel safe is not a car I want to drive. I don't want to have to think about those things because it takes my focus away from the road.
    - Anticipation is key. Assume that someone might do something stupid and prepare yourself for it.
    - If I depart during times of heavy traffic congestion, then I'm just asking for trouble. The key is to understand when to drive and when not to drive, understand the trends of how traffic works.
    - I need to keep my emotions under control and not succumb to road rage so as to not lose control of the vehicle or otherwise negatively affect how I'm driving. I also need to make sure I'm not negatively affecting the emotions of other drivers [e.g. driving too slow and irritating the drivers behind you] to avoid any trouble. If someone does me a favor, I'll give them a smile to show I appreciate it.
    - Everybody must wear seat belts and I want there to be as little commotion and distraction as possible so I can concentrate.
    - If I can avoid the major highways and roads and take side roads to cut time, then double bonus. I get there more quickly, more efficiently and I have the added bonus of not sitting in heavy traffic.
    - The traffic rules need to be followed.
    Last edited by tereg; 01-24-2009 at 07:26 PM.
    INFj

    9w1 sp/sx

  2. #2
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    nice!

  3. #3
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Out of those I probably Ni and Te the most with some Si thrown in.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  4. #4
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The one is pretty shallow. I don't care about how my car looks, as long as I can do the and things on a daily basis.

    I like the one too.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  5. #5
    tereg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    EII/INFj
    Posts
    4,684
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    The one is pretty shallow. I don't care about how my car looks, as long as I can do the and things on a daily basis.

    I like the one too.
    I couldn't think of a better one that incorporated safety. :-/ I tried though.
    INFj

    9w1 sp/sx

  6. #6
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't think has anything to do with driving. Maybe singing to the radio or something.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  7. #7
    tereg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    EII/INFj
    Posts
    4,684
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    But motivation in driving, that's a different story, as I've tried to illustrate in the original post.
    INFj

    9w1 sp/sx

  8. #8
    tereg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    EII/INFj
    Posts
    4,684
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That's good, that fits pretty well in my mind.

    Edit: I'm going to edit the first post and use that, if that's all right with you.
    INFj

    9w1 sp/sx

  9. #9
    Creepy-Diana

    Default

    .

  10. #10
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,626
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, I can't see how one wouldn't think about what's considered as being under
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  11. #11
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    cool post. probably wouldn't of thought of this myself
    INTp

  12. #12
    Creepy-

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    - I want to get as far away from idiot drivers as possible as quickly as possible so that they don't impede me where I need to go.
    - A car that isn't comfortable or isn't a smooth ride or doesn't feel safe is not a car I want to drive. I don't want to have to think about those things because it takes my focus away from the road.
    - Anticipation is key. Assume that someone might do something stupid and prepare yourself for it.
    - If I depart during times of heavy traffic congestion, then I'm just asking for trouble. The key is to understand when to drive and when not to drive, understand the trends of how traffic works.
    - I need to keep my emotions under control and not succumb to road rage so as to not lose control of the vehicle or otherwise negatively affect how I'm driving. I also need to make sure I'm not negatively affecting the emotions of other drivers [e.g. driving too slow and irritating the drivers behind you] to avoid any trouble. If someone does me a favor, I'll give them a smile to show I appreciate it.
    - Everybody must wear seat belts and I want there to be as little commotion and distraction as possible so I can concentrate.
    - If I can avoid the major highways and roads and take side roads to cut time, then double bonus. I get there more quickly, more efficiently and I have the added bonus of not sitting in heavy traffic.
    - The traffic rules need to be followed.
    Nicely done, tereg. I was going to put the ones I identify w in bold, but that would be all of them except Ti and most of Fe. Eh, I guess I'm half-kidding about the Ti bit, though

    I love driving.

  13. #13
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    - I want to get as far away from idiot drivers as possible as quickly as possible so that they don't impede me where I need to go.
    - A car that isn't comfortable or isn't a smooth ride or doesn't feel safe is not a car I want to drive. I don't want to have to think about those things because it takes my focus away from the road.
    - Anticipation is key. Assume that someone might do something stupid and prepare yourself for it.
    - If I depart during times of heavy traffic congestion, then I'm just asking for trouble. The key is to understand when to drive and when not to drive, understand the trends of how traffic works.
    - I need to keep my emotions under control and not succumb to road rage so as to not lose control of the vehicle or otherwise negatively affect how I'm driving. I also need to make sure I'm not negatively affecting the emotions of other drivers [e.g. driving too slow and irritating the drivers behind you] to avoid any trouble. If someone does me a favor, I'll give them a smile to show I appreciate it.
    - Everybody must wear seat belts and I want there to be as little commotion and distraction as possible so I can concentrate.
    - If I can avoid the major highways and roads and take side roads to cut time, then double bonus. I get there more quickly, more efficiently and I have the added bonus of not sitting in heavy traffic.
    - The traffic rules need to be followed.
    I identify with Te and Ne and to a point Ni one. More so Si as well these days. I previously used to enjoy driving cars that didn't quite seem as safe as I enjoyed the challenge and thought it was cool.

  14. #14
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I love driving and I'm totally all about .

    It's weird, I'd say my ESE husband is more here than anything else. (He is also and )
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  15. #15
    ILE - ENTp 1981slater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Spain
    TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Posts
    4,866
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default x

    all this doesn't fit Michael Schumacher (ISTj)!!!!!
    (his "creative " made him famous)

    http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=wiEY3MWPGnU

    http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=PtnZFrvfxNU
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

    To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

  16. #16
    what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Space
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    12,802
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nice. Ni fits me very well.

    Funny enough, I have the most problems with Te and Si (aka, driving around with a flat tire or something else wrong with my car until some random person on the road lets me know about the problem or tells me I should really get it fixed)
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

  17. #17
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I do that too actually. Not good.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  18. #18
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Two things annoy me beyond belief when I drive...

    ==============================================

    1) Bad Merging;

    Bad communication
    (not signaling or looking before you merge)

    Indecisiveness
    (not being able to decide if you want to go in front or behind the driver you are merging with)

    Not moving with the flow well
    (driving onto an on ramp at 70mph when the traffic is gummed up and barely moving at 10mph. That; or changing lanes at 10mph under the speed limit causing everyone to slam on there brakes)

    -----------------------------------------

    2) Not Yielding Right;

    A Yield Sign is a Stop Sign
    (arriving at a yield sign and slowing down or stopping because you didn't plan ahead and look what the traffic was doing and freaked out, so you stopped to take a lengthy look at the situation while messing my flow up behind you - Plus now its almost impossible to enter traffic since I have to accelerate)

    A Yield Sign is NOT a Stop Sign
    (so you go through it, you don't need to stop - so why stop! - its that simple, don't worry though I'll move for you because I don't want to get into an accident - but make sure when I get out of the way you glare at me like I did something wrong)

    ================================================== ===

    Which functions are most like this?

  19. #19
    Currently God Brilliand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    4,246
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    A Yield Sign is NOT a Stop Sign
    (so you go through it, you don't need to stop - so why stop! - its that simple, don't worry though I'll move for you because I don't want to get into an accident - but make sure when I get out of the way you glare at me like I did something wrong)
    I'm having trouble deciding how to interpret this. It doesn't seem to make sense as serious or as sarcasm.



    LII-Ne

    "Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

    Johari

  20. #20
    Creepy-male

    Default

    I understand its difficult to understand what I am refering to since I use (a yeild sign is a stop sign then a yeild sign is not a stop sign) but the point is a yeild sign is a yeild sign withs its own seperate realm and meaning and procedure without reference to stop signs.

    But for the record I was being sarcastic....

    To be straight about it, I hate how people will drive straight through yeild signs and it forces you to adjust - like move to another lane or speed up or slow down. The point of a yeild sign is to yeild the right of way to the other traffic - which means the other traffic you are yeilding to should be able to move free of ever even thinking about you at that yeild sign - your supposed to move around them.

    The icing on the cake (once again sarcasm) is when you don't adjust and the person yeilding is forced to slam on there brakes or take evase action and they look at you like they just saw you clubbing baby seals to death, when it was so clearly their mistake not yours.

  21. #21
    tereg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    EII/INFj
    Posts
    4,684
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    2) Not Yielding Right;

    A Yield Sign is a Stop Sign
    (arriving at a yield sign and slowing down or stopping because you didn't plan ahead and look what the traffic was doing and freaked out, so you stopped to take a lengthy look at the situation while messing my flow up behind you - Plus now its almost impossible to enter traffic since I have to accelerate)

    A Yield Sign is NOT a Stop Sign
    (so you go through it, you don't need to stop - so why stop! - its that simple, don't worry though I'll move for you because I don't want to get into an accident - but make sure when I get out of the way you glare at me like I did something wrong)
    TRC §545.151. VEHICLE APPROACHING OR ENTERING INTERSECTION.

    (a) An operator approaching an intersection: (1) shall stop, yield, and grant immediate use of the intersection in obedience to an official traffic control device including a stop sign or yield right-of-way sign; and (2) after stopping, may proceed when the intersection can be safely entered without interference or collision with traffic using a different street or roadway.
    I believe in either situation the car behind is responsible regardless of how the person at the yield sign handles it since it is a driver control issue.
    INFj

    9w1 sp/sx

  22. #22
    tereg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    EII/INFj
    Posts
    4,684
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've long held this idea that one reveals a lot of their personality by the way they drive. I've never really developed it any further than a hypothesis.

    In any case, the thing that pisses me off by far is hyper-aggressive driving. I'm talking stuff like this: you're on a two-lane highway (not a freeway) going about 60 in moderate to heavy traffic in the left lane of the two. Traffic conditions are such that the right line is moving at roughly the same speed as the left. The car in front of you, about 3-4 seconds in front of you in the left lane is driving right alongside the car in the right lane. A flashy car approaches you from behind very rapidly. As he approaches you, he realizes that his lane is not advancing faster than the right lane, so he switches lanes to the right still going roughly the same speed. Suddenly, the car in the left lane in front of you starts to drive faster than the car they have been driving alongside in the right lane. The car that has just moved into the right lane from behind you no doubt sees this and without signaling cuts in front of you and then cuts in front of the car in the right lane or is forced to stay in the left lane in front of you because of various traffic conditions that would not allow the person in the flashy car to advance any further.

    Fucking hate that shit.

    We're at a red light now. I hope saving less than 2 seconds was worth your escapade. Fucking idiot.

    Basically I just have pent up anger from a build up of feeling like I get taken advantage of by more aggressive drivers, so when someone gets on my shit list and I'm not under control, I'd use maneuvers to box hyper-aggressive drivers in or cause them to slam on their brakes from tailgating literally right behind me at 70 mph in heavier traffic. Basically preventing them from getting in front of me. But I feel guilty for letting someone like that get under my skin and reacting to them because obviously I shouldn't and I put other people in danger when I do.

    Other things:

    A car behind me that follows me through a stop sign on a one-lane road then proceeds to tailgate me soon after.

    In heavier traffic situations when there is a long line turning onto oncoming traffic like a highway, I'm on the highway, and I see one car dart out and then the car right behind presumably because they've been waiting for oh so long decides to shoot through the stop sign forcing me to slow down, almost slam on my brakes to prevent hitting them.


    Anyway I digress. I've always been big on anticipation. Anticipating the little things that happen during a trip. Like that car that approaches from behind, I can predict with good accuracy what they are about to do. Anticipating drivers who are thinking about merging or switching lanes. Anticipating traffic signal changes, the pedestrians who are about to cross who don't see you yet. Anticipate and prepare (have an action ready) for anything that might happen.

    This thread came about one day last week when I was driving home from work and I was thinking about when I was working on my driver's license one aspect they'd emphasize was anticipation and how that always stuck with me. Then I started to think about the different approaches people have about driving and then thinking about correlating them to IM elements.
    INFj

    9w1 sp/sx

  23. #23
    Creepy-male

    Default

    yea I don't like aggresive driving either; its hard to define that out though - it always intrigues me how people drive very competitively without even noticing it. Alot of times you'll speed up to change lanes or maneuver somewhere and the driver next to you will begin to speed up alongside as if you are challenging them when all you care about is just getting to point B from A.

    Also what was your point with the whole "TRC §545.151. VEHICLE APPROACHING OR ENTERING INTERSECTION. " -- thats not for a yield sign thats for a vechile approaching or entering an intersection and that really doesn't apply in every situation alot of time if u've driven on a highway with feeder roads that just have stop signs - I've NEVER seen anyone stop to clear the intersection because the people on the highway know they have the right of way to that feeder road. I think that peice of law is just going over to drivers how to safely clear an intersection - not how to properly deal with a yeild sign.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yield_sign

  24. #24
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have only been driving for a few months and I have already gotten in 5 or 6 near accidents. All of them have been close, but none have actually turned out where I wrecked my car. Most of them happened when I pulled out right in front of a car traveling on a large road. I am wondering if Ni dominant types are prone to being terrible drivers. Are you other Ni types terrible at driving?
    INTp

  25. #25
    Currently God Brilliand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    4,246
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat View Post
    I have only been driving for a few months and I have already gotten in 5 or 6 near accidents. All of them have been close, but none have actually turned out where I wrecked my car. Most of them happened when I pulled out right in front of a car traveling on a large road. I am wondering if Ni dominant types are prone to being terrible drivers. Are you other Ni types terrible at driving?
    Intuition can be problematic, due to not paying attention to the road.



    LII-Ne

    "Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

    Johari

  26. #26
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I dunno, I'm a good driver. My ESE husband failed his first driver's test and had to take it over again. Plus I learned on a stick shift and I had to teach my husband how to drive one after we were married because we only owned one car: mine, and it was a stick. hahaha (I love that story)
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  27. #27
    tereg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    EII/INFj
    Posts
    4,684
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    yea I don't like aggresive driving either; its hard to define that out though - it always intrigues me how people drive very competitively without even noticing it. Alot of times you'll speed up to change lanes or maneuver somewhere and the driver next to you will begin to speed up alongside as if you are challenging them when all you care about is just getting to point B from A.

    Also what was your point with the whole "TRC §545.151. VEHICLE APPROACHING OR ENTERING INTERSECTION. " -- thats not for a yield sign thats for a vechile approaching or entering an intersection and that really doesn't apply in every situation alot of time if u've driven on a highway with feeder roads that just have stop signs - I've NEVER seen anyone stop to clear the intersection because the people on the highway know they have the right of way to that feeder road. I think that peice of law is just going over to drivers how to safely clear an intersection - not how to properly deal with a yeild sign.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yield_sign
    In the state of Texas -- http://tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us/statutes....000544.00.htm

    TRANSPORTATION CODE

    TITLE 7. VEHICLES AND TRAFFIC

    SUBTITLE C. RULES OF THE ROAD

    CHAPTER 544. TRAFFIC SIGNS, SIGNALS, AND MARKINGS


    ...


    Sec. 544.010. STOP SIGNS AND YIELD SIGNS. (a) Unless directed to proceed by a police officer or traffic-control signal, the operator of a vehicle or streetcar approaching an intersection with a stop sign shall stop as provided by Subsection (c).
    (b) If safety requires, the operator of a vehicle approaching a yield sign shall stop as provided by Subsection (c).
    (c) An operator required to stop by this section shall stop before entering the crosswalk on the near side of the intersection. In the absence of a crosswalk, the operator shall stop at a clearly marked stop line. In the absence of a stop line, the operator shall stop at the place nearest the intersecting roadway where the operator has a view of approaching traffic on the intersecting roadway.

    Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995.

    I think this varies from state to state. Just like left/right turns at red lights vary from state to state.
    INFj

    9w1 sp/sx

  28. #28
    Creepy-

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat View Post
    I am wondering if Ni dominant types are prone to being terrible drivers. Are you other Ni types terrible at driving?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    Intuition can be problematic, due to not paying attention to the road.
    Yes - in my experience this is often true...

    Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I dunno, I'm a good driver.
    ... but not always, of course.

    I've also noticed that Ni types who consider themselves good drivers are [maddeningly] cccaaaarrrreeefffuuullll drivers, except when they forget to be

  29. #29
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    ... but not always, of course.

    I've also noticed that Ni types who consider themselves good drivers are [maddeningly] cccaaaarrrreeefffuuullll drivers, except when they forget to be
    aren't you funny. hmph. the only time I'm not a good driver is when my best friend is in the car with me, distracting me. But that's not very often.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  30. #30
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Lol I've driven a long time in texas and I know you don't have to stop at yeild signs, plus that section is entitled stop and yeild signs so its still really ambiguous.

  31. #31
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I pay awesome attention when I drive.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  32. #32

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    890
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    - Anticipation is key. Assume that someone might do something stupid and prepare yourself for it.

    - The traffic rules need to be followed.
    Wow, definitely Ne! Glad you had my method in there!!

    I *assume* Ti - yes, even out in the middle of nowhere at 4:44am, the rules should be obeyed.

    But first and foremost, I prepare for all possibly surprising acts of human stupidity, mechanical vehicle malfunction, or other physical, naturally occurring phenomenon which might interrupt the otherwise predictable consequences of FOLLOWING THE RULES OF THE ROAD.

    I can also relate to Fe, but overcame "road rage" within the first few months of driving. Courtesy is expected and appreciated. I hate aggressive driving - so inconsiderate. But on the opposite end of the spectrum, being overcautious can also present a hazard. There's a happy middle ground somewhere in there.

  33. #33
    I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Behind you
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Posts
    4,956
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat View Post
    I have only been driving for a few months and I have already gotten in 5 or 6 near accidents. All of them have been close, but none have actually turned out where I wrecked my car. Most of them happened when I pulled out right in front of a car traveling on a large road. I am wondering if Ni dominant types are prone to being terrible drivers. Are you other Ni types terrible at driving?
    You should just accelerate off the line quicker.

  34. #34
    jughead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NC
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    883
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Bad drivers I know in terms of Si:enfp
    Speeder:entp
    Wrecks:intp

  35. #35
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    - People who don't drive the customary +5mph over—if the sign says 40mph zone, it means go 45mph (cops here aren't legally allowed to ticket you for anything ≤5mph over the posted limit).
    - People who plod along as if they're the only ones on the road and fuck up the flow of traffic. I'm convinced that slow drivers like this are the cause of most accidents.
    - People talking on their cell phones while "driving." If you can't sufficiently multitask for this, get off your phone.
    - People who don't use their blinkers. Not keeping other drivers informed of your intentions is extremely rude and dangerous.
    You're gonna have a ball when my dad's driving.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  36. #36
    tereg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    EII/INFj
    Posts
    4,684
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Looking back to my OP, while I think they each fit their specific IM element to a degree, I feel they are a bit narrow and specialized in that they're only describing one aspect of the driving experience through those specific IM elements. I think you could very easily describe other attitudes and have it work.

    Like for instance, a subtle difference between what I described in and a statement being made about how people or obstacles prevent them from getting to their destination. I think an annoying thing for people of the point of view is more focused on the obstacles or people preventing them from getting to their destination in the efficiency they expect. The point of view is more about like, "Stupid people, get out of my way, I've got somewhere I need/want to be"

    I think can be expanded not just in when to leave to go drive and when not to leave, but I think it can obviously be applied while driving as well -- understanding specific things that happen on the road that cause fluctuations in the trends of traffic and they way that person might react/respond to those things they observe.
    INFj

    9w1 sp/sx

  37. #37
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    - The traffic rules need to be followed.
    Not true. Ti is above all else concerned with the justification for rules. Rules themselves are immaterial and have no value of their own. INTjs are chacteristically described as ignoring rules that don't suit them in the Gulenko descriptions.

  38. #38
    tereg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    EII/INFj
    Posts
    4,684
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Should I rephrase it to say like "The rules of the road were made with people's safety in mind, and they should be followed to uphold that"?
    INFj

    9w1 sp/sx

  39. #39
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It goes deeper than that. Ideally a Ti type wound want to check whether the rules are really warranted, but when you're driving in a car there is no time for that. So to some extent you would make an assumption as to why the rules were created and how trustworthy they are, but this is something done reluctantly and not really characteristic of Ti. The results of doing so can also vary.

  40. #40
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    Not true. Ti is above all else concerned with the justification for rules. Rules themselves are immaterial and have no value of their own. INTjs are chacteristically described as ignoring rules that don't suit them in the Gulenko descriptions.
    this is true of SeTis also.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •