Thread: An example of Fi blast

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default An example of Fi blast

Morgan Freeman (Ne INFj) comes down hard and it seems inescapable in a Fi way.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Morgan Freeman (Ne INFj) comes down hard and it seems inescapable in a Fi way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO214IFRW1M
    "I'm going to stop calling you a white man, and I'm going to ask you to stop calling me a black man. I know you as Mike Wallace; you know me as Morgan Freeman." Morgan Freeman kicks ass.

Your PoLR is Fi right, Steve? What do you think when you encounter something like that [not on this topic, necessarily, but an Fi-based argument]?

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That video was so awesome.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem is that its not a bad argument. If you agree it won't matter what type you are.

Its when Fi's make bad arguments and won't give up on them thats the problem.
    The end is nigh

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    Its when people make bad arguments and won't give up on them that's the problem.
    Fixed

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    "I'm going to stop calling you a white man, and I'm going to ask you to stop calling me a black man. I know you as Mike Wallace; you know me as Morgan Freeman." Morgan Freeman kicks ass.

Your PoLR is Fi right, Steve? What do you think when you encounter something like that [not on this topic, necessarily, but an Fi-based argument]?
    Yeah, I mean I thought he made the point really well and agree with what he says. But the way it's presented is in a very startling, sobering way. Fi blasts like that, when directed at me, usually make me freeze in my tracks and I don't really know how to respond to it, so I just hear it out. It feels like a freeze cannon of "stop, listen this is how it is". This happens particularly with INFjs more so than ENFps, because the IJs have that contained control vibe. The same probably applies with ESFps and ISFjs, but I haven't had as much experience with them.

My instinctual response if it's Fi that I disagree with is to try to turn the judgment into something external and attack the external bases of it, trying to show how they have no place to make the judgment (countering it with Ti). With INFjs, since they supervise me, they're essentially looking at the same Ne/Si experiential context as me but bringing out a judgment on it that under-hands me. Whereas with ISFjs it's more of a symmetrical relationship.

Freeman is 9w1 btw.

Creepy-

Yeah, I mean I thought he made the point really well and agree with what he says. But the way it's presented is in a very startling, sobering way. Fi blasts like that, when directed at me, usually make me freeze in my tracks and I don't really know how to respond to it, so I just hear it out. It feels like a freeze cannon of "stop, listen this is how it is". This happens particularly with INFjs more so than ENFps, because the IJs have that contained control vibe. The same probably applies with ESFps and ISFjs, but I haven't had as much experience with them.

My instinctual response if it's Fi that I disagree with is to try to turn the judgment into something external and attack the external bases of it, trying to show how they have no place to make the judgment (countering it with Ti). With INFjs, since they supervise me, they're essentially looking at the same Ne/Si experiential context as me but bringing out a judgment on it that under-hands me. Whereas with ISFjs it's more of a symmetrical relationship.
    What if, like here, you agree w the point - I'm curious about how it would be framed in a Ti way. How would you phrase it if you were setting out to say essentially the same thing?

I don't know whether my question makes sense, but if it does then I'd be really interested in seeing the differences.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's another example of Fi undertones:

Carter is Fi INFj. I notice that the Fi INFjs have a more refined quality to Fi, while someone like Morgan Freeman will throw it around more and lace it along with his Ne mode. Freeman's delivery is much more raw compared to Carter's.

I love what he says though. He totally pwns the bullshit that's been misconstrued in our media about that topic.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if, like here, you agree w the point - I'm curious about how it would be framed in a Ti way. How would you phrase it if you were setting out to say essentially the same thing?

I don't know whether my question makes sense, but if it does then I'd be really interested in seeing the differences.
    Well, I'd probably phrase it like this

freemanimp2.WAV - 0.05MB

But seriously, hm lets see...

If I was in his position, in response to the question "What do you think about black history month?" I may have answered:

"I don't see the point. We're taking the history of one skin color and squeezing it into one month? Why isn't there a white history month? Why isn't there a Jewish history month? My history is your history. Designating one month to black history just furthers society's seeing blacks as separate with "their history". I believe in moving toward unity, "Our history" not "My history" or "Your history".

The way I wrote that seems Ti because it kind of sums things up into these kind of external rules "this is what black history month does" and built around that central concept. It's not exactly that simplistic, but I believe that example points to the greater feel behind it. You prolly can see what I'm talking about.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morgan Freeman kicks ass.
    That's an understatement... MORGAN FREEMAN RULEZ!
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always agreed with what he was getting at.

Creepy-

Well, I'd probably phrase it like this

freemanimp2.WAV - 0.05MB

But seriously, hm lets see...

If I was in his position, in response to the question "What do you think about black history month?" I may have answered:

"I don't see the point. We're taking the history of one skin color and squeezing it into one month? Why isn't there a white history month? Why isn't there a Jewish history month? My history is your history. Designating one month to black history just furthers society's seeing blacks as separate with "their history". I believe in moving toward unity, "Our history" not "My history" or "Your history".

The way I wrote that seems Ti because it kind of sums things up into these kind of external rules "this is what black history month does" and built around that central concept. It's not exactly that simplistic, but I believe that example points to the greater feel behind it. You prolly can see what I'm talking about.
    Thanks for that - I can see what you're getting at there.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for that - I can see what you're getting at there.
    np