TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What happened here?

http://the16types.info/vbulletin/sho...d=1#post482561

Looks like I freaked myself out by using . What does this portend? Can anyone give this phenomenon its proper place in the system?

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well glancing at it, and seeing your own words (of your own experience), yeah, when you use Fi as an INTj you might feel freaked. your response would seem to want to act from your ego when questioned and you can't when you must explain Fi, since it's not what its nature is to be.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    well glancing at it, and seeing your own words (of your own experience), yeah, when you use Fi as an INTj you might feel freaked. your response would seem to want to act from your ego when questioned and you can't when you must explain Fi, since it's not what its nature is to be.
    Interesting that it was conscious this time - I actually knew that was coming up far more often than I liked, and I couldn't seem to edge any in. (Well, I did think of a bizarre assumption that would do it - "whatever is best to do, you must do that.") One thing I didn't notice until after making this thread, though - that last word "truly" - I don't like that word. I feel that it's devoid of content and serves only to discredit sentences that don't use it themselves - or at least I did. Actually, my best friend uses it constantly, for some sort of Feeling reason ( probably, but I'm not sure). If it was , then that means that at that point I had covered both Feeling elements and had no idea what I was doing... ha ha.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couldn't it have just as easily been Ti? Being that assumedly you use Ti to construct your belief system?
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from my own experience i have gotten freaked before when i've had an unexplainable feeling towards a person, when that takes precedence. my best friend who is INFj, also expressed she feels very strange when asked to quantify or explain relations, like when she had to on a class assignment (she's in grad school).

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Couldn't it have just as easily been Ti? Being that assumedly you use Ti to construct your belief system?
    I suppose I may have mistaken for , and freaked out over my perceived actions not matching my perceived type. What alarmed me wasn't the subject matter itself, but that the things I was typing didn't match my image of myself.

As for the belief itself - yeah, I probably did reach it with . It wasn't about any particular person, but about what people in general should do.

So, maybe I simply misinterpreted my actions. I'd like to get a clearer idea of the difference between a decision about how people should behave and an decision about how people should behave. Or is the difference only in how it is reached?

tuturututu - I don't see how what you're saying is relevant, so I'll refrain from trying to think it through and come up with an answer.

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari