Thread: SLEs/ESTps what's your perfect birthday like?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SLEs/ESTps what's your perfect birthday like?

It's my SLE fiance's bday today, and I want to do something special, but don’t know wut. As we’re eachother super-ego’s, I fear things I think he may appreciate, he really may not.

So I wanted to get an idea from anyone here who can help 

On my bday, he told me he’d take me anywhere I wanted. I really had wanted him to plan something. Now, on his, I want so badly to show him I care and plan something fun, but should I take a hint from him on mine, and just ask him what he wants to do and wing it? That just seems to me to look like I didn’t care enough to plan anything. But how would you interpret it?

In all honesty, I know myself, and I’ll want atleast a back up plan, in case he looks bummed w/ my no plan-ness. What would be an ideal bday? 
    ENFP * IEE *

"You don't have a soul. You have a body. You are a soul."

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh no! A super-ego relationship!? I wish you the best...

It varies from SLE to SLE. I don't like big parties, unless they're in a house, and even then, the attention is superficial. I prefer parties with no occasion. In the end, I'd rather have a few great friends round, a film, beer and a pizza. Lads night in, basically.

Then again, if you asked mercutio what he likes, I bet he'd say a rave.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How flexible can you make things? Can you prepare an event that can become a lads' night in, a rave or nothing at all (so that he can go where he wants to go) at a moment's notice? I suppose the thing to do is to track down a large number of parties that will be on whether he attends or not, and move him around until he likes one - or until he tells you what to do, whichever comes first.

I suppose that the most likely thing to go wrong with that is that you might not be able to get "may or may not attend" rights at a decent number of different kinds of party.

Or would an SLE object to trying suggestion after safe suggestion until something works?

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best thing to do is ask him.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Oh no! A super-ego relationship!? I wish you the best...

It varies from SLE to SLE. I don't like big parties, unless they're in a house, and even then, the attention is superficial. I prefer parties with no occasion. In the end, I'd rather have a few great friends round, a film, beer and a pizza. Lads night in, basically.

Then again, if you asked mercutio what he likes, I bet he'd say a rave.
    You're kind of wrong Ezra.

See, ask him!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sunnycalih View Post
    It's my SLE fiance's bday today, and I want to do something special, but don’t know wut. As we’re eachother super-ego’s, I fear things I think he may appreciate, he really may not.

So I wanted to get an idea from anyone here who can help 

On my bday, he told me he’d take me anywhere I wanted. I really had wanted him to plan something. Now, on his, I want so badly to show him I care and plan something fun, but should I take a hint from him on mine, and just ask him what he wants to do and wing it? That just seems to me to look like I didn’t care enough to plan anything. But how would you interpret it?

In all honesty, I know myself, and I’ll want atleast a back up plan, in case he looks bummed w/ my no plan-ness. What would be an ideal bday? 
    ask him