Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: correct ashtonian typings

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default correct ashtonian typings

it has come to my attention that a number of ashton's typings of forum members inexplicably vary from the stereotypes that generally define the typings that model X derives. this post is an attempt to correct these strange errors and provide the typing that corresponds to the appropriate stereotype. note that these typings apply only to forum members and that a partially new set of stereotypes need be applied in considering typings of famous people. here is the correct ashtonian typing, cross-referenced by other ashtonian typings.

in the typical ashtonian style, no explanation for these typings is given. some of them vary inexplicably from the existing precedents of cross-referencing, but all of them are made with an extremely high level of confidence:

# denotes a benchmark typing, used as a possible archetype of other typings
    * denotes an incorrect typing among the ashtonian brass

Code:
    Ne-ENTp   1981slater
    Ni-INFp   aka-kitsune
    Se-ISFj   allie
    Fi-ENFp   anndelise
    Ti-ENTp   archonalarion
    Ni-ENTj#  ashton
    Si-ISFp*  astralsilky
    Te-ESTj   aut0
    Ni-INFp   baby
    Fe-ISFp   bee
    Fi-INFj*  bionicgoat
    Ti-INTj*  blauritson
    Ti-ENTp   blaze
    Fe-INFp   bulletsanddoves
    Ti-ENTp   burntorange
    Fi-ISFj   calenwen
    Fi-ISFj*  carla
    Fe-INFp*  chibikeba
    Ne-INFj   christyb
    Te-INTp#  cogsci
    Ti-ENTp*  complicater-complexer
    Ti-ENTp*  cone
    Fi-ENFp   consentingadult
    Fi-ISFj#  coolguy89
    Te-ESTj*  cracka
    Ne-INTj*  crazedrat
    Te-ISTp*  cyclops
    Fe-ESFj   dbmmama
    Te-ISTp*  dee
    Fi-INFj   diana
    Ti-INTj   dioklecian
    Te-ESTj#  director abbie
    Ne-INTj*  discojoe
    Se-ESFp   dolphin
    Te-INTp*  drd252
    Ne-ENTp*  eldanen
    Te-ESTj*  electric
    Ni-INFp*  eliphalet
    Ti-ENTp   elro
    Ni-INFp   esper
    Ti-ESTp   ESTP
    Ne-INFj#  eunice
    Te-ESTj   expat
    Te-ESTj   ezra
    Te-ENTj*  FDG
    Si-ISTp*  force my hand
    Fe-INFp   garmonbozia
    Ni-ENFj*  gilly
    Ni-INFp   glamourama
    Si-ISTp   heath
    Ti-ESTp#  herzy
    Ti-INTj#  hitta
    Ti-ENTp   hkkmr
    Ti-ENTp*  hostage child
    Ti-INTj   hugo
    Ti-INTj   huitzilopochtli
    Fe-ISFp*  iannau
    Ti-ISTj   idolatrie
    Ti-INTj   ifmd95
    Ti-ENTp*  implied
    Fe-ENFj   jadae
    Te-ISTp*  jarno
    Ti-INTj   jason_m
    Si-ISFp   jem
    Si-ISTp   jessica129
    Ti-ISTj#  jimbean
    Ne-INTj   jonathan
    Fe-ESFj#  joy
    Ne-ENTp#  jriddy
    Ne-ENFp*  juju
    Ti-ENTp   jxrtes
    Fe-ISFp   kamangir
    Ne-ENFp*  kanerou
    Si-ISTp   kensi
    Fe-ISFp*  khamelion
    Fi-ENFp#  kim
    Ni-INFp   kioshi
    Fe-ENFj*  krae
    Se-ISFj   kristiina
    Ti-INTj   labcoat
    Fe-ISFp*  liveandletlive
    Ti-ENTp*  logos
    Si-ISTp#  lokivanguard
    Ti-INTj   machintruc
    Ti-INTj*  mariano rajoy
    Ne-INTj*  mea
    Ne-ENFp   meatburger
    Se-ESTp   mercutio
    Fi-INFj   minde
    Ni-INFp   misutii
    Ne-ENTp*  mn0good
    Fe-ENFj#  mpiazza000
    Fi-ENFp#  mr saturn
    Ti-INTj   ms kensington
    Ne-INFj   munenori2
    Ti-ENTp*  mysticsonic
    Ne-INTj#  niffweed17
    Fi-ISFj   olga
    Fe-ENFj   onetreehilluver
    Fi-INFj*  oyburger
    Ne-INTj   phaedrus
    Si-ISFp   pinkcanary
    Ni-ENTj   pitbull
    Ti-ISTj   potatospirit
    Ti-ENTp*  quirk satellite div
    Ni-INFp   raisonpure
    Ni-INFp   redbaron
    Ti-INTj*  reyn_til_runa
    Ne-INFj*  rick
    Fi-INFj   ritella
    Fi-ENFp*  ??????
    Te-ISTp   rocky
    Ni-INTp#  sarah
    Fe-INFp   scarlettlux
    Fi-ENFp   slacker mom
    Ti-ENTp   slava
    Se-ESFp*  smccosker
    Te-ESTj   smilingeyes
    Ne-INTj*  snegledmaca
    Si-ISTp   songofsappho
    Ni-INFp#  starfall
    Ti-ENTp#  steve
    Ni-ENFj*  strrrng
    Fi-INFj#  subterranean
    Ti-ENTp   suomea
    Ti-INTj   tcaudilllg
    Ne-INFj*  tereg
    Ti-INTj   thehotelambush
    Si-ISFp#  themime
    Fe-ESFj   timeofurlife42
    Ne-ENFp   tiny dancer
    Te-ESTj   tom
    Ne-INTj   UDP
    Fe-ENFj#  unefille
    Ne-INTj   warlord
    Si-ISTp   winterpark
    Ti-ENTp   XoX
    Ti-INTj   ztcrawcrustle

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do I understand correctly that these typings are only valid within the framework of Model X (meaning one could be a different type in Model A)? I must admit I have no insight into Model X.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why does this matter, HERE, on this forum? He doesn't even post here, MANY people here don't even know who he is... So, with that said... WHY, does anything Ashton ever say or do end up here, on this forum. Why not bring it up in a place where he can actually speak his mind about these things?
    Seriously, there's so much talk about Ashton here, it boggles my mind. I'm willing to bet that he's probably banned from the socionics workshop forum too, right? Where more serious discussion seems to happen... from what I've seen at least (That's just my opinion). My point here, I see no reason for this thread to be brought up here.

Even see in the original post
    it says:
    "in the typical ashtonian style, no explanation for these typings is given."

Here's an idea... bring this up in a place/forum where he's able to post to actually get his explanation instead of just saying he's wrong and doesn't know what he's talking about.

I assure you, I'm not defending his typings or the content of your post in the slightest... It's not my place to do so. Just bringing up the fact that this isn't the first time people say something here to discredit or talk shit about Ashton, who can't even respond and who really has NOTHING to do with this forum. If people really want to deal with Ashton and his socionic typing methods, Socionix is probably much more suited for doing so... at least he's there to counter or agree with your arguments.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    congratulations. you have absolutely failed to understand the post and the context of the post. give yourself a high five.
    congratulations. you have absolutely failed to understand the post and the context of the post. give yourself a high five.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama
    - it is stated there are 6 "information elements" organized into 3 dichotomies (Internal/External, Object/Field, Static/Dynamic)
    What do you mean by this? Doesn't everyone acknowledge these 6 subsets of dichotomies?
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol niff deleted his post
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Why does this matter, HERE, on this forum? He doesn't even post here, MANY people here don't even know who he is... So, with that said... WHY, does anything Ashton ever say or do end up here, on this forum. Why not bring it up in a place where he can actually speak his mind about these things?
    Seriously, there's so much talk about Ashton here, it boggles my mind. I'm willing to bet that he's probably banned from the socionics workshop forum too, right? Where more serious discussion seems to happen... from what I've seen at least (That's just my opinion). My point here, I see no reason for this thread to be brought up here.

it says:

Here's an idea... bring this up in a place/forum where he's able to post to actually get his explanation instead of just saying he's wrong and doesn't know what he's talking about.

I assure you, I'm not defending his typings or the content of your post in the slightest... It's not my place to do so. Just bringing up the fact that this isn't the first time people say something here to discredit or talk shit about Ashton, who can't even respond and who really has NOTHING to do with this forum. If people really want to deal with Ashton and his socionic typing methods, Socionix is probably much more suited for doing so... at least he's there to counter or agree with your arguments.
    Well to be fair, other socionists that don't regularly post here are discussed here: Ganin, Lytov, etc.

I guess I think of Ashton as another person who has their own theories just as other more "well-known" socionists (in the sense they are known in the socionics community in the East) have their own views on the typology.

Edit: In other words I don't see the problem with general discussions that center around socionic theories that are generally attributed to other people.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    Well to be fair, other socionists that don't regularly post here are discussed here: Ganin, Lytov, etc.

I guess I think of Ashton as another person who has their own theories just as other more "well-known" socionists (in the sense they are known in the socionics community in the East) have their own views on the typology.
    You're omitting the fact that he has an infamous status around here. So, the motivations for posting about him or his ideas will most likely be different than the motivations for posting other socionists' stuff.

Cracka was complaining about the accumulation of "ashtonian gossip" that goes on here, basically.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where did you take that list from?

Edit: now I understand better. Well, you're a complete idiot if you think you can type people better in a theory that you disapprove, rather than the creator of the theory himself. You're a complete fool, you deserve to be hit by a very ugly disease that will slowly kill your vital functions making you suffer for the longest time possible.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a valid point. I can't disagree with it at all, but if those people were regularly discredited as much as I've seen Ashton has (again, only my opinion on what I've seen here), at least they could come here and reply to anything said, while he doesn't even have that ability to do so.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    It was basically his own modeling of model X. Apparently he has the fundamental patterns of the "model" (or "ashtonian thought") figured out, and is able to predict the "accurate" typings of people within that paradigm based on them.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    You're omitting the fact that he has an infamous status around here. So, the motivations for posting about him or his ideas will most likely be different than the motivations for posting other socionists' stuff.

Cracka was complaining about the accumulation of "ashtonian gossip" that goes on here, basically.
    True, I concede that the stigma can't really be ignored.

If niffweed hadn't said the "in the typical ashtonian style" line, would this post still seem mocking? If this were just a base post about individuals that Ashton has typed compared to how other online communities have typed them, just in general, would there be a problem with a post like that? That's all I'm trying to say here.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    yes but Ashton called them "information elements." Aushra Augusta didn't write about 6 information elements, she wrote about 8 of them.

it may be minor but it is a difference.
    Right. Well, I think he was using the term "information elements" in a different sense than it is commonly used. Because he believes in 8 functions, as in, psychic processes; the information elements he mentioned there, I believe, were illustrations of the sort of "objective" constituents that comprise the nature of each function.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was basically his own modeling of model X. Apparently he has the fundamental patterns of the "model" (or "ashtonian thought") figured out, and is able to predict the "accurate" typings of people within that paradigm based on them.
    As I said above, that is the most delusional thing I have ever witnessed. I think niffweed needs to go to a mental health clinic.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty much.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey I'm an ISTP, now I can finally fix my bike!

Pretend like it's the weekend Banana Pancakes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sigh, I've failed to make the list of why Ashton is wrong
    ILE-Ti
    6w7 sx/sp (low level of confidence)

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True, I concede that the stigma can't really be ignored.

If niffweed hadn't said the "in the typical ashtonian style" line, would this post still seem mocking? If this were just a base post about individuals that Ashton has typed compared to how other online communities have typed them, just in general, would there be a problem with a post like that? That's all I'm trying to say here.
    I think the fact that niffweed posted it says enough. If it had been someone who is impartial to Ashton, and yes, not done so in such a subtly mocking manner, then it could have produced decent discussion.

But even then, the stigma still remains, and people still have their biases towards him.

I just think at this point, trying to discuss these two schools of thought is absolutely pointless.

And niffweed, don't think I don't see through your motivations for posting this one bit. It's pretty pathetic.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I most likely would have viewed this thread much differently in that case . So no, I don't think it would still seem as mocking, IMO.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Hey I'm an ISTP, now I can finally fix my bike!
    lol

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol. Hi Ashton.
    That actually is Diljs. (based on his IP) So no.:wink:

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That actually is Diljs. (based on his IP) So no.:wink:
    Yeah. I deleted it lol. I just remember ashton making random accounts to post in threads before, so I made a hasty assumption. bleh.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you mean by this? Doesn't everyone acknowledge these 6 subsets of dichotomies?
    I'm fairly sure everyone would agree that they exist "in theory," but doubt that they're as directly visible as a classical function would be... needing a lot more subjective interpretation to interpret them.

Also, my experience with Te types suggests they would mostly see them as unnecessary, superfluous and a product of Ti mental masturbation.
    They are necessary for a bottom-up understanding of the functions. Anyone who wants to analyze the functions to see how they work, what the functions have in common and what they don't, will end up with those sub-dichotomies. You can call them something else, but you can not deny their significance.

Personally I largely reject the Object/Field dichotomy and think Judging/Perceiving should be a fundamental dichotomy in that list instead of a derived one. That is to say, I believe Object/Field does not nearly have as much descriptive strength as Static/Dynamic, Judging/Perceiving and Internal/External (athough that last one is also tricky... I prefer to just use Sensing/Intuiting/Logic/Ethics).

What it comes down to is this: Introverted Judging functions and Introverted Perceiving functions are called "introverted" for wildly different reasons. The first is "subjective" (introverted) because it is an unprovable belief, the last is subjective because it is picked up in a direct way by the subject and not shared with others (it is the internal experience of a person). These two notions of subjectivity are so different that you have to wonder wether they should be called under a shared name at all.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, exactly. the terms don't hold the exact same meanings between the two.
    If the difference between the two is semantics, then why bother talking about it? You made it sound like he was removing two information elements from the theory or something.

@ Niffweed: Again, there's no such thing as "Ashtonian Socionics." I know that you're fully aware of this, yet you continue to use the term for reasons I don't understand. Yay, it's really hilarious to mock something you don't even understand. Might as well be misleading and passive-aggressive too, eh? Seriously Niffweed, what is the point of this? You say you don't care about typings from Ashton/Socionix/etc., yet you make threads like these? And if you're going to "correct" his typings, then at least do it right for Christ's sake. He doesn't type people using a formula, so why are you turning this into some sort of math problem?

And if this is supposed to be a joke, you've failed in that regard too. Congrats.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Pretend like it's the weekend Banana Pancakes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. I deleted it lol. I just remember ashton making random accounts to post in threads before, so I made a hasty assumption. bleh.
    banana pancakes/diljs =!= ashton

Although I do plan on playing him in Socionics: the Movie.
    ILE-Ti
    6w7 sx/sp (low level of confidence)

Creepy-female

fyi, niffweed has freely admitted before to not being able to grasp the concept of information elements. What this thread is supposed to be in the light of that I have no idea.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no, that was not my intent. strrrng understood better what I was saying.

the articles on SocioniX don't call Si, Ne, Ti, Fe, Ni, Se, Fi, and Te information elements, it calls them simply "functions." Ashton was calling the Internal/External, Object/Field, Static/Dynamic dichotomies the "information elements" which constitute the 8 "functions."
    Okay, but I still feel like this is pointless. If you've ever spoken to him, he's not really attached to things like semantics and such. Those articles you're quoting from were originally just posts, not some official information regarding Model X or whatever. It's Socionics, the same Socionics we discuss here. So he used a different term in one post, so what? You know what he's referring to, so writing it up as if it's a theoretical difference is very misleading, imo.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Do I understand correctly that these typings are only valid within the framework of Model X (meaning one could be a different type in Model A)?
    Yes.

also not sure if it really matters much, but Ashton recently re-typed me as Fe-INFp; that list has me Ni-INFp.
    OH MY FUCKING GOD! OF COURSE IT MATTERS! THE APOCALYPSE IS UPON US!

it says:

*General agreement is had all around*

Conflictor situation viewing FTW.

I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post

Edit: now I understand better.
    Well, you're [illogical] a complete idiot if you think you can type people better in a theory that you disapprove, rather than the creator of the theory himself. You're a complete fool, you deserve to be hit by a very ugly disease that will slowly kill your vital functions making you suffer for the longest time possible.
    Blue = agree
    Red = Fabio ramblings
    Green = disagree

it may seem minor but it is a difference.
    +1000

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    It's Socionics, the same Socionics we discuss here.
    Errr, no it's not.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's not pointless, because it's different from Socionics. regardless, even if I'm wrong on that point, the rest of what I wrote about still stands and is enough to show that the interpretation of Socionics written about on SocioniX is not the same as the original Socionics theory.
    The differences aren't really valid, imo. I'm skimming over it... you listed "finding problems with model A," as one? How is that against Socionics theory? What about the "professional" Socionists in Russia using stuff like Model B or T, or whatever they have now. Socionics is a theory, not a model. Another thing—if you're strictly using Aushra Augusta's descriptions of the IEs as a guide to Socionics, then your "understanding" is nothing more than a trivial cluster of false associations. Some of the stuff I've read is a complete joke. If it was truly that general I certainly wouldn't be wasting my time here. And as far as Subtypes go, a lot of people use them. What's the difference, the degree of which they're used? That's ridiculous.

what I quoted was from a pinned thread called "SocioniX Articles: Theoretical Discussion", which most people would probably assume is "official" information. if any write-ups in that thread are not supposed to be taken that seriously, please let me know now.
    Official for what? Every time you write a post do you want people to consider it "official" Socionics knowledge? To be honest, the reason those posts are collaborated into "articles" like that is because so many people have asked about it. I don't know how many times I've seen someone say, "Wow, this is good stuff. Are there any more posts like this?" Unfortunately a lot of good posts have been buried within the forum, so I personally decided to dig them up myself and combine them into one thread. It's purpose is for the convenience of those who have asked, not much more. I believe I said all this in the threads, but I haven't looked in months; so tell me if it's not labeled properly.

no. read this post again. call that theory the same "Socionics" if you wish, but it is quite different and I was trying to make that clear.
    Alright, but look around. No one has the same "interpretation" of Socionics. Honestly glam, even your own user list has a disclaimer about it on the top. Why? Because when people want to argue you can say, "Well, we'll have to agree to disagree since we have different interpretations." And the difference in these interpretations vary, obviously. Yet we consider all these various "interpretations" to still be Socionics, yeah? Why is Ashton any different?

it is a theoretical difference, even if it is seemingly minor. information elements are obviously a major part of Socionics.
    No. It's a difference in semantics, which you don't seem to be getting. Information elements (Ne, Si, Se, Ni, Te, Fi, Fe, and Ti) are a major part of Socionics, I agree completely. There is a huge emphasis on them in those articles as well. So what if he referred to them as "functions" a few times? He's still referring to the same thing. I don't get why you're so adamant about it being otherwise.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Allie, you're seriously fucked in the head, both you and dolphin are. dolphin has the worst conceptual understanding I've ever encountered. You either don't understand what glamourama is trying to say to you (which is unbelievably fucking obvious), or you're trying not to, because you don't want to dispell the obvious myth that you are an ESI. I mean, Jesus Christ, what the fuck is going on when you think you are your conflictor? Next we'll have Minde running about with the signature "SLE-Se" and Expat going "I am SEI. Where's your Te, you fuck? Get against the wall".

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie
    @ Niffweed: Again, there's no such thing as "Ashtonian Socionics." I know that you're fully aware of this, yet you continue to use the term for reasons I don't understand. Yay, it's really hilarious to mock something you don't even understand. Might as well be misleading and passive-aggressive too, eh? Seriously Niffweed, what is the point of this? You say you don't care about typings from Ashton/Socionix/etc., yet you make threads like these? And if you're going to "correct" his typings, then at least do it right for Christ's sake. He doesn't type people using a formula, so why are you turning this into some sort of math problem?
    Niffweed, you are worthy of the worst condemnation I have in my heart. I have watched you maneuver throughout your virtual reality for the past year! You are the self-proclaimed gatekeeper of knowledge, which isn't exactly surprising, given your E-type and instinct, but execrable, nonetheless.

Look at this. He loves this. He makes a thread to incite reactions, so that people can debate over the theory and he can remain in the shadows, laughing. I am not fooled.

@glam: you are arguing a moot point. I already clarified what Ashton meant when he used those terms, so you can stop harping on them as if they're a fucking paradigm shift in the theory itself.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Niffweed, you are worthy of the worst condemnation I have in my heart. I have watched you maneuver throughout your virtual reality for the past year! You are the self-proclaimed gatekeeper of knowledge, which isn't exactly surprising, given your E-type and instinct, but execrable, nonetheless.

Look at this. He loves this. He makes a thread to incite reactions, so that people can debate over the theory and he can remain in the shadows, laughing. I am not fooled.
    LOL

Isn't that the kind of thing an EIE does? Using their Fe and Se HA to create a scene?

@glam: you are arguing a moot point. I already clarified what Ashton meant when he used those terms, so you can stop harping on them as if they're a fucking paradigm shift in the theory itself.
    They fuckin' are! Come on!

Six functions, what the fuck is that? There are eight functions.

(In that order. )

It's not a moot point to argue that what the actual functions are in socionics are not what Ashton calls whatever the fuck he calls them, or vice versa.

Anyway, even if you got your point across, Allie doesn't see straight for shit when it comes to socionics.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post
    i don't think Allie interacts with Ashton's theories as say, Steve does, who appears to more independenty refine, ellaborate the system and connect it with others. she does appear to help straighten some of Ashton's logics out within existing assumptions. they could be Mirrors.
    There's no reason why Steve exists, to be honest.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    LOL

Isn't that the kind of thing an EIE does? Using their Fe and Se HA to create a scene?
    LOL... maybe dee was right about niff being ENFj.

They fuckin' are! Come on!

Six functions, what the fuck is that? There are eight functions.

(In that order. )

It's not a moot point to argue that what the actual functions are in socionics are not what Ashton calls whatever the fuck he calls them, or vice versa.

Anyway, even if you got your point across, Allie doesn't see straight for shit when it comes to socionics.
    Ashton never said there were 6 functions. What the fuck are you people talking about? All he did over at socionix, was deconstruct the 6 sub-dichotomies to give a more bottom-up perspective on the constituent parts of the functions. That's a lot more lucid for, say, a beginner, than just telling them what the functions do. So, glam wasn't arguing what the functions were; she was harping on a misinterpretation of semantics. Christ lol. Ashton may be loony; but he's not dumb enough to claim there are only 6 functions.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's no reason why Steve exists, to be honest.
    I exist to keep saying that you're Te ESTj

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post
    i don't agree with many of his conclusions and he uses more subjective data than i would prefer, but i think he at least suffices as an example of Ne interaction across differing systems.
    Which connections/Ne stuff are you referring to that I do? Which differing systems?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    # denotes a benchmark typing, used as a possible archetype of other typings
    * denotes an incorrect typing among the ashtonian brass
    Ooh, I got a #. Thanks, android! So...this means I's the stereotypical ESTj-Te. I though so myself. I know a short freshman boy at my school who is as well. He's so similar to me it's scary.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL... maybe dee was right about niff being ENFj.
    Major LOL.

LOL if that were the case.

Ashton never said there were 6 functions. What the fuck are you people talking about? All he did over at socionix, was deconstruct the 6 sub-dichotomies to give a more bottom-up perspective on the constituent parts of the functions. That's a lot more lucid for, say, a beginner, than just telling them what the functions do. So, glam wasn't arguing what the functions were; she was harping on a misinterpretation of semantics. Christ lol. Ashton may be loony; but he's not dumb enough to claim there are only 6 functions.
    Yeah but even if this is the case, Allie is still wrong that Ashton's socionics is what most of us non-nutters study.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I exist to keep saying that you're Te ESTj
    Of course. A truly pointless existence.

Creepy-female

Allie, you're seriously fucked in the head, both you and dolphin are. dolphin has the worst conceptual understanding I've ever encountered. You either don't understand what glamourama is trying to say to you (which is unbelievably fucking obvious), or you're trying not to, because you don't want to dispell the obvious myth that you are an ESI. I mean, Jesus Christ, what the fuck is going on when you think you are your conflictor? Next we'll have Minde running about with the signature "SLE-Se" and Expat going "I am SEI. Where's your Te, you fuck? Get against the wall".
    You don't know fuck about my conceptual understanding. Showing me the descriptions of Wiki "Se" to "prove" to me you're SLE doesn't do jackshit. Have you ever bothered to ask an IEI, a real IEI, exactly what they're about, besides all that victim aggressor erotic shit out there that's got great appeal for the internet peoplez? Ezra, you don't want Ni. You don't see it when it hits you in the face.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast