Thread: DUDELINGS, I UNDERSTAND NOW: Self-consciousness and the socion

Creepy-male

Default DUDELINGS, I UNDERSTAND NOW: Self-consciousness and the socion

WE'RE A GIGANTIC CONSCIOUSNESS EXPERIENCE ITSELF THINKING.

THE SOCION IS SIMPLY A PROCESS OF THOUGHT: CONSTRUCTING AN ARGUMENT AND COUNTERS AND PLAYING THEM AGAINST EACHOTHER UNTIL ONE WINS.

Discuss. I'm serious. I'm also probably going to be eliminated for this.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So does that mean we are parts of gods brain?
    also, (if we're pretending this is actually worth talking about), one process could never win over the others.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat View Post
    So does that mean we are parts of gods brain?
    also, (if we're pretending this is actually worth talking about), one process could never win over the others.
    You can call it God, sure. I call it Charleston, because I like that name.

And no, I don't believe any single personality will win out, ever. It's all held in equilibrium by the intertype dynamics. The quadras are all fairly insular, and represent developmental stages!

Alphas are children, betas are teenagers, gammas were never children, and deltas are adults.

Which, in other words, means:

Alpha = beginning
    Beta = transition
    Gamma = premature end
    Delta = consummation

Alpha is in conflict with gamma, beta with delta. Beta's honeymoon transition resents Delta's completeness but "endy-ness"; similar with Alpha/Gamma (not qualified to speak about Gamma, truthfully, being an Alpha).

Notice how the dyads are all formed within the same quadra. No one developmental stage wins out over the others, each has conflicts. Even within the stages are "conflicts" (granted they're rather benign--just Activation and Mirror).

Jesus Christ, dude, it is Freud. All of history has been the development of Charleston's worldview.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does this have to do with what you were first talking about? apparently nothing.
    would hate to be a thought inside your head for a day.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat View Post
    What does this have to do with what you were first talking about? apparently nothing.
    would hate to be a thought inside your head for a day.
    You and your silly .

You know why it's white? Because it's empty.

Like your head.

<3

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think the white means i have an open mind

Creepy-Cyclops

Not everything is black and white. There must be some grey symbols.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Not everything is black and white. There must be some grey symbols.
    Naw, they're a nice auburn taupe.

Creepy-bg

Socionics is a product of the Übermind

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    Socionics is a product of the Übermind
    You know too much.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way I see it, all of us have the whole of a "socion" in our brains. If we had infinite amounts of time at our disposal it would be possible to derive all there is to know from a single brain's interaction with reality. The thing is, there isn't a lot of time available to us, and it is required of us that we act efficiently (time-efficiently considering time is the only basic commodity in psychology) in order to survive. Hence why we have to prioritize and exalt one of our "types" above the others. And that's how the repression and dominance of functions emerges. Fast forward to Jung and you've got the birth of socionics.

There isn't just 1 type, though. There's at least three levels on which the type phenomenom manifests. There's the political attitude and leadership style of the upper type, the societal role (job) of the middle type (which socionics discusses) and the concrete action style of the lower type. Each of the levels has it's own quadras, functions and intertype-relations. And that's probably only the beginning of the complexity.