I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Default enneagram [mercutio's type]

so i was thinking about enneagram , most people say i'm 7w8 .. and in a way i get confused about it.

like in a way i seem to be more aware of 8 traits. but i'm also aware that i just don't have the kind of "forcefulness" of 8s.

but then i find myself at times noticing that i don't exactly lack force, it's just that i'm often thinking "intelectually"

but like, at times i remember, times when i've kind of been more forceful, and it's like people can kind of amazed/impressed, and it's like people seem to think of me higher -

often it's been when i'm kind of relaxed and not really caring .. as soon as i care things get fucked up .. i've tried explaining this to people before to no avail ...

like i have to kind of stay detached, not get too involved, or there's like all this constant war, and it can get to me a bit.

like i remember when i was young, that often people would suddenly start talking about war when i turned up, and apparently they weren't discussing war until i was around. but like i'd be kind of "oblivious" and in my own world, but then slowly, it'd seem like "my world" was the only world that existed, as i kind of "turned" people a bit.

often it's like people would take sides for or against me. although i had a few advisors who would take a neutral position, which i would thank them for.

now when i look back, i used to get lots of people pissed off all of the time. lots of people would hate me. lots of people wouldn't talk to me, lots of people just plain didn't like me.

then some people would like me, and it's ilke they'd become important. then it's like other people wouldn't like me, and i wouldn't even defend me, but sometimes other people would stick up for me.

but like sometimes people would question just how the hell i created so much opposition. and i'd kind of just defer.

anyway, so i was thinking, what i've had against being 8 before is that i'm kind of weak, and small. and i've often not really wanted to "protect" people, i've wanted people to look after themselves, whilst i look after myself.

but at the same time, sometimes i'm reminded that i had this big thing about "helping" people. and it's like i'd try to help in this really light way, in a non-intrusive way, and i wanted to make sure everyone was "looked after". which was kind of weird, because i didn't look after myself. kind of like a 2....

anyway, so what i often seemed to desire is that other people look after me, i look after them,. it's al about other people. but sometimes it's like there'd be these selfish people, and they'd create problems and stuff, and i just wouldn't want them around. but some assholes tried to tell me that *i* was selfish.

anyway,. i'm thinking i probably am a 7w8,. but i'm not sure why i'm so blind to the 7 issues. like i kind of know 8 issues more, because they're more obvious and apparent. but like 7 issues confuse me.

i do have a fast mind, i realise that. but at times it seems other people have got faster minds now that i'm older. i am kind of high energy all the time i do realise that, but often i feel kind of dull and lifeless.

blah blah.

anyway,

i'm being an attention whore, and wonder if anyone has anything to say about me and my enneagramness.

merky.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are very scatter and entertaining like a 7 and sarcrafice a bit of entertainment for control.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I had the same problem with ambiguity in the enneagram. But strrngs evaluation/opinion I hold in the highest regard. Whatever strrng says I trust 100%

I thought i was an 8w7 for a bit but then when she started aking me questions i got down to the bottom of it. I know that im a 6 because i demonstrate the passive aggressiveness of one as well as the dislike of conflict...amazing in contrast to me being ESTP who are considerably confrontational and willful. Which makes me me. I put off the physical energy and unconsciously dominate, but im not trying to. i jus wanna enjoy myself and be stable in terms of everything material but still be able to have adventures and thrills. i dont mind working for people (eights hate that) id honestly rather work for someone so i dont have to worry about being alone andhaving to fend for myself. e.g a straight commission job would turn me into a neurotic mess. but if i worked salary+commision id be able to function ok. neway, whatever strring says is accurate imo.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. I really don't see the sort of firmness of 8s with you. While possessing some of the traits, I still think your main fixation is of the future-oriented, anxious 7. In our interactions you've seemed blithe, observant and agile. You also appear more fixated on intellectual strategies for dealing with the world, rather than anything pertaining to an assertion of your autonomy against the environment (aside from general Se antics). Also, combining the sx/so instinct, 7 becomes pretty clear: the intimacy seeking manifests through an incessant search for stimulations. sx 8s are a bit more focused on control of intimates, making sure the environmental barriers are taken care of. I see you as more in your head.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

I think type 8 is assuming you are formidable on such a deep level that you take it for granted...like your weight and hair color. 6s especially 6w5s may think they are formidable but it's on a more conscious level...which means they have to rationalize and/or prove it to themselves more.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MellowMarcello View Post
    I think type 8 is assuming you are formidable on such a deep level that you take it for granted...like your weight and hair color. 6s especially 6w5s may think they are formidable but it's on a more conscious level...which means they have to rationalize and/or prove it to themselves more.
    well how do you know what you prove to yourself.

like, i suppose you'd prove yourself if you were uncertain of yourself. and then you do actions that say you can be sure of yourself, and then you've thus proved yourself. but really nothing's changed.

i mean most people to a degree just wing things. they just assume that by focusing on the destination they will do what has to be done to get to the end. but at the same time - when you hit obstacles, and everyone hits obstacles it's how you deal with the obstacles that count.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smccosker View Post
    whatever strring says is accurate imo.
    wow, that's quite an endorsement
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

merks, I think you're 7w8. I agree with strrrng. (altho that doesn't mean that I think whatever he says is accurate, hehe)
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    dualz 4 lyfe
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're a 7w8, Ben. Especially after having experienced a bit more of your character. Also, this post here (along with others) is quite scattered, and you're almost afraid to properly get into a large discussion about your character. It's like you want to know, but you don't want to take it all too seriously. Hence the "blah blah" and the overload of paragraphs opening with "anyway", as though you've talked far too much about yourself already.

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    Haha.

a) Sean is a Six, so he'll latch on to ideas which make sense to him (like any normal person would), but the Sixishness stems from the fact that he won't give them up without a fight, and is far more likely to defend an idea which he holds than himself

b) What strrrng says I would hope would make sense to other SLEs besides Sean and myself. That's what duals are for!

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    I think you're a 7w8, Ben. Especially after having experienced a bit more of your character. Also, this post here (along with others) is quite scattered, and you're almost afraid to properly get into a large discussion about your character. It's like you want to know, but you don't want to take it all too seriously. Hence the "blah blah" and the overload of paragraphs opening with "anyway", as though you've talked far too much about yourself already.
    Yah. Why can't I see the 7 issues?

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    well how do you know what you prove to yourself.

like, i suppose you'd prove yourself if you were uncertain of yourself. and then you do actions that say you can be sure of yourself, and then you've thus proved yourself. but really nothing's changed.

For others maybe...but I don't think like this. I don't place much of a value judgement on whatever "myself" is for better or worse.

i mean most people to a degree just wing things. they just assume that by focusing on the destination they will do what has to be done to get to the end. but at the same time - when you hit obstacles, and everyone hits obstacles it's how you deal with the obstacles that count.

That's when it sucks to have a conscience.

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smccosker View Post
    Well, I had the same problem with ambiguity in the enneagram. But strrngs evaluation/opinion I hold in the highest regard. Whatever strrng says I trust 100%

I thought i was an 8w7 for a bit but then when she started aking me questions i got down to the bottom of it. I know that im a 6 because i demonstrate the passive aggressiveness of one as well as the dislike of conflict...amazing in contrast to me being ESTP who are considerably confrontational and willful. Which makes me me. I put off the physical energy and unconsciously dominate, but im not trying to. i jus wanna enjoy myself and be stable in terms of everything material but still be able to have adventures and thrills. i dont mind working for people (eights hate that) id honestly rather work for someone so i dont have to worry about being alone andhaving to fend for myself. e.g a straight commission job would turn me into a neurotic mess. but if i worked salary+commision id be able to function ok. neway, whatever strring says is accurate imo.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

6s have their greatest positive-negative polarities centered around trust-distrust...who to trust-who not to trust...which side to align with-which side not to...which school of thought to align with-which school of thought not to...etc. Trusting and aligning are either too much or too little...always in flux and never just right.

5-wing withholding makes 6w5s distrust the outer more than their inner...6w7s the reverse which makes them more open so he sounds like 6w7 to me.

Stacking...obviously too flat for sx-first...and too suggestible for social-last so either so/sx, so/sp, or sp/so. A heightened need for stability in terms of everything material seems sp-first...hell the whole second half of what he wrote screams sp-first...so gotta go with sp/so 6w7 for him.

Amazing what one can glean from a single post my bipedallleeedd friiieeeennndddzzz...

~Marcello~

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6s have their greatest positive-negative polarities centered around trust-distrust...who to trust-who not to trust...which side to align with-which side not to...which school of thought to align with-which school of thought not to...etc. Trusting and aligning are either too much or too little...always in flux and never just right.

5-wing withholding makes 6w5s distrust the outer more than their inner...6w7s the reverse which makes them more open so he sounds like 6w7 to me.

Stacking...obviously too flat for sx-first...and too suggestible for social-last so either so/sx, so/sp, or sp/so. A heightened need for stability in terms of everything material seems sp-first...hell the whole second half of what he wrote screams sp-first...so gotta go with sp/so 6w7 for him.

Amazing what one can glean from a single post my bipedallleeedd friiieeeennndddzzz...

~Marcello~
    sp/so 6w7 for mercutio? I'm sorry, but that is absurd.

Maybe your gleaning process needs to be refiltered
    4w3-5w6-8w7

I am starting to have a soporific effect on this little board. If you'll excuse me...I must go lick myself.

~Marcello~

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am starting to have a soporific effect on this little board. If you'll excuse me...I must go lick myself.

~Marcello~
    Self-fellatio can be tiring, yes.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

sp/so 6w7 for smccosker I mean...should have specified that since it was mercutio's thread even though mercutio would never mention a "heightened need for stability"

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sp/so 6w7 for smccosker I mean...should have specified that since it was mercutio's thread even though mercutio would never mention a "heightened need for stability"
    Oh, hah. My bad, then. Yeah, that makes sense. Although, I have him sp/sx, but whatever.
    4w3-5w6-8w7