Thread: Type me

Yay fluid mechanics Serious Name's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type me

Socionics seems like an interesting subject. Figure I should try it out, just to see where it goes. Guess I would like to start by seeing what 'type' you guys think I am.

- I hate strict schedules. Give me a loose guideline of what to do and I'll be fine.

- When people are talking, I prefer to sit back and watch. I rarely throw in an opinion of my own unless thrown into the conversation. If anything, I'll make a suggestion.

- I almost feel nauseated when someone wants me to talk about my 'feelings' in a group setting. Most of the time I'm looking for the nearest exit while everyone turns into a puddle of emotion around me. Seriously, I just want to GTFO. Coaxing me to open up just makes matters worse.

- I tend to analyze things in my mind all the time.

- Theory that has no actual use seems pointless to me. I can only endure so much of it before I get bored and leave the conversation. Now, theory WITH a practical use (especially if its related to my major), I can listen to pretty much all day. I tend to simplify what I'm told in my mind so that I cut out superfluous information, while keeping the core mechanics in-line.

- The most awkward, intense social moment for me is when someone near tears tries to confide in me. I seriously have no idea what to do. I would like to help the person, of course, but I just kind of lock up.

- I'm generally easy going, if you manage to offend me you should get some sort of award.

- I keep a straight face in most situations. Some of my pictures have me faking a smile, only because the picture taker insisted upon it.

- I dislike relish.

There you go, guess away!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's your major? Why are you interested in that topic?

Why do you dislike schedules?

Why did you organize this the way you did?

What do you have against relish?

What do you like to do? (Almost entirely omitted from your post.)

Silent people do not have a valuable opinion. Why do you stay silent?

Why do you dislike emotional openness? Are you afraid to commit? Is this why you are here with us today?

How much wood can a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

What are your closest friends like? Include imaginary ones if you have them.

Am I annoying you yet? (God, I suck at making lists like this.)
    Surtout, pas trop de zčle.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Serious Name View Post
    Socionics seems like an interesting subject. Figure I should try it out, just to see where it goes. Guess I would like to start by seeing what 'type' you guys think I am.

- I hate strict schedules. Give me a loose guideline of what to do and I'll be fine.

- When people are talking, I prefer to sit back and watch. I rarely throw in an opinion of my own unless thrown into the conversation. If anything, I'll make a suggestion.

- I almost feel nauseated when someone wants me to talk about my 'feelings' in a group setting. Most of the time I'm looking for the nearest exit while everyone turns into a puddle of emotion around me. Seriously, I just want to GTFO. Coaxing me to open up just makes matters worse.

- Theory that has no actual use seems pointless to me. I can only endure so much of it before I get bored and leave the conversation. Now, theory WITH a practical use (especially if its related to my major), I can listen to pretty much all day. I tend to simplify what I'm told in my mind so that I cut out superfluous information, while keeping the core mechanics in-line.

- The most awkward, intense social moment for me is when someone near tears tries to confide in me. I seriously have no idea what to do. I would like to help the person, of course, but I just kind of lock up.

- I'm generally easy going, if you manage to offend me you should get some sort of award.

- I keep a straight face in most situations. Some of my pictures have me faking a smile, only because the picture taker insisted upon it.

- I dislike relish.

Hey look, it's me!

Seriously, though, I think you're an SLE.

And you're probably a 7w8.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hostage_Child View Post
    IxTp>IxTj.
    Did you even read what he said about himself?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

XSTp.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- I tend to simplify what I'm told in my mind so that I cut out superfluous information, while keeping the core mechanics in-line.
    I do this too.

anyways, if he was ESTP, I would expect his description to focus more on being with people, outgoing or something, not a lot of blabla about theory.

He seems IxTx so far

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- I dislike relish.

possibly some logical type. from this level of information, it is impossible to tell anything.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ZTCrawcrustle View Post
    What's your major? Why are you interested in that topic?

Why do you dislike schedules?

Why did you organize this the way you did?

What do you have against relish?

What do you like to do? (Almost entirely omitted from your post.)

Silent people do not have a valuable opinion. Why do you stay silent?

Why do you dislike emotional openness? Are you afraid to commit? Is this why you are here with us today?

How much wood can a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

What are your closest friends like? Include imaginary ones if you have them.

Am I annoying you yet? (God, I suck at making lists like this.)
    I'm majoring in mechanical/aerospace or electrical engineering. I'm still taking the base classes so I don't have to choose between the two yet. I like it because it involves math, I consider it a great way to contribute to society, and I get to solve real-world, practical problems. And I don't have to write absurdly long essays yet. I like that part too lol.

Schedules make me feel constricted, I like to have the freedom of accomplishing a task in my own time and in my own manner. A simple schedule, with only the essential deadlines, allows a lot of leeway. Same thing with social activities, I'd rather go out and find something to do spontaneously than have the entire week planned out (like one of my friends likes to do).

Relish was hired to murder my cat when I was young. I've had a grudge against him since then. Plus, he makes things taste disgusting.

Haha yeah...I did forget to mention that, didn't I. Well, I enjoy playing games, messing with technological shit (as in taking them apart, putting them back together, programming a bit if I can), playing instruments (mainly guitar, drums, and keyboard/piano), running, biking, rock climbing, doing utterly random stuff with friends, browsing the interwebs, going to (small) parties...hmm...at times, I find math to be fun. In general, physical activities/technology.

I remain silent because I usually observe people as they speak. I listen to what they say and try to get an idea of where that person is coming from, how they might act in certain situations, their manner of speech, if they think about what they say first or if they just blurt things out, etc. Unless I really care about what is being discussed, I will just watch.

I don't dislike emotional openness *from other people*, I actually appreciate it. When they want ME to be emotionally open is when I have an issue. When people come to my crying it just makes me feel awkward, because I don't know how to handle the situation without possibly making them feel worse.

42. Unless the wood chuck is wood Chuck Norris. Then the answer is: all of it.

Most of my close friends seem to be more extroverted. Theres an even split between logical and emotional. A lot of positive energy (someone who is negative all the time tends to piss me off, so I can't stay around them long enough to get a connection), yet they can toss playful insults back and forth all day. The more emotional ones get a bit pissed, especially if they notice the rest of us kind of gang up on them lol. They don't mind my mostly quiet nature, in fact they appreciate that I mean what I say, so when I do speak its not BS. I can think of two who seem to know what I'm feeling, even if I haven't said anything. Generally they just like to enjoy life and do things at the drop of a hat, and thankfully its hard to seriously anger any of them with petty shit. I'd say all of them are more emotionally effluent than I am, and aside from the two I mentioned previously (for some reason I don't care if they ask me to be a bit more open) they don't pester me much about my feelings.

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

42. Unless the wood chuck is wood Chuck Norris. Then the answer is: all of it.
    Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?

I don't think you're ESTp and I think it's funny that everyone apparently relates to you.

Do you have any photos? VI should rule out a few types.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm...not sure how this would help but I feel like including these.

- Most of my clothes are simple. No bright colors, except white (I cant stand yellow). I think shirts that have darker colors with simple, interesting prints on them are best. Shirts with way too much going on bother me, for example anything by Affliction.

- Modern day abstract art makes no sense to me. Theres no way I'm putting a picture of a random blot with squiggly lines all around on my wall because its supposed to represent humanity or something. If you can clearly see where the symbolism comes in, thats cool (even then, it can still go overboard). When it doesn't even remotely, in any imaginable way, resemble the idea...then its absurd.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shirts with way too much going on bother me, for example anything by Affliction.

- Modern day abstract art makes no sense to me. Theres no way I'm putting a picture of a random blot with squiggly lines all around on my wall because its supposed to represent humanity or something. If you can clearly see where the symbolism comes in, thats cool (even then, it can still go overboard). When it doesn't even remotely, in any imaginable way, resemble the idea...then its absurd.
    One guy I know, Affliction is seriously all he wears. And I'm with you on the modern abstract art.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by calenwen View Post
    Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?

I don't think you're ESTp and I think it's funny that everyone apparently relates to you.

Do you have any photos? VI should rule out a few types.
    Yup, lol. One of the few movies I would care to see more than once.

Working on the photos.

Edit:

Here be me, in need of a shave. I usually only keep the goatee.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTp maybe.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, for what it's worth I get a delta vibe from you, and ISTp would be my first guess.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    My guess is Te ego and irrational (probably IP), but possibly weak vulnerable Fi. I'm not ruling anything out save for perhaps ExE. Well I still won't rule them out yet.

And welcome!
    ya thats what i was thinking altogether, although leaning toward ISTp... but still the way he wrote his description doesn't sound very ISTp. Sounds almost ISTj .. who knows, guess we'll see.

Also, wtf is this "Silent people do not have a valuable opinion" nonsense?
    No, silent people often have the insight to realize voicing their opinion will accomplish nothingi

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After reading the extended description I think ISTp is a safe bet and it would be my best guess for now. I relate to pretty much everything you wrote and you sound a lot like Slacker Mom's husband who's also ISTp.

edit: I think you're clearly irrational and logical, and most likely Delta. I would go for Logical subtype ISTp because your sensing doesn't seem as much pronounced compared to your logic and weak ethics / Fx PoLR.
    Last edited by Park; 01-17-2009 at 11:51 PM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Modern day abstract art makes no sense to me.
    Don't worry, it will after you had some interaction with your dual!
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought INTp-Te

EDIT: ISTp-Te does make more sense.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    He sounds like me a few years ago.
    You like relish now?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te-ISTp.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

Well, I'd like to say the profile of Serious Name reminds me of a ISFj friend of mine.
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, lol. One of the few movies I would care to see more than once.

Working on the photos.

Edit:

Here be me, in need of a shave. I usually only keep the goatee.
    You also seem to have a calm and aloof (yet not unfocused) look which I tend to associate with SLIs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is around 1AM and I have to get up at 6:30. I will try to keep this brief (for my sake).

I think people are rushing in typing you SLI. Your involvement in sensing activities like sports (running, biking, rock climbing), your possible majors (both types of engineering), the physical aspects of technology point towards, well, sensing. You also seem to be comfortable when it comes to logical issues. All this suggests a pragmatist.

I would say that disliking schedules does not necessarily point to irrationality over rationality. Also, your quietness does not necessarily point to introversion over extroversion.

Math is a very subject. I remember one of Filatova's LSI quotes being something like "I appreciate math because it is very structured." I would say that nothing that you have written points expressly to either Beta or Delta, except that your group of friends sounds very Beta-esque.

A few more questions:

Why do you like to play instruments?

Why small parties? Do you like things like raves? Why or why not?
    Surtout, pas trop de zčle.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the side note, he reminds me of Forcemyhand.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Don't worry, it will after you had some interaction with your dual!
    Random interjection: hates abstract expressionism too.

Now, minimalism...

</hijack>

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ZTCrawcrustle View Post
    Why do you like to play instruments?

Why small parties? Do you like things like raves? Why or why not?
    Playing an instrument is calming (most of the time, when I have to learn something complex its annoying). I think its funny to hear something on the radio and play it on another instrument, in another style. Like "Bitches Ain't Shit" (heres an example ). Also, its a good way to socialize without having to actually talk to people. A more activity-based style of meeting people/hanging out is more comforting to me.

Large parties make me feel very uncomfortable. WAY too many people, I went to two frat parties and both made me feel like walking out within a few minutes (idiot frat mentalities didn't help much either, I didn't think stereotype frat boys existed but I was sorely wrong). I can't say anything about raves (haven't been to any), but if offered I probably wouldn't go.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    from this level of information, it is impossible to tell anything.
    lol

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTp or IXTj maybe?