Thread: smccosker to clarify ESTps aren't assholes

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default smccosker to clarify ESTps aren't assholes

ESTps aren't dicks. Sorry lols. I was just having an arghh day because I had just been with an ESTp and he was a total dick, and every ESTp I had met before him was like him as well. So I was just like, well fuck that I don't want an arsehole ESTp for a boy... but I know really that you aren't all like that, I was just venting coz I can't find the good ones .

I could have just sent you this, but just in case another ESTp was having a freak out about it, I posted it here !

Yeah so to clarify;

I LOVE ESTps.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dinki View Post
    ESTps aren't dicks. Sorry lols. I was just having an arghh day because I had just been with an ESTp and he was a total dick, and every ESTp I had met before him was like him as well. So I was just like, well fuck that I don't want an arsehole ESTp for a boy... but I know really that you aren't all like that, I was just venting coz I can't find the good ones .

I could have just sent you this, but just in case another ESTp was having a freak out about it, I posted it here !

Yeah so to clarify;

I LOVE ESTps.
    because estp's constantly freak out.

make up your mind. you hate them or you love them.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus Christ! IEIs emigrate, for fuck's sake. I'm sick of the Ne/Si atmosphere here on the woman front.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Jesus Christ! IEIs emigrate, for fuck's sake. I'm sick of the Ne/Si atmosphere here on the woman front.
    then turn 'em around.

step up, big boy.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    then turn 'em around.
    Who? How?

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Who? How?
    never mind, i didn't realise that you wanted the IEIs to leave because this is a "bad place".

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What, the US?

Are you a Brit by any chance?

How old are you actually?

PHOTOS! PHOTOS! PHOTOS!

hey, you wanna chat?
    a/s/l?

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

What, the US?

Are you a Brit by any chance?

How old are you actually?

PHOTOS! PHOTOS! PHOTOS!

hey, you wanna chat?
    a/s/l?
    Oh *I* see ,you're saying that you want them to EMIGRATE from the US ... to IMMIGRATE to where you are.

EZRA, YOU HAVE TO LEARN TO PULL NOT PUSH. When you say leave, how are you going be in control of where they go.

I'm not a brit, or from the US. There are lots of hot girls here.

Strangely enough none of them have talked about socionics.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you say leave, how are you going be in control of where they go.
    The very concept of me controls their directions.

I'm not a brit, or from the US. There are lots of hot girls here.
    Italian? Fabio #2!

Cuban? Father emigrated to Miami after dat muddafucka of a Cuban beetch Feedel Castwo tuke poweir!

Scottish? Cyclops in disguise.

Irish? I knew where that temper came from.

Germany? Oh wait, no hot girls, only hairy ones. JUST KIDDING. I'm not that ignorant and naive.

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL! I am a brit btw !

So you don't know any IEIs?! I know at least 3 - maybe 5? Aw guy IEIs are adorable! I want some more Estps. I don't talk to any, -well any good ones-, it is bumming me out.

Hey, thats how I roll - my feelings for people are always fluctuating , E4 and all that. Also like it's true, it's stupid to piss people of a certain type off by having a bitch about them when only a slice of them suck.

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

because estp's constantly freak out.

make up your mind. you hate them or you love them.

oh you'd be suprised.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

oh you'd be suprised.
    by what?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    This thread is a giant ball of SLE.

And hey, Ezra, try New Zealand.
    Oh yeah. Of course. The offspring of the British crime scene. (Or rather the offspring of the offspring - Australia - of the British crime scene.)

LOL! I am a brit btw !
    Awesome, where abouts are you from?

So you don't know any IEIs?! I know at least 3 - maybe 5? Aw guy IEIs are adorable! I want some more Estps. I don't talk to any, -well any good ones-, it is bumming me out.
    Actually, I did know one girl a long time ago who was an IEI. She was gorgeous too. Something went wrong though. It's a shame, but I tend not to dwell on it. I don't want to associate myself with anyone in my hometown any more. Apart from that, there is a gay fella who one of my mates works with, and he's probably IEI. I sometimes wish he was female actually. I think we'd made a perfect couple had this been the case (or I'd been gay). I think you'd find him adorable, haha.

Have you ever considered that maybe, if the SLEs you talk to (aren't "good ones") that maybe you're not actually an IEI? You're kind of pulling a bee (the SEI on here) maybe, saying you want SLE, but when it comes down to it, you don't really - what you actually want is 1981slater?

Just a thought.

You could be IEI.

by what?
    lol - typical SLE response: terse and blunt.

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by what?
    By how often ESTps freak out, though it's like a -RAHHH, fuck you- freak out?

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

QUOTE=Ezra;480270]Oh yeah. Of course. The offspring of the British crime scene. (Or rather the offspring of the offspring - Australia - of the British crime scene.)

Awesome, where abouts are you from?

Cambridgeee, you?

Actually, I did know one girl a long time ago who was an IEI. She was gorgeous too. Something went wrong though. It's a shame, but I tend not to dwell on it.

Sorry, that sucks =/.

I don't want to associate myself with anyone in my hometown any more. Apart from that, there is a gay fella who one of my mates works with, and he's probably IEI. I sometimes wish he was female actually. I think we'd made a perfect couple had this been the case (or I'd been gay). I think you'd find him adorable, haha.

Haha! Yay to that! Lol, for sure. Are you not that close? Have you ever been close to an IEI?

Have you ever considered that maybe, if the SLEs you talk to (aren't "good ones") that maybe you're not actually an IEI? You're kind of pulling a bee (the SEI on here) maybe, saying you want SLE, but when it comes down to it, you don't really - what you actually want is 1981slater?

Just a thought.

You could be IEI.

LOL! I don't know I have never read the SEI description....I will go check it out, maybe though, that is a point!

But I do love ESTps though, and with the ESTps I know, there is like this raw animalistic connection (like the lust is there, but it's different than regular lust, there is something deeper going down), I also have this intrigue and just looking at a photo of one, makes me laugh ? lol. Also when they are around, I feel comfortable, like I can be my 'best self' or something.

But the ESTps I know really aren't very nice, and some of the cruel things they do make me so angry. I do feel very attracted to them but I am not going to just be with one just because of that, like I just can't be with someone who is cruel, ignorant and immoral, that would just be so hypocritical because those are the things I hate the most in people.

But I want a dual already lol. It is so annoying knowing about this dual shit, then not being able to find a dual who isn't physcologically wack (in real life )! lol ><

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

By how often ESTps freak out, though it's like a -RAHHH, fuck you- freak out?
    Fuck you.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

dinki.. let's see a pic of you

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cambridgeee, you?
    Is that Cambridge the town or are you at Cambridge uni?

I'm from a town called Macclesfield, in Cheshire. I study at Manchester uni, which isn't far from home.

Are you not that close?
    Not particularly. I haven't know him for that long, and I rarely see him. I've had a few decent conversations with him; he seems like a cool enough guy.

Have you ever been close to an IEI?
    I was quite close to that girl I mentioned, although I wish I could've been closer.

LOL! I don't know I have never read the SEI description....I will go check it out, maybe though, that is a point!

But I do love ESTps though, and with the ESTps I know, there is like this raw animalistic connection (like the lust is there, but it's different than regular lust, there is something deeper going down), I also have this intrigue and just looking at a photo of one, makes me laugh ? lol. Also when they are around, I feel comfortable, like I can be my 'best self' or something.

But the ESTps I know really aren't very nice, and some of the cruel things they do make me so angry. I do feel very attracted to them but I am not going to just be with one just because of that, like I just can't be with someone who is cruel, ignorant and immoral, that would just be so hypocritical because those are the things I hate the most in people.

But I want a dual already lol. It is so annoying knowing about this dual shit, then not being able to find a dual who isn't physcologically wack (in real life )! lol ><
    It might scare you to know that all SLEs are "psychologically whack" in some sense. Nonetheless, if you're a true IEI, this won't bother you. You may even take pride in it; that is, in the fact that you are a representative of one of the few types who can solve this issue . . . but I won't make any assumptions .

dinki.. let's see a pic of you
    Ditto.

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that Cambridge the town or are you at Cambridge uni?

Oh lol! I live in Cambridge, haha I highly doubt they would accept me at uni there lol! I'm in sixth form .

I'm from a town called Macclesfield, in Cheshire. I study at Manchester uni, which isn't far from home.

Cool , we are about two hours away lol, what are you taking at uni?

Not particularly. I haven't know him for that long, and I rarely see him. I've had a few decent conversations with him; he seems like a cool enough guy.

I was quite close to that girl I mentioned, although I wish I could've been closer.

How old were you? What about your dad?

It might scare you to know that all SLEs are "psychologically whack" in some sense. Nonetheless, if you're a true IEI, this won't bother you. You may even take pride in it; that is, in the fact that you are a representative of one of the few types who can solve this issue . . . but I won't make any assumptions .

What lol?! Oh. Psychologically whack like how ? Hmm, help them? I'd love them anyway...but I read about this woman who was married to an SLE for 10 years, and he was cruel & abusive - which kind of made me loose hope for being able to help SLEs like that. I know I would be helpful (just simply because I am their dual) but I am not sure to what extent.

I guess I have never really got to know an SLE, so I can't say if it would matter once I had spent time with one, I guess I would get to know the better parts and that would allow me to forgive the less than perfect things they do. Not like I am perfect either anyways.

Ditto.
    -o

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"psychologically whack", lol

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh lol! I live in Cambridge, haha I highly doubt they would accept me at uni there lol! I'm in sixth form .
    Upper or lower? What A-Levels are you doing? What are you predicted? How are you finding it?

Cool , we are about two hours away lol, what are you taking at uni?
    Philosophy.

How old were you?
    Fourteen, maybe?

What about your dad?
    Yeah, I s'pose you could say I'm close(ish) to him. We have decent conversations (philosophical, intellectual, deep, whatever etc.).

What lol?! Oh. Psychologically whack like how ? Hmm, help them? I'd love them anyway...but I read about this woman who was married to an SLE for 10 years, and he was cruel & abusive - which kind of made me loose hope for being able to help SLEs like that. I know I would be helpful (just simply because I am their dual) but I am not sure to what extent.
    What type was said woman? Anyway, I'm certainly not cruel and abusive. No chance. That's an utter disgrace, regardless of type. I'd fucking put them down in seconds.

I guess I have never really got to know an SLE, so I can't say if it would matter once I had spent time with one, I guess I would get to know the better parts and that would allow me to forgive the less than perfect things they do. Not like I am perfect either anyways.
    You can get to know me. Come up to the north sometime. We'll get to know each other more.

And no one is perfect, by the way. No one.

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Upper or lower? What A-Levels are you doing? What are you predicted? How are you finding it?

Liking it, though there are a major lack in Betas, though I have found a whole quadra, I just don't get the chance to talk to three of them much!

Lower. Snap on the Philosophy , which I love! English lit, Art & Sociology, which are all good! B for Philosophy, A for Art & Lit, & I haven't checked out my predicted grade for Sociology....

Philosophy.

Oh awesome! What are you studying currently?

Fourteen, maybe?

How long did you know each other?

Yeah, I s'pose you could say I'm close(ish) to him. We have decent conversations (philosophical, intellectual, deep, whatever etc.).

Oh that's pretty cool. Did you live with him as a kid? That must have been kinda cool to have an IEI dad ?

What type was said woman? Anyway, I'm certainly not cruel and abusive. No chance. That's an utter disgrace, regardless of type. I'd fucking put them down in seconds.

IEI. Yay <3! Ooo I like it. That is what I meant by psychologically wack... ^

You can get to know me. Come up to the north sometime. We'll get to know each other more.

LOL o er ( just playing! )... Yes lovely, sounds good to me

And no one is perfect, by the way. No one.

^-^

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Liking it, though there are a major lack in Betas, though I have found a whole quadra, I just don't get the chance to talk to three of them much!
    lol, two - possibly three - of my housemates are Beta. One is EIE, the other is IEI (although he really annoys me for some reason; he might not be an IEI). The possible last is LSI, although I'm not entirely sure. I might be totally confused. He's a bodybuilder, he's quiet, soft-spoken (but with a hidden anger), well-mannered, and he's incredibly routined and disciplined.

Lower.
    Ahh, you're same year as my brother, but he's doing a BTEC. He's not... shall we say, academically inclined?

Snap on the Philosophy , which I love! English lit, Art & Sociology, which are all good! B for Philosophy, A for Art & Lit, & I haven't checked out my predicted grade for Sociology....
    You should do okay. Watch out for Philosophy; a lot of us did worse than expected in A2. I got a C, which is atrocious. Hopefully you'll end up doing it at uni... or something else if you're lucky.

I did English Literature - if you're on for an A, you'll get it. That was the one I found easiest. FWIW, my other A-Level was Ancient History. I loved it, and worked hardest for it out of the three. I got an A in that.

Oh awesome! What are you studying currently?
    The three modules I have exams for this month (the first of which I had today) are 20th Century Analytical Philosophy, Ethics and Philosophy of Science.

How about you?

How long did you know each other?
    We went to school with one another, and although she was two years below, maybe a few years; I'm not in real contact with her anymore, but I think she's on my Facebook. We went through a phase of hanging out, also with another SLE friend who probably converted me from IEI (which is probably why she liked me, hahaha) - no, seriously I used to get ENFP on MBTI - to SLE. He went through a phase of liking her after I told him on a walk to his one afternoon that I wasn't into her - he asked if I liked her, and I foolishly replied "no". In hindsight, I was probably right; maybe I didn't like her, but because she was IEI, there was some kind of stigma attached now to the fact that I should've dated her (I had no idea about socionics at this time). After that... she kind of drifted in with other people. My SLE friend got on the bus one morning and just said "Lorna. Is going out with Keirnan". So yeah, she was incredibly hot, but I just wasn't physically attracted to her, maybe. I can't remember. It musn't have been that important at the time, haha.

Oh that's pretty cool. Did you live with him as a kid? That must have been kinda cool to have an IEI dad ?
    Yeah, I lived with him until I was eighteen (my parents split up a month or so after my eighteenth birthday), so it was no big deal. He moved up to Liverpool shortly thereafter.

I think as a kid I appreciated him as a father, and as much as I appreciated my mother, we couldn't have discussions on the level that my father and I could.

IEI. Yay <3! Ooo I like it. That is what I meant by psychologically wack... ^
    Haha, oh, that. Yeah, tempers.

LOL o er ( just playing! )... Yes lovely, sounds good to me
    That's cute.

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, two - possibly three - of my housemates are Beta. One is EIE, the other is IEI (although he really annoys me for some reason; he might not be an IEI). The possible last is LSI, although I'm not entirely sure. I might be totally confused. He's a bodybuilder, he's quiet, soft-spoken (but with a hidden anger), well-mannered, and he's incredibly routined and disciplined.

! Oh, that sounds like fun! Routined and disciplined?! I don't know any IEI like that !

Ahh, you're same year as my brother, but he's doing a BTEC. He's not... shall we say, academically inclined?

Lol, what type is your brother?

You should do okay. Watch out for Philosophy; a lot of us did worse than expected in A2. I got a C, which is atrocious. Hopefully you'll end up doing it at uni... or something else if you're lucky.

Hopefully, I need to step my game up though. Thanks, I will, there is a lot to learn, and everyone is pretty insecure about that one. Lol, oh I don't think so! It's a pretty hard subject to do well in, at least that's what I am seeing. Lol, yeah that would be cool, but I am not sure if I could, I think I would quite like to do Sociology .

I did English Literature - if you're on for an A, you'll get it. That was the one I found easiest. FWIW, my other A-Level was Ancient History. I loved it, and worked hardest for it out of the three. I got an A in that.

Oh, what texts did you do ? Did you enjoy the Lit, what did you get fot it?

Nice , that's impressive, I did history for GCSE and couldn't remember all those dates ><, how comes you didn't take it at uni?

The three modules I have exams for this month (the first of which I had today) are 20th Century Analytical Philosophy, Ethics and Philosophy of Science.

How did it go? That sounds so interesting!

How about you?

Oh, currently ethics, which we just started yesterday.

We went to school with one another, and although she was two years below, maybe a few years; I'm not in real contact with her anymore, but I think she's on my Facebook. We went through a phase of hanging out, also with another SLE friend who probably converted me from IEI (which is probably why she liked me, hahaha) - no, seriously I used to get ENFP on MBTI - to SLE. He went through a phase of liking her after I told him on a walk to his one afternoon that I wasn't into her - he asked if I liked her, and I foolishly replied "no". In hindsight, I was probably right; maybe I didn't like her, but because she was IEI, there was some kind of stigma attached now to the fact that I should've dated her (I had no idea about socionics at this time). After that... she kind of drifted in with other people. My SLE friend got on the bus one morning and just said "Lorna. Is going out with Keirnan". So yeah, she was incredibly hot, but I just wasn't physically attracted to her, maybe. I can't remember. It musn't have been that important at the time, haha.

Lol! ENFP?! Lol, that's such a major stretch from ESTp ! Oh I get what you mean about the stigma, I have felt that way about some ESTps I have known, even the ones that liked to try and gut people .

Yeah, I lived with him until I was eighteen (my parents split up a month or so after my eighteenth birthday), so it was no big deal. He moved up to Liverpool shortly thereafter.

I think as a kid I appreciated him as a father, and as much as I appreciated my mother, we couldn't have discussions on the level that my father and I could.

What type is your mother?

Haha, oh, that. Yeah, tempers.

^-^

That's cute.

Lol
    -

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

! Oh, that sounds like fun! Routined and disciplined?! I don't know any IEI like that !
    I'm not surprised. I'd love it if I found one. I think there's a very, very slight chance that he is an IEI, but I personally think IJ is more likely, so I'll go with LSI > IEI. To be completely honest with you, I don't actually know what he is - I haven't even narrowed down a quadra yet.

Lol, what type is your brother?
    There was a thread about him a while ago. People thought SF. He is definitely SF. Since then, I've recognised that he's the antithesis of Se/Ni. He is probably ESE, although SEI is possible. I love spending time with him... for about half an hour (unless he's drunk, then +45mins). Then he becomes a pain.

Hopefully, I need to step my game up though.
    That's what I learned, a year too late. I got to A2, and I asked the dumbest question in the world "Ohhh, AS actually counts then!?" I had no idea that it did, so I did less work than I should've done.

I'd give you some hints about what you should write to get an A, but I got a C, so that wouldn't be appropriate, haha.

Oh, what texts did you do ?
    In literature? In my first year, Wilde's A Woman of No Importance, which I quite liked. We studied a novel called Spies, which we all hated so much I can't remember the author's name. We also studied Shakespeare's The Tempest, which was okay. In the second year, We studied Ken Kesey's One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, which was awesome, and Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar, which I also liked quite a bit. We studied Hamlet and watched the film, which was cool.

Did you enjoy the Lit, what did you get fot it?
    I got an A. I actually loved it, and the people just as much. We went to Belgium in my first year which I really enjoyed.

Nice , that's impressive, I did history for GCSE and couldn't remember all those dates ><, how comes you didn't take it at uni?
    Coincidentally, I was discussing this with my EIE best friend today. We decided I wasn't enjoying philosophy, and should've done history instead. Part of me was put off initially by the fact that it required AAB, which I wasn't totally confident I would achieve (and hey, what do you know, I didn't). Also, I was just kind of set on philosophy for some odd reason. I think I wanted flexibility, and it's offered me that. However, as I've matured, I've wished that I'd a) given myself more flexibility by taking a science, like chemistry, and b) taken something else, haha.

How did it go? That sounds so interesting!
    It really, really isn't. If you enjoy the study of language and meaning of words ad nauseum, study at your pleasure. If not, steer well away from it.

Oh, currently ethics, which we just started yesterday.
    Lovely. I have a love/hate relationship with ethics. On the one hand, it's utterly pointless to talk about what one should do, because one can never prove this, and all it amounts to is "well, I believe x!" vs. "well, I believe y!", and belief can't be argued about in this situation. On the other hand, I just play the game, baby, and I get some decent marks for doing so.

Lol! ENFP?! Lol, that's such a major stretch from ESTp !
    Tell me about it. Even in socionics terms, I can't see how an MBTI ENFP could also be an SLE in socionics. Nonetheless, as I grew older, I became far more Thinking, to the point where on some MBTI tests, I actually get 100% Thinking. I also became staunchly Judging. Now, when I take the tests, I'm some variation of a TJ. Rarely will I get Introverted, but some people perceive me as so (there's a Facebook application called MyType which allows you to see what others' perceptions of you are). I'm curiously balanced on the S/N dichotomy, leading me to question my type a lot between ESTJ and ENTJ. Since then I've realised that ENTJ fits slightly better. (Most Eights are ExTJ, although there are large number of INTJ Eights. Of course, none of that translates into socionics. ESTJ, ENTJ and INTJ Eights are all most likely SLEs. The ExTP Eights are most likely SEEs.)

What type is your mother?
    She's either ESE or IEE. I know that's random, but that's what I've boiled it down to. Whatever she is, she's good with people, and her fiancee is probably her dual.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

dinki, make sure you resit basically every first year module you did crap to okay in next January or whenever it is your college has them. My asshole of a Chemistry teacher advised a limit to two or three modules to resit, arguing that anymore than that would leave us unfocussed on the second year of studies.

This was absolutely not true for me at all - I basically walked into the resits I did do after hardly any revision and significantly improved my results.

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not surprised. I'd love it if I found one. I think there's a very, very slight chance that he is an IEI, but I personally think IJ is more likely, so I'll go with LSI > IEI. To be completely honest with you, I don't actually know what he is - I haven't even narrowed down a quadra yet.

I'd love it if I found an SLE. I wish we could tell the type of a person just by looking at them. Though SLEs do all seem to swagger...at least in my experience, now I just need an excuse to speak to them ! Does he get along with your other housemates?

There was a thread about him a while ago. People thought SF. He is definitely SF. Since then, I've recognised that he's the antithesis of Se/Ni. He is probably ESE, although SEI is possible. I love spending time with him... for about half an hour (unless he's drunk, then +45mins). Then he becomes a pain.

lol!

That's what I learned, a year too late. I got to A2, and I asked the dumbest question in the world "Ohhh, AS actually counts then!?" I had no idea that it did, so I did less work than I should've done.

I'd give you some hints about what you should write to get an A, but I got a C, so that wouldn't be appropriate, haha.

LOL. Thanks for telling me that, ha, I am blowing so much stuff off, if I keep it up I am going to fail the whole year, I keep spacing on how important this year is .

In literature? In my first year, Wilde's A Woman of No Importance, which I quite liked. We studied a novel called Spies, which we all hated so much I can't remember the author's name. We also studied Shakespeare's The Tempest, which was okay. In the second year, We studied Ken Kesey's One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, which was awesome, and Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar, which I also liked quite a bit. We studied Hamlet and watched the film, which was cool.

Hmm, yeah the Tempest isn't one of his best. I prefer Marlowe to Shakespeare! Have you read any of his stuff? Though I do love Othello and Romeo and Julliet! One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest - what is that about?

I got an A. I actually loved it, and the people just as much. We went to Belgium in my first year which I really enjoyed.

Oh nice xD! Ooo Belgium, I'd love to go there, sounds amazing!

Coincidentally, I was discussing this with my EIE best friend today. We decided I wasn't enjoying philosophy, and should've done history instead. Part of me was put off initially by the fact that it required AAB, which I wasn't totally confident I would achieve (and hey, what do you know, I didn't). Also, I was just kind of set on philosophy for some odd reason. I think I wanted flexibility, and it's offered me that. However, as I've matured, I've wished that I'd a) given myself more flexibility by taking a science, like chemistry, and b) taken something else, haha.

Lol . Oh dear, that bums...what year of uni are you in, are you just going to keep it up? What do you want to do when you leave uni (roughly ^-^)? Do you live with your EIE friend?

It really, really isn't. If you enjoy the study of language and meaning of words ad nauseum, study at your pleasure. If not, steer well away from it.

Oh, yikes! Really?! But it looked so interesting! Thank you for telling me this, I was actually thinking about taking it!

Lovely. I have a love/hate relationship with ethics. On the one hand, it's utterly pointless to talk about what one should do, because one can never prove this, and all it amounts to is "well, I believe x!" vs. "well, I believe y!", and belief can't be argued about in this situation. On the other hand, I just play the game, baby, and I get some decent marks for doing so.

Yes lol, I love debating and hate debating about ethics (which is all we seem to do since we started the topic!), because as you say, it is all just opinions and opinions are just extensions of ego so no matter if ones argument makes more sense than anothers, the other will never back down, it gives me a headache and some of them are so ignorant (though I love how diverse everyone in the class is, most of them are fucking awesome)! I enjoy it because it pulls me out of myself and these are the kind of things I want to talk more about, but my friends are always like -what?!- lol ^-^!

Tell me about it. Even in socionics terms, I can't see how an MBTI ENFP could also be an SLE in socionics. Nonetheless, as I grew older, I became far more Thinking, to the point where on some MBTI tests, I actually get 100% Thinking. I also became staunchly Judging. Now, when I take the tests, I'm some variation of a TJ. Rarely will I get Introverted, but some people perceive me as so (there's a Facebook application called MyType which allows you to see what others' perceptions of you are). I'm curiously balanced on the S/N dichotomy, leading me to question my type a lot between ESTJ and ENTJ. Since then I've realised that ENTJ fits slightly better. (Most Eights are ExTJ, although there are large number of INTJ Eights. Of course, none of that translates into socionics. ESTJ, ENTJ and INTJ Eights are all most likely SLEs. The ExTP Eights are most likely SEEs.)

Oh that's interesting! I hear that SLEs come in the Three variety, I wouldn't have thought that that correlated! What would you say are common etypes for ISTjs?

I only really know the Enneagram in depth, I want to learn more about Socionics, but I prefer to read books rather than learn from the net and there are like no good books on the topic!

100%? Whoa...hmm, though I guess you couldn't totally trust others perceptions with the Facebook MyType application as I don't think most people really understand what those words mean, like I just typed my sister as an introvert, and she became very defensive because she related it to being socially inept. Ugh, this is also why I HATE that BigFive shit, or whatever it is, have you heard of that? It's something about winners having 'desirebale' traits, one of the traits is openess and another one is extroversion, it's like people use words wihtout even understanding the meaning of them! That's why I don't like telling people about socionics; they probaly don't care, they don't understand based on what little I can tell them and it kind of devalues the individual.

She's either ESE or IEE. I know that's random, but that's what I've boiled it down to. Whatever she is, she's good with people, and her fiancee is probably her dual.

LOL. That is pretty random! What do you think about her fiancee, maybe that will help you decide her type?

Also, are you watching (the new) Skins? I think the characters are dimensional enough to type ! Though not with the first episode only =).

/''

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Bollocks. I forgot about Skins.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd love it if I found an SLE. I wish we could tell the type of a person just by looking at them. Though SLEs do all seem to swagger...at least in my experience, now I just need an excuse to speak to them !
    Haha, I know what you mean. I definitely swagger when I walk.

Does he get along with your other housemates?
    The untypeable? Yeah, definitely, we have an odd relationship with him. I don't really know how to describe it.

I prefer Marlowe to Shakespeare! Have you read any of his stuff?
    I'm ashamed to say I haven't actually heard of him... :/

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest - what is that about?
    An unjust psychiatric ward run by a tyrant. Then this guy who is evidently not insane arrives on the scene and starts something with the ward. Very good read; I highly recommend it. The author actually put himself through electroshock therapy in order to gain the kinds of experiences that patients at this time in America (around the '50s and early '60s) endured.

[quote]Lol . Oh dear, that bums...what year of uni are you in, are you just going to keep it up? What do you want to do when you leave uni (roughly ^-^)?

I'm in my second year. I'm definitely keeping up with it, as I have more choice next year; more independence based around what I want to study within philosophy. This way I can steer clear of the modules I'm weak in/don't enjoy.

When I leave, for a long time I wanted to study law, but I've had rethinks quite recently, and I'm considering a wider range of career paths now. I'm applying for work experience so as to clearly define what I want to do. I'm big on planning my life, so it's important to me that I know what I want to do. Otherwise I end up depressed and pissed off.

Do you know what you want to do later on in life?

Do you live with your EIE friend?
    I have two EIE friends. Mr. Saturn posted on here for a while, but I don't live with him; he's one of my best friends from home. The other EIE is my housemate, but recently I've been wondering whether he might actually be an SLE. I'm not certain, but I'm keeping an open mind. As far as I'm concerned, he's definitely Beta extrovert.

Oh, yikes! Really?! But it looked so interesting! Thank you for telling me this, I was actually thinking about taking it!
    Haha, sorry to put you off. It all depends on the uni you go to. Just make sure you think carefully about what you want to do, otherwise you might end up in a similar position to me.

I enjoy it because it pulls me out of myself and these are the kind of things I want to talk more about, but my friends are always like -what?!- lol ^-^!
    That's the problem with non-philosophers. You're engrossed in an incredible world for so long... and then the responses to your enthusiasm from the "normal" people are completely mundane.

Oh that's interesting! I hear that SLEs come in the Three variety, I wouldn't have thought that that correlated! What would you say are common etypes for ISTjs?
    Ones, Sixes and Eights, mainly. You could probably find some Threes, but these are less likely. I'd struggle to agree with much else.

SLEs are apparently Threes, but I'm sceptical. There's too much in the SLE that conflicts with the main focus of Threes, I think.

I only really know the Enneagram in depth, I want to learn more about Socionics, but I prefer to read books rather than learn from the net and there are like no good books on the topic!
    Yeah, it's a shame about that. There is too much conflicting evidence, and every real socionist is Russian! I think Rick should write a book. I'd buy it.

Ugh, this is also why I HATE that BigFive shit, or whatever it is, have you heard of that?
    I have indeed. I think I was SLOAN or SCOAN; can't remember which. What are you?

LOL. That is pretty random! What do you think about her fiancee, maybe that will help you decide her type?
    Well, he is ENFP in MBTI (he took the £99 test), so that gave me a bit of a clue. I think he is Delta, and is either SLI or IEE.

Also, are you watching (the new) Skins? I think the characters are dimensional enough to type ! Though not with the first episode only =).
    I don't have a TV. I'll watch it on 4oD probably, in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    Same. Catch it on 4oD.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    merk.. let's see you learn to keep a secret.
    i haven't told anyone about your condition.

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    It's on E4 at 10.45 tonight !

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4oD is fucking shit. The stream is appalling.

I'm downloading a torrent of it.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I can't get 4OD because my version of Windows isn't very legal so I can't get WMP11 . I've recorded the repeat, but I can't be bothered to watch it yet.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

I don't believe you.
    Well now's the time to start.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

don't tell me what to do.
    how cute.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

s??cosker?

LOL Roobles
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep it going! This thread is fucking hilarious!
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really?
    What do you mean "really?" Are you saying that this is not funny or do you mean that you are surprised that I think it is humorous?
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both!
    After reading this thread for the fourth time, I think I misidentified the mood. I did not read the whole thread from start to finish, so I assumed that Glam was joking when she spoke of keeping secretes and and Merk saying that she had some condition. I am actually quite embarrassed right now.
    --Theodore Roosevelt

-- Mark Twain

-- Confucius

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast