TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INTJs: Schizoid or Schizotypal,for MysticSonic in particular

Hi everyone,
    Lets decide once and for all: are INTJs solitary or idiosyncratic (as seen here: www.ptypes.com
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if that is really a wise discinction to make...
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. Itès just that there is a difference between INTJ and INTP and we need to find it somehow. I know that there are descriptions out there f the differences but they are not deep enough. This website is more insightful. Any specific disagreements one might have could also be added, but I would like to know whether INTJ identify more with the traits of Schizoid or Schizotypal. MysticSonic is a member of that site so he would have a better knowledge.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Lets decide once and for all: are INTJs solitary or idiosyncratic"

Maybe they're both and maybe they're neither. It will obviously vary from INTj to INTj. The fact that one typology system contains 16 types and another typology system contains 16 types also doesn't mean that the types will align into a clear-cut system.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do INTJs identify more with (1) or with (2):

(1)
    -almost always chooses solitary activities
    -prefers to be alone

(2)-odd beliefs or magical thinking that influences behavior and is inconsistent with subcultural norms (e.g., superstitiousness, belief in clairvoyance, telepathy, or "sixth sense"; in children and adolescents, bizarre fantasies or preoccupations);
    -ideas of reference

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, certainly not the second one, and not the first one

I had an alright childhood. I just ended up spending a lot of time alone during middle school and highschool, and my independence was obviously related.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so are we going to go backwards now, and start to identify types using examples in mentally disordered people, rather than well-adjusted people?

Quote Originally Posted by tempus
    "Lets decide once and for all: are INTJs solitary or idiosyncratic"

Maybe they're both and maybe they're neither. It will obviously vary from INTj to INTj. The fact that one typology system contains 16 types and another typology system contains 16 types also doesn't mean that the types will align into a clear-cut system.
    i agree with tempus. what's the difference between this, and forcing MBTI to fit with socionics?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK I edited the post to remove the childhood bit and left the rest. I would like to know though whether INTJs are more solitary or more idiosyncratic in thought. We all have both of course, we all want solitude and yet have our own ideas, but which one is the most important. If you have to choose between changing your opinion and being left alone what would you doÉ If the inquisition came and said the Earth is flat, agree or you will be tortured , which would you choose

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm more schizoid than I am schizotypal, as far as I can tell. Others'll tell you otherwise, though.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    I'm more schizoid than I am schizotypal, as far as I can tell. Others'll tell you otherwise, though.
    How do you determine that

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"How do you determine that"

Self-reflection, which, I must admit, I'm not terribly skilled at; as such, it would not be wise to accept stated self-reports from me as reliable.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know I really don't mind being around other introverts. I could hang around other introverts all day long every day. (at least as much as extroverts hang around each other) Solitary and idiosyncratic really don't capture these personalities, because they are by their nature relative terms with relative applications.

If the extrovert doesn't say anything to the introvert because the introvert doesn't want to talk about what the extrovert wants to talk about, who is the solitary party?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    You know I really don't mind being around other introverts. I could hang around other introverts all day long every day. (at least as much as extroverts hang around each other) Solitary and idiosyncratic really don't capture these personalities, because they are by their nature relative terms with relative applications.

If the extrovert doesn't say anything to the introvert because the introvert doesn't want to talk about what the extrovert wants to talk about, who is the solitary party?
    Yes I am like this too. I don't mind other introverts company maybe because i feel more closer to them psychologically, like we have something in common