Thread: Are INTps and ENTjs generally absent-minded with lowered awareness of their surroundings?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Are INTps and ENTjs generally absent-minded with lowered awareness of their surroundings?

Are gamma NTs absent minded

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can forget where I have placed an object. I can forget to do household shit. I am somewhat messy.

However, when I'm doing something - driving, walking, studying, writing, working - I am not absent-minded. I never forget things that involve other people - like, appointments. I am never late (I actually hate being late).
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the definition I am using for absent minded:

So lost in thought as to be unaware of one's surroundings

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FDG,

from your answer it seem you are not absent minded.

Perhaps this is how to differentiate between Alpha and Gamma NTs

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given that definition, I am not absent-minded at all.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what do intps think about this?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hugo you frighten me ....

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With your definition, I am not absent-minded.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm usually aware of my surroundings. If I'm concentrating, it can take me a moment to respond to something, but I'm still aware of it as it happens. If someone asks me a question while I"m deep in thought, it will half-register and get pushed to the side until I'm done with the thought (which could be a few seconds or a few minutes later), then the question will fully register and I'll reply.

Even though I'm aware of my surroundings while thinking about other things, my field of vision doesn't really move around. So if I'm walking along and looking straight ahead and get absorbed in a thought, if something like the level of sidewalk changes, I'll trip. If I'm walking along and looking in a more downward direction, I won't.

Creepy-pokeball

pwned.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    pwned.
    I still don't get that

"owned" ?

It really makes me think of a pawn shop -I pawned you.
    Like I sold you.
    Like....... I walked into a pawn shop and spoke to the old guy, and then I traded you in for a cheap ring or something

Or is that what it meant all a long?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Creepy-pokeball

It's gamer speak. It is probably from the p being next to the o and gamers typo A LOT so it probably got passed down as a joke.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

speaking of that, i will seriously pwn any noobs in CS who want it.
    asd

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CS ..... SUCKS!!!!!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamicism
    There are times when I can get really lost in thought and become somewhat unaware of things around me. But most of the time I'm hyper-aware of everything going on around me.
    Maybe you belong to alpha quadra then

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What can I say, except that I can apply FDG's comments to my own perception.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    There are times when I can get really lost in thought and become somewhat unaware of things around me. But most of the time I'm hyper-aware of everything going on around me.
    Maybe you belong to alpha quadra then
    Nope.
    why do you think you are entj, if you don't mind me asking

I know an entj who used to think they were intj.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hugo: by your definition, I am absent minded.

I think its interesting ENTJs aerent. Maybe its more of an introverted thing, what do you think.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cone (INTp) said he is not absent minded

could you be intj

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I dont think so, no. Its always possible but I dont think Im another type than INTP.

Actaully, to be honest, I dont think your theory is proving anything. Look dynamicism and myself are absent minded, whereas cone, fdg, and expat are not.

Maybe you should ask the alpha NTs if they are.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheerio
    Actaully, to be honest, I dont think your theory is proving anything. Look dynamicism and myself are absent minded, whereas cone, fdg, and expat are not.

Theoretically people of the same type are supposed see things exactly the same way.

It cannot be possible in theory that one ENTj is absent mided and the other entj is not.

Therefore someone must have mistyped themself.

I believe absent-mindedness is speciifcally to do with .

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Theoretically people of the same type are supposed see things exactly the same way.

It cannot be possible in theory that one ENTj is absent mided and the other entj is not.

Therefore someone must have mistyped themself.

I believe absent-mindedness is speciifcally to do with .
    No, nowere in theory does it say that people of the same type must see things the exact same way. Im not sure what theory your talking about, but it is not socionics. Socionics functions are very general things, different people can use them very differently.

Dont tell people that they have mistyped themselves because your theory sucks. It probably took you two hours to come up with it, whereas, Ive been studying my type for over nine months. You are incerdibly rude and immature, you probably dont get invited to alot of parties with that kind of an attitude.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics functions are very general things, different people can use them very differently.
    Not if people are the same type. For reference see socionics.com - identical relations.

Dont tell people that they have mistyped themselves because your theory sucks. It probably took you two hours to come up with it, whereas, Ive been studying my type for over nine months. You are incerdibly rude and immature, you probably dont get invited to alot of parties with that kind of an attitude.
    Calm down dude.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Do a little homework and show me where it say that people of the same type see things exactly the same way.

And I am calm. You should stop being so presumtous and dogmatic in your attitide, because it really is pretty rude. There are other people in the world, not just you, and you cant just go around telling them theyre wrong like you were some kind of a prophet.

I know your conviced your right, but I have not mistyped myself. I dont see why you cant admit your theory is wrong, when at the beginning of this thread, you werent sure it was right("maybe this is the difference between alpha and gamma NTs"). Maybe this is not the difference between gamma and alpha NTs, your theory has been tested, proved inconclusive at this point, and you need another one.

*shrug*

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the record, I'm incredibly absent-minded.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In practice it's possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If that counts, I knew an INTp who would take the wrong tram to school and then realize it after a while. But that is an uncommon case, obviously.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do a little homework and show me where it say that people of the same type see things exactly the same way.

And I am calm. You should stop being so presumtous and dogmatic in your attitide, because it really is pretty rude. There are other people in the world, not just you, and you cant just go around telling them theyre wrong like you were some kind of a prophet.

I know your conviced your right, but I have not mistyped myself. I dont see why you cant admit your theory is wrong, when at the beginning of this thread, you werent sure it was right("maybe this is the difference between alpha and gamma NTs"). Maybe this is not the difference between gamma and alpha NTs, your theory has been tested, proved inconclusive at this point, and you need another one.

*shrug*
    Identical relations from socionics.com:

Identical partners see the world with identical eyes, identically work out received information, come to identical conclusions and have identical problems.

Please don't take me as rude. It is not my intention.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*shrug*

Identical partners see the world with identical eyes, identically work out received information, come to identical conclusions and have identical problems.

'identical eyes' do not necessarily mean equally absent-minded.

when i go on autopilot i'm extremely absent-minded. i'd take a wrong turn, and then remember that today i'm taking a different route to work because i'm not starting the day at the office. like this morning. or i'd forget my phone, because it wasn't placed where i usually place it, and it didn't occur to me to look for it because usually i don't think about it.

but when i'm not on autopilot, i can't say that i'm very absent-minded, unlike my brother, who forgets everything that isn't chained to him. sure, i forget that i was supposed to take out the garbage five minutes after i promised my mother, especially if she asked me to do it while i'm occupied with something else. but in general i remember things if i tell myself to. at work, i remember virtually everything, and scare the heck out of my contractors.

besides, you have a problem of absent-mindedness. it's affecting your life/efficiency. you work on it to mitigate it. not so very absent-minded anymore. as a girl, it's far less acceptable for me to be forgetful etc. as i'm expected to pick up more of the slack around the house. i couldn't afford to be absent-minded or my mother will have to do everything.

i took 'identical eyes' to mean identical types understand the world in the same way. the way they see the world is the same. not that they all forget their keys, or don't forget their keys. or they all don't notice things around them to exactly the same degree, or are totally aware to exactly the same degree.

not to mention that maybe i like to think of myself as totally aware, but i'm not, actually. or that people tell me i'm absent-minded when i'm not, really, so i think i am, even though i'm not. or that i'm half and half, depending on what i'm doing or thinking about. there are simply too many variables.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're on autopilot lol lol

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

*shrug*

Alright I wont take you as rude. :wink:

I think that statement might be a bit exagerated. I respect alot of Ganin's ideas, but I simply dont see how two people can be exactly the same. An ENTJ(example) who is schizophrenic is not gonna see or perceive received information like one who isnt. I think there are other factors other than socioncs which cause differences between identicals.

Heres another thing to consider: subtypes were invented to explain differences between people of the same type. This means these differences are seen by experts such as gulenko and others. If cone is the logical subtype, as he says, and Im inuition subtype, as I think, then that could explain why he isnt absent minded, and I am.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that statement might be a bit exagerated. I respect alot of Ganin's ideas, but I simply dont see how two people can be exactly the same. An ENTJ(example) who is schizophrenic is not gonna see or perceive received information like one who isnt. I think there are other factors other than socioncs which cause differences between identicals.

Heres another thing to consider: subtypes were invented to explain differences between people of the same type. This means these differences are seen by experts such as gulenko and others. If cone is the logical subtype, as he says, and Im inuition subtype, as I think, then that could explain why he isnt absent minded, and I am.
    I agree with that, but on the other hand I think Hugo has a point (although perhaps it's not always valid). I meet ENTjs very seldom, but when I do, there is this weird I'm-looking-at-a-mirror feeling, which precisely because ENTjs are rare, I never expect to feel. Last time it happened just by talking on the phone with the guy.

So I do think there is something to being identical, but it may not work for all individuals, and subtypes may well make a big difference as you said.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gugu_ baba
    you're on autopilot lol lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    I meet ENTjs very seldom, but when I do, there is this weird I'm-looking-at-a-mirror feeling, which precisely because ENTjs are rare, I never expect to feel. Last time it happened just by talking on the phone with the guy.
    hmm..I wonder types that are not so rare, do they get the same feeling whoa it's like I see myself in a mirror?? I'd much like to know this one.

and isn't absent-mindedness related to Ni or Ne? Maybe N dominant people are more likely to be absent-minded? (ENTps, INTps, ENFps and INFps). So ENTjs less.