Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not identifying with Identicals in typing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    I think there was one other IEE I knew growing up, but our friend circles were different so I didn't hang around him at all. Hm. I'm kind of used to being the only IEE around. I'm not sure where the rest are hiding.
    I know a group of 3-4 IEEs that hang out regularly. They're fun. More fun if you've got some Te to balance them out, their erratic behaviors stress me out.
    ILE - Ti.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    By "associate" do you mean hang out with or identify with? I'm guessing you mean more the latter, in which case I think I might agree with you. Although, I do like comparing myself with others of my type because I happen to enjoy noticing individual differences. I think, in any case, that whether one relates to one's supposed identicals or not should only be a part of the evaluative process.
    Thanks, clear answer.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Thanks, clear answer.
    lol, you're welcome.

It's kind of funny, actually, to see how many people can't/don't read (i.e. pretty much everybody in this thread). It seems most just read the topic title and then assume they know what the OP is about.

I guess it's a lesson in communication psychology.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I agree, ethical identicals have a lot more compatibility than logical identicals. For example, seeing two LIIs in a room would just be *very* weird and awkward. They're the type that needs an opposite definitely.

However, I've always been able to be compatible with other IEIs. This also has to do with my enneagram type as well, similarities comfort 6s.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hostage_Child View Post
    Identicals are boring, usually. Too stand-offish and hard to get to know. We're identicals, after all.
    I'd kind of like to romance an identical.
    ILE - Ti.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously, did anybody get Jarno's OP other than me? Anybody?

Not that it's bad to let conversations take different courses, and most of what's in this thread is interesting and potentially useful. But did anybody actually understand and react to his original thought?

Because - in case you didn't realize this - whether or not you like to hang out with your identicals was not the question.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't mind associating myself with stereotypes of my type. I mean I guess I realize there are healthy and unhealthy versions of every type. Some of the stereotypes fit, some are over the top, I guess I just figure any intelligent person is going to get to know me as an individual and not automatically think "she must be this way because she's IEI".
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I hang out with other ILEs it usually perpetuates a bit of a gong show. Off-the-wall loonies.

It's never good to be not Ti-ILE playing strategy games with us because we get hyper-analytical and have to break down everything that happens and all possible alternatives to what did and could have happened. We seem to find it fun and a necessary part of improving our game-play, but most other people seem to get annoyed.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    When I hang out with other ILEs it usually perpetuates a bit of a gong show. Off-the-wall loonies.

It's never good to be not Ti-ILE playing strategy games with us because we get hyper-analytical and have to break down everything that happens and all possible alternatives to what did and could have happened. We seem to find it fun and a necessary part of improving our game-play, but most other people seem to get annoyed.
    sounds like a riot, actually. I would enjoy that. For awhile anyway. I suppose eventually it would make me tired.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously, did anybody get Jarno's OP other than me? Anybody?
    Thank you, you reminded me to actually read the OP! And my answer is 'yes', in both senses. Although I'd prefer hanging out with ESEs, I like to both relate to and hang out with LIIs. I've often compared myself with Descartes, and I've had quite a few nice discussions with people similar to me - at least some of who had to be LIIs.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post

Isn't that being tapped though?

Also, hell yes to being ILE! We've got Einstein and David Deutsch!

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I don't mind associating myself with stereotypes of my type. I mean I guess I realize there are healthy and unhealthy versions of every type. Some of the stereotypes fit, some are over the top, I guess I just figure any intelligent person is going to get to know me as an individual and not automatically think "she must be this way because she's IEI".
    Yay

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    Thank you, you reminded me to actually read the OP! And my answer is 'yes', in both senses.
    That's good...

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    Although I'd prefer hanging out with ESEs, I like to both relate to and hang out with LIIs. I've often compared myself with Descartes, and I've had quite a few nice discussions with people similar to me - at least some of who had to be LIIs.
    Ok...

Do you use how you relate or compare to other LIIs as a way to determine or measure your own typing? Or, to put it another way, if another LII acts much differently than you in some ways, does that make you doubt your own type? (I'm here rephrasing part of what I understand to be Jarno's idea.)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you use how you relate or compare to other LIIs as a way to determine or measure your own typing? Or, to put it another way, if another LII acts much differently than you in some ways, does that make you doubt your own type? (I'm here rephrasing part of what I understand to be Jarno's idea.)
    I don't often type people definitely, so the LIIs that aren't similar to me just end up in my "I don't know" list.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you like to associate yourself with people of your type?
    Yeah, I do.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I generally enjoy being with most ENFj-NI but theres differences, different belief, enviornment, goal and subtypes all changes BUt all in all we share this "let the guard down" feeling where we are not pressure so much in social situation to do certains things.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it comes down to the definition of the word "associate" I think. Jarno may have meant "affiliated with" and others may have took the word to mean "keep company with", both of which are accurate definitions.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    it comes down to the definition of the word "associate" I think. Jarno may have meant "affiliated with" and others may have took the word to mean "keep company with", both of which are accurate definitions.
    exactly.

It seems that some people look at other persons with whom they share the same type and they start to think, hey, that's not how I am, or how I want to be, or want to be associated with. As in associations.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like associating myself with other beaners. They're too brown.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

exactly.

It seems that some people look at other persons with whom they share the same type and they start to think, hey, that's not how I am, or how I want to be, or want to be associated with. As in associations.
    Hm. Well, I notice things I have in common with others, and of course I notice differences, but usually in the context of enjoying such traits. When I catch myself disliking something in another person, I'm more likely to think "This is not what I want to hang around" rather than confuse it with something in myself. Doubtlessly some of those times have been hypocritical, but my point is that I don't see my associations as predicated on how I "identify" with others, but rather how well I enjoy their company, or how easily I get things done with them.

To clarify, I have definitely felt myself caught in a situation where I thought "I do NOT want to be associated with this person." However, I didn't think that my change in opinion of that person's character meant that I was mistaken about something within myself.

... still not sure I'm explaining that clearly. Do you get what I mean? If not, I can try to explain it another way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gosh. I am loving this IEI friend of mine, he's a peach. Great for self-development; I can check out my potential in some areas and check I am not sucking out in the ways he is. In groups, we just kind of go into our own little bubble and hang there together, talking about whatever we want to .

The only issue I have is that he MOANS and over thinks and gets down on himself when he is awesome . Argh, but I guess that's not type related.

I have also known two other IEIs, got along very well with one of them and the other got on well with, she's sweet and he quite liked each other but she wasn't as interesting to me as the others.

So hell yeah for identicals, as long as they are interesting and not unhealthy; but that pretty much goes for everyone!
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you like to associate yourself with people of your type?
    Evidently not, in practice. Almost all of my close associations - if I can be said to have any - are with betas or deltas. Gammas are the least represented quadra.
    Greetings, ragnar
    ILI knowledge-seeker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12