Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 53

Thread: Which types are better at certain subjects?

  1. #1
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,695
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Which types are better at certain subjects?

    Does personality type and skill at a subject correlate with one another? Is it something that has to do with talent and skill and personality type has no impact whatsoever?

    Here is my idea of which types would be best at a certain area.

    Mathematics: INTj, INTp

    Business: ENTj, ESTj

    English: INFp, ENFj

    Gym: ESTp, ISTp

    Okay, I just realized how biased those are, so I don't expect anyone to take those too seriously.

    Anyways is being an introverted thinker make you better at mathematics?

    Do introverted feelers have that extra edge when it comes to language comprehension and writing. *Essays don't count because they are utterly ridiculous and stupid in my opinion.*

    Do extraverted thinkers have that extra edge at memorization?

    Anyways, you guys know what I'm talking through my illogical rambling, what is your opinion on this matter?
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

  2. #2
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    It is easier to do this in reverse as in, "Which types are least likely to be comfortable in which subject areas." This is because it is likely that people are highly diverse but there are often strongly weak areas, learned or inate, that really rip them a new hole--so to speak.

  3. #3
    Hiding Typhon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Valhalla
    TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Posts
    2,645
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think Im better at busniness or english than math. But hey, thats me.

  4. #4
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,626
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm better at languages, then business and math on par.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  5. #5
    Creepy-

    Default

    These things always make me roll my eyes...

    Btw, English was the only subject I ever failed

    My best/most comfortable area is biological science. I can do very well at physics and chemistry but only when I can really be bothered or when they are directly relevant to biological sciences (or maybe music).

    My true calling is actually to taxonomy and I don't really understand why I'm doing a related degree.... oh well

    (This is probably the only point you could use to argue that I'm not an IEI, because supposedly we're good at language and whatnot (according to Rocky's BrainTypes as well) but uh.......*shrug*)

    Oh, and I love geometry and trigonometry! But doing all the related graphs and stats stuff is soooooooooooooooooo tedious!

  6. #6

    Default

    Strange thread.

    I’m really average at mathematics. I was a year above the other people in my age rage when I was in school, but I was never really amused. I quit school and my math stayed at about the same level. So I guess I have the math skills of a normal adult.

    Chemistry seems to be the INTp subject of choice. I’m pretty good with chemistry but I really was beast in language and history classes.

  7. #7
    Cone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,717
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sycophant
    Chemistry seems to be the INTp subject of choice. Iím pretty good with chemistry but I really was beast in language and history classes.
    Spooky. My INTp cousin is going to study chemistry in college. We love to discuss chemistry in our spare time.

    Anyway, I guess I'll pull a Joy and say I can be good at whatever I want to be. I was a genius in my computer programming class, and the only subjects I could never comprehend were electronics and detective stories.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

  8. #8
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Actually, I don't believe INTjs like math at all.

    I know two, and one absolutely fears/hates it and one can just barely stand it.

    The two are both very good at English.

    As for me an xNFx (since I'm in between stages here, trying to figure out what the hell type I really am)

    I'm quite skilled in English as well. I have been getting 95 and above on all my essays this year. I also love creative writing, when I actually sit down and do it.

    Don't enjoy math. Science - I've been getting top marks in my class... I really liked Chemistry, but in actuality, I don't love Sci. either. But it would be cool to be some kind of science whiz or something.

    I excelled in Business! Yes, it's true... that's weird for xNFx, I'd think. Top mark in my class as well.

    Oh, lookie here... it does say students who use xNxP are more likely to succeed in academics.

    http://personal.ashland.edu/~jpiirto/mbti.htm


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycophant
    Chemistry seems to be the INTp subject of choice. I’m pretty good with chemistry but I really was beast in language and history classes.
    Spooky. My INTp cousin is going to study chemistry in college. We love to discuss chemistry in our spare time.

    Anyway, I guess I'll pull a Joy and say I can be good at whatever I want to be. I was a genius in my computer programming class, and the only subjects I could never comprehend were electronics and detective stories.
    I cold pwn you at detective stories.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That thread made me LOL.

    You don't believe that, do you? It's completely self-fulling. Besides, if you did believe it, then I'm sure you'd at least believe that you are an INFJ, no?

    I also love how they also claim it's an SJ world again. Boo-whoo-who... grow up, and stop blaming your problems on other people like it's a fact those evil "SJs" run the world or something.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i don't know if it could be put down to type, exactly. there are a lot of variables - like motivation, and the way the individual classes were taught, etc.

    i was good at everything except physical education (that's probably gym to you) and art class. my business sense is good, which was why i passed my company's employment selection process in the first place, but i have totally no interest in it (hey, they tested if i was good in it, they didn't ask me if i wanted to do it).

    i was good at math, but i wouldn't say i loved it in particular. in school i loved creative writing the most, and still do. during my first degree i loved learning coastal processes, which led me to do a bit of marine science for my masters. still in love with the sea.

  12. #12

    Default

    Leave him be, he is young and confused.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    actually, rocky, i really can't see where in this thread it was mentioned or implied that SJs rule the world, presumably with little regard to the rest of us.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Keirsey (1978) said, "SJ teachers . . . are not only the types most likely to choose teaching (56% of all teachers), but they are also the types who are most likely to stay in teaching as a lifelong career" (p. 6). The SJ type teacher may be especially intimidating to a sensitive artistic male...

    ...If most educators tend to fall into the S type, how will they meet the needs of the N preferring students that exist in their classrooms, for it is the truth that most talented students are in the regular classroom most of the time during their elementary school years. The answer lies in having a full understanding of the attributes of the N and S types. Briefly, the S type relies on their senses for understanding and learning. They perceive reality as pieces funneled through their senses. If they can not use their senses, learning will be minimized. On the other hand, the N type is quite the opposite. They rely on their hunches or inner sense. They perceive reality as a world of opportunity and possibilities. The big picture is clear to them and they create ways to be an integral part of it. As teachers understand these differences between the insight-driven N students and their own preference for the concrete S activity, they can then begin to plan and implement the mode of instruction that will produce the highest results for each type's learning preference.

    The NPís may have a particularly difficult time being understood and challenged by their SJ teachers in the elementary and high school, but as they grow older, more N teachers will appear (however, these will most likely be NJís, although P preferring professors seem to gravitate towards the arts), and in fact, studies of college professors have shown that most of them prefer N (for example, see Cooper and Miller, 1991)...

    ...Unfortunately the present educational system and the real world resist adjusting to or accommodating these NP characteristics and the androgynous male Fís and female Tís. Jones and Sherman (1979) suggest students need to become aware of their types and taught the advantages of using their inferior functions for surviving in the classroom and in the world. Though the SN types are thought to be inborn differences and quite resistant to change, the TF and JP types seem to develop as learned behaviors and are more flexible to changing. However, more tolerance of these artistic and academic Nís and Pís may also be called for. The world of the school is indeed duplicated in the world of work, but the world as a whole needs the talents of its Nís and Pís, who may receive irretrievable damage from having their creativity stifled in the SJ school by unaware J teachers who may not appreciate their N and P viewpoints, styles, insight, and perspicacity.
    Pretty much, the whole thing was made up of stereotypes.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    42
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I came near or at the top of all my classes in high school. I did 2 classes of advanced maths, chemistry, english literature, history and french.
    At uni, I probably did best in maths and french. I also enjoyed psych and biol although I think I only did well in them due to my amazing ability to memorise stuff (that is very handy).
    I sucked at computer programming, physics, advanced chemistry.
    At school I absolutely hated art, gym, home ec (I LOATHE sewing), anything manual/technical.

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    42
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Pretty much, the whole thing was made up of stereotypes.
    Yeah, it's funny, I have read that ISFJs actually generally make good teachers because they are so interested in meeting other people's needs. Can you imagine an INTP being that attentive to the needs of others.. especially sensors!?

  17. #17
    mimisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    821
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In general, NFs are considered to have the best ability among all types with learning languages and also creative writing skill. I think it's true.

    Me I was the best in my class group at history, memorizing events, dates and names.
    It is a bit more difficult for me to put the information in phrases.
    With maths and languages I was equally as bad!!

    Anyways is being an introverted thinker make you better at mathematics?
    I think being a thinker (introverted or extroverted) makes you better with calculating, precision, accuracy things like that, but not with maths specifficaly

    Do introverted feelers have that extra edge when it comes to language comprehension and writing. *Essays don't count because they are utterly ridiculous and stupid in my opinion.*
    Not only introverted feelers, all feelers yes I think so. And essays included :wink:



    @everybody: not all stereotypes are false perceptions.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    oh, that thread. i thought this thread.

    anyways, most schoolteachers are SJ. i don't know about where you are, but over here the school system is very SJ. it has to be, for reasons of practicality, and really, SJs are naturally inclined to the idea of bringing up the next generation and inculcating traditions and values. let's face it, NTs can't be bothered. and so long as the teacher can appreciate different needs of children, even children unlike themselves, and do not have a set view of what all people should be like, then hey, i have no problem with that teacher. but many teachers do have preconceived notions of what a perfect child should be. and many teachers give very little freedom in the classroom and in schoolwork, often prescribing rules even for supposedly creative exercises, having ideas such as this is creative, this is stupid.

    i remember the teachers i had who were not like this. looking back, the english teacher in form four was probably ESFp, the english teacher in form two might have been SJ but certainly not ISTj or ISFj. i can't really tell if the repressive teachers were all or mostly SJs, because being a top student i was their favourite anyway despite my indifference to it, so i can't tell if they would've been less tolerant had i actually needed a lot of understanding and coaching from them.

    but i think my additional math teacher was SJ, possibly ESFj, but then could also have been NF, and she was attentive to everyone, even the worst, most unruly ones in the class, and she really accepted every child.

    what's my point? i don't know. i guess, i think it is true that SJs gravitate towards the teaching profession, especially pre-university. and many SJs do tend to impose things on others relative to other types, but that does not mean all of them do.

    not that this is relevant to the original thread...

  19. #19
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    Eh, for the fun of it I guess:

    I read my caps scores that I took in the 10th grade a few days ago. My highest skill scores were spatial reasoning and mechanical reasoning but then I remembered how much shop and bio I had lmao. I mean, my best friend and I did place 2nd for our school in the state for oxy welding =p However, now, I would not want to be a welder. It's fun but it is not something I'd want as a career at all.

    So what was and still is my weakest subject? Chemistry for sure. Math would be due to sheer boredom but I did excel in geometry and trig but algebra and calculus dull me so much that I have to really try to care to get through it. But for chemistry, yeah, I really do have to try and care and I simply cant. The only remote version of it that intrigued me was soil science but even that was boring to me as cultural methods known were far more valuable to me.

    What do I PREFER to excell at now? Social Sciences. Life Sciences. Arts. Definitely not English--how freaking boring =p Creative writing is okay tho. I like Health/Med, too.

  20. #20
    mimisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    821
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamicism
    Quote Originally Posted by gugu_ baba
    Anyways is being an introverted thinker make you better at mathematics?
    I think being a thinker (introverted or extroverted) makes you better with calculating, precision, accuracy things like that, but not with maths specifficaly
    Real mathematics is very heavily Ti-laden. The stuff you learn through high school and early undergrad isn't really REAL math... just a vague shadow of it all. There's a vast logical foundation that makes mathematics what it is and makes it work. You hardly catch a glimpse of that unless you actually take higher math courses, but it's like a Ti candyland.
    Mathematics requires logical tought, but I disagree it's Ti specifically

  21. #21
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I did well at foreign language, music to some extent, English (mainly writing) . . . I did moderately well at history, but I didn't do too well at science or math.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  22. #22
    mimisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    821
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Good point. I noticed that too

  23. #23
    heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,722
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i rule at getting things done, no matter what the subject. that's what counts.
    asd

  24. #24
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,695
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sycophant
    Leave him be, he is young and confused.
    You should say the opposite if that is true.

    I even realized what I was typing seemed wrong half way through and that's why I told everyone to not take it seriously.

    I made this thread to find out the real correlations with type or if there is even a correlation with type. Please don't talk in that condescending tone ever again, it ticks me off a lot.

    Anyways, Being an ENFp I liked business a lot when I took it in high school. I like writing, but I've never really done good in English mainly due to essays, which I despite. I excel well in history and I like science, but I didn't do too well in chemistry.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    North
    Posts
    567
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I excel in languages. No joke. If I could only remember my homework, I'd have an A+ in English, Latin and French (And that "remember my homework" part is the one I can never seem to accomplish). Had I done my homework and not dropped it, the same would be true for German. On the other hand, when it comes to algebra, I can "balance" the same basic equation three times and end up with one negative, one single-digit and one quadruple-digit answer.
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

    INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

    (Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    subjects i'm good at in hs and in college include economics, chemistry, physics, human biology and english (a second language for me).
    howver, i suck big time at labs, a major reason why i transferred out of the faculty of science and did a business degree instead.

  27. #27
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darklord
    I excel in languages. No joke. If I could only remember my homework, I'd have an A+ in English, Latin and French (And that "remember my homework" part is the one I can never seem to accomplish). Had I done my homework and not dropped it, the same would be true for German. On the other hand, when it comes to algebra, I can "balance" the same basic equation three times and end up with one negative, one single-digit and one quadruple-digit answer.
    Did you go back? Remembering homework was never my fault but rather trying to care about it...

  28. #28
    Creepy-

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gugu_ baba
    In general, NFs are considered to have the best ability among all types with learning languages and also creative writing skill. I think it's true.

    ..............................................

    Do introverted feelers have that extra edge when it comes to language comprehension and writing. *Essays don't count because they are utterly ridiculous and stupid in my opinion.*
    Not only introverted feelers, all feelers yes I think so. And essays included :wink:



    @everybody: not all stereotypes are false perceptions.
    Evidently, not only am I not an NF, I'm also not an F at all

    As I said, I can't help rolling my eyes.

    Currently I'm kind of annoyed at people telling me "INFps are not like this" etc. etc. when I'm not the only one who is like that, I'd like to hear what type they think I am

  29. #29
    mimisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    821
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ishy, of course there are exceptions, but that's the common perception.

    Feelers (F) are better with people, and for the reason, you can deduce they are better with language too, communication among people.

    Thinkers (T) are better with logical, abstract toughts, their focus is rather objects than people and for the reason not so good with languages and communication.

  30. #30
    Creepy-

    Default

    w00t, I'm defective.

    Did Ethics become associated with good communication skills while my back was turned?

  31. #31

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    545
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Classes I really like are P.E. and art. History is cool too but depend which teacher I get. Zoology sound like a fun class. Math was ok until it started adding letters in it, now it driving me nuts. I don't like English very much nor physics classes.
    ISFP, SEI

  32. #32

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gugu
    Feelers (F) are better with people, and for the reason, you can deduce they are better with language too, communication among people.
    Not when they are Ixxps. Ixxps are born verbally handicapped.


    At least, that's what Jung believed.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  33. #33
    Creepy-

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by gugu
    Feelers (F) are better with people, and for the reason, you can deduce they are better with language too, communication among people.
    Not when they are Ixxps. Ixxps are born verbally handicapped.


    At least, that's what Jung believed.
    This is true in my case. Thankyou, Rocky

  34. #34

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    10. Recapitulation of Introverted Irrational Types

    The two types just depicted are almost inaccessible to external judgment. Because they are introverted and have in consequence a somewhat meagre capacity or willingness for expression, they offer but a frail handle for a telling criticism. Since their main activity is directed within, nothing is outwardly visible but reserve, secretiveness, lack of sympathy, or uncertainty, and an apparently groundless perplexity. When anything does come to the surface, it usually consists in indirect manifestations of inferior and relatively unconscious functions. Manifestations of such a nature naturally excite a certain environmental prejudice against these types. Accordingly they are mostly underestimated, or at least misunderstood. To the same degree as they fail to understand themselves -- because they very largely lack judgment -- they are also powerless to understand why they are so constantly undervalued by public opinion. They cannot see that their outward-going expression is, as a matter of fact, also of an inferior character. Their vision is enchanted by the abundance of subjective events. What happens there is so captivating, and of such inexhaustible attraction, that they do not appreciate the fact that their habitual communications to their circle express very, little of that real experience in which they themselves are, as it were, caught up. The fragmentary and, as a rule, quite episodic character of their communications make too great a demand upon the understanding and good will of their circle; furthermore, their mode of expression lacks that flowing warmth to the object which alone can have convincing force. On the contrary, these types show very often a brusque, repelling demeanour towards the outer world, although of this they are quite unaware, and have not the least intention of showing it. We shall form a [p. 512] fairer judgment of such men and grant them a greater indulgence, when we begin to realize how hard it is to translate into intelligible language what is perceived within. Yet this indulgence must not be so liberal as to exempt them altogether from the necessity of such expression. This could be only detrimental for such types. Fate itself prepares for them, perhaps even more than for other men, overwhelming external difficulties, which have a very sobering effect upon the intoxication of the inner vision. But frequently only an intense personal need can wring from them a human expression.

    From an extraverted and rationalistic standpoint, such types are indeed the most fruitless of men. But, viewed from a higher standpoint, such men are living evidence of the fact that this rich and varied world with its overflowing and intoxicating life is not purely external, but also exists within. These types are admittedly one sided demonstrations of Nature, but they are an educational experience for the man who refuses to be blinded by the intellectual mode of the day. In their own way, men with such an attitude are educators and promoters of culture. Their life teaches more than their words. From their lives, and not the least from what is just their greatest fault, viz. their incommunicability, we may understand one of the greatest errors of our civilization, that is, the superstitious belief in statement and presentation, the immoderate overprizing of instruction by means of word and method. A child certainly allows himself to be impressed by the grand talk of its parents. But is it really imagined that the child is thereby educated? Actually it is the parents' lives that educate the child -- what they add thereto by word and gesture at best serves only to confuse him. The same holds good for the teacher. But we have such a belief in method that, if only the method be good, the practice of it seems to hallow the teacher. An inferior [p. 513] man is never. a good teacher. But he can conceal his injurious inferiority, which secretly poisons the pupil, behind an excellent method or, an equally brilliant intellectual capacity. Naturally the pupil of riper years desires nothing better than the knowledge of useful methods, because he is already defeated by the general attitude, which believes in the victorious method. He has already learnt that the emptiest head, correctly echoing a method, is the best pupil. His whole environment not only urges but exemplifies the doctrine that all success and happiness are external, and that only the right method is needed to attain the haven of one's desires. Or is the life of his religious instructor likely to demonstrate that happiness which radiates from the treasure of the inner vision? The irrational introverted types are certainly no instructors of a more complete humanity. They lack reason and the ethics of reason, but their lives teach the other possibility, in which our civilization is so deplorably wanting.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  35. #35
    Creepy-

    Default

    Self-expression is probably the most frustrating task I could undertake.

  36. #36
    mimisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    821
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by gugu
    Feelers (F) are better with people, and for the reason, you can deduce they are better with language too, communication among people.
    Not when they are Ixxps. Ixxps are born verbally handicapped.


    At least, that's what Jung believed.

    Ah, you mean Ixxps mode of expression doesn't have a convincing force.
    But that's completely smth else, otherwise the bunch of people I know are super experts with writing long meaningful essays and expressing verbally using an exuberant vocabulary.

    What do you think about the Narrator/ Taciturn dichotomie?
    Does it have any impact on the language skills? (the ability to express easy with words)

    Narrator
    INTP
    ENTJ
    ENFP
    INFJ
    ESFJ
    ISFP
    ESTP
    ISTJ

    Taciturn
    INTJ
    ENTP
    ENFJ
    INFP
    ESFP
    ISFJ
    ESTJ
    ISTP

    For me yeah I think it does have an effect, but I don't know if it's the only motive. I am awfully with words

  37. #37

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Home of the Wrong Way Drivers
    Posts
    47
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    Actually, I don't believe INTjs like math at all.
    This generalization is staggeringly untrue.
    INTj Mathematician -- "What, me worry?"

    "As intelligence increases, happiness goes down. See, I made a graph. I make a lot of graphs." -- Lisa Simpson

  38. #38
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ishysquishy
    Self-expression is probably the most frustrating task I could undertake.
    This was what I was trying to get at. Is there a correlation with type and LEAST LIKELY point of strenth?

    Edit to strengthen:

    Say a person does X subjects and does well to great on them. Some more so than others. But what about that is avoided with the exception that was taught to be avoided. Example would be like, "OMGs Im like a girl from the 50s, I cants do's math!" So is there a subject that any specific type feels super uncomfortable learning? Or am I on crack?

  39. #39
    Creepy-Diana

    Default

    .

  40. #40
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    I was with you except for scientific names which I seem to excel at.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •