Results 1 to 32 of 32

Thread: Bad stereotypes and reputation of ESTps

  1. #1
    smccosker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    270
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Cool Bad stereotypes and reputation of ESTps

    This is absolutely ridiculous. You people are even worse than the "ESTP" for judging a few of them and labeling them as inhuman monsters cause a few of them happened to be a dick. The majority of ESTPs seem to be completely devoid of empathy, but as I notice this is the Se subtype. The Ti subtype seem to be somewhat quiet kind people and have developed empathy. I am the Ti subtype. My INFJ therapist who i get along with great explained to me that I cannot have narccisistic personality disorder after I asked about it (estps are known for this.) True narcissism means you can never look past your own feelings and emotions, thus cant feel for others. This is a mental disorder, it does not mean they are inhumane...they are blind as to how much of a dick they are cause they only care about themselves and dont even realize it. Its kinda sad and for this reason i doubt a lot of ur opinions as to my typing of SLE. Anyway, the asshole ESTPs are pretty common i agree. But you should be better at reading somebody and knowing who to enter into a relationship with or even to associate with. Its easy to spot a narcissist. Just tell him about something ur excited about and if he doesnt listen to you and only focuses on what hes saying and doesnt seem to care, he doesnt. Dont say ur done with "ESTP"s, what u mean is your done with psychopathic narcissists. The good ESTPs are humane but in my case extremely vain

  2. #2
    07490's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    there
    Posts
    3,047
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smccosker View Post
    This is absolutely ridiculous. You people are even worse than the "ESTP" for judging a few of them and labeling them as inhuman monsters cause a few of them happened to be a dick. The majority of ESTPs seem to be completely devoid of empathy, but as I notice this is the Se subtype. The Ti subtype seem to be somewhat quiet kind people and have developed empathy. I am the Ti subtype. My INFJ therapist who i get along with great explained to me that I cannot have narccisistic personality disorder after I asked about it (estps are known for this.) True narcissism means you can never look past your own feelings and emotions, thus cant feel for others. This is a mental disorder, it does not mean they are inhumane...they are blind as to how much of a dick they are cause they only care about themselves and dont even realize it. Its kinda sad and for this reason i doubt a lot of ur opinions as to my typing of SLE. Anyway, the asshole ESTPs are pretty common i agree. But you should be better at reading somebody and knowing who to enter into a relationship with or even to associate with. Its easy to spot a narcissist. Just tell him about something ur excited about and if he doesnt listen to you and only focuses on what hes saying and doesnt seem to care, he doesnt. Dont say ur done with "ESTP"s, what u mean is your done with psychopathic narcissists. The good ESTPs are humane but in my case extremely vain
    NO, Beta NF can easily spot an ESTp who is trying to be a dick regardless of people treating them nice or, they are trying to be friendly even if they have SE EGO and a weak FE, you can tell when they try to fullfill their FE agenda they are especially kind, but the asshole one really really piss people off, and I know you sean, you try to be a good person.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

    2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

  3. #3
    smccosker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    270
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpiazza000 View Post
    NO, Beta NF can easily spot an ESTp who is trying to be a dick regardless of people treating them nice or, they are trying to be friendly even if they have SE EGO and a weak FE, you can tell when they try to fullfill their FE agenda they are especially kind, but the asshole one really really piss people off, and I know you sean, you try to be a good person.

    Listen, you need to stop applying booksmarts and socionics explanations to what I said. It is very simple, if you meet someone who acts like he doenst care, he prolly doesnt.

  4. #4
    Currently God Brilliand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    4,246
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have a very bad opinion of labels such as "psychopathic narcissist." They're descriptions with connotations attached, they don't seem to mean anything about the person's makeup. Consider the statement "When you say you don't like fire ants, you really mean that you don't like red things that hurt you" - it reduces a categorical claim to a descriptive claim that is obviously true. Although not all fire ants are red hings that hurt me (not every fire ant is going to bite me), if I say that I don't like fire ants, than I dislike all fire ants, probably because so many of them have hurt me.

    "You don't mean that, you really mean this" can be used properly, I suppose, but I often see it abused.



    LII-Ne

    "Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

    Johari

  5. #5
    smccosker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    270
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ok now were getting way too far into technicalities and semantics. the point i was making is that just because someone types as a ESTP in socionics does not mean they are a bad person. its the same thing as saying someone is stupid because they fail a math test...am i correct or incorrect?

  6. #6
    07490's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    there
    Posts
    3,047
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nobody is forced to believe a certain type is this and that, It's their own personal experiences that will affect how they see ESTp and not my post. and my post is expression my opinion that you can not change.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

    2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

  7. #7
    dinki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    IEI!
    Posts
    623
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I didn't say ALL estps, just 99% .

  8. #8
    dinki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    IEI!
    Posts
    623
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I didn't say ALL estps, just 99% . At least in my experience, and I am not trying to associate with them, I don't want to, but they just don't seem to see what I want as really mattering ><.

    The last one I met bullied this perfectly nice kid into a fucking eating disorder, and laughed in her face when she cried. Ughh. And he is always monaing whenever anyone talks about the problems of the world like -oohhh don't infect my mood with that shit, I don't care if people are dying or getting raped, I don't want to know- !! And this other one just tried to stab one of my best friends, for like no reason, I mean SERIOUSLY?! I would not tap that!


    Trust me, when I meet an ESTp that is decent I will come here and make a big -Yay-ESTps-Tribute-Post-I-Am-Sorry-For-Bitching, but seeing as I have met quite a few and they all act like dicks, I just needed to vent about it - I guess so people like you would post so I wouldn't feel so hopeless about it.

    So sorry, if I offended you, this is not a personal attack on you - you don't seem a complete wanker, so thank you for that.

  9. #9
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    SLE narcissism is a myth.

    It's called confidence.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  10. #10
    I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    3,535
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Dear everyone regarding judgements: Some people are just dumb.

    /judgement
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .



  11. #11
    I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Behind you
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Posts
    4,956
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

    Default

    this topic is lame

  12. #12
    Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,457
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I thought ESTps make good rap.

  13. #13
    I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    3,535
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lol <3
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .



  14. #14
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpiazza000 View Post
    Nobody is forced to believe a certain type is this and that, It's their own personal experiences that will affect how they see ESTp and not my post. and my post is expression my opinion that you can not change.
    Preach it, bro.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  15. #15
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    I'm personally offended that you think all narcissists have to have some kind of mental disorder. We're people too. Dick!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  16. #16
    smccosker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    270
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    you all suck

  17. #17
    Currently God Brilliand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    4,246
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smccosker View Post
    ok now were getting way too far into technicalities and semantics.
    If you have a problem with words, why do you keep using them?

    Quote Originally Posted by smccosker View Post
    the point i was making is that just because someone types as a ESTP in socionics does not mean they are a bad person. its the same thing as saying someone is stupid because they fail a math test...am i correct or incorrect?
    Incorrect. I agree that a person being ESTp does not make them bad. That is not the same thing as saying someone is stupid because they failed a math test (but that's a moot technicality at this point).

    If you're willing to shorten your speech to "just because someone types as a ESTP in socionics does not mean they are a bad person" then I am willing to shorten mine to "I agree."

    I'm tempted to keep explaining myself, but I'm afraid that it would start looking like a corporate contract...



    LII-Ne

    "Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

    Johari

  18. #18
    smccosker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    270
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    corporate contract, no more like the kid in school that corrects the teacher on the smallest technicality and everyone sighs

  19. #19
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smccosker View Post
    corporate contract, no more like the kid in school that corrects the teacher on the smallest technicality and everyone sighs

    ...the main difference being that you don't actually know what you're talking about.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  20. #20
    smccosker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    270
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yea gilly ur rigth that person didnt even understand what i was trying to say

  21. #21
    Currently God Brilliand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    4,246
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smccosker View Post
    corporate contract, no more like the kid in school that corrects the teacher on the smallest technicality and everyone sighs
    If you are wrong on a technicality, then you are objectively wrong. Sweeping falsehoods can be proven via small mistakes. For instance, via a nearly invisible division by zero, I can prove mathematically that Santa Clause exists and in fact ate the world yesterday.

    You're , right? I'm coming down hard on you for a slip. I think I can hold you responsible for that.

    Have you noticed that if you take out the "everyone sighs," which is completely arbitrary, your statement ceases to be derogatory?



    LII-Ne

    "Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

    Johari

  22. #22
    smccosker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    270
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    what if i punched you in the face?

  23. #23
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smccosker View Post
    what if i punched you in the face?
    Quote Originally Posted by smccosker View Post
    yea gilly ur rigth that person didnt even understand what i was trying to say
    God, you're thick...does Justin actually like you?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  24. #24
    I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Behind you
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Posts
    4,956
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    damn why do SLEs get such a bad rap?!
    why do white men rap.

  25. #25
    I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Behind you
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Posts
    4,956
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    do you punch people in the face?
    i had a dream about this guy i punched in the face last night...

    he kept on going on about his girlfriend problem or something, he kept nagging at me.

    to be honest, i think he was trying to pick a fight, but like didn't expect me to switch from "non fighting" to him being down on the ground and me punching him in the head repetitively.

    oh i hangon, i should mention, this actually happened in the past.. the dream was remembering it.

    in particular i was remembering this girl that told other people, which made them more guarded with me. and i remember wanting to "kill" her. in the nicest possible way. a nice quick slit to the throat. i don't need to torture her.

  26. #26
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    this topic is lame
    lol

    and lol @ ur little dog avatar too. brilliant.

    Quote Originally Posted by smccosker View Post
    you all suck
    lol

    Quote Originally Posted by smccosker View Post
    what if i punched you in the face?
    LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    God, you're thick...does Justin actually like you?
    No, he's not, he's just an honest guy. Don't criticise his intelligence, love his openness.

    Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    damn why do SLEs get such a bad rap?!
    lol

    Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    do you punch people in the face?
    lol and also lol @ mercutio just in general
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  27. #27
    smccosker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    270
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    God, you're thick...does Justin actually like you?
    who is justin

  28. #28
    Currently God Brilliand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    4,246
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smccosker View Post
    what if i punched you in the face?
    I would be amazed at your technical prowess, I suppose - this medium is not conducive to punching people in the face.



    LII-Ne

    "Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

    Johari

  29. #29
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    I would be amazed at your technical prowess, I suppose - this medium is not conducive to punching people in the face.
    lol, ok, you have to admit that was a good one.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  30. #30
    smccosker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    270
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    I would be amazed at your technical prowess, I suppose - this medium is not conducive to punching people in the face.

    good comeback

  31. #31
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    i had a dream about this guy i punched in the face last night...

    he kept on going on about his girlfriend problem or something, he kept nagging at me.

    to be honest, i think he was trying to pick a fight, but like didn't expect me to switch from "non fighting" to him being down on the ground and me punching him in the head repetitively.

    oh i hangon, i should mention, this actually happened in the past.. the dream was remembering it.

    in particular i was remembering this girl that told other people, which made them more guarded with me. and i remember wanting to "kill" her. in the nicest possible way. a nice quick slit to the throat. i don't need to torture her.
    lmao
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  32. #32
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smccosker View Post
    who is justin
    LOL

    JuJu - remember? You made videos with him.

    Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    lmao
    mercutio is one sick fuck. Stay away from him, kids! He is a menace... TO ALL!
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •