Thread: INTJ and Purity

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INTJ and Purity

How important is purity, of all kinds, to the INTJ? I mean moral purity, sexual, hygenic, etc.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: INTJ and Purity

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    How important is purity, of all kinds, to the INTJ? I mean moral purity, sexual, hygenic, etc.

I find it plays a somewhat important role in things.

Sometimes indirectly, sometimes directly.

Are you asking a deeper question, like, what do INTjs think about people who have done things in the past, and others virginity?

Or are you really asking this general of a question?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I generally consider purity to be important. But this is really general, Id need more specifics to be sure.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP

Are you asking a deeper question, like, what do INTjs think about people who have done things in the past, and others virginity?
    Yes thats' exactly my point. If someone has had many sexual partners before, does that matter? An ESTP for instance wouldn't care, does the INTJ care? Is it a consideration?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, it is a consideration, of course.

How can you know that I ((ntj)) won't be any different than the rest? (as in, how can I know that she's interested in something long term, and this isn't just some silly girl?)

There are a lot of factors, as everyone should know, in decision making.
    (For INTjs at least)

(in terms of why she's had lots of partners in the past)
    I mean, is she really hot? Does she just have low standards? Is she changing her lifestyle? (I'm just superimposing myself in the sitaution)

Are there benefits or negatives to this? How does she feel about haveing several partners? What is her stance on life now, and back then? Does she have potential to maintain the kind of security that we need in a close relationship?

What kind of relationship are we going to have, me and this other person?

Just sexual? something more? something less?
    Should I bother?

Is she worth it, in general?
    What is she striving for, and why is she interested in me?
    Is she infatuated or really interested with me

heh, and

what's her socionics type?> :wink: (not really, but then again, maybe so...)

I mean, eveyrthing is really considered, at least in my mind.

Relationships aren't just "uh........ I like you. wannt do something together?".
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i guess it all depends on what your definition of pure is. i think it's important that people are truthful, both to themselves and to others. say things they actually mean. and don't say things just because they feel they have to. i think people should be more selfless then selfish.

they should be clean, natural. not a ton of make up to cover up what they have. or intense perfume overdose is never attractive. sexually i guess it would be nice if they didn't have a ton of experience - or at the very least their experience is limited to humans.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes thats' exactly my point. If someone has had many sexual partners before, does that matter? An ESTP for instance wouldn't care, does the INTJ care? Is it a consideration?
    i guess it depends on the numbers. 2? 5? 100? more? i think what it would come down to is - do they want me for sex? or do they want me as a human? if they simply want to use me, then forget it. i would really wonder if i knew the other person done it with dozens of people. why so many? why did they break up? will the same happen to me?

though it is a consideration, how would i know?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want the pure joy, lightness, and happiness without worry of a budding relationship / friendship. Just doing small things for each other, and being together, and laughing. That's the kind of purity I like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics taints my purity. How can I know if I know how to care for that person, or if I just know the right thing to do based on type theory?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.... what is your type?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTj

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by friend
    Socionics taints my purity. How can I know if I know how to care for that person, or if I just know the right thing to do based on type theory?
    Well, I guess we won't see you around here anymore.

Good luck

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(said with some humor. Very dry, detached humor)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

important

[quote="Dioklecian"]
    Yes. In general I think that matters, but at the same time I don't often think about it. I also think it depends how many people they have been with. If it's just a handful of people then I don't really care. I can't see myself getting close to someone that "sleeps around". I don't think I would be able to trust them. I would have to know I have their undivided attention, and we would need a strong emotional connection.

Actually, I really liked someone that had the reputation of sleeping around. The relationship never went anywhere. I wasn't going to try to make anything of it until I thought she liked me. She did at one point, but she made it clear that she couldn't make any commitments (she didn't actually say that). The whole thing ended rather painfully.
    INTj
    "... the present is too much for the senses, too crowding, too confusing, too present to imagine" - RF

what's her socionics type?> :wink: (not really, but then again, maybe so...)
    yeah - I can't help what I evaluate either.
    INTj
    "... the present is too much for the senses, too crowding, too confusing, too present to imagine" - RF

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote="BlendieOfIndie"]
    Yes. In general I think that matters, but at the same time I don't often think about it. I also think it depends how many people they have been with. If it's just a handful of people then I don't really care. I can't see myself getting close to someone that "sleeps around". I don't think I would be able to trust them. I would have to know I have their undivided attention, and we would need a strong emotional connection.

Actually, I really liked someone that had the reputation of sleeping around. The relationship never went anywhere. I wasn't going to try to make anything of it until I thought she liked me. She did at one point, but she made it clear that she couldn't make any commitments (she didn't actually say that). The whole thing ended rather painfully.

If she can't commit, then don't worry about it.

Find someone who "needs the home fires stoked on a regular basis", they are out there.

But yeah, it's best to figure out if a girl has potential or not. I guess you could go into a one night stand if she's really appealing to you, but.... I don't know. I don't even know if I could do that if I wanted to. I'd have to be really, really...... well

nevermind

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The number of sex-partners is important, but not as you might assume. It is just one of the things that gives a huge clue to the personality. If I started to like a playboy, I would have to assume that he is absolutely not dating-material. I will consider having sex with him, just for the experience, but I wouldn't expect a ring.

But purity in general... Hygenic purity is very important. I wash my hands so often that I actually have a problem with dry skin on my hands. I even wash my hands before I put clean dishes away.
    I don't even know what moral purity is. :wink: I've always been more of a moral relativist. There is no general morality. I frown upon dishonesty and deeply selfish acts, but also having a weak character.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if my religious values is messing with my answer but:

Absoulutley.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is everyone always talking about INTjs and sex and puberty?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

But yeah, it's best to figure out if a girl has potential or not. I guess you could go into a one night stand if she's really appealing to you, but.... I don't know. I don't even know if I could do that if I wanted to.
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I like to think I could do a one night stand, but when it comes down to it, I couldn't go through with it. I was about to say that I've never even been in that situation. I just realized I have had the opportunity. Its pretty funny though because I didn't realize it till the opportunity had passed. That's one reason I prolly won't have a one night stand -- I don't see things when they're right in front of me. But for the record, I wouldn't have done it even if I had realized I had the chance.
    INTj

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    beats me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTJ fetish? you never know...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol INTjs are as bad as ENTps when it comes to loving to talk about themselves.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

I guess sex is something everyone likes to talk about. INTjs are prolly more self concious about talking about sex than most people. As a result, they talk about sex, here, where they can be anonymous. Anonymity allows people to do quite a bit more than if they were known -- not just talk about sex.
    INTj

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol INTjs are as bad as ENTps when it comes to loving to talk about themselves.
    the narcissistic half of alpha.