Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for LSEs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Question for LSEs...

Before you knew anything about socionics, did you consider yourself an introvert?

I'm pretty sure one of my friends is LSE - especially given the fact that her husband is EII and her other good friend is SLI.. but she has referred to herself as an 'introvert'. It seems like she applies that term to herself because she doesn't like typical college-type social scenes like loud crowded bars, and she's rather uncertain how to establish a rapport with someone when she first meets them. She was rather stiff around me for a while until we laughed over something together, and then she opened up a lot...

I was just wondering if more LSEs ever considered themselves as 'introverts'..
    IEE

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both me and UDP have at one point or another considered ourselves introverts. I doubt we're the only ones.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yup, I thought I was an introvert.

My mom has a book that describes extrovert/introvert, sensing/intuitive, thinking/feeling, and judging/perceiving. It got feeling mixed with the description of extrovert, and I thought "I am definitely not that."

My friends think I'm nuts for me thinking I was an introvert.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny, I think before I encountered socionics I would have never ever even considered me being introvert. Yet at the beginning I did considered IxFp types as possible options even if not that likely.

I imagine if I would say to anyone I know i could be an introvert they would shoot me.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I knew an LSE who also considered himself an introvert when it was blatantly obvious to me he wasn't...a few other extroverts outside of LSE have also thought the same of themselves. It confuses me a lot that they can't see what I see and makes me question if I even know what an extrovert really is...

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know an ESE who considers herself introverted, in the usual social meaning of the term. I'm under the impression that she thinks that's one of the reasons we get along so well. I have yet to break the news to her.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought I was an introvert until I was about 21... simply because I had no confidence in myself.
    IEE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    I thought I was an introvert until I was about 21... simply because I had no confidence in myself.
    Lol, an introverted ENFp?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Lol, an introverted ENFp?
    It can happen. My sister, who I'm pretty sure is ENFp, has been behaving more introverted lately.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could easily see how that would be possible. Sometimes I've thougth that about myself but...nah.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default a

ESTjs subtype are forceful, dry and down-to-earth and don't like to get close to people, they need very much the help of their duals. Nice people after all. ESTjs are very outspoken ansd INFjs must make them stop talking too much!
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    ESTjs subtype are forceful, dry and down-to-earth and don't like to get close to people, they need very much the help of their duals. Nice people after all. ESTjs are very outspoken ansd INFjs must make them stop talking too much!
    I'm a subtype, but I'm not dry. I can . Getting close to people isn't a question of preferance, it's a question of ability.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a subtype, but I'm not dry. I can . Getting close to people isn't a question of preferance, it's a question of ability.
    Of course, I wrote my ideas in a wrong way. What I mean is that perhaps, ESTjs' inability to get close to people make them be a little bit harsh. I think it's all about a hidden shyness you have
    ILE "Searcher"

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Of course, I wrote my ideas in a wrong way. What I mean is that perhaps, ESTjs' inability to get close to people make them be a little bit harsh. I think it's all about a hidden shyness you have
    And it's hidden well.

I've come to appreciate my extroversion. My INTp friend is secretly scared of people, but if I feel like it I can walk up to a total stranger and start talking about feet.

Extroverts have an easy time making acquaintances. Feelers have an easy time turning acquaintances into friends.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extroverts have an easy time making acquaintances. Feelers have an easy time turning acquaintances into friends.
    Cats sleep most of the day and dogs bark when they see an stranger
    ILE "Searcher"

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The LSE's that I know wouldn't consider themselves introverts.

However they have said to be impulsive, which you could interpretate as being irrational. However they mean this in the context of not planning, meaning Ni polr.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    The LSE's that I know wouldn't consider themselves introverts.

However they have said to be impulsive, which you could interpretate as being irrational. However they mean this in the context of not planning, meaning Ni polr.
    If you care about what socionics texts say, they say that ESTj polr Ni is shown through their obsessive planning and scheduling and believing that they know the future and obsess over it.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    I know an ESE who considers herself introverted, in the usual social meaning of the term. I'm under the impression that she thinks that's one of the reasons we get along so well. I have yet to break the news to her.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, I've heard my LSE uncle say he's an introvert just cause he likes time to himself.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before you knew anything about socionics, did you consider yourself an introvert?

I'm pretty sure one of my friends is LSE - especially given the fact that her husband is EII and her other good friend is SLI.. but she has referred to herself as an 'introvert'. It seems like she applies that term to herself because she doesn't like typical college-type social scenes like loud crowded bars, and she's rather uncertain how to establish a rapport with someone when she first meets them. She was rather stiff around me for a while until we laughed over something together, and then she opened up a lot...

Yes, very much relate to that.

I've gotten better and better at talking to people, and more general confidence about what to do socially, as well. Much of that has to do with going to college and actually finding my place among other people. It kept becoming more and more clear that anything introverted about me was ultimately conditioned on those things, what is in bold.

Mostly, I'm "introverted" when I'm not sure about how to establish a relationship with someone, or whether or not I want to. But even now that's fairly rare. I find myself compelled more and more to people to seek them out and feel their core essence.

I'm also 'introverted' somewhat in terms of what I said about LSE's being "egotistical": I'm not going to invest a lot in things that aren't fruitful to me. When people are having a lot of fun with , talking about this or that, sometimes I can't join in because I don't know the people well enough, and sometimes I'm not in the mood to act that way anyways. I appear more socially introverted, but more so disinterested, in atmospheres where it is more Fe>Fi. It's boring for me, particularly if I don't feel close to anyone, and I either find something to occupy myself with - an activity, or a person, or I leave. It's mostly a matter of what I feel I'm getting out of a situation, and whether or not I'd like to be around someone, which in large part is due to their
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like this.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    I'm not going to invest a lot in things that aren't fruitful to me. When people are having a lot of fun with , talking about this or that, sometimes I can't join in because I don't know the people well enough, and sometimes I'm not in the mood to act that way anyways. I appear more socially introverted, but more so disinterested, in atmospheres where it is more Fe>Fi. It's boring for me, particularly if I don't feel close to anyone, and I either find something to occupy myself with - an activity, or a person, or I leave. It's mostly a matter of what I feel I'm getting out of a situation, and whether or not I'd like to be around someone, which in large part is due to their
    The LSE I'm thinking of (not my uncle, but the other one, and I will probably see him tonight at a party) is like this also. His eyes seem to glaze over at times when there's a lot of Fe, as if he finds it a bit boring or pointless. He would much rather stack the chairs or DO something useful. I mean, he'll stop and talk to particular individuals he likes but it just feels very different from the people I hang with in the same group (SLE, SEI, ESE). I *like* him, I just feel that he values different things (well, obviously)
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    He would much rather stack the chairs or DO something useful.
    I get a tremendous urge to do that, actually. The Fe interplay gets boring for me, and I'm already interested in things moving along as it is. So chairs, dishes, picking up the paper after Christmas presents are unwrapped, etc. Whatever. It's compelling because I want to "do" something, but when Fe gets that way, it's like my ability to contribute anything to that situation OR get anything out of that situation has decreased dramatically.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get a tremendous urge to do that, actually. The Fe interplay gets boring for me, and I'm already interested in things moving along as it is. So chairs, dishes, picking up the paper after Christmas presents are unwrapped, etc. Whatever. It's compelling because I want to "do" something, but when Fe gets that way, it's like my ability to contribute anything to that situation OR get anything out of that situation has decreased dramatically.
    Oh, I didn't realize ESTjs did that sort of thing because they liked it. So it's actually enjoyable to do dishes or stack chairs for ESTjs? I thought they felt some sort of "duty." I never thought it might actually be...fun?

But my ESTj friend is always the one who notices and picks up anything out of place, or she'll keep things organized during a game or meal or whatever. It always looked difficult to me, as I wouldn't even see that anything was out of place in the first place. The world needs ESTjs!
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    Oh, I didn't realize ESTjs did that sort of thing because they liked it. So it's actually enjoyable to do dishes or stack chairs for ESTjs? I thought they felt some sort of "duty." I never thought it might actually be...fun?

But my ESTj friend is always the one who notices and picks up anything out of place, or she'll keep things organized during a game or meal or whatever. It always looked difficult to me, as I wouldn't even see that anything was out of place in the first place. The world needs ESTjs!
    I do not do dishes if I can avoid it. Doing the dishes is vetoed by my . Stuff like setting up chairs is often enjoyable, however.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    Oh, I didn't realize ESTjs did that sort of thing because they liked it.
    Hmm. I tired to explain this, but it might have gotten lost in my deletions and revising the post. When I said "I get a tremendous urge", it wasn't "oh wow, I really want to do dishes or stack chairs ". It was more that I get an urge to do something, and it can become very intense. Doing the dishes or moving the chairs is a good outlet.

So it's actually enjoyable to do dishes or stack chairs for ESTjs? I thought they felt some sort of "duty." I never thought it might actually be...fun?
    It depends. It depends a lot on the mood. I don't enjoy doing dishes, just like I don't enjoy shoveling snow. But, it can be relaxing to put things in order. It isn't necessarily a burden, and sometimes it can be "enjoyable" in that it feels good to get it done. But I wouldn't, say, want to become a professional dishwasher because it is a career I would enjoy so much.

This reminds me of a story, one my mom tells about me sometimes. When I was little, we'd go through grocery stores, go shopping... and I'd just arrange things. The boxes would be out of order, or twisted around, and I'd give them a more even appearance. I'd pick up things, or arrange displays so they looked better. It wasn't anything I did to be nice, or anything I really even noticed. It was more just a "Hmm, I'm coming across this thing and making it work/look better is appealing to me, so, I'm going to do it".

I do it less so now, but I still have the same feeling about things. I really "feel better" after I arrange things or make something clean - like the dishes I just did or the floor I swept earlier today. I walked into the kitchen and a little kid(s) had eaten there, and there was stuff all about the floor. It looked like someone had started something - there was a broom there, but nothing was really swept up. So... I walk in, and see a broom there, and see crumbes and cherrios and things on the floor. Without really thinking much, I just started sweeping things. Someone walked in and said "ah, you're in the mood to clean again". But, really, I wasn't particualrly thinking about cleaning or anything at all. It was just there. It really only took about a minute anyways. Having a clean floor again was nice.

Things like that.
    But also... I really, really, really love having a comfortable bedroom. I think that is my favorite thing. If I had other rooms I'd like them to be comfortable too, but right now I just have a bedroom. But clean floors - where you can walk barefoot and not have anything stick to your feet or be dirty, or where you could lounge around naked if you so felt like it - things like that are the best. And at the top of that list is a clean bed with clean sheets, and a comfortable matress. Those are things I would go out of my way for. Sleep is very important, and I know I sleep better on clean sheets. It's a little thing but it makes a big difference to me. I don't HAVE to, nor do I ALWAYS sleep on clean sheets, but, at least once a week. It's more that the feeling of fresh, clean sheets is just so good.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

When I said "I get a tremendous urge", it wasn't "oh wow, I really want to do dishes or stack chairs ". It was more that I get an urge to do something, and it can become very intense. Doing the dishes or moving the chairs is a good outlet.
    I get the urge to clean my room. It is currently the cleanest in the house. I let it get messy and my ENFp dad complains, and I ignore him because I'm not in the mood to clean my room. But that's a better excuse for me than for most people. 'Cause I do get in the mood. I clean my room for about six hours straight, just like with my knitting moods, weaving moods, or origami moods. 'Cept they last longer, 'cause they need to. It takes more than six hours to make a pair of socks.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get the urge to clean my room. It is currently the cleanest in the house. I let it get messy and my ENFp dad complains, and I ignore him because I'm not in the mood to clean my room. But that's a better excuse for me than for most people. 'Cause I do get in the mood. I clean my room for about six hours straight, just like with my knitting moods, weaving moods, or origami moods. 'Cept they last longer, 'cause they need to. It takes more than six hours to make a pair of socks.
    do you knit socks? I've been knitting socks (and other things) for about 12 years now. But I find that my knitting moods do come and go, which is one of the reasons I like it. I can put it down and come back to it when I'm in the mood again.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

do you knit socks? I've been knitting socks (and other things) for about 12 years now. But I find that my knitting moods do come and go, which is one of the reasons I like it. I can put it down and come back to it when I'm in the mood again.
    I'm wearing the first good pair I made. First I made two pairs with no heel and a seam, according to a book. I gave one pair away. I don't like tube socks or seams.

Then I found a much better way to make socks! Faster, prettier, more comfortable. Ever seen those plastic circles with the pegs for knitting hats? I got the second-smallest size, and knit socks on that! I can do patterns like squares, diamonds, and stripes. And I can do two kinds of heels. I own five pairs of homemade socks.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm wearing the first good pair I made. First I made two pairs with no heel and a seam, according to a book. I gave one pair away. I don't like tube socks or seams.

Then I found a much better way to make socks! Faster, prettier, more comfortable. Ever seen those plastic circles with the pegs for knitting hats? I got the second-smallest size, and knit socks on that! I can do patterns like squares, diamonds, and stripes. And I can do two kinds of heels. I own five pairs of homemade socks.
    good for you! you're really young to be knitting socks--I'm impressed I use four double-pointed needles and knit around (there's no way I'd make socks with seams!). I make them for my dad, brother, husband, mom, myself, my kids, etc. Wanna see the pair I just finished?

IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those are really pretty socks. And a really pretty photo to go with them! I enjoy knitting, but my problem is that I'll never finish my project. Have you ever been to any of the state Fiber Festivals? They're kind of cool - any type of yarn you could want in any color you want.
    IEE

The only LSE I know, seems bit introverted in the tradional sense. But it might just seem that way to me, because I'm his supervisor. He seems more nervous and careful when talking to me / around me, compared to how he is usually.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

good for you! you're really young to be knitting socks--I'm impressed I use four double-pointed needles and knit around (there's no way I'd make socks with seams!). I make them for my dad, brother, husband, mom, myself, my kids, etc. Wanna see the pair I just finished?

I can't see the picture on this computer, but I'll let you know what I think later. I tried using 4 double-pointed needles, but it was taking too long. I have no and like quick results. (I'm a really fast knitter.) So I made a bracelet that way and found another way to make socks. Do yours have heels?

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    The only LSE I know, seems bit introverted in the tradional sense. But it might just seem that way to me, because I'm his supervisor. He seems more nervous and careful when talking to me / around me, compared to how he is usually.
    Quote Originally Posted by LSE Domain
    ILI They are intelligent, and somehow all their requests make sense. But there's no way of telling whether they're satisfied.
    I only know three ILIs in RL. I probably like them because I'm not surrounded by them.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't see the picture on this computer, but I'll let you know what I think later. I tried using 4 double-pointed needles, but it was taking too long. I have no and like quick results. (I'm a really fast knitter.) So I made a bracelet that way and found another way to make socks. Do yours have heels?
    yes, they have heels! double-pointed needles take some getting used to at first but they produce terrific results. Great car knitting also since the project is small.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so I saw my LSE friend last night at the party. There was a newborn baby there (he's older and all his kids are my age) so he took the baby for nearly the entire night. Which was really nice for the mom, so she could socialize and eat and stuff. He really does prefer to make himself useful in a practical way. Whenever I see him he's doing stuff like this.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He really does prefer to make himself useful in a practical way.
    Me too!

I see the socks now. Little stitches are good. (Mine are much bigger because of the peg size.) But you only used one type of yarn, no patterns.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me too!

I see the socks now. Little stitches are good. (Mine are much bigger because of the peg size.) But you only used one type of yarn, no patterns.
    Yes, I wanted to show off the bright colors of the hand-dyed yarn in this pair. I have others where I've done patterns. I also do various stitch patterns, different ribs, lace, picot edged cuffs, etc.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes, I wanted to show off the bright colors of the hand-dyed yarn in this pair. I have others where I've done patterns. I also do various stitch patterns, different ribs, lace, picot edged cuffs, etc.
    Fancy. I care more about comfort than appearance. My most comfortable pair of socks have a strong heel, a fuzzy toe, a different stitch around the middle of the foot, and a tight ankle. (I use rubber bands.)

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fancy. I care more about comfort than appearance. My most comfortable pair of socks have a strong heel, a fuzzy toe, a different stitch around the middle of the foot, and a tight ankle. (I use rubber bands.)
    well obviously comfort is key when making socks! One of the reason I love to make them is that I can customize everything, size, fit, color, everything.

what do you mean you use rubber bands?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

well obviously comfort is key when making socks! One of the reason I love to make them is that I can customize everything, size, fit, color, everything.

what do you mean you use rubber bands?
    I use the circle w/pegs to knit a short tube, then I sort of knit a rubber band into the hem of the sock then keep knitting...it's hard to explain without a picture.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast