Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A TeNi White LIE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A TeNi White LIE

Go for it. I know Te is my strong suit; I just erased about a page of what I realized to be useless text which told a lot but didn't say anything about my psychological type, for example.

So the only real question I have is: creative or ?

I Image hosting blows, so unless ArchonAlarion has some good pics, you'll have to do without; until I can get some pictures up, that is.

I ask, because I have recently become more well-acquainted with the IM, and feel that I don't know which creative function fits me better. If I am a delta, so be it! I'll just need to change my name...
    Wond'ring aloud, How we feel today. Last night sipped the sunset, My hand in her hair. We are our own saviours, As we start both our hearts, Beating life Into each other. ~Ian Anderson

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt anyone can help you with only 33 posts, no description, and no pictures. There's not enough to go off of, unless you count that hideous avatar as Si PoLR.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    I doubt anyone can help you with only 33 posts, no description, and no pictures. There's not enough to go off of, unless you count that hideous avatar as Si PoLR.
    lol

Mr. White LIE, perhaps you can start by describing someone you get along well with, including what it is about them that makes it easy. And then describe someone you don't get along with, and what about them that makes it hard. I think that might be helpful.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pics would be best.

*Edit: or Video

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, that avatar really is repugnant—the ugliest I've ever seen on this forum. It's just incredibly vapid, bland and unattractive. And when I've looked at it, it conjures these disturbingly boring images in my mind, and gets tied to past contexts of weird, boring times, and I really want to avoid it, and usually just end up repressing the memory of seeing it.

But I don't know you're type. I'm typically hesitant of people who claim to be gamma NT's, though.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It could just be an intensely magnified slightly rotated view of the bestbuy logo

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry about the lack of photos, I really just don't have a digital camera; there are people with many of me, but, well, I've never really asked for many of them. My avatar, by the way, is the Anarcho-Capitalist flag, which, while absurdly unattractive, is better than nothing, and has quite a bit of tie-in to myself.

Anyway, I've looked into it quite a bit, and have decided that my name suits me even better than I thought it did; being a LIE was actually a lie. I trust my new take on the IMs much more than my bland old one (which I never really liked), and have decided that LSE is a much more fitting description of who I am. I rally can't stand as it is, and is right out. Sorry Beta, but I'm moving to Delta.

Wond'ring aloud, How we feel today. Last night sipped the sunset, My hand in her hair. We are our own saviours, As we start both our hearts, Beating life Into each other. ~Ian Anderson

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've changed my avatar; I'm the one in the middle (an that's ArchonAlarion on the far left).
    If you were wondering, this picture is intentionally quite over-serious. Sooo maybe that'll help?

Now I just need to figure out a way to change my name....

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PM Subterranean to have your name changed, I think.

Btw, your avatar is so small that you're barely visible.
    Could you repost the photo here?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll try, but I have to host it somewhere first, right?

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, but you can host it here too, even. In your control panel there's "Pictures & Albums" and you can upload them straight here and embed photos into your posts.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool/thanks; here it goes:

http://the16types.info/vbulletin/pic...&pictureid=110

Hope it works; again, I'm the one in the middle with the extra-serious face on.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say ESTj works.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup. Reminds me of my brother a little.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now on to your enneagram

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just re-took the enneagram; don't really trust it yet (have to read more on it, anyway), but I got 8w9.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Were you all drunk? Or purposefully making idiotic faces?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Were you all drunk? Or purposefully making idiotic faces?
    LOL

The guy to his right looks like smccosker
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    do you have any photos of yourself that showcase more natural facial expressions and how you naturally hold your body?
    I'd like to naturally hold your body.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of ESTjs think they're 8w9 because they're cp6s who want to control their environment and be strong caregivers and abate anxieties.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    Well I'll trust you on that one, but there's just something really unnatural about that pose to me. They seem like some strange cult that's ready to mobilize at the slightest whim. (No offense intended)
    Yeah. The pic was sort of silly. I can't get a read on e-type from it.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately, I really don't have many pictures of myself; again, this picture is intentionally VERY VERY serious, and I do not look that way, usually. Types (as best as I can guess), from left to right are:
    ENTp (ArchonAlarion), INFp, ESTj (myself), ENFp, and ENFj.
    The types are very different, as you can see, but we go to a small school and are still all friends.
    Again, this picture does NOT reflect how I normally appear, but that's my face (albeit in different form), anyway.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You never did answer me. Not even to say, "No, I'd rather not."

You are not doing so well as my dual, methinks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post

Not particularly fond of this statement but A TeNi White LIE has yet to provide me any compelling reason as to why he would be LSE, or LIE for that matter.

Maybe you missed it but just as in the other thread, I would still like to know what your conception of Ni and Si are and Minde's inquires:

Quote Originally Posted by Minde
    Mr. White LIE, perhaps you can start by describing someone you get along well with, including what it is about them that makes it easy. And then describe someone you don't get along with, and what about them that makes it hard. I think that might be helpful.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely missed that; here goes:

Someone I get along with... hmm... well, maybe general likes and dislikes will suit you better?

People I like tend to be:
    -calm
    -intelligent
    -funny
    -nice.
    -comfortable with their person, yet not abrasive with their feelings (i.e.-bitchiness doesn't bode well with me)
    -able to see relations between things right away
    -comfortable with intimacy (in a private situation; this really only applies to specific women with whom one is intimate)

People I DON'T like tend to be:
    -liars
    -violent
    -have a low IQ
    -"bitch" for lack of a better word
    -stingy (in humor, not in lucrative ventures)
    -malicious

Helpful? I didn't mean to ignore you; that post has only just been called to my attention.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Greeter View Post
    Maybe you missed it but just as in the other thread, I would still like to know what your conception of Ni and Si are and Minde's inquires:
    Only so much at once, now; I'll fill you in.

My misconception of Si was reminiscent of MBTI; it was really no more than a completely bias, vague thought of comfort, and comfort only. I thought that , being far too vague, I should learn more, and, with the help of others, read/determined more about it ALONG WITH Ni to produce a refined, clear, and stable view of the information elements. It much closer to what is expressed in socionics now, at any rate.

Basically, I went from "Si is for physical comfort" to "Si is the external dynamics of fields", and from "Ni is for people who value theory over happenings" to "Ni is the internal dynamics of fields"

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A TeNi White LIE View Post
    Absolutely missed that; here goes:

Someone I get along with... hmm... well, maybe general likes and dislikes will suit you better?
    General is fine, but I would like specifics, too. I think it's good when you can describe a person without looking through the prism of socionics, and then come back to that description and analyze from there. That can help prevent preconceived ideas from clouding observation, ime. And by providing us with your "raw" observations and reactions, we can have the opportunity to practice our analysis, as well.

People I like tend to be:
    -calm
    -intelligent
    -funny
    -nice.
    -comfortable with their person, yet not abrasive with their feelings (i.e.-bitchiness doesn't bode well with me)
    -able to see relations between things right away
    -comfortable with intimacy (in a private situation; this really only applies to specific women with whom one is intimate)

People I DON'T like tend to be:
    -liars
    -violent
    -have a low IQ
    -"bitch" for lack of a better word
    -stingy (in humor, not in lucrative ventures)
    -malicious

Helpful? I didn't mean to ignore you; that post has only just been called to my attention.
    Don't worry about it. I've long been used to being invisible/unnoticed. And, yes, helpful.

What does "nice" mean to you? Can you give example of someone being nice, and then of someone being not-nice? This may seem like an obvious question, but humor me.

"-able to see relations between things right away" Can you explain this one a little more, too?

"-stingy (in humor, not in lucrative ventures)" And this one is a little unclear to me, as well. How is one stingy in humor?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does "nice" mean to you? Can you give example of someone being nice, and then of someone being not-nice? This may seem like an obvious question, but humor me.
    Of course; it isn't really as obvious as it may seem when writing it.
    By "nice", I just mean a generally kind person who, for lack of a better explanation, simply isn't a proponent of malicious intent.

Someone being "nice", to me, can be anything from quietly sitting nearby to having a loud, jovial conversation to being charitable (however to whomever) to smiling kindly to... Gosh, well, lots of things; I suppose the easiest way to describe a "nice" person is just someone who doesn't coerce people and is both calm and courteous (being friendly doesn't hurt, but I suppose it isn't required). Better? If that's still not enough I can try again; is my strong-suit after all.

Someone being "not nice", to me, is just someone being violent, abrasive, or coercive in some manner. Pitching an attitude is a big turn-off for me. So is the use of extroverted feeling in order to gain some "emotional upper-hand". "Not nice" people tend to be manipulative and pushy, to put it as eloquently as possible.

"-able to see relations between things right away" Can you explain this one a little more, too?
    Sure; all I meant is that I like people who can see underlying themes or connections in things. I really can't stand it when someone doesn't pick up on a simple analogy.

"-stingy (in humor, not in lucrative ventures)" And this one is a little unclear to me, as well. How is one stingy in humor?
    By this I mean one who is, although not necessarily lacking in humor, against humor; I dislike the gainsaying of mirth for any reason. Obviously there are times when humor is not called for, but even that needs to be taken in a light heart with, only, the intent of putting a temporary stopper in an outburst, not to quell a feeling of joy, utterly. To quote a friend:"Keep your 'sour' to yourself, bitch." (which isn't aimed at anyone, but a good description of my point)

Better?

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure; all I meant is that I like people who can see underlying themes or connections in things. I really can't stand it when someone doesn't pick up on a simple analogy.
    Ah. What do you think of connections between people? Is that something you value knowing about, particularly as it concerns yourself?

By this I mean one who is, although not necessarily lacking in humor, against humor; I dislike the gainsaying of mirth for any reason. Obviously there are times when humor is not called for, but even that needs to be taken in a light heart with, only, the intent of putting a temporary stopper in an outburst, not to quell a feeling of joy, utterly. To quote a friend:"Keep your 'sour' to yourself, bitch." (which isn't aimed at anyone, but a good description of my point)
    Hm, interesting.

FTR, I, an INFj-Fi, tend to see myself as a bit of a killjoy. I appear to have a nice talent for deflating the atmosphere. Too much mirth wears me out.

Better?
    Yes. A description of a good friend and in what ways you get along would still be nice, though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only so much at once, now; I'll fill you in.

My misconception of Si was reminiscent of MBTI; it was really no more than a completely bias, vague thought of comfort, and comfort only. I thought that , being far too vague, I should learn more, and, with the help of others, read/determined more about it ALONG WITH Ni to produce a refined, clear, and stable view of the information elements. It much closer to what is expressed in socionics now, at any rate.

Basically, I went from "Si is for physical comfort" to "Si is the external dynamics of fields", and from "Ni is for people who value theory over happenings" to "Ni is the internal dynamics of fields"
    Thanks for answering. Could you tell me how this manifests in real life?

Commenting on your previous post: I do not think any member of any quadra or type would admit or even enjoy traits such as manipulative, pushy, violent, etc. Although it depends on context.

Also, what do you mean by "bitch"? As I have often been called this by close friends.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I have often been called this by close friends.
    Heh, I find it funny/interesting that we both did the same thing - apply and compare the explanations to ourselves.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it may be because A TeNi White LIE is claiming he is our dual. So we are assuming the person he is describing is his dual (possibly a bad assumption). But his statements and descriptions are a bit vague only because they have several meanings for different people.

Ultimately, we are looking for consistency. At least, I am.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for answering. Could you tell me how this manifests in real life?
    Do you mean how I think it manifests, or when I have seen it, or how I use them? I suppose I can answer all three anyway.

How Si and Ni manifest in real life (note, this is my current understanding, so corrections/criticisms are welcome):

Si is the external dynamics of fields, so this means that it is the actual (solid/physical) connection between events happening at a certain place and time. This manifests itself in the form of sensation and actual physical experience. This is the reason that most people think (and I did think) that Si is all about comfort; the truth is that Si does deal with comfort, but also physical pleasure, heat, cold, light, etc. In short, Si is reaction to physical stimuli. Someone can portray this by setting themselves up for comfort, being the first to notice a change of environment, etc. Because of this, addiction and laziness are usual by-products of Si.

Ni is a bit more difficult to describe (well, its manifestations anyway). Regardless, Ni is the internal dynamics of fields; in other words, the intangible links between events happening at different places and times. This comes in the form of seeing patterns and having some innate 'sense' of things, particularly when things will occur/reoccur (in some abstract pattern, of course). This 'sense' of when an event will occur leads to the false, vague assumption that Ni is only how one measures time and makes theory. As with Si and comfort, Ni includes these things, but has much more to it. It is usually noticeable in a person by an obvious lack of Si (in other words, when they show a severe lack of concern for their environment, like wearing shorts in a snow storm because that's what was on top of the pile), or when someone oft makes connections between things that do not 'physically' exist (a good example is when someone can read the reasons behind the certain construction of things easily, like that a tall building with lots of windows is made to appear taller than it is through the use of horizontal lines as a symbol for centralized power).

Too much Te? Well, you like that anyway, right?

Also, what do you mean by "bitch"? As I have often been called this by close friends.
    Haha, all I mean by that is someone who is unconditionally bitchy, or just sour for no reason. If you have a reason to be mad, then please do so to a reasonable extent; being snippy for no reason is not a great quality, and really does not bode well with me (if your close friends call you that, I'm sure it's still a joke on some level).

Please don't stop asking until you're satisfied, I love explaining things.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, and as to pushy/violent, I mean people who use force or emotional/social obligations to get their way.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please don't stop asking until you're satisfied, I love explaining things.
    isn't that LIE's passion? through my experiences i never seen an Lse say that.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mpiazza000 View Post
    isn't that LIE's passion? through my experiences i never seen an Lse say that.
    It's just a Te thing.

IMO your building sample sounded kind of Ne.
    Themes that aren't physical is Ni-related.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Themes that aren't physical is Ni-related.
    How so? I disagree.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How so? I disagree.
    "Patterns" and "abstract representations" are, in fact Ni. An abstract, underlying theme is a "pattern" of "abstract representations". That's what Ni is all about.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Patterns" and "abstract representations" are, in fact Ni. An abstract, underlying theme is a "pattern" of "abstract representations". That's what Ni is all about.
    Ah huh. I've never met anyone incapable of understanding these "themes." It's intelligence, not Ni.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah huh. I've never met anyone incapable of understanding these "themes." It's intelligence, not Ni.
    That is one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever heard; on top of that, it's completely unfounded.

In case you've forgotten, EVERYONE HAS EVERY INFORMATION ELEMENT.

Yes, it is true that almost everyone can, if they try hard enough, see these themes.

The same applies for Ne.
    The same applies for Ti.
    The same applies for Te.
    The same applies for Si.
    The same applies for Se.
    The same applies for Fi.
    The same applies for Fe.

The question of type, and the whole point of socionics, is the AMOUNT to which everyone uses these elements, and their comfort level in using said elements.

While intelligence lends to a better understanding of the world around you, abstract themes falls under Ni. Ever wonder why some people have a hard time finding abstract connections like that? They have trouble using Ni!

That is called socionics.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast