Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help typing myself

Creepy-male

Default Need help typing myself.

Emphasis on "help". At this stage of the game (and maybe I'm impatient), something this important to me can't be done the easy way without me being haunted by the anticlimax. That's probably an invitation, but don't worry if you're having a mean streak--"disappointment is a way of life".

I have difficulty with logical systems. Going from point B to point A to get to the corner store to buy a point C makes about as much sense as A -> B -> C.

I have wildly variable energy that seems to be influenced to a very large degree by my surroundings. I tend to mobilize in situations where it's not likely that people will shoot me down with facts and correctness, and conversely shell up where they will. When I'm on a down period (like now), I can't imagine being my CAPTAIN WILDCHILD self, and I assume he shares much the same opinion of me
    (I can fathom all that wild energy being funneled into creative expenditure, rather than just venting it off from having too much to hold on to).

My memories and imagination equally carry a strong emotional component, and I tend to get whisked away by them (like I'm living two lives, and my brain randomly gets distracted with the then/when life and focuses really intently on it, forgetting about the now life). I find this distressing, partly because I value the real world (and worry that my grip on it might be loosening) and partly because they're either bad memories or good fantasies (which tend to disappoint later, because I instinctively half-incorporate them into the real world).

I also find it hard to mobilize my desire for completion. It takes a truly dire situation (like two weeks before the Big Exams) before I shift off my ass and start going. I'd say the level of the "going" is fairly high, too, but mostly motivated by wanting to avoid the negative repurcussions of not killing a mosquito that's stopping me from sleeping or not studying for exams (which leads to many feelings of ineptitude when I get a stark 40% slipped quietly 'neath my nose).

Now, the bit where you can help. Analysis!

Paragraph 1: role function , so I can't sequence arbitrary "anythings". I love middles, because that's when everything's sublimed into a whiz-bang jumbled mess of possibility (that comment, one of the Fs?)

Paragraph 2: PoLR? But I get vibes of role function from the alter-splitting. I read somewhere that that can be making "living" simulacra, though.

Paragraph 3: Don't know?

Paragraph 4: Ignoring serving program ?

Final note: I know I use hazy language a lot to defend against statements of fact, unless I'm sure what I'm stating is fact too.

I'm 92% set on SEI, but my expertise is sorely lacking.

I really appreciate your help!

EDIT: sorry about the slightly clinical flavour of this post, but normally everything comes out as a jumbled hodgepodge half-narrative. That aside, I spent effort making everything accurate.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

I can see you are an ISFp, but I need to confirm this by asking you a set of questions:

1) Do you like crazy people?

2) Do you like to explain logical things to people?

3) Do you make song lyrics?

4) Do you have pets?

5) Do you make big changes in your life frequently?

6) Do you smoke hash?

7) Are you moody?

If you answer with less than 5 "yes", I'd say you are not ISFp. More than 5 doesn't mean you are an ISFp, but could make the analysis easier.
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha yeah I agree with 1981.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    I can see you are an ISFp, but I need to confirm this by asking you a set of questions
    [snip]
    If you answer with less than 5 "yes", I'd say you are not ISFp. More than 5 doesn't mean you are an ISFp, but could make the analysis easier.
    I love crazy people. Wild-crazy, not broodingly psychotic-crazy, though.

I suppose I like explaining logical things, I'm just really bad at it. Lots of hopscotching and double takes as I correct myself or realise I've said something stupid or wrong. I like explaining things in general, but not if it bores people.

I parody song lyrics, but I'd feel incredibly cheesy coming up with my own. Every form of from-scratch verbal creativity I produce feels, to me, too awful to be good, but not awful enough to be camp. [EDIT: I like creating visual things, though. I'd do music as well, but I usually make myself cringe and give up long before any constructive trialling and erring gets done.]

No pets by necessity, but given the choice, I'd probably get a dog. Something that was there but out of the way (solitude makes me very anxious).

Well, I'm in school at the moment, so no opportunities to make big changes. I find it enjoyable to be in situations with no clear short-term outcome, and no long-term side-effects.

Don't smoke hash, don't intend to. There's a list of psychedelics that I owe it to myself to experience that I keep, however. Strongly against recreational use of any drugs, and hard drugs in general. This stance is largely motivated by the fact that they damage you.

Very, very moody. Even I have no idea how I'll be feeling in three days' time. I know what sort of cues trigger different moods, though.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

omg, you are SO SO SO SEI.

(and that's a good thing. I love 'em)
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

It looks ISFp to me. And I don't give a shit to what Cuddy says

ILE "Searcher"

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    omg, you are SO SO SO x.
    I think Chandler Bing uses to talk like this
    ILE "Searcher"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Chandler Bing uses to talk like this
    Well, he's IEI, no?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-male

Huzzah! I was right!

Is it bizarre for me to have done my self-diagnosis off the super-ego though?

And my enneatype is 7w6.

1981, can we go over how you got that?

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, he's IEI, no?

No way! Chandler Bing is the most famous healthy ENTp in the world...

...crack! he doesn't even exist
    ILE "Searcher"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No way! Chandler Bing is the most famous healthy ENTp in the world...

...crack! he doesn't even exist
    okay, it's hilarious that we're both claiming him to be our own type. And he's a fictional character. you're totally cracking me up.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay, it's hilarious that we're both claiming him to be our own type. And he's a fictional character. you're totally cracking me up.
    I've read in this Forum that self-dualization, developing 5th and 6th functions, makes people stronger or something like that. It is obvious that joking is about creative /
    That's why healthy happy people are supposed to look as their duals and be merry.

Anyway, fictional characters doesn't exist (isn't it incredible?) and we shouldn't take them as examples when typing
    ILE "Searcher"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've read in this Forum that self-dualization, developing 5th and 6th functions, makes people stronger or something like that. It is obvious that joking is about creative /
    That's why healthy happy people are supposed to look as their duals and be merry.

Anyway, fictional characters doesn't exist (isn't it incredible?) and we shouldn't take them as examples when typing
    does this mean that you and I are a couple of the happiest people on the forum?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon View Post

1981, can we go over how you got that?
    I don't understand your question (I am not an English native speaker). Could you say that in a different way?
    ILE "Searcher"

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does this mean that you and I are a couple of the happiest people on the forum?
    We'll know that after the commercials

Welcome back. Yeah, I feel ok about now
    ILE "Searcher"

Creepy-male

Shoot.

I'll try.

What sort of process did you go through to get ISFp?

Another question, when I'm on one of my energy highs, I seem to be an ENTp. Is that the E7 talking?

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon View Post
    Shoot.

I'll try.

What sort of process did you go through to get ISFp?

Another question, when I'm on one of my energy highs, I seem to be an ENTp. Is that the E7 talking?
    1) Well, I know a lot of ISFps and I read very much about Socionics, which helps me spot ISFps easily.

2) Energy highs are typical of ISFps, but they are usually in energy lows too. Anyway, I don't know much about the Enneagram.
    Last edited by 1981slater; 01-05-2009 at 07:32 PM.
    ILE "Searcher"

Creepy-male

"Sevens are people who tend to interact with the world through direct experience in order to feel fulfilled. They may have problems dealing with anxiety and insecurity, particularly concerning inner conflicts (which explains the need to resort to the external environment for happiness and satisfaction)."

Self-preservation variant, too. I compare it to Speed (the movie). I try to keep myself moving so I don't chuck an emo.

I'm also hesitant to accept the "just because". ... doesn't that go against activation ?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my immediate impression from your posts and wiki page is SLE, although i don't really have any good reasons why SEE is wrong, other than i think you give off a more SLE "feel."

in general, the content of your posts is far less informative than the nature of the language and message, although there are some bits of it that i find quite consistent with the Se message. considering the following fragments from this post and from the wiki page which you removed a little while ago:

I enjoy peaceful introspection as much as throwing myself out and attacking every possible source of enjoyment I can find
    Now, after that big-ass dump, a disclaimer.
    If you want to hit the crazy, I'm up 87% of the time.
    It takes a truly dire situation (like two weeks before the Big Exams) before I shift off my ass and start going. I'd say the level of the "going" is fairly high, too, but mostly motivated by wanting to avoid the negative repurcussions of not killing a mosquito that's stopping me from sleeping or not studying for exams (which leads to many feelings of ineptitude when I get a stark 40% slipped quietly 'neath my nose).
    In general, I interpret your communication style as impatient, assertive, direct, and stylistically crude (you present a lot of random joke material and you even apologize for the "slightly clinical" focus of the posts) in a way reminiscent of SLEs. additionally, the above examples present something of an "active" focus, from the standpoint of aggressively pursuing whatever your goal is as opposed to preferring a more comfortably and stably paced environment. i don't think this precludes laziness or perceived introversion; i think there exists a rather large subset of SLEs who tend to be lazy and relaxed much of the time (this accounts in no small part for some of the SLEs who have mistyped as SLIs, but this is a different discussion)

you have seem to have very little discomfort with throwing around a bunch of systematic terminology, including attributing things rather haphazardly to different IM elements (or other things, such as enneagram variant) and seeing how well they fit. for example, the way that you approached analyzing the content in your first post was to divide it into paragraphs and discern an informational emphases in each paragraph that supported your conclusion. this is a very systematic (and, in my opinion, typical SLE) approach as opposed to identifying the way that the information fits into much more fluid conceptual framework.

a large amount of the context that you provided is consistent, in my opinion, with the SLE emphasis. this includes simple observations like "I also know what I like when it comes to the senses," "I have wildly variable energy that seems to be influenced to a very large degree by my surroundings," and "I've never been good at sequencing things in a cause-and-effect sort of way." Also the enneagram typing of 7w6 sp.

there are other pieces of information that might seek to detract from SLE (for example, emotional moodiness and lack of confidence in logical discourse) which i think are generally far less important than the style and emphases of your posts. additionally, there are reasons to suggest that these traits are explicable, for example:

I suppose I like explaining logical things, I'm just really bad at it. Lots of hopscotching and double takes as I correct myself or realise I've said something stupid or wrong. I like explaining things in general, but not if it bores people.
    in general, i think this would be easy to see from the perspective of somebody minimally confident in their own conceptual (intuitive) thinking. to me it's reminiscent, like much of the rest of your communication, of user ezra, who most people feel is SLE.

additionally, although i don't know how you came up with the ENFP typing, it may serve to explain part of the reason why you see these qualities in yourself (without assuming that they are accurate or not).

In conclusion, two fragments that are quintessential of the entire emphases of your posts:
    I'm 92% set on SEI, but my expertise is sorely lacking.
    Self-preservation variant, too. I compare it to Speed (the movie). I try to keep myself moving so I don't chuck an emo.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd agree with everyone else that has said SEI is a good possibility, at least until more information is provided.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very interesting.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Niffweed makes some good points. SLE did cross my mind also. and I don't think I've ever met an SEI who's also an enneagram 7. Usually SEIs are 9s or 4s.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Niffweed makes some good points. SLE did cross my mind also. and I don't think I've ever met an SEI who's also an enneagram 7. Usually SEIs are 9s or 4s.
    Either he is SLE or he just typed himself wrong. It can happen, and for the longest time I thought I was 2w3.
    D-SEI 9w1

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    Either he is SLE or he just typed himself wrong. It can happen, and for the longest time I thought I was 2w3.
    yeah, my husband thinks he's a 6 but I think he's a 2.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see you are an ISFp, but I need to confirm this by asking you a set of questions:

1) Do you like crazy people? YES

2) Do you like to explain logical things to people? YES

3) Do you make song lyrics? NO

4) Do you have pets? NO

5) Do you make big changes in your life frequently? Not really.

6) Do you smoke hash? NO

7) Are you moody? YES

Incredibly false post, I would have expected better from my dual.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Incredibly false post, I would have expected better from my dual.
    Well, I know two sets of ISFps: the first one matches questions 1-2-4-7, which means they are "good girls/guys".

Some of the ISFps I know have also the traits 3-5-6, because they are really one: if you smoke hash, you push yourself to write song lyrics and have a lack of direction in life, from an point of view, of course. In other words, this second type of ISFp is about artists.
    ILE "Searcher"

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) Do you like crazy people? YES

2) Do you like to explain logical things to people? YES

3) Do you make song lyrics? YES

4) Do you have pets? YES

5) Do you make big changes in your life frequently? I suppose, although I don't like it, I don't think that level of instability is very healthy.

6) Do you smoke hash? NO

7) Are you moody? YES

Welcome to the forums Are you sure you aren't a 4? You strike me as a fellow SEI-Fe. As for feeling a bit ENTp-ish at times, when I first came here I was self-typed as ILE. So no drama

Tell me about your life. Where are you from, how did you grow up? What is your favourite food/season/whatever?

<3
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I know two sets of ISFps: the first one matches questions 1-2-4-7, which means they are "good girls/guys".

Some of the ISFps I know have also the traits 3-5-6, because they are really one: if you smoke hash, you push yourself to write song lyrics and have a lack of direction in life, from an point of view, of course. In other words, this second type of ISFp is about artists.
    Understandable. I love animals, but I intensely dislike the clean-up involved. I had to clean up after rabbits and ducks!

To have no direction in life is probably the biggest "PoLR" that I can imagine. People need you out there, your family, your friends, even your community in some instances. And to lay about writing songs and smoking hash is in my opinion, a big waste of one's time.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bee View Post

Tell me about your life. Where are you from, how did you grow up? What is your favourite food/season/whatever?
    How old are you? How tall are you? Do you believe in God? What is the password for your bank account? Do you believe in ESP? Will Batman escape? What is the capital of Esthonia? Do you have all your teeth? Why actors fight for being famous and then they wear sunglasses? If working is healthy, why doesn't ill people work? Why the people who sells dog food claim it is tasty? Have they eaten it?

Remember, you are under oath
    ILE "Searcher"

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I accidentally a coca cola bottle.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a hard time when it comes to understanding Australian slang
    ILE "Searcher"

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a hard time when it comes to understanding Australian slang
    I didn't get that either. the coca cola thing.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem solved.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LMAO. This just made my day.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Guzlazon
    What really settled SEI for me, though, was the presence of and in the super-ego block, though. Logic is unnatural and abrasive for me, and I've never been good at sequencing things in a cause-and-effect sort of way. (There's a big zone called "Past" and whatever happened there is what I am "now", and there's a bigger, hazy zone called "Future" where there are lots of possibilities that I could never plan for.)
    I agree with this, especially the anecdote on past and future. The past is the past, no need in thinking about it (I mean my own, history is nice to study, especially military history). The present is what I care about, what is most important on my list. And the future is something I can barely plan for, and when I plan for it, I can only do it in one block instances. College, when that is done, check, now after college? I will admit for the longest time, I didn't even thinking of life after college, I just assumed it was "there".

cause and effect is too hard to mental-ize, what's the use?
    D-SEI 9w1

Creepy-male

Niff's post made my day, for sure.

I did notice while reading it that I was thinking "How does this fit into Model A"? Is that my lack of a more fluid conceptual framework?

As for enneatype, I could very well be a 4w3. I reason, since "I have to keep moving, or I'll be sad again" or "I have to be as loud and lively as possible or I'll be self conscious" or even "I have to make a good argument or I'm wasting my time first and foremost, but also the other people's". I know that if I try to step back and look at the me-sphere in the third person, I'm still very much (and very inescapably) in the first person. (Random tangent: right at the moment, I'm in Forum Mode. It's actually taken me 40 mins to spin all this up and string it out on paper in the name of Clear Communication (which is something my English teachers bemoan the lack of (lack of the Ns, as you said?))).

To be fair, I prize irrationals. That's why I would want to be one, even though I'm thinking I sound more like an EJ right at the moment.

Oh, and the ENFP and 7w6 were by tests when I was on an energy high. If I'm really honest, I just agreed with them on the grounds of "Oh good, it's working! I'm becoming someone I'll like!"

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to rip your post up. (:

As for enneatype, I could very well be a 4w3. I reason, since "I have to keep moving, or I'll be sad again" or "I have to be as loud and lively as possible or I'll be self conscious" or even "I have to make a good argument or I'm wasting my time first and foremost, but also the other people's".
    I used to feel like "I have to be as loud and lively as possible, or people won't like me enough", and then I would go emo and think that no one liked me. Or, "I have to make a good argument or I'd be ripped to shreds logically, and then I'll feel like shit because I'm not smart enough to argue coherently." For me, it's all about how external stimuli affect my internal state. With , I feel like people are critiquing ME when they critique my work when I don't ask for it.

Oh, and the ENFP and 7w6 were by tests when I was on an energy high. If I'm really honest, I just agreed with them on the grounds of "Oh good, it's working! I'm becoming someone I'll like!"
    Yes, I think that is what happened to me. I used socionics to further my growth and make myself someone I liked. Good or bad, your call.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to rip your post up. (:

I used to feel like "I have to be as loud and lively as possible, or people won't like me enough", and then I would go emo and think that no one liked me. Or, "I have to make a good argument or I'd be ripped to shreds logically, and then I'll feel like shit because I'm not smart enough to argue coherently." For me, it's all about how external stimuli affect my internal state. With , I feel like people are critiquing ME when they critique my work when I don't ask for it.

Yes, I think that is what happened to me. I used socionics to further my growth and make myself someone I liked. Good or bad, your call.
    Bam, yes. Esp. critiquing. Sorry about that pear/peach thing btw.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast