Thread: Typing Tots

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Typing Tots

I've been enjoying typing the little kids at church. First I typed a kindergartener as an ESFp. She gets along well with the pastor's son, a 20-year-old INTp. I typed another girl as an ESFp, but she might be an ESTp. I typed a 2-year-old girl as some kind of and another as an ENTp. A girl I don't know the age of is some kind of caregiver. Maybe an ESTj.

In nursery yesterday, I had fun observing a tiny dual pair. The before-mentioned ENTp was playing with a 1-year-old ISFp boy, and it was really cute. Do any of you make a habbit of typing the little ones?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How could you type a one year old? That seems impossible.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I think you can know the temperament (E/I +p/j) at least.
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol

....how??

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My son could have been typed as a baby pretty easily I think. At least the Ip temperament. He was so easy going, lazy, good sleeper, never made a peep, just wanted to be comfortable (he's SEI, lol). When he was older, it became more evident that he's very into colors and visual patterns (way more so than most kids) as well as being super picky about what he eats and giving dramatic over-reactions to foods he hates. Also he started reminding me of my dad. And my dad would say things like "I did that as a kid" to almost everything my son would do or say. So there was that point of comparison also.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My little brother is an ISFp, and my mom said he was a really easy baby. This boy is a foster child, and his gaurdian says he's the easiest baby she's ever had. Plus, he gets along great with the INTp.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol

....how??
    Unpredictability and bursts of energy are Ep related.

Mild kids tend to be Ip.

Boring kids tend to be Ij.

Dependable kids tend to be Ej.
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have one dependable (and she is GREAT I might add!) and two milds.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I have one dependable (and she is GREAT I might add!) and two milds.
    Lol, think she's your dual?

My parents got lucky. Two sets of illusionaries, with the older being the introvert. We also have three sets of supervision.. And my parents are duals.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Lol, think she's your dual?

My parents got lucky. Two sets of illusionaries, with the older being the introvert. We also have three sets of supervision.. And my parents are duals.
    no, she's my husband's identical (ESE). But she's SUPER dependable. She's like a little mommy, which is great. She helps me remember things I'm supposed to do like sign permission forms for field trips and pack lunches, etc. lol I can be flighty that way and I appreciate her reminders. She also looks out for the other two (which occasionally can seem bossy, but generally is taken the right way). My husband and I are supervision. Husband and one daughter are identicals. Husband and other daughter are supervisory. Husband and son are mirrors. Son and I are lookalike. Daughter and I are supervisory. Other daughter and I are identicals. Of the kids, I probably feel closest to my son. But I'll bet that's cause he's the baby.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been enjoying typing the little kids at church. First I typed a kindergartener as an ESFp. She gets along well with the pastor's son, a 20-year-old INTp. I typed another girl as an ESFp, but she might be an ESTp. I typed a 2-year-old girl as some kind of and another as an ENTp. A girl I don't know the age of is some kind of caregiver. Maybe an ESTj.

In nursery yesterday, I had fun observing a tiny dual pair. The before-mentioned ENTp was playing with a 1-year-old ISFp boy, and it was really cute. Do any of you make a habbit of typing the little ones?
    I don't make a habit of it, but I do have one young cousin who I believe is probably ESTp, or maybe ESFp. She is quite the handful. She has no fear, is inquisitive, sturdy, independent, always moving around and doing things. She has excellent observation skills (better than me) and has a great detailed memory. For example, I took her to a local mounted police stables, and two days after the trip she could recount exactly how many horses were there, their locations in the stables, their colors, and what they were doing (the way she described, she was obviously visualizing it in her head, the spatial layout). She is always pushing the boundaries.

Her sister is some sort of Ij, I think - perhaps Se PoLR (which I think is a little hard for her, especially since her father is ESxp, too). She is a sweet, responsive, often delicate seeming, occasionally wacky little girl. Sometimes she gets pouty and tries to manipulate. She can sit quietly and focus for relatively long periods of time. I find her much easier to connect with and manage than her sister.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Typing babies is for creeps.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte View Post
    Typing babies is for creeps.
    Not infants, kids 2-6. I'm gonna be a preschool teacher, so I've made a habit of observing kids.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not infants, kids 2-6. I'm gonna be a preschool teacher, so I've made a habit of observing kids.
    that's cool, Abbie. Preschool is a great age!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My half-brothers are 5 and 7. The 7-year-old I have difficulty typing, but the 5-year-old is a very very obvious Ti-ESTp. There is simply no questioning it.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THESE ARE TOTS

AND I PREFER TO EAT THEM, NOT TYPE THEM.
    Last edited by tereg; 01-08-2009 at 09:36 PM. Reason: om nom nom nom nom
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frickin' IDIOT. GOSH.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    DA, do you often refer to children as "tots" or "the little ones"?
    Not often, only when I'm referring to small children instead of elementary-age ones. I only used "tots" for alliteration.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate alliteration. And puns. And talking about children in a patronizing tone. Not that you meant it that way.

But I'm always reminded of this child psychology teacher. What was it? I wanted to step on her eyeballs. I wanted to drop a brick on her and see if she'd react. She was like...something ugg. Like a lukewarm passive piece of meat. A cow. Her lips stuck out like a fish. Her eyes were sort of buggy. Worse, there was nothing in them to contradict this incredibly plodding, squishy feeling. And then she'd talk in a slow, unhurried, plegmatic voice that was kind of whiny. And she said things like "we're going to understand the kiddies". I wanted to stomp on her. I wanted to see blood. But no one else seemed to notice. No one else seemed to hate her like I did. She wasn't fat, or ugly, or probably even annoying for most people. But she was a blighted, idiotic, wart. Cow. Talking about the "kiddies" like she actually understood what was going on in minds a million times smarter and more honest than hers. Like she could look into honest eyes and patronize, while hers were more vacant than theirs could ever be. God, I can't find a good parallel to her. She's not really a cow, or a fish, that's an insult to the fish, because even those animals have interesting qualities sometimes. I transferred out of her class the first day.
    Aackk!! Sweet sentiments like the above-quoted turn me off teaching for life!! Why must teachers be perfect? Gah ... they're just people, presumedly doing their best.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who said the deciding factor for hate was her being a teacher? It wasn't. I don't hate people for being teachers. I hate people. Individually. I don't hate people because they aren't perfect. I hate people because they are vacant and squishy. The fact that she was in a position of power to channel her patronizing monologue somewhere wasn't the deciding factor for my dislike. She could have been anything, anywhere, with any job, and I still would've taken steps to get the hell away from her. It has nothing to do with teaching.
    Ahh cool. I still don't understand how you could work up such a level of dislike for someone in a day, merely for possessing a "vacant and squishy" personality, whatever that means....
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like alliteration. It has a special place in my internal humor-center.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dolphin, if you declared yourself now, I would agree with you. If you don't, though, then I'm not sure. It would explain the recent dialogue quite nicely, though.

This brings another point to mind - should Caregiver types have the near-monopoly they do in childcare? On the one hand, they are obviously well-suited for taking care of someone weaker than themselves. On the other hand, wouldn't the Victim children be better off with Aggressor caretakers? Or would they?

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    This brings another point to mind - should Caregiver types have the near-monopoly they do in childcare? On the one hand, they are obviously well-suited for taking care of someone weaker than themselves. On the other hand, wouldn't the Victim children be better off with Aggressor caretakers? Or would they?
    I've wondered the same thing.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    I think kids are always going to be better off with their dual or identical in charge, no matter what. But that's not usually the way life works. So it's not a bad thing for kids to learn early on how various other types are and how they interact with them, etc.
    IEI-Fe 4w3