Thread: I hate boxes

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default I hate boxes

Why is the world so boxed in? Everything is in boxes, doors, in houses.

I want the bow to be untied. I want to unleash it. I know there's true magic if you just get rid of the box.

There's no what man calls 'spirituality' in boxes. There's no magic. A box is an attempt to contain art's power, as we're all deathly afraid of liberation (but at the same time desperately want it so). That's why people think they need to border their drawings. But true art should have no borders, the art should speak for itself in a plain, clear background.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Heh cute.

Get that fucking big black box away from my holier-than-thou !

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Why is the world so boxed in? Everything is in boxes, doors, in houses.
    It has to do with how the memory is organized.... the brain is very efficient and tries to use as little memory as it requires. It is called categorization.

For example... if I say "a cup of tea" you can imagine a cup and you know what I am talking about. You feel comfortable with your understanding even if you don't know if is a small or a large cup, black tea, green tea or some other herbal tea.

You have a category for "cups" that provides you with an image of the recipient, and a category for tea that provides you with information about the content.

Boxes are good for efficiency.
    "What is love?"
    "The total absence of fear," said the Master.
    "What is it we fear?"
    "Love," said the Master.

I chose Love

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I agree with that. I don't mean mental boxes. I was talking more along the lines of purely concrete, physical boxes. But because the brain works in boxes, it would make sense that the things we create have them as well.

Romanticism is the blurry lines when the boxes begin to collapse. Because you no longer care about being efficient. You care that you care, that you're falling in love.

It just bugs me for some reason, it probably does relate to my Te polr, and the IEIs drifting off from traditional American society etc.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Romanticism is the blurry lines when the boxes begin to collapse. Because you no longer care about being efficient. You care that you care, that you're falling in love.
    Falling in love sucks! Just a major source of pain in most cases.

Is much better to become awake and to enjoy the other person... to savor it... to truly love it...
    "What is love?"
    "What is it we fear?"
    "Love," said the Master.

I chose Love

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because you know, there is that little thing called gravity, which makes it just a little bit harder to build an house with curved walls. Yes, Buckminster Fuller invented the geodesic dome, however I think that it's still too expensive to be built in series.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never seen a boxed car.

I guess boxes are used when most efficient and circles are used when most efficient.

In our world the boxes are more often efficient.

In the universe however 99% of things are circle's

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn't categorization, systemization, borders, and definitions be related to Ti?

Ti is the rigidly boxey one right?
    The end is nigh

boxes > romanticism
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Creepy-bg

black box is going to be my new name for

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    I love boxes.

PoLRs don't like boxes.
    They don't like to fill boxes, but they love empty boxes

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    In the universe however 99% of things are circle's
    Given a fixed lenght, the circle (or, in euclidan 3-d geometry, the sphere) has the gemetrical property of being the figure that can encapsulate the largest area. (which also means, that given an area then the circle is the figure that allows for the smallest length)
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

By claiming boxes are greater than romanticism, you are actually practicing romanticism yourself. Not very 'Logical' is it? Where is the proof that boxes are better than being romantic? There really isn't any, because you are already putting one above the other, valuing being romantic yourself. But you are trying to apply this to EVERYBODY else, being naturally democratic, hence you being very annoying to us Betas.

Gammas are ugh sometimes.

In our world the boxes are more often efficient.
    What is efficiency, exactly? It seems to me, it's still better to just have more squiggly lines so people can find out who they truly are quicker. And what makes it 'our world' anyway? Huh? Why are there even outcasts/pariahs if it's truly our world? The world belongs to nobody, the world just is. Because they make themselves different due to their own emoness? I don't think so.

Quit butt-hurting my polr, arggggh.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If you're talking about 'Mainstream American society values Te' I can't argue with you there. But society norms and values can be changed.

I suppose from Te-valuers perspectives that would just be emotional blackmail, or something.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Wouldn't categorization, systemization, borders, and definitions be related to Ti?
    Te doesn't look for a category, Ti looks for a connection. Ti doesn't look for a system, Ti looks for a way to see unity. Ti is a border naturally, just like all functions, because it's limited in its purity and what it can accomplish obviously, like the good intentioned person being abused because the intention was pure, but the action had unforeseen consequences, and everything in the universe is connected.

Ti makes definitions yes.

Te efficiently connects others as externals to produce a mass good (in my rough understanding) ti is an introverted maze-y mess for somebody to find their own unique path. ti is limited by its own category, but because its so subjective like most anything dealing with IEIs- we use it to basically find a way to feel a little less alone.

A professor uses ti, a businessman uses te. Roughly speaking. The ti-valuer uses other functions (not related to te since they don't value it, they value ti) to 'water down' the categories and make them more inclusive, which dilutes the raw effect and basically makes it education for education sake. Truly, 'those who can't do, teach.'

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sigma View Post
    Falling in love sucks! Just a major source of pain in most cases.

Is much better to become awake and to enjoy the other person... to savor it... to truly love it...
    in many cases, falling in love leads to your last line... becoming awake and enjoying the other person, truly loving them.

and in some cases, that also leads to pain.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

By claiming boxes are greater than romanticism, you are actually practicing romanticism yourself. Not very 'Logical' is it? Where is the proof that boxes are better than being romantic? There really isn't any, because you are already putting one above the other, valuing being romantic yourself. But you are trying to apply this to EVERYBODY else, being naturally democratic, hence you being very annoying to us Betas.
    Haha, since you took it so seriously. In a world without any kind of boxes, you would be dead in weeks, especially now since it's winter. You even live inside a box. And I've lived my entire life without romanticism. So boxes > romanticism Romanticism is just some pointless social convention that really serves no purpose, other than satisfying the purpose it has created for itself.

Gammas are ugh sometimes.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    in many cases, falling in love leads to your last line... becoming awake and enjoying the other person, truly loving them.

and in some cases, that also leads to pain.
    You're on to something but... you might be thinking about something else. You might be thinking about "becoming alive"... that can happen when you fall in love... you discover another you.... you begin to see the world differently, better somehow....
    However... this is different from being awake... To give you an idea, if you are awake, the pain that comes with the other person leaving..... is missing...
    "What is love?"
    "What is it we fear?"
    "Love," said the Master.

I chose Love

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like boxes. I can put my things in them.