Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Categories and Subcategories of a Function illustration

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Categories and Subcategories of a Function [illustration]


  2. #2
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,695
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nice chart Rmcnew. I always wonder how you manage to go so deep into socionics, I'd probably go insane if I did. Makes me think if it is possible draw everything that was in that chart of yours into that picture. Now, that would be awesome and I think it is possible. I wonder if there is an artist that is up to the challenge of drawing it in an abstract/realistic manner in the same time.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Young_and_Confused
    Nice chart Rmcnew. I always wonder how you manage to go so deep into socionics, I'd probably go insane if I did. Makes me think if it is possible draw everything that was in that chart of yours into that picture. Now, that would be awesome and I think it is possible. I wonder if there is an artist that is up to the challenge of drawing it in an abstract/realistic manner in the same time.
    Thanks ...

    I think that is an excellent idea and I have also thought of making illustrations in that way. If anyone is creative and interested anyhow.

  4. #4
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How does it work?

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    How does it work?
    Let us say that you want extroverted sensing, it goes sort of like this ...

    Each category is a subcategory of the upper category

    Extroverted Sensing -

    ------[Extroversion]
    -------[Space, Quantity, Addition, Multiplication]
    ---------[Outside,Active,Direct]
    -------------[Perception]
    ---------------------[Sensing]
    ---------------------------[Space,Concrete,Potential]

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree with your chart. Good job.

    Extroverted Sensing -

    ------[Extroversion]
    -------[Space, Quantity, Addition, Multiplication]
    ---------[Outside,Active,Direct]
    -------------[Perception]
    ---------------------[Sensing]
    ---------------------------[Space,Concrete,Potential]
    Right when I saw that part, I thought "Einstein". His transcension to the second archetypal stage, made manifest in his Theory of Special Relativity. Each of those four components play a vital role in that theory.

    And the General Theory: truely the General Theory is an appraisal of sensation.

    I think you've got all of this very much on the mark... but I've not seen much about crosstypes....

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    I think you've got all of this very much on the mark... but I've not seen much about crosstypes....
    Thanks, I appreciate that!

  8. #8
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    How does it work?
    Let us say that you want extroverted sensing, it goes sort of like this ...

    Each category is a subcategory of the upper category

    Extroverted Sensing -

    ------[Extroversion]
    -------[Space, Quantity, Addition, Multiplication]
    ---------[Outside,Active,Direct]
    -------------[Perception]
    ---------------------[Sensing]
    ---------------------------[Space,Concrete,Potential]
    I thought that for instance for an extrovert you chose between space and quantity to choose between judgment or perception.

    It doesn't work like that?

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    I think you've got all of this very much on the mark... but I've not seen much about crosstypes....
    I know what crosstypes are generally, but I have not studied them within a context that would enable me to speak of them in the same terms as I would with other parts of Jungian theory.

    That is mostly a long-winded way for me to say that I do not know how to apply crosstyping in the way you implied.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    It doesn't work like that?
    It might in some certain instances, but I never intended to imply that in the chart, no...

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    I thought that for instance for an extrovert you chose between space and quantity to choose between judgment or perception.

    It doesn't work like that?
    Actually, now that I think about it is more like a ying/yang ... if you go left for extroversion then the you have [major space]/[minor quantity] and if you go lft then you have [major quantity]/[minor space]. For introversion it would be [major time]/[minor quality] and [major quality]/[minor time].

    So, my answer is that both are used for each category, but I think you were on the right track when you thought what you did.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default







    *kills self*
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  13. #13
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky






    *kills self*

  14. #14
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    I thought that for instance for an extrovert you chose between space and quantity to choose between judgment or perception.

    It doesn't work like that?
    Actually, now that I think about it is more like a ying/yang ... if you go left for extroversion then the you have [major space]/[minor quantity] and if you go lft then you have [major quantity]/[minor space]. For introversion it would be [major time]/[minor quality] and [major quality]/[minor time].

    So, my answer is that both are used for each category, but I think you were on the right track when you thought what you did.
    Cool .

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    180
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Why are not the four "main" functions divided up into their introverted and extraverted constituencies? Should not the subset of introverted intuition differ from the subset of extraverted intuition etc.?
    Lyricist

    "Supposing the entity of the poet to be represented by the number 10, it is certain that a chemist, on analyzing it, would find it to be composed of one part interest and nine parts vanity." (Victor Hugo)

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tempus
    Why are not the four "main" functions divided up into their introverted and extraverted constituencies? Should not the subset of introverted intuition differ from the subset of extraverted intuition etc.?
    Because I wanted to emphasize the diffrences between extroversion and introversion in the functions as subsets. I might do that in a chart in the future, though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •