Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default What the best type interactions heal

Just my observations from my type interactions in real life.

Dual: Cures Neuroticism, Self-Hatred, Inertia and World-Hating feelings

Identity: Cures Self-Hatred, Inertia and World-Hating feelings

Activity: Cures Inertia and Word-Hating feelings

Mirror: Cures World-Hating feelings

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

For example, a VERY depressed person is always neurotic, (responds poorly to environmental stress), self-hatred (hates themselves), inertia (feels stuck and go nowhere, like everything they do is pointless, and also World-Hating (feels like nobody can help them and everybody is out to get them. Sees objective nature of reality as darker than it really is. Hates the world, writes posts about how everything sucks etc.)

Those 4 qualities together brew a person with a very intense negative vibe that makes them self-destruct or lash out on others.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good points
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree as long as these aren't supposed as the only cures to any of the problems listed.
    asd

Creepy-Cyclops

Interesting.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Just my observations from my type interactions in real life.

Dual: Cures Neuroticism, Self-Hatred, Inertia and World-Hating feelings

Identity: Cures Self-Hatred, Inertia and World-Hating feelings

Activity: Cures Inertia and Word-Hating feelings

Mirror: Cures World-Hating feelings

Identity is known for it's boringness. I don't know what you mean with inertia but it seems not right.

Dual observation is perfect IME.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't know about the identity one ... ime, identical relations can highlight what you don't like about yourself, because you see the same weaknesses in them as well. And how would they go about curing inertia? Seems to me, they would offer advice that would be like stating the obvious ... suggesting things that you've already tried etc.

I think the dual one's right. (c:
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm tired of people acting like Identity is worse than it actually is. It's the second-best type interaction people. It cures inertia by forcing one person to act since nobody will cover weaknesses. You're confusing neuroticism with inertia. Being neurotic is what causes people to stay non observant to their physical environment. That's the lack of energetic feeling that only your Dual can give you (as well as the other things).

Get over your homophobia hehe. I don't mean homosexualphobia but homophobia as in thinking people like you will clash.

Anyways, I was kind of a bit worried about the term inertia myself but if you have something better let me know.

Identity is known for it's boringness.
    Non-socionics related. Also nowhere in the theory does it state that Identity is known for its boringness, if anything duals appear that way at first.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Non-socionics related. Also nowhere in the theory does it state that Identity is known for its boringness, if anything duals appear that way at first.
    You might be right, I was referring to a part of a socionics Identical description:
    ...partner becomes dull, uninteresting...

Duals with not suited subtypes become quickly boring indeed.

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

A lot of it has to do with age me thinks. Older Identicals are usually very appealing to younger Identicals, and vice-versa. (well especially if it's the gender whom you are attracted to) You also don't feel quite as bad interacting with a Supervisor that's younger than you.

I apologize if I sounded bitchy in that post btw.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm tired of people acting like Identity is worse than it actually is. It's the second-best type interaction people. It cures inertia by forcing one person to act since nobody will cover weaknesses. .
    Good point. I hadn't thought of that.
    Get over your homophobia hehe. I don't mean homosexualphobia but homophobia as in thinking people like you will clash.
    lol I was just going from experience. I find them interesting in company .. but with just the two of us, it's usually a bit blah and frustrating. These two Si-SEIs I know are so generally un-perturbed-looking and easygoing that they make me zoom out of myself and try to liven things up - which usually just makes me come off as somewhat odd. :-/ Or sometimes, our relations can seem more intimate than they are - even when we're just talking about boring, everyday stuff. And if one of us smiles, then the other one does ... and the smiling can escalate until our grinning is completely disportionate to the hilarity of our conversation matter. So then we will likely adopt slightly stern expressions the next time we interact to balance things out (not wanting to give the wrong impression). Oh gah ... the vicious cycle.

On the other hand, an Fe-subtype SEI and I get on like a house on fire. Though I think I end up using more Ne around her.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."