Thread: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (movie)

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (movie)

I'm curious as to what other people think about this movie... did you like it or dislike it? What do you think was the message behind the movie?

What quadra do you think it fits into best?

What types do you think Benjamin and Daisy are?

I'll probably write more after some more responses but I think the overall feel of the movie is Delta. I think this movie is a masterpiece. I've never been teary eyed throughout so much of a movie. It just makes you look at your life and think about what your doing with it. As for the types of Benjamin and Daisy I really don't have a solid idea... Benjamin seems irrational and logical maybe and Daisy irrational and ethical.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'll get back to you on this one! Need to watch it

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy89 View Post
    I'm curious as to what other people think about this movie... did you like it or dislike it? What do you think was the message behind the movie?

I'll probably write more after some more responses but I think the overall feel of the movie is Delta. I think this movie is a masterpiece. I've never been teary eyed throughout so much of a movie. It just makes you look at your life and think about what your doing with it. As for the types of Benjamin and Daisy I really don't have a solid idea... Benjamin seems irrational and logical maybe and Daisy irrational and ethical.
    so it's one to avoid then. (just kidding) Sounds like a movie I would probably love. but the problem with those sorts of movies is that they stick with you and for me that sometimes equals me moping around the house, thinking about it.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    so it's one to avoid then. (just kidding) Sounds like a movie I would probably love. but the problem with those sorts of movies is that they stick with you and for me that sometimes equals me moping around the house, thinking about it.
    Yea I was a bit depressed after watching it even though I think the message is supposed to be more inspirational. My friends and I talked for a couple hours after the movie and that always seems to help me get past these kind of movies. I still couldn't fall asleep until 4 though lol.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<3333 should be what a movie does.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea I was a bit depressed after watching it even though I think the message is supposed to be more inspirational. My friends and I talked for a couple hours after the movie and that always seems to help me get past these kind of movies. I still couldn't fall asleep until 4 though lol.
    lol gads. yeah that's the sort of effect I'm looking to avoid. maybe the matinee? or the husband will say we'll rent it later. I did see the trailer and it looked great.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-

I haven't seen it yet, but I'm looking forward to it. My brother gave the book to me a couple of years ago, and I really liked it. He and his girlfriend went to see it, and they both loved it... I'll try to remember to post after I see it

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry guys, I thought it was boring as fuck, but still clever
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Creepy-

WARNING in case you haven't seen it and plan to: Possible spoilers ahead

I went to see this tonight, and thought it was incredible - it was just really well done, in almost every way. I went with three other people: an ENFp guy, an INFj girl, and an INTp guy. Their reactions:

ENFp - he read the book a couple of years ago, and he had already seen the movie and really liked it; he said that he liked it just as much the second time, especially because he could focus more [we didn't get to talk much after the movie though, so I haven't gotten to find out exactly what he meant by this or what else he thought of it....]

INFj - She was sitting right next to me and cried more than I did [we shared my coat sleeve to wipe our eyes, haha]. She said it was one of the best movies she's ever seen.

INTp - He was sitting on my other side, and it was obvious he didn't like it. He [jokingly] made fun of me for crying, and he said it was just too slow and boring for him. When I asked him about it afterwards he said something like, "Halfway through I was just wanting him to hurry up and age. I wanted him to turn into a baby because that would be weird." [I think he was kidding, but it's hard to tell w him.] But he was just not into it at all.

I'm curious as to what other people think about this movie... did you like it or dislike it?
    I really, really liked it.

What do you think was the message behind the movie?
    That one way or another we all reach the same end: we all live, age, and die. Each person follows his own path to arrive at the same destination, so it's best to do it your way rather than follow others' standards or rules about living, because there is no "right" or "wrong" way. This fits in well with my own outlook on life, which is probably one reason I liked the movie so much. Benjamin experiences this same old truth in the opposite way of what we're used to - it's startling, and maybe that's what makes it so strong.

I will say, though, I wish it hadn't been stated as explicitly as it was - I thought this message was pretty clear, but towards the end Benjamin [Brad Pitt] pretty much spells it out.

Delta.

I'm not really sure. I have some idea, but to be sure I would need to watch it again [and again] with this in mind.

I completely agree - it is a masterpiece. Different from the book [with the love story especially] - more sad, too. I cried several times throughout, which is not usual... yeah.

Besides the story itself, one thing in particular I liked about the movie is that Brad Pitt does such a good job as an actor. When Benjamin is a child, Pitt’s movements and facial expressions – even very subtle ones, like eyes lighting up when he hears something he likes or is surprised by – are just dead-on. You watch this character – who looks like an old man – and everything right down to the subtlest movements and reactions is truly childlike. It’s very cool. [Incidentally, this is the same thing I like about The Hot Chick, which is overall kind of a dumb movie but Rob Schneider acts/moves so much like a girl that it fascinates me.]

I could go on, but I'm tired [and that's enough rambling anyway]. In a nutshell: A+
    Last edited by female; 01-18-2009 at 01:48 PM.

Total sweetheart PussyInASarcophagus's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE 8w9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe SLI ESI for the main characters? Daisy seemed IEx in the beginning but very Dreiser like at the very end