Hybrid View

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionics Types and Quotes

This isn't necessarily related to only deltas, but, it's something we could talk about. Basically, post things that you see as being socioincally relevant - or instances in real conversation/interaction where you think socionics comes through in a clear way. There are some moments where I say "wow, this really exemplifies...." - do you have the same? I've been thinking about making a thread like this for a while, and some things from today finally led to it happening.

Holiday gatherings may yield some quotes, like they did for me, today.
    -----------

A Family Gathering:

The SLE of the family is known as the trouble maker. He tickles kids and swears. He's very good natured, but he's definitely dominant and likes to influence other people.

I noticed for the first time a growing affinity from the SLE, who is an older 40+ uncle in the faimly, and an EIE who is in middle school now- the SLE's nephew. There was a very Beta moment at one point - the EIE was remarking about how he didn't like much of his family (playfully) ((also - most of his family is alpha/delta)). He said, jokingly, that he would disown everyone -- everyone but the SLE, who was "cool". The SLE and EIE have known each other for along time, but this was the first time - the first family gathering - where the EIE seemed overtly drawn to the very strong of the SLE; it was interesting to see.

Later on, the same EIE was commenting about one of his other cousins. The daughter of the SLE happens, actually, to be EII. (She's EII 9w1, and until the last few years has been extremely shy and rarely spoke, even though she's now in elementary school). I don't remember what, but, the EIE made a remark about the EII in passing: "I don't like her, she doesn't talk to me, doesn't smile at me, and doesn't let me hug her. She's not nice to me". The EIE was definitely making remarks about the EII not valuing his , not being receptive to it. Keep in mind, these were sort of just passing remarks, and not meant to be hurting, just a rather honest reaction ((which is good to look for in typing people)). Remembering, perhaps, I think someone told the EIE to sit next to an EII for a photo, or something of that nature, and so this led to his response - a declaration of why he didn't want to sit next to the EII.

I engaged in some discussion of current events with an LSE later on, and some other events of the evening were taking place - hectic things, some family drama. The quote stuck in my head of his is: "That's why I just try to keep my life boring". This LSE is a Te subtype 1w9 sp. He kind of exemplifies, in his life, a very "conservative" lifestyle - in terms of the choice of his spouse (an ESI he knew growing up, which was an obvious and safe choice), and his lifestyle and occupation. Anyhow, his remark about keeping his life boring was one version of being an LSE, and I thought his own words captured very well his general persona - which is extremely "safe". He takes risks, and he's still capable of kicking ass, but, he's very content with a small town way of life, and his family. During a somewhat tumultuous situation that night (family member in a hospital), he spent time reassuring people. Later (rather boringly, to most, I assume), he explained some of the new features in his home - how the unorthodox fireplace works, and his new robot vacuum cleaner.
    Last edited by UDP; 12-29-2008 at 08:41 PM. Reason: changed "now" to "new (robot vacuum cleaner)" in the last sentence
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very interesting observations. Though I think that's somewhat of a harsh remark and overall attitude you said the EIE has towards his Contrary. From an intertype-dynamics perspective their issues should not be as much concentrated on Fe imo.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Though I think that's somewhat of a harsh remark and overall attitude you said the EIE has towards his Contrary. From an intertype-dynamics perspective their issues should not be as much concentrated on Fe imo.
    Harsh or not, it's what he said. I don't think he outrightly dislikes her, but, I clearly get the sense that her resistance to his large preference bothered him, and he was kind of feeling a little snotty and lashed out in that moment.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Harsh or not, it's what he said. I don't think he outrightly dislikes her, but, I clearly get the sense that her resistance to his large preference bothered him, and he was kind of feeling a little snotty and lashed out in that moment.
    Yeah, I understand, it just sort of sounded like a really big deal the way you said it. I also find it interesting how that sort of thing sticks out to you, as an Fe roleR, and EIE's super-ego.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This isn't necessarily related to only deltas, but, it's something we could talk about. Basically, post things that you see as being socioincally relevant - or instances in real conversation/interaction where you think socionics comes through in a clear way. There are some moments where I say "wow, this really exemplifies...." - do you have the same? I've been thinking about making a thread like this for a while, and some things from today finally led to it happening.

Holiday gatherings may yield some quotes, like they did for me, today.
    -----------

A Family Gathering:

The SLE of the family is known as the trouble maker. He tickles kids and swears. He's very good natured, but he's definitely dominant and likes to influence other people.

I noticed for the first time a growing affinity from the SLE, who is an older 40+ uncle in the faimly, and an EIE who is in middle school now- the SLE's nephew. There was a very Beta moment at one point - the EIE was remarking about how he didn't like much of his family (playfully) ((also - most of his family is alpha/delta)). He said, jokingly, that he would disown everyone -- everyone but the SLE, who was "cool". The SLE and EIE have known each other for along time, but this was the first time - the first family gathering - where the EIE seemed overtly drawn to the very strong of the SLE; it was interesting to see.

Later on, the same EIE was commenting about one of his other cousins. The daughter of the SLE happens, actually, to be EII. (She's EII 9w1, and until the last few years has been extremely shy and rarely spoke, even though she's now in elementary school). I don't remember what, but, the EIE made a remark about the EII in passing: "I don't like her, she doesn't talk to me, doesn't smile at me, and doesn't let me hug her. She's not nice to me". The EIE was definitely making remarks about the EII not valuing his , not being receptive to it. Keep in mind, these were sort of just passing remarks, and not meant to be hurting, just a rather honest reaction ((which is good to look for in typing people)). Remembering, perhaps, I think someone told the EIE to sit next to an EII for a photo, or something of that nature, and so this led to his response - a declaration of why he didn't want to sit next to the EII.

I engaged in some discussion of current events with an LSE later on, and some other events of the evening were taking place - hectic things, some family drama. The quote stuck in my head of his is: "That's why I just try to keep my life boring". This LSE is a Te subtype 1w9 sp. He kind of exemplifies, in his life, a very "conservative" lifestyle - in terms of the choice of his spouse (an ESI he knew growing up, which was an obvious and safe choice), and his lifestyle and occupation. Anyhow, his remark about keeping his life boring was one version of being an LSE, and I thought his own words captured very well his general persona - which is extremely "safe". He takes risks, and he's still capable of kicking ass, but, he's very content with a small town way of life, and his family. During a somewhat tumultuous situation that night (family member in a hospital), he spent time reassuring people. Later (rather boringly, to most, I assume), he explained some of the new features in his home - how the unorthodox fireplace works, and his now robot vacuum cleaner.
    I read the whole thing and i think you are a very understanding and a well thinking guy inside your head. maybe that's why they always refer UDP with charisma.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I very much enjoyed your post UDP. I found it both clear and insightful.
    I would like to write some observations about a recent social experience I had, after reading your post I will attempt to keep it as clear as possible.
    It's more observation to start with, should be some quotes at the end.

I had gone out for a drink with two friends, an LSE and an LII, myself being IEE.

To add some context the LII had in his youth, some issues with being treated badly by women.
    A few years ago another friend of his suggested to him that he was too nice and should treat women a little meaner to get them to like/love/respect him etc.
    My friend had always described his friend as an "alpha male", I had never met this person.
    He has now been going out with an SEI for about two years, he has very little time for her and in my opinion treats her less well than he should.
    In my opinion her confidence suffers from his attitude towards her and the consensus amoungst our mutual friends is that they do not have a healthy relationship.

Anyway...back to what was for me a curious and enlightening moment.
    The three of us were having a drink, when a friend of the LII spots us and comes over to join us accompanied by his girlfriend.
    I was paying particular attention to everyones interactions, as I was still at this point uncertain as to whether the LII, was LII or ILE
    Well to cust down a very long story to just a long one, the friend was SLE and she was IEI and of course, he was the one that gave my friend the advise that seemed to be so damaging and contrary to who he really is.

Nearly time for some quotes...well paraphrases...After the SLE and the IEI left, I started talking to my friends just to confirm or reject my observations.

LII: aaaAARrghh laddy, you be taking this nonsense too serious, I be worried about ye, I think ye be fooling in it, to escape other problems! In additon most pirates not be interested in this type of mental sorcery
    LSE: Actually I'm really interested in this stuff I like it, I just don't have time, to look at it properly

We start to talk about the SLE and IEI.

LII: aaaAARrghh laddy, I will tell you something, she be follwing that swashbuckling sea dog wherever he goes, if he be wanting to talk to his crew she'll be hovering around obediently until he be ready to savage her. That be when he gave me the advise to treat wenches like wenches.
    Me: I say something really clever, witty and insightful.
    LII: says something...not stupid...but missing the point
    Me: I say somthing else
    LSE: tells me to stop being so defensive.
    If my memory serves me correctly, I then got distracted by a buxom wench, clench my cutlass between my teeth and swing on a chandalier over to the bar. I then buy a happy hour mojito for myself and a white wine for the lady.

hmmm...I'm not really sure what my point was...I suppose what it comes down to is that it was really funny watching my supervisor getting supervised.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by somavision View Post
    I then got distracted by a buxom wench
    It happens.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[05:46] zzz: morning?
    [05:46] xxx: morning
    [05:47] xxx: hey
    [05:47] zzz: heh whats up?
    [05:47] xxx: not much
    [05:47] zzz: why are u awake?
    [05:49] xxx: thinking
    [05:49] xxx: and talking to people
    [05:49] zzz: thinking about what?
    [05:49] xxx: many things
    [05:51] zzz: uh ok
    [05:51] xxx: right now I'm having a discussion about sex, actually.
    [05:52] zzz: ok ill let u go
    [05:52] xxx: ........
    [05:52] xxx: why do you interpret what I say as me telling you to go or stay?
    [05:53] xxx: You asked me what I was doing, and then I told you
    [05:53] zzz: cuz u werent totally forthcoming about it and u didnt ask me anything about it so i interpreted it as u not wanting to talk which i dont think is a strange way to interpret u being vague
    [05:54] xxx: I was forthcoming
    [05:54] xxx: I told you exactly what was going on.
    [05:54] zzz: ok nvm
    [05:54] xxx: many things, and then one thing specifically
    [05:54] xxx: that discussion
    [05:54] zzz: im not offended or nething i just dont like feeling like im in a convo that the other person doesnt wanna be in
    [05:56] zzz: im sorry if i missinterpret u
    [05:56] zzz: but i just guess sometimes the way u talk makes me feel that way
    [05:56] xxx: I understand
    [05:57] zzz: well thanks for understanding, ill work on it. i guess i just have a hard time trusting that when people say something...thats all they r saying, im used to deeper/double meanings
    Last edited by UDP; 01-02-2009 at 10:19 AM.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

zzz would get on my nerves easily.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[05:46] zzz: morning?
    [05:46] xxx: morning
    [05:47] xxx: hey
    [05:47] zzz: heh whats up?
    [05:47] xxx: not much
    [05:47] zzz: why are u awake?
    [05:49] xxx: thinking
    [05:49] xxx: and talking to people
    [05:49] zzz: thinking about what?
    [05:49] xxx: many things
    [05:51] zzz: uh ok
    [05:51] xxx: right now I'm having a discussion about sex, actually.
    [05:52] zzz: ok ill let u go
    [05:52] xxx: ........
    [05:52] xxx: why do you interpret what I say as me telling you to go or stay?
    [05:53] xxx: You asked me what I was doing, and then I told you
    [05:53] zzz: cuz u werent totally forthcoming about it and u didnt ask me anything about it so i interpreted it as u not wanting to talk which i dont think is a strange way to interpret u being vague
    [05:54] xxx: I was forthcoming
    [05:54] xxx: I told you exactly what was going on.
    [05:54] zzz: ok nvm
    [05:54] xxx: many things, and then one thing specifically
    [05:54] xxx: that discussion
    [05:54] zzz: im not offended or nething i just dont like feeling like im in a convo that the other person doesnt wanna be in
    [05:56] zzz: im sorry if i missinterpret u
    [05:56] zzz: but i just guess sometimes the way u talk makes me feel that way
    [05:56] xxx: I understand
    [05:57] zzz: well thanks for understanding, ill work on it. i guess i just have a hard time trusting that when people say something...thats all they r saying, im used to deeper/double meanings
    zzz sounds like my EII friend

Creepy-Cyclops

My SLI friend on discussing our favourite comedy shows, "Yes, I quite enjoy comedy". Delivered completely seriously and genuinely, with a poker straight face and a 100% deadpan voice.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI (not word-for-word, but trying): NASA spent 6 million dollars designing a pen that could write in zero gravity. What did the Russians do? They used a pencil. Come on, think, people.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    ESI (not word-for-word, but trying): NASA spent 6 million dollars designing a pen that could write in zero gravity. What did the Russians do? They used a pencil. Come on, think, people.
    Same ESI: Regularly emphasizes seeing the signs and reading the writing on the wall and the trends. Referenced the story Who Moved My Cheese? as an example with the point that it's important to be the mouse who knows the cheese supply is dwindling and is therefore not surprised when the cheese moves and is in fact already onto looking for new cheese supplies well before the cheese "moves," always staying ahead of the game.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Why is this thread in the Delta Quadra subforum? Wouldn't it be better placed in General Discussion? It deals with all types.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    Why is this thread in the Delta Quadra subforum? Wouldn't it be better placed in General Discussion? It deals with all types.
    It was created in a time where there was very little happening in the delta quadra subforum; it was a means to get some deltas talking in here.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heh, I touched on a slightly uncomfortable subject with an SLI
    and they bow out and change subjects to how they need to do something to their car.

classic.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trying to help an ESE who is in a relationship with another ESE:

Me: I just wish the two of you could have a level-headed conversation for once.
    ESE: ...
    Me: You need to sit down at a time when you're both calm and talk about your future and make a plan with a timeline and everything. Like, date for a year, plan marriage, get married. Or not.
    ESE: We already made a plan but we don't follow it. We make plans in our "intimate moments". (said with air quotes)
    Me: And then you fight. You two are always fighting or having intimate lovey-dovey talks, when are you ever just calm so you can talk about the relationship and get to know each other?
    ESE: We are passionate people! She thinks I'm yelling when I'm not. Do I sound like I'm yelling?
    (he kind of does, but I know that's how he talks when he's feeling strongly, which is almost always)
    Me: No I know you're not yelling now but you were yelling on the phone with her.
    ESE: We were both talking passionately!
    Me: You've got to be able to talk some other kind of way if you want to get to know each other. Remember we talked about building relationships before you can commit to them?
    ESE: ...
    Me: What do you want to do?
    ESE: I don't know! I don't want to break up with this girl, I love her!
    Me:...
    ESE: I've got to end it right now, cut it off!
    (goes off and cries)
    EII
    4w5, sp/sx

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    and they bow out and change subjects to how they need to do something to their car.

classic.
    Yeah, really weird to me, like the most inorganic way to move the conversation. I was talking to this SiTe I had a rocky time with, and he brought up why I didn't talk much with him and why I seemed mean when we talked. I brought up all the times he continued to flake on me, and that I waited months for him to live up to his word and continued to have my patience tried to the point where I just gave up. Like, he directly asked for this, and then instead of answering anything, he just goes "Let's talk about something nicer." And we haven't talked since then, so I'm just like screw him

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post

classic.
    Well...what kind of car was it? ;-)
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoapOfSapphire View Post
    From an online conversation w an SLI friend/ex-coworker of mine:

Me - Thank you, [SLI]! It has been too long... as much as I enjoy your wit via the internet, it isn't the same as in person. I don't know if you're free, but we [at work] are having the Halloween Extravaganza next week - it'd be great to see you [and your offspring!] if you can make it... if not, hopefully I'll see you soon... I need to have a party or something, and if I do then hopefully you and your wife can make an appearance ;-)

SLI - these things you've said all sound very reasonable, and i'll see what i can do

"very reasonable" indeed.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me - Thank you, [SLI]! It has been too long... as much as I enjoy your wit via the internet, it isn't the same as in person. I don't know if you're free, but we [at work] are having the Halloween Extravaganza next week - it'd be great to see you [and your offspring!] if you can make it... if not, hopefully I'll see you soon... I need to have a party or something, and if I do then hopefully you and your wife can make an appearance ;-)

SLI - these things you've said all sound very reasonable, and i'll see what i can do

Aw, now that's bad. Even I can see that.
    ISTp
    SLI

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really? I didn't take it as bad at all; that's just how he is online [well, and irl too a lot of the time] even though he's actually a very warm person inside and a great friend. I kind of like it :wink:
    Not to be judgmental, but it sounds like he has a cork stuck somewhere.
    ISTp
    SLI

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm... I think that's a bit harsh. Granted that was one of his more... blunt? [can't think of the right word atm]... responses, but considering our interactions overall I don't see what's wrong w it. Then again, I guess if that was all I had to judge on, I might think the same thing....
    I'm sure he's cool...he is SLI afterall. :wink:
    ISTp
    SLI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, that's cute. That kind of response wouldn't bother me at all either. It almost seems like he wrote down exactly what he was thinking, but that's what's cute about it.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The laugh of an LSI who is anxious about showing a receptivity to positive emotional content when in the presence of a perceives superior.

mmm

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"How dull it is to pause, to make an end, To rust unburnish’d, not to shine in use! As tho’ to breathe were life."

! I know an ESE and an EIE who both had this quote on their facebook.

Creepy-

An ESE talking about how she got the manager at a restaurant to change something for her:

ESE: "When you make a scene, things get done."
    IEE: "Hmm, maybe. I think being a paying customer may have helped too."
    ESE: *rolls eyes and tells IEE the cover of her laptop is dirty*

Creepy-

Default Ignoring things should actually make them disappear

Ignoring things should actually make them disappear... and if I was in charge of the universe, that's the way it would be.

Just kidding.

I saw Brilliand's thread title and immediately thought of something an SLI 9 said to me recently: "There's no point getting worked up. If I don't like something, I don't think about it. Simple as that."

Well, I'll add to these over time, but off the top of my head, my sister is a confirmed LSI, and she has a terrible habit of making abrupt comments to complete strangers who annoy her.

For example.

When we're out shopping in a crowded mall, she will practically bulldoze her way through the crowd, telling people to "move it", lol. I'm usually the one apologising profusely in her wake.

I took her to see Avatar the other day. About 10 minutes into the movie, some fat guy and his 5 kids showed up late and were taking their time looking for their seats in the row in directly in front of us. My annoyed sister sharply told them to shut up and sit down, lolll.

Gotta love her.

EII - Ne
    5w6 sp/so/sx

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sapphire, I love your avatar

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Sapphire, I love your avatar
    Thanks, I love it too - I only recently found out elephants could paint....

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reason #516 to use socionics: It gives you an edge in Apples to Apples
    The card was "sensual"
    The person was ESTj
    I chose "telling the truth"

I got the card.

I think the runners-up were something like some gross old famous person (just because they aren't) and an actress.

-------------------------------------------

(Slightly paraphrased because I don't remember the exact words)
    ESTj: [to me] Some advice for when you're married: never do that.
    Me: Never do what?
    ESTj: If you really want your guy to see red. "No, when you said that you really meant this." If he says something and she takes later and says it meant something else. Or when he's trying to explain himself and she says, "You don't really mean that because you said something else before," when he's just trying to approach it... *gestures with hands, pointing around an imaginary object*
    Me: ...In different ways?
    ESTj: Yeah.
    Me: So, basically when the true meaning of what you're trying to say is ignored...?
    ESTj: Yeah *nods* Just figured you could find it useful.
    Me: I see. Thanks.

-----------------------------------------

ENFp to ISTj: Why do you hate me?
    Last edited by Minde; 02-25-2010 at 06:55 AM.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    The card was "sensual"
    The person was ESTj
    I chose "telling the truth"

I got the card.

I think the runners-up were something like some gross old famous person (just because they aren't) and an actress.

-------------------------------------------

(Slightly paraphrased because I don't remember the exact words)
    ESTj: [to me] Some advice for when you're married: never do that.
    Me: Never do what?
    ESTj: If you really want your guy to see red. "No, when you said that you really meant this." If he says something and she takes later and says it meant something else. Or when he's trying to explain himself and she says, "You don't really mean that because you said something else before," when he's just trying to approach it... *gestures with hands, pointing around an imaginary object*
    Me: ...In different ways?
    ESTj: Yeah.
    Me: So, basically when the true meaning of what you're trying to say is ignored...?
    ESTj: Yeah *nods* Just figured you could find it useful.
    Me: I see. Thanks.

-----------------------------------------

haha, nice. LSEs are a bunch of weirdos if you ask me .

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    What did the ISTj say? (if anything that is)
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shagbag The Wizard View Post
    Well, I'll add to these over time, but off the top of my head, my sister is a confirmed LSI, and she has a terrible habit of making abrupt comments to complete strangers who annoy her.

For example.

When we're out shopping in a crowded mall, she will practically bulldoze her way through the crowd, telling people to "move it", lol. I'm usually the one apologising profusely in her wake.

I took her to see Avatar the other day. About 10 minutes into the movie, some fat guy and his 5 kids showed up late and were taking their time looking for their seats in the row in directly in front of us. My annoyed sister sharply told them to shut up and sit down, lolll.

Gotta love her.
    Your sister is cool.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shagbag The Wizard View Post

For example.

Gotta love her.
    lol! I have a cousin and a good friend who are both female LSIs and they are the exact same way. One time when we were in Washington D.C. on a family reunion, we were trying to take a picture in front of some monument or something, and we had finally gotten a clear shot (you know, there was a break in the traffic at that spot) when a lady walked in front of the shot, so my cousin screamed at her, "HEY! WOULD YOU PLEASE MOVE?!" Note that this woman was at least thirty years old and my cousin couldn't have been older than 15. And we did indeed get our picture. It was grand.

Oooh, good point, gotta use that to my advantage next time. Actually it could provide a decent amount of evidence for typing... hmmm...
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Creepy-male

Jonathan
    so anyway
    relate
    or as the greeks say ηγου
    or as the romans say narra

Sargento
    lol

Jonathan
    (ok ill stop now)

Sargento
    Narra sounds like a name
    Narra Guacamole

Jonathan
    you should totally change your name

IEE demonstrating irony. Context: I very frequently change my Facebook name. In fact, it got changed the very same day I was talking to him

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

creative, commenting about a 13 year old hanging out with a 19 year old, and things turn bad, drinking, etc

"I guess the 13 year old doesn't have parents with connected brain cells"

lol

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI status

"I hate everything"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast