I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    So you're incapable of detecting sarcasm.
    Run with it.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI to me

"This is the real pasta, that everyone uses - not that genetically jacked bullshit pasta you like"

"I said you're a loser for sittin' there and jackin' off to the news all day"
    "That's why you don't get laid... See, why I don't get laid is because women just see me and automatically orgasm - boom - it's over. It's terrible"
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    ESI to me

"This is the real pasta, that everyone uses - not that genetically jacked bullshit pasta you like"

"I said you're a loser for sittin' there and jackin' off to the news all day"
    "That's why you don't get laid... See, why I don't get laid is because women just see me and automatically orgasm - boom - it's over. It's terrible"
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stop being mean. Enfps don't exist, duh.
    No, no its the other way around. ISTp's don't exist, im pretty much real.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a failed conversation:

xxx:
    hey
    zzz: yo
    xxx: what goes on?
    zzz: short story or long story
    xxx: long works if ud rather
    zzz: well
    xxx: ...
    xxx: ?
    zzz: i was moving something
    there's a number of things going on really

kind of "every level" or every layer of stuff: thinking about my spiritual/world view, thinking about how to organize my life
    thinking about my career
    thinking about the kind of person I want to be
    and how I'm failing or succeeding
    and then ther is of course schoolwork.
    and what I'm doing today
    and tomorrow.
    etc
    xxx: ok...?
    zzz: that's "what goes on"
    xxx: ok...?
    zzz: What does that mean?
    xxx: it means it was very vague and i thus have nothing to say lol
    zzz: It's not vague
    it's exactly what's happening.
    But this seems to be
    xxx: ok
    zzz: one of those things where we don't understand each other.
    xxx: can u not like...categorize our relationship please cuz i think that it limits growth
    zzz: How do you want me to react when you say
    "ok...?"
    xxx: nvm
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol was that between an LSE and an IEI?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

......it is........ but, for the record, it's particularly this person.

It seems to be dependent on her mood. I asked explained what I said later, and she had no response - I asked what she was doing again and she said she was bothering her friends - why - because it was fun.

She's just very, very far apart from me, and sometimes we have such bad communication that we can't maintain anything longer than 2 minutes. She is so strongly Fe creative, Fe subtype, that when I say things to her that are "neutral" or "blank /sans fe", she doesn't know how to react.... and then we both continue to explain how we see it this way, and the other person is doing something totally different, etc. (When we try to discuss it).

I have better conversations with many INFps, honestly. But I think this person is about as far as it gets, in terms of the difference between myself and someone else, psychologically.

PS: why do we keep interacting with each other? We're in the same circles some, and we both generally see each other as 'good people'. So we don't particularly dislike each other, but, we just can't function, at all, sometimes. It's maximum stalling, particularly when we can't even 'discuss' the problem as to why we can't converse in the first place. No traction.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

......it is........ but, for the record, it's particularly this person.

It seems to be dependent on her mood. I asked explained what I said later, and she had no response - I asked what she was doing again and she said she was bothering her friends - why - because it was fun.

She's just very, very far apart from me, and sometimes we have such bad communication that we can't maintain anything longer than 2 minutes. She is so strongly Fe creative, Fe subtype, that when I say things to her that are "neutral" or "blank /sans fe", she doesn't know how to react.... and then we both continue to explain how we see it this way, and the other person is doing something totally different, etc. (When we try to discuss it).

I have better conversations with many INFps, honestly. But I think this person is about as far as it gets, in terms of the difference between myself and someone else, psychologically.

PS: why do we keep interacting with each other? We're in the same circles some, and we both generally see each other as 'good people'. So we don't particularly dislike each other, but, we just can't function, at all, sometimes. It's maximum stalling, particularly when we can't even 'discuss' the problem as to why we can't converse in the first place. No traction.
    This is so interesting. What subtype are you?

cute that she doesn't want you to categorize your relationship because it limits growth. I agree with her but at the same time I thought you answered the question about what was going on with you quite nicely.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

udp .. i think that girl is a leech .. and didn't find any blood to suck on.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How was that even a convo? "ok" followed by "...ok?" followed by "?" followed by "..." followed by a really random question of you not to define the relationship. W-t-f

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

How was that even a convo? "ok" followed by "...ok?" followed by "?" followed by "..." followed by a really random question of you not to define the relationship. W-t-f
    yeah it's all bullshit

Creepy-Cyclops

I didn't understand it either. Maybe it was all the zzz's which put me in wrong the frame of mind to read it properly.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I didn't understand it either. Maybe it was all the zzz's which put me in wrong the frame of mind to read it properly.
    ok...?

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    ok...?

If someone were to use that conversation as a basis to learn English, they'd think the language sucked.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post

If someone were to use that conversation as a basis to learn English, they'd think the language sucked.
    Where wear ware we're where?

Creepy-Cyclops

Where wear ware we're where?
    waur

Right now, somewhere in the middle of nowhere: AKA South Texas
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A beta victim, EIE

i like older guys
    Something about, a man.
    A man, taking control.
    Boys don't interest me
    I'm definitely a tease. And i know how to drive a man crazy.
    But It's just so i can possibly find the one to really give it to me.
    I want to be near raped
    I'm independent and such and a strong woman. But That's half to weed out the lame bunch.

Love this...just fyi

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm, I was just thinking how that is so far from myself. I'm not interested in 'boys' either, but try and 'take control' and that just makes me want to wiggle out of your grasp... just because I can. I don't like being directed.
    IEE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    This is so interesting. What subtype are you?

cute that she doesn't want you to categorize your relationship because it limits growth. I agree with her but at the same time I thought you answered the question about what was going on with you quite nicely.
    Te, it seems thus far. Like I said, it's more her way. Anyhow, when INFp Fes get "cranky" or "wound up", they stand out as the most sheerly incompatible types. I know a male and female Fe subtype INFp and it's kind of similar. They have an almost "rigid" form of being Fe creative that is annoying. It's almost forceful, but still very different from EIEs. It's a combination of internal nervousness and desparately seeking to have emotional stimulation or effect on the person they are talking to - that's how it feels when they get that way with me. To them, I probably seem like I'm being a really big asshole or jerk because I am REFUSING to react to their emotional leads, or, perhaps like that above conversation shows: simply stating something that is not particlarly emotionally biased in either way. It's specific in terms of what is going on, but totally vague - as she said - in terms of my emotional "feelings" about what is going on. So I can see how that aspect of it may be frustrating to her.

For the record, when I said how it seems like this is something where we don't understand each other -- I've tried to explain in the past, at its basic level, us being different in terms of Fe and Te (although not in socionics terms). More so just explaining how we go about things differently, basically. I was trying to make a reference to it in that conversation, but, there seemed to be no want to really go in that direction, so, I just let it go and we stopped talking in essence.

udp .. i think that girl is a leech .. and didn't find any blood to suck on.
    She's alright, actually. She just gets emotionally reactive sometimes. Othertimes, I'll say nearly the same sort of thing and she'll be fine with it. I think she was just being weird today, more so.

It wasn't. She initiated the conversation, and that was the length of our interaction, essentially. So I mean, I'm not disappointed or surprised. She was looking for a certain kind of interaction, I wasn't going to provide her with it, and things just ended - that's really what happened. I wouldn't say she was being a leech, just sort of doing her own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    Hm, I was just thinking how that is so far from myself. I'm not interested in 'boys' either, but try and 'take control' and that just makes me want to wiggle out of your grasp... just because I can. I don't like being directed.
    "Hold on loosely, but don't let go"... yeah?
    Last edited by UDP; 02-19-2009 at 11:09 PM.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True story:

IEI:
    would u like to be involved in hall council?
    Me: Imperial Commander [UDP]
    Me: i won't take anything less.
    IEI: haha thats fine...we have someone who is the "shoulder angel"
    Me: I was hmm
    Me: originally thinking about some sort of a spy position
    IEI: haha sounds legit to me
    Me: i don't know
    Me: whatdo you think my role should be?
    Me: I was busy in a meeting last time, that's why I wasn't there.
    Me: didn't get back until 11
    IEI: "the voice of reason" thats u lol
    Me: hm
    Me: why do you say that
    IEI: because ur always reasonable...sometimes to an impressibely unimaginative point lol jk

Indeed. The conversion continues...

Me
    : That does suite me.
    IEI: yup, i told u
    IEI: so do u wana be on hall council? lol
    Me: um
    Me: what do you need?
    IEI: ?
    Me: what
    Me: actually needs
    Me: what sort of person do you need on hall council?
    Me: is there anything that particularly needs to be done or addressed, or does it not really matter
    Me: I figure I'll just ask if there is like a glaring need, first, before just choosing something nice.
    IEI: idk ur just more serious and i think that u would be a good presence on hall council...liek u wanna see stuff get done...thats kinda ur personality i think...more focused so...ur not wasting my life lol...u wanna see good things for the hall but are aware that u cant just sit there and expect them to magically happen. it doesnt matter what u call urself tho as long as u show up and contribute
    Me: oh, ok.
    Me: Yeah
    Me: i'll do that.
    Me: think of a cool and fitting name or title for me and
    Me: I'll do it.
    Me: I'm not very creative, so, i'll leave that to you.
    IEI: lol why cant u be the voice of reason? i think thats cute...or u can be the roya vizier...thats what i was gonna be if i didnt win lol
    Me: hmm
    Me: if you'd like.
    IEI: haha noooo what would uuuuu like?
    Me: Well
    Me: let's come up with some alternates
    Me: voice of reason is a little bit cliche because I used to know someone else who also used that as a reference to himself.
    Me: but that's just me.
    IEI: uhhh yea its cliche...thats why its cute
    Me: alright
    Me: we'll go with that for now, then.
    IEI: lol its ok if u dont like it im just letting u know it was intentionally cliche
    Me: Yeah

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's a cute one. Same IEI? You didn't appreciate her intentionally cliche title for you? I thought it was funny. But I like Imperial Commander also.

I find these conversations so amusing for some reason...
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This one is the same IEI as some others, yeah.
    She knows how I am with work stuff.
    I didn't find it as funny, but my humor style is my own I guess.

They are amusing, from a detached standpoint. Fun to look back, annoying while in it, at times

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I find these conversations so amusing for some reason...
    yeah. they're so painfully not on the same page. i feel as if i'm watching a sitcom.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ghaaaaaa
    Who could find cooking to be relaxing?

- LIE-Ni

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what? cooking is definitely relaxing, but baking more so. =)
    EII

I'll tell you what
    there is plenty wrong with me
    but I fixed up a few old buildings
    and I've planted a few trees.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rockclimber View Post
    I'll tell you what
    and I've planted a few trees

EII EII EII!
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you explain, please?
    EII

I'll tell you what
    and I've planted a few trees.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My SEE friend was talking at lunch the other day, and she said a few things that struck me as being particularly SeFi. Her cousin just got laid off from an architectural firm. He wants to go into graphic design or photography in the future, and apparently is a pretty decent photographer already. Her film company is heavily involved in the local film festival, and she told him that there wasn't anyone taking photos for the festival opening party. It wasn't slated to be a paid project this year, but if he could take photos for them, she'd introduce him to her boss and he could watermark all the photos. It might turn into a paid gig next year, or they might have use for a photographer in the future.

He told her he would do it, and she told her boss she had someone for the project. Then he retracted his commitment because he realized a friend's wedding was that same day. This was her reaction:

"See, THIS is why I don't work with family. He made me look like a complete idiot. I'm the youngest guy on the totem pole and being reliable is the only thing I've got going for me right now. I suggested him for this job and told my boss I had someone, and he flaked on me. Now my boss isn't going to believe anything I say. I haven't called my cousin about it yet. I'm so pissed. I'm never asking him to do anything for me again. That was such a great opportunity. He could have brought business cards and met all kinds of people... If you commit to something, DO IT NO MATTER WHAT."

:rant truncated for post length:

She was beyond pissed. She's probably never going to trust him in the business sense ever again, and God knows how long it's going to take her to speak to him again.
    IEE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm, yeah. I would have been upset too. what about the friends' wedding tho? If she values Fi, she would agree that he shouldn't miss the wedding. haha

Seriously though, I wouldn't stop speaking to him (I am Fe creative, after all) but I understand her feeling miffed by that. very annoying.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be mad as well. There are a few people I'll never give responsibility to because they've left me hanging in the past. Depending how she described the project, though, he could have thought it wasn't that important. If she had approached me about it, my first thought would have been that if it was important to her boss, he'd have hired a paid photographer long ago. If they haven't had one for the past 10 years, why would he care if he didn't have one this year either? (And a free one at that) Her cousin may have thought things were more flexible than they were.

She'll speak to him eventually... I think... I would not want to be on the other end of that conversation...
    IEE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    Watching a movie w my mom [EII]:

Me: Can you hear okay?
    Mom: Yes, I can hear it fine. Thank you.
    Me: [nods; goes back to watching the movie]

...a few minutes later I get up to pour some tea. While I'm in the kitchen, she gets up, takes the remote, and turns the volume up a few levels...

Me: What? I thought you said you could hear it.
    Mom: I thought I could, but then I realized I couldn't.
    Me: You're a weirdo
    LOL. that's something I would do. she's asking you if you can hear it bc she's not sure SHE can.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It didn't occur to her that it wasn't loud enough until you brought it up. But she had to think on it for a bit before being sure the volume actually needed an increase. I've lived that one.

Also:

Husband notices the sun in my eyes.
    "Do you want the blinds closed?"
    "No, I'm OK."

A minute or two pass.

"Would you please close the blinds?"
    "I thought you said you were fine."
    "I changed my mind."
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a good Fe-polr one... I was listening to a friend describe his experience at a party.

"I was standing there talking to someone and this guy comes up and asks if he can have a cup. I just handed him one and didn't say anything because I was doing something else. He says "Thanks, man." and then he keeps standing there and says, "HEY, I SAID 'Thanks'."

I realized he was pissed because I didn't say anything to him.. So I said, 'Hey, it's no problem.' ... *sounds perplexed*... I dunno... it's like he was mad because I didn't observe the formalities. I don't know why people always expect that. I gave him the cup. I wasn't being an asshole about it. I just don't see why he needed a reply.."
    IEE

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    He says "Thanks, man." and then he keeps standing there and says, "HEY, I SAID 'Thanks'."
    That's sort of a moronic thing to do.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I thought it was weird that the guy reacted that way too. He was probably a belligerent drunk.
    IEE

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, yeah, possibly.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A couple of ENFp stories. These are probably only funny to me, but oh well.

1) The check out guy at the store by me has to be another ENFp. Typical conversation (jumps to Ne almost instantly).

me "oh did this get scanned? It was stuck under the basket."
    him "we'll see in a minute" (implying the alarm at the door will go off)
    me "so should I just run?"
    him "yeah, just run. and if you have a get away car waiting outside, they can go ahead and open the trunk for you. and help you with that."
    me "ok great. thanks.

(all said in that bored cashier voice)

2) I went to dinner w/ an ENFp friend. I was really sick w/ a cold and out of it. I wasn't hungry so said I'd just have a few of his fries. The waitress comes over and he has a long conversation w/ her (including gestures in my direction) and it was too loud for me to hear. I assumed he told her we were splitting the food, so I zone out.

I look up and she's looking at me. I look back. I guess this went on for a looong time before I finally realized she didn't know we were splitting the food and I finally explained that. She looks at me like I'm craaazy.

He's laughing about the awkwardness of the long confused stare (so am I) and I explain to him why I didn't order (as I'd assumed he'd already explained to her that we were sharing). He then starts cracking up whenever the waitress comes by, because she's giving me dirty looks (thinking I'm one of those girls who doesn't eat).

So then because I'm not hungry, it just makes it worse, as he cuts a 1 inch square piece of steak and puts it next to the two tiny fries on my plate, lol. So the waitress walks by and glares again. So then we start cracking up again. And I'm breaking one tiny fry into pieces, etc.

(I mean there are a lot of girls who don't eat in NYC but they cover it up better). It was subtle enough to really only be funny to us. Then she asked if we wanted dessert and I'm like "ooohh noo...couldn't possibly" and when she takes the plate there are two fries that fell from my plate. She sorta looks at me like I was trying to hide them.

So we basically are laughing non stop the whole meal because of this. Usually I eat twice as much as he does, which made it funnier.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Creepy-Cyclops

My SLI friend on discussing our favourite comedy shows, "Yes, I quite enjoy comedy". Delivered completely seriously and genuinely, with a poker straight face and a 100% deadpan voice.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI (not word-for-word, but trying): NASA spent 6 million dollars designing a pen that could write in zero gravity. What did the Russians do? They used a pencil. Come on, think, people.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Why is this thread in the Delta Quadra subforum? Wouldn't it be better placed in General Discussion? It deals with all types.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast