Thread: Socionics Types and Quotes

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTp to me: "I enjoyed walking in the botanical garden with you, it was a great idea to go there."

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoapOfSapphire View Post
    My SLI friend, trying to find a new home for their dog [incidentally, if anyone here is in the Atlanta area and is interested, let me know and I'll give you his email address ]. The bolded part is my favorite:

"Would you or someone you know like to adopt a 3-year-old dachshund/beagle mix? Izzy's extremely friendly, healthy (spayed, shots, etc etc), and housebroken. She likes to sleep under the covers with us, play fetch, and go on walks, and she bit a bird's head off one time (it was awesome). [...]"
    omg!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An IEE of/to me

IEE: where is that level headed finisher I know and hold dear?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loki, the problem with pencils in space is that if the tip breaks off, as pencils are want to do, there's a major risk for that bit of graphite getting stuck in some major electrical parts.

Even so, a regular pen will work just fine in space lol

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

r: deltas are nudests deeep down inside.
    [01:25] gulanzon: oh yeah?
    r: mhm
    [01:26] gulanzon: what makes you say that?
    r: truth
    [01:27] gulanzon: lol
    [01:32] gulanzon: how good are you at essay writing?
    r: some
    r: I tend to wait until too late to star though, that's my problem
    r: start*
    [01:33] gulanzon: rofl
    [01:33] gulanzon: Sensors eh
    r: BLATANT DISREGARD FOR Ni
    [01:34] gulanzon: haha
    [01:35] gulanzon: WE HAVE NO NE'D FOR THAT
    [01:35] gulanzon: I'm wondering how to construct this introduction
    r: hold me know
    [01:37] gulanzon: WHEN HE HOLDS ME NOW I REMEMBER
    [01:37] gulanzon: FEELS LIKE I'M TURNING INSIDE
    [01:37] gulanzon: BEHIND MY EYES
    [01:37] gulanzon: MY DAILY DISGUISE
    [01:37] gulanzon: EVERYTHING'S TURNING TO WHIIIIIITE
    [01:37] gulanzon: nfi where that just came from
    [01:41] gulanzon: "Living matter, the stuff you have to work with is unpredictable and responds slowly---except when it's dying."
    [01:41] gulanzon: rofl
    [01:51] gulanzon: poop
    [01:51] gulanzon: there's no way I can get this done
    r: esp with that attitude ho
    [01:54] gulanzon: lol
    [01:54] gulanzon: ok
    [01:54] gulanzon: reframe it then
    [01:54] gulanzon: I'M GONNA KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND ACHIEVE THE IMPOSSIBLE
    [01:55] gulanzon: IF I STICK MY NOSE TO THE GRINDSTONE I'M GONNA FUCKING SHATTER THAT SHIT
    [01:55] gulanzon: FUCK YEAH
    [01:55] gulanzon: LET'S GO SUCKAH
    r: HEAYYYYYYYYYALLLHHhelyeah
    [01:55] gulanzon: *passioantely firey pose*
    [01:55] gulanzon: I'll let you put that exchange in the socionics quotes thread
    [01:55] gulanzon: demonstrating two Sensors taking the piss out of Se and Fe
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All of Anna Karenina is one long socionics quote. For instance, "no one except the people closest to Alexei Alexandrovich knew that this ostensibly most cold and reasonable man had one weakness that contradicted the general cast of his character. Alexei Alexandrovich was unable to hear and see the tars of a child or a woman with indifference. The sight of tears perplexed him and made him lose all ability to reason." Clear Fe-polr. The character is ILI to an INSANE degree. There's also very clear Te-creative in the same chapter (Book 3, Chapter 13).

There's also a long passage in Book 3, Chapter 3 that deals with a clash between Ti-ego (LXI) and Fi-ego (EXI). Some example quotes: "and Sergei Ivanovich transferred the question to the philosophical-historical realm, inaccessible to Levin, and showed him all the incorrectness of his view." "He sensed that once he acknowledged [assent to a given proposition], it would be proved to him that he was speaking rubbish that did not make any sense. How it would be proved to him he did not know, but he knew it would doubtless be proved to him logically, and he waited for this proof." It later goes on to show Te-DS in how much Levin (the EXI) appreciates doing practical, simple, useful work: he mows his field with the serfs. It's just grand.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    r: deltas are nudests deeep down inside.
    [01:25] gulanzon: oh yeah?
    r: mhm
    [01:26] gulanzon: what makes you say that?
    r: truth
    [01:27] gulanzon: lol
    [01:32] gulanzon: how good are you at essay writing?
    r: some
    r: I tend to wait until too late to star though, that's my problem
    r: start*
    [01:33] gulanzon: rofl
    [01:33] gulanzon: Sensors eh
    r: BLATANT DISREGARD FOR Ni
    [01:34] gulanzon: haha
    [01:35] gulanzon: WE HAVE NO NE'D FOR THAT
    [01:35] gulanzon: I'm wondering how to construct this introduction
    r: hold me know
    [01:37] gulanzon: WHEN HE HOLDS ME NOW I REMEMBER
    [01:37] gulanzon: FEELS LIKE I'M TURNING INSIDE
    [01:37] gulanzon: BEHIND MY EYES
    [01:37] gulanzon: MY DAILY DISGUISE
    [01:37] gulanzon: EVERYTHING'S TURNING TO WHIIIIIITE
    [01:37] gulanzon: nfi where that just came from
    [01:41] gulanzon: "Living matter, the stuff you have to work with is unpredictable and responds slowly---except when it's dying."
    [01:41] gulanzon: rofl
    [01:51] gulanzon: poop
    [01:51] gulanzon: there's no way I can get this done
    r: esp with that attitude ho
    [01:54] gulanzon: lol
    [01:54] gulanzon: ok
    [01:54] gulanzon: reframe it then
    [01:54] gulanzon: I'M GONNA KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND ACHIEVE THE IMPOSSIBLE
    [01:55] gulanzon: IF I STICK MY NOSE TO THE GRINDSTONE I'M GONNA FUCKING SHATTER THAT SHIT
    [01:55] gulanzon: FUCK YEAH
    [01:55] gulanzon: LET'S GO SUCKAH
    r: HEAYYYYYYYYYALLLHHhelyeah
    [01:55] gulanzon: *passioantely firey pose*
    [01:55] gulanzon: I'll let you put that exchange in the socionics quotes thread
    [01:55] gulanzon: demonstrating two Sensors taking the piss out of Se and Fe
    LOL I guess procrastination is an alpha-delta thing I'm terribly guilty of it. I've pulled many an impossible miracle in my day. . .gotta pull one more though! The thing is, you really dont know what you're capable of until you're in a situation like that. So both you guys, dont let a looming deadline faze you! You can do it!

THat was a really cute and funny exchange though!! You guys are hilarious! ("we have no Ne'd for that"?? so alpha. . .)

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoapOfSapphire View Post
    My SLI friend, trying to find a new home for their dog [incidentally, if anyone here is in the Atlanta area and is interested, let me know and I'll give you his email address ]. The bolded part is my favorite:

"Would you or someone you know like to adopt a 3-year-old dachshund/beagle mix? Izzy's extremely friendly, healthy (spayed, shots, etc etc), and housebroken. She likes to sleep under the covers with us, play fetch, and go on walks, and she bit a bird's head off one time (it was awesome). [...]"
    Sounds like my SLI ex GF, who once got angry with me for taking her out to dinner: while we were gone, the neighbors found a dead body in the canal we lived on. She never forgave me that she missed this great opportunity. Also, supposedly as a little kid, she would go around asking people: "have you ever seen someone with their skulls bashed in??
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm I don't think my husband would ever find either bashed in skulls or dead birds awesome. The reason our cat is an indoor cat is because he's afraid she'd kill birds and things if she were outside.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arctures View Post
    Loki, the problem with pencils in space is that if the tip breaks off, as pencils are want to do, there's a major risk for that bit of graphite getting stuck in some major electrical parts.

Even so, a regular pen will work just fine in space lol
    *shrug* I was just quoting what she said.

---

I just looked this up and found this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Pen):

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia, the only source of info in our day
    There exists a common urban legend claiming that the Americans spent millions of dollars developing the Space Pen, and the Russians used a pencil.[1] In fact, NASA programs have used pencils (for example a 1965 order of mechanical pencils[1]) but because of the danger that a broken-off pencil tip poses in zero gravity and the flammable nature of the wood present in pencils[1] a better solution was needed.
    NASA never approached Paul Fisher to develop a pen, nor did Fisher receive any government funding for the pen's development. Fisher invented it independently, and then asked NASA to try it. After the introduction of the AG7 Space Pen, both the American and Soviet (later Russian) space agencies adopted it. Previously both the Russian and American astronauts used grease pencils and plastic slates.[2]
    Last edited by marooned; 04-22-2010 at 03:35 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EII to IEI: [...why are you like this...] you're only friends with someone when you feel like it

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recently 'supervised' an ILE; I didn't really realize it until after, though.

I walked in on the ILE watching some program involving weddings and the bride said that she invited 170, or so, of their "close family and friends", this is basically what ensued (paraphrasing);

Me: that would be amazing if they had, combined, that many actual close relations
    ILE: how so?
    Me: Most people are not that "close" with everyone they know
    ILE: What are you talking about?! Think about it, their family, plus cousins, aunts, coworkers, friends...that's a lot of relations
    Me: yeah, but how close could you be with that many people, really...
    ILE: You just don't get it!
    Me: I get what you're saying, but having a close bond with someone is not the same as being related or just hanging out with them. You need to have a deep connection with someone to maintain that sort of closeness
    ILE: *passive mumbling*
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I'm going to kick your ass when you get home" - ESI (in a pleasant, joking fashion)

"I need help reducing my anxiety and emotional stress - this year has been really bad for that" - IEE

I don't know how to put this one into a quote format, but, I realized yesterday an LII was trying to help me with intuitional stuff by suggesting that, instead of being worried about following a specific path for the future (an Ni path), be open to the various possibilities that are going to open up along the way (Ne). It was a very good example of Ne creatives handling matters of intuition, and their dual's Ni polr, with their own valued function.

Creepy-male

4:41:11 PM Gazza: not sure if there's a better feeling then having a hot shower on a cold night
    4:41:19 PM Gazza: and then pulling on clean clothes
    4:42:51 PM Gula--TROMBE OVERRIDE!!: cold shower in a warm bathroom on a cold night, then pulling on clean, ironed cotton pajamas and sitting in the heat
    4:43:19 PM Gula--TROMBE OVERRIDE!!: I find when my skin is cold, everything is more sensually pleasing
    4:43:19 PM Gazza: i don't wear pj's
    4:43:24 PM Gazza: lol
    4:43:26 PM Gula--TROMBE OVERRIDE!!: lying naked in bed then
    4:43:27 PM Gazza: necro
    4:43:34 PM Gazza: boxershorts.
    4:43:39 PM Gula--TROMBE OVERRIDE!!: or with boxers
    4:43:41 PM Gula--TROMBE OVERRIDE!!: silk boxers?
    4:43:50 PM Gazza: I've taken a liking to cotton
    4:43:58 PM Gula--TROMBE OVERRIDE!!: can also be good
    4:44:07 PM Gula--TROMBE OVERRIDE!!: fuckin' eh bro.
    4:44:14 PM Gula--TROMBE OVERRIDE!!: clearly you are a man of excellent taste

Convo with YASLIB (Yet Another SLI Bromie)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is me having a conversation with someone about whether or not a guy she is interested in is good material. It is blunt, judgmental, but I wanted to quote it just because it's good to see.

This happened after, basically, finding out more about about the guy.

R: he sounds......................
    E: they broke up
    R: idk
    E: I asked him
    R: exactly what I've been calling him.
    E: loser?
    E: fatass
    E: ?
    R: true lol
    R: I hope i didn' t wake anybody up with that
    : with what?
    : my LOLing
    :
    : I was going for "typical", actually. in the boring sense. but also, yes, fatass and loser. Especially with the fried food or whatever comment.
    : social anxiety thing reminds me of that anthro guy.
    so whats your verdict?
    loser, fatass, boring, typical, not my type. He reeks of someone who is living an unfulfilling life.
    and is too scared to do anything about it.

sorry
    now i feel bad for him
    oh geez
    maybe you should, idk.

Note: I don't think I am espousing necessarily "delta values" in what I've said, but, I think I'm definitely being very aristocratic; when I said "definitely not my type", it was because I was thinking that he's not someone I feel like I'd gain a lot from being in a relationship with. That sort of mercenary relationship viewpoint is, at least to some extent, an element of Te ego/dominance thinking (and also aristocratic tendencies in general).

I am not saying it is "good" or that it should be 'accepted' or whatever - I just caught an example of it (one I found somewhat humorous) and wanted to put it on display here.
    Last edited by UDP; 06-10-2010 at 07:32 AM.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also, just for fun, Brian and I.

gulanzon: won't say what about
    probably confessing her love for you
    or me
    or both of us
    gulanzon: lol
    gulanzon: double lol actually
    women are strange
    and men are lazy.
    [] gul: truth

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A wonderful young EIE who I'm proud to know:

not that they did more they did something
    and thats the first step
    the first step is doing something
    the next step is doing the right thing

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*countless various instances where people didn't tell an ESI something because he or she is known to not handle difficult, especially negative, news *

or

"and definitely don't tell [ESI] about it. You know how s/he is..."

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI status

"I hate everything"

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

conversation with my Ti-LII dad:

dad: "all these australian actors on TV because of stupid american women..." *grumble*

me: "what are you talking about?"

dad: "australian actors are all over TV these days. it's because stupid american women think that their accents are sexy."

me: "okay, but why would that be stupid?"

dad: "because thousands of american actors are getting passed over and not getting paid because they're hiring these australian actors to cater to these stupid women. and... australian accents are NOT sexy!" *fierce look of wisdom*

i love my dad.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was doing some cleaning and I found this old sticky note from an ESFj friend (unsigned, but I recognize her handwriting): "Remember to eat and sleep and take care of yourself!!!"

It made me laugh. I tend to like ESXjs.

I have taped it above my work area.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[23:40] lobo: I'm "talking" to a guy online who I think is retarded
    [23:40] lobo: and no, it's not a joke about you
    [23:41] ryu: lol
    [23:41] ryu: very good

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where's the like button?
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Where's the like button?
    on facebook, youtube, and everywhere else.

... I wouldn't be surprised if it invaded this forum.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A recent conversation I had with an EIE friend:

Sam: I'm working on grant proposals, trying to get better funding for myself.
    me: lol! isn't your advisor supposed to do that?
    Sam: If I do it, then I can raise my salary from 20,000 to 30,000. If he does it, then he gets that money, so I'm doing it.
    me: oh wow, you're good
    Sam: hahaha, trying.
    me: you are a take charge woman
    Sam: come back to Illinois
    me: could have used that to cook for me...
    Sam: we're bored without you
    oh screw you
    stay in Florida
    me:

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds a bit like an ENFj I know, Lobo.

Recent facebook convo between a suspected ISTp and a cheery ENFp:

ISTp: house smells terrible. chickens need to go outside.
    ENFp: are these living chickens? That live inside?
    ISTp: right... soon to be outside.
    ENFp: it should be a great adventure for them... into the wild they go
    ISTp: they would escape...
    ENFp: you could put them on a leash and take them for a walk
    ISTp: harness and leash? I would be walking around in circles. Too much work for little profit.
    ENFp: I was totally joking... but it would keep the smell outside

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My sister is talking to her (I believe) ISTp boyfriend today after learning that our grandfather has died. He ends the conversation by saying, "Ok, well, I'll talk to you later. Don't feel too sad. *pause* Sorry. I suck at this whole compassion thing..."

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Sounds a bit like an ENFj I know, Lobo.

Recent facebook convo between a suspected ISTp and a cheery ENFp:

ISTp: house smells terrible. chickens need to go outside.
    ENFp: are these living chickens? That live inside?
    ISTp: right... soon to be outside.
    ENFp: it should be a great adventure for them... into the wild they go
    ISTp: they would escape...
    ENFp: you could put them on a leash and take them for a walk
    ISTp: harness and leash? I would be walking around in circles. Too much work for little profit.
    ENFp: I was totally joking... but it would keep the smell outside
    this was AWESOME!

and ROFL @ putting them on a leash and taking them for a walk!

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[......]

Heh one part of a fun conversation with one of my favorite IEIs.
    Nice.
    -----------------------------

Conversation with my fashion-conscious teenage sister, probably xSI, after she attended a casual-dress wedding.

Sister: "My wedding is going to be formal. People are going to look good for it. I want them to be saying, 'ouch'." (paraphrased, as I don't remember it verbatim)

Me: "'Ouch?'"

Sister: "That's what you say when you've been wearing heels."

Me: "...I'm wearing flats."

Sister: "OK, but only as long as you can't see them under the skirt."

Me: "............................................. "
    ----------------------------

Constant exchange with ESE mother.

Mom: *tells joke*

Me: *snorts or laughs quietly*

Mom: "...OK, so clearly, I'm the only one who found that funny."

Me: "...I laughed..."
    Last edited by Cuddly McFluffles; 10-25-2010 at 10:02 PM.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Lobo

It turns out you were right, eh?

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Lobo

It turns out you were right, eh?
    Oh, that wasn't my sociopath friend, lol. Actually, I have a quote from a recent serious conversation with him, which for some reason made me laugh inside.

me: I honestly think you have an empathy disorder, being serious.
    him: What's empathy?

Creepy-male

A conversation with my Brazilian ILE friend.

viktor gulanko: I totally flaked on the girl the ESE hooked me up with though, lol
    viktor gulanko: I was meant to meet up with her yesterday, but I got completely drunk the night before and… yeah
    viktor gulanko: I pretty much passed out in bed naked before I could set my alarm properly, lol
    viktor gulanko: and by naked I mean I was too close to passing out to deal with complicated things like socks
    viktor gulanko: lol
    viktor gulanko: so yeah
    viktor gulanko: hurry up and send me that sugarcane booze so I can get smashed in style
    Claudius: hahahahaha
    Claudius: first I really need to know if the mail can really deliver alcoholic beverages through international mail
    Claudius: there are some rumors that they don't deliver anything like that
    Claudius: if so, I'm already telling you that you can also forget trying any of my heroine stocks I have here

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a pretty great exchange from facebook.

Jacob (SLE): I welcome you again with open arms ann arbor, although this is a bittersweet reunion.
    LSE (who changed his facebook name to "Rupert Fensterbankmacher"): nakamura loves you jacob
    Jacob: fuck your weird new name.
    ESI: OH BE NICE JACOB (LSE likes this)
    LSE: haters gonna hate
    SLE 2: ‎...lovers gonna love, but i don't even want, none of the above. I want to piss on you.

LMAO

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice

ESI: *bitching about plans changing or not happening*
    LSE: Yeah......

ESI: *rambling incoherently about choice social circle*
    Everyone else: Yeah.......

Creepy-male

Another Facebook convo.

Chiemi (SEI): In addition to only just now having discovered beer, I have discovered that I like it quite a bit.
    Antony (???): ALCOHOLIC! Only an alcoholic would knowingly and regularly ingest a drink that is harmful to ones body.
    Baron Spukankalot (LII): So if I regularly drink mercury that makes me an alcoholic?

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Have I ever told you you're crazy? Well, you're crazy," I said as my ENFp sister got ready for her fourth 8-hour shift in 2.5 days. Looking on the bright side, "At least you're not crying in preparation for this job." She has/had another job, as a CNA, but hated it and it practically sent her into depression.

"No, I'm not. I'm blessed to have this job. It can be... entertaining sometimes, but at least it's not a drag." She tightened the straps to her bullet- (but not knife-) proof vest. "It's fun to run around and pretend to be tough!" She grinned and skipped off.

Haha

(In case anyone questions why this is in a socionics quote thread, I see this as a possible manifestation of Se role...)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It is Se role and a great example thanks Minde.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Creepy-male

Me:
    lol
    it works so well for Si and Ne
    our suggestive functions are very suggestive
    one's a spearhead and the other is a hole...
    hmm...........

Claudius:
    hahahaha
    Zayin
    that's the Hebrew term for Ne
    it means: weapon

Me:
    what's the word for Si then?

Claudius:
    let me see
    wāw
    it means: "nail"

Me:
    why is Si a nail?

Claudius:
    because Si is what holds, what receives, like you said, like a whole, it's what holds the light
    what carries it gently
    it fastens

Me:
    so Si bases go around nailing their duals
    right?

Claudius:
    yes,

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    Me:
    so Si bases go around nailing their duals
    right?

Claudius:
    yes,
    this is the only part of that conversation that made any sense to me at all.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This isn't so much a quote as a situation. Anyway, it's between an -ego and an -quadra xSxj (I am still observing this person and have not yet decided between ESI and LSE).

XSXj is in a not-quite relationship with a guy she is attracted to. The relationship basically consists of them constantly talking via text message, with little face-to-face conversation. There is a valid reason for this, but I won't go into it. XSXj is basically secure in the guy's affection toward her. She does, however, find their conversations rather boring, and she almost always waits for him to contact her. When he does contact her, she thinks nothing of waiting, 10, 20 minutes to get back with him. In general, she likes him a lot but doesn't consider him to be a priority. -ego constantly hounds XSXj to reply quickly, tells her what to say to him in reply, and urges her to contact him herself. -ego is basically worried that XSXj is coming off as too cold and that the guy may lose interest if he senses that she does not return his affections (nevermind that he knows she likes him).
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast