Thread: Type me

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type me

Alas, after being sure for so long that I was EIE, I have once again come to doubt my type.

I am open to suggestions.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE, and you love your semi-duals.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTp. Seriously. We can have similarities without having the same functional preferences. Crazy knows no type.

And you don't have to be a zany loser with no people skills who performs experiments in his basement; or some tool-box who needs a lovey-dovey ISFp to bathe you. It's all about the functions, baby.

Most of the arguments for ENFj stem from general behavioral tendencies, but I tend to think that said things are situational at best.

It is what it is, homie.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm leaning towards Ni/Se.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gilly, which forum members do you feel most encouraged to be "yourself" when you're dealing with? Which ones do you feel you need to edit or censor yourself around?

(Others should also feel free to describe how they feel the above questions describe their relationship with Gilly.)
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of all of the forum members I know, I feel most natural with Khamelion.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Of all of the forum members I know, I feel most natural with Khamelion.
    And you feel the most comfortable around SLIs.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    And you feel the most comfortable around SLIs.
    The combination would suggest Te/Fi valuing.

But since he only said Khamelion, that would suggest Gamma... or at least Ni/Se and/or Te/Fi valuing.

Gilly, who do you experience the least frustration, friction, and/or miscommunication when talking to?
    SEE

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Gilly, who do you experience the least frustration when talking to?
    jessica129

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Questions like "who do you feel most natural around" seem too generalized to yield any accurate result. Especially since they can be influenced by the person's biases of their and others' types.

And Kelly is pretty much easy to talk to, regardless of who you are.

Not to mention the fact that past relationships and other things can influence a lot.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I think the aspects of beta that gilly mainly identifies with are stereotypes anyway. Like I said earlier, anyone can be a badass, seek intense experience, be passionate, etc. If anything, it's related more to the sx instinct and general life experience, which gilly seems to have. So, I don't see a problem with ENTp, as far as functional usage goes. It should be recognized that the life experience [you, gilly] do possess surmounts a lot of this type shit anyway, and that it remains what it is, regardless. So, socionics doesn't need to be molded to it or anything.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    And I think the aspects of beta that gilly mainly identifies with are stereotypes anyway.
    Screw stereotypes. In situations where someone understands the theory but doesn't understand him/herself, I think the only thing to do is look at intertype relations. It's not a matter of which quadra's/type's descriptions/stereotypes he identifies with, it's a matter of which people he gets along with the best. Imo.
    SEE

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Screw stereotypes. In situations where someone understands the theory but doesn't understand him/herself, I think the only thing to do is look at intertype relations. It's not a matter of which quadra's/type's descriptions/stereotypes he identifies with, it's a matter of which people he gets along with the best. Imo.
    Yeah, and then we have to delve into whether those people are typed correctly or not. I know you think kelly is ESFp; I think she's Fe-INFp. Unless you bring up some benchmark type, it will get convoluted.

And like I said, if the person understands the theory, they may [unwittingly] mold themselves to their biases, in regards to intertype relations. If someone didn't understand the theory, it would be very useful to see who they get along with; it would be a blind. But Gilly has been studying it for what, 3 years? It seems like the only valuable thing to do at this point is go back to the fundamentals. How many types has he gone through now?
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+1, but I agree that Khamelion seems very easy to get along with, although I have never interacted with her in any important fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Strrrng
    And like I said, if the person understands the theory, they may [unwittingly] mold themselves to their biases, in regards to intertype relations. If someone didn't understand the theory, it would be very useful to see who they get along with; it would be a blind. But Gilly has been studying it for what, 3 years? It seems like the only valuable thing to do at this point is go back to the fundamentals. How many types has he gone through now?
    yep, guilty as charged. But I am still SEI.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    I really don't think it matters much, as long as you're happy with yourself (rather than a type) then everything's a-ok.
    Yep. That's the bottom line.

Yeah, and then we have to delve into whether those people are typed correctly or not. I know you think kelly is ESFp; I think she's Fe-INFp. Unless you bring up some benchmark type, it will get convoluted.
    True, but I think it's best to look at a bunch of people. And look beyond the types, look to which information elements are being rewarded. It's not something that we'll ever have a general consensus on though.

Understanding the theory won't help him figure out his type when it is HIMSELF that he doesn't understand.
    SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

General life experience is all that counts. You don't need this socionics shit if your life experience is insufficient, because you'll not know what is it all about. And you don't really need this socionics shit if your life experience is big enough, because socionics is then just one way of saying things you already know.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    +1, but I agree that Khamelion seems very easy to get along with, although I have never interacted with her in any important fashion.

yep, guilty as charged. But I am still SEI.
    Yeah, you are. And 2w3? I think I have you down as 4w3.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Understanding the theory won't help him figure out his type when it is HIMSELF that he doesn't understand.
    True. I guess that's the central issue here. It's been going on for a while.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tuturututu View Post
    General life experience is all that counts. You don't need this socionics shit if your life experience is insufficient, because you'll not know what is it all about. And you don't really need this socionics shit if your life experience is big enough, because socionics is then just one way of saying things you already know.
    I don't think it's necessarily "a way of saying things you already know," regardless of how much life experiences. I think it's about putting a more lucid format on things you may have experienced. But it still tends to enhance overall awareness of cognitive processes, interactions with others, etc.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay Gilly, let's say you have the magical ability to pick a type, any type you wish, right now and then be a picture perfect version of that type, fully awakened ego and all. Which type would you pick?
    SEE

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, you are. And 2w3? I think I have you down as 4w3.
    maybe we can take this to pm? Don't want to disrupt the thread.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay Gilly, let's say you have the magical ability to pick a type, any type you wish, right now and then be a picture perfect version of that type, fully awakened ego and all. Which type would you pick?
    I've tried that before with enneagram, socionics and mbti. lol, I'm not trying to nitpick here, but I feel that most of the techniques which can be implemented to "figure things out" will only add to the entanglement of things. Gilly just needs to go sit on a fucking mountain naked and have a revelation.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess is that it'll come to him when he truly stops looking for it.
    SEE

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess is that it'll come to him when he truly stops looking for it.
    Yeah. Once he steps back and lets himself breathe, a lot will probably be elucidated.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Whatever you want
    Whatever you need
    Anything you want done baby
    I'll do it naturally
    Cause I'm every type now
    It's all in me
    It's all in me

(chorus 1): I'm every type now
    It's all in me
    Anything you want done baby
    I do it naturally

(chorus 2): I'm every type now
    It's all in me
    I can read your thoughts right now
    Every one from Joy's to dee's

I can cast a spell
    Of secrets you can tell
    Mix a special brew
    Put Myers inside of you
    Anytime you feel danger or fear
    Instantly I will appear, cause

(chorus 1)

Oh, I can type your traits
    As fast as you them state
    I can make a rhyme
    Of confusion in your mind
    And when it comes down to some good old fashioned doubt
    I know it
    I know it
    I know it, know, know it, baby, baby, baby

(chorus 1 & 2)

I ain't braggin'
    Cause I'm the one
    Just ask me
    Ooh, and it shall be done
    And don't bother
    To compare
    I got it

I'm every type now (repeat till the end of time)
    I'm every type now (repeat till the end of time)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've tried that before with enneagram, socionics and mbti. lol, I'm not trying to nitpick here, but I feel that most of the techniques which can be implemented to "figure things out" will only add to the entanglement of things.
    In this particular case, it's not supposed to necessarily provide THE answer, but maybe highlight areas of contradiction. Overall it's not a bad strategy though. And it's sort of a fun game. I think I'll post a topic, lol.
    SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think it's necessarily "a way of saying things you already know," regardless of how much life experiences. I think it's about putting a more lucid format on things you may have experienced. But it still tends to enhance overall awareness of cognitive processes, interactions with others, etc.
    I have to agree.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In this particular case, it's not supposed to necessarily provide THE answer, but maybe highlight areas of contradiction. Overall it's not a bad strategy though. And it's sort of a fun game. I think I'll post a topic, lol.
    Yeah. Gilly is a walking contradiction, lol.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    that's why he doesn't have NeTi ego.
    lol
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd argue that it means he doesn't have Fi ego, but I think it could also be said that it makes Ti ego less likely.
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng
    Gilly just needs to go sit on a fucking mountain naked and have a revelation.
    LOL

Yeah, I am a walking contradiction, which seems to fit with EIE on the whole. However I have serious doubts about being an ethical type. For one, my most valued personal strengths are quite clearly logic-related (critical reasoning ability, acting in uncertain conditions, ability to work efficiently and direct the actions of others), and some of my most significant personal problems lie in areas attributed to Socionics ethics (intimacy, self-expression, authenticity, social anxiety).

Here is my biggest problem at the moment: when I find something I am interested in, I become incredibly driven and single-minded, almost to the point of obsession (if I had a job I liked, I would probably become a workaholic). However, I have a serious blockage when it comes to envisioning myself in a set life path and finding something that truly captivates me. I find myself unable to commit to things for fear of feeling stuck, of not having freedom, and yet, paradoxicaly, without the focus that comes from choosing a set path, I find myself unable to motivate myself to do anything significant. I think about the future almost compulsively, and I always imagine the wort case scenario.

For example, I am currently considering pursuing a career as a surgeon, but I can't imagine the personal suffocation or feelings of failure if I started down that path and found that I wasn't truly interested in surgery, and had wasted a portion of my life, never to be had again, along with money and effort, on something that ultimately became nothing, leaving me in an even worse position than before I started.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're too attached to your ego, or self-concept.
    SEE

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm with Diana. You're still ENTp, and always have been ENTp. BG is still your dual.

I'm a bit fond of you, and kinda wish you were in my quadra since we have similar life experiences and interests -- but you are who you are.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I find myself unable to commit to things for fear of feeling stuck, of not having freedom, and yet, paradoxicaly, without the focus that comes from choosing a set path, I find myself unable to motivate myself to do anything significant. I think about the future almost compulsively, and I always imagine the wort case scenario.
    Everybody feels that way... I would say just take baby steps. I know you have the urge for some long detailed drawn out philosophical process, but there really isn't any. Learn as you go and be gentle on yourself. Also, Joy is right, you need to just focus on helping others a bit more and it will lessen the problems that you think you have.

I think you're maybe taking 'life path' too seriously as it is. I have a more or less 'simple plan' myself. Life is too complex on its own, no need to make it any worse in our own heads.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're too attached to your ego, or self-concept.
    What made you think this and why?

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Everybody feels that way... I would say just take baby steps. I know you have the urge for some long detailed drawn out philosophical process, but there really isn't any. Learn as you go and be gentle on yourself. Also, Joy is right, you need to just focus on helping others a bit more and it will lessen the problems that you think you have.

I think you're maybe taking 'life path' too seriously as it is. I have a more or less 'simple plan' myself. Life is too complex on its own, no need to make it any worse in our own heads.
    I may be attached to my ego, but I'm not really that self-centered; I actually go out of my way to help other people on a regular basis, in a variety of ways.

I know that I spend too much time thinking about the future, but honestly I find it hard to garner the motivation to see something through if I'm not invested in an end result.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE, SLE, EIE, or LIE.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I believe you until proven otherwise. =D

I just know your forum self. So I kinda have to only go by what I see.

And well, 'narcissistic' is overdiagnosed. It seems that anybody that doesn't bend over to our every whims is labelled a 'narcissist.' I doubt they even understand the original story. I think instead of narcissism the forum conflicts you have with most people is your Fi polr.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The funny part is, I am very much a narcissist in the sense of the original story; moreso, in fact, than in any modern interpretation of the term

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lol you seriously fell in love with your own reflection?

*Pats*

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast